The Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Cooking.com web properties, e-commerce infrastructure and internal applications. This position is responsible for site and application enhancements and maintenance.
Development and Maintenance
- Responsible for building and maintaining all CCS sites, with the goal of reusability.
Systems must be stable, usable across multiple markets and scalable, while ensuring
the integrity of the product.
- Application development with C#, .Net framework, XML, XSLT
- Web development ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET, ASP, C#, HTML, HTML5, CSS &
- Database development using SQL Server
- Adhere and enforce company's change control policies and procedures
- Participate in Sprint planning, daily Scrums and Sprint reviews
- Establish infrastructure environment in SVN and CruiseControl
- Profiling code for performance tuning
- Respond to change productively, and perform other essential duties as assigned
- Repair and or enhance the performance and functionality of existing systems
- Provide on-call support & troubleshoot technical issues
Business Knowledge, Skills, and Desired Attributes:
- Internet technology guru with programming background, as well as process
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines, with varying
degrees of technical experience
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills and sound
- Results orientated technician who aligns resources to accomplish key objectives;
assigns clear accountability for important objectives; sets the performance bar at
the highest standard of excellence.
Scope of Job:
- Receives minimal direction from manager in performing the job
- Makes day-to-day decisions on the priority of issues such as which reports to work
on based upon complexity of deliverable, and due date.
- May contribute to the decision on development methodologies and internal
- Participates in cross functional teams
- 1+ years of software development experience with product full lifecycle.
- 1+ years of web development experience using ASP.NET & C#. ASP.NET MVC
- 1+ years developing software in an Agile software development environment using
either XP or Scrum.
- 1+ years of experience with SQL Server or other database.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer Science or Information Systems BS preferred
- Authorization to work in the United States for any employer
Nice to Haves:
- Software architecture and design using UML and modeling tools
- Unit test development using NUnit & NCover
- Continuous code improvement via NDepends
- Oracle Guided Search (Formerly Endeca)
Internet Savv - Makes good use of web tools and on-line industry resources, can implement and manage web projects, has on-line marketing knowledge and is aware of industry trends for a particular discipline.
Sense of Urgency - Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others and meets deadlines.
Adaptability/Flexibility - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
Managing Technology - Has an awareness of, researches and adopts effective technologies that improve the bottom line and works well with tech resources.