CORSA Performance Exhausts, a TMG Performance Products company headquartered in Berea, Ohio, is a leading manufacturer of premium performance exhaust systems for cars, trucks, SUVs and marine applications. Through its patented Reflective Sound Cancellation (RSC™) technology, CORSA Performance Exhausts provides the industry’s only guaranteed drone-free driving experience backed by premium performance and superior customer service.
Recent success and growth have led us to create the Product Development Technician position to translate design concepts, outlines or sketches into detailed documentation/drawings to be used to manufacture the products in production.
Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD (Solid Works preferred).
- Basic knowledge of product design and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to conceptualize products or components and translate them into working manufacturing documentation.
- Comfortable in a hands on manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work with shop technicians to produce working models or prototypes.
- Must be able to work in an environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
- Displays appropriate work ethic in the workplace and group settings which provides a positive influence on co-workers.
- Ability to quickly learn design software and other systems.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Translate design concepts and/or 3D models into detailed documentation and drawings, including:
*Create or direct the preparation of product or system layouts using detailed drawings and schematics.
*Prepare production and BOM documentation.
*Coordinate the manufacturing of prototype products.
*Work with Purchasing to finalize material and part specifications.
*Use of a portable coordinate measuring machine.
*Create necessary tooling and fixturing for manufacturing.
- Enter, review and edit data in company ERP system.
- Support issues that arise within manufacturing and/or production assembly.
- Create ECNs and manage all related documentation in accordance with company engineering policies.
- Provide updates to Engineering Manager pertaining to status of activities, performance to schedule and performance to budget for own activities.
- May participate in proposal development activities.
- Maintain clean work area in assigned work site
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Required to travel around the shop and visit all established work stations.
- Ability to write read and interpret documentation.
- Required to frequently use a computer.
- Will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes and other materials.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.