About CPA Global
CPA Global is one of the world's leading providers of legal services outsourcing, including litigation support, document review, contract management, and intellectual property (IP) management and software services. With offices across Europe, the United States, Asia and the Pacific, CPA Global supports many of the world's best known corporations and law firms with a diverse set of legal and IP specific requirements.
We are currently looking for a Paralegal for our Minneapolis office!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains knowledge of Patent Office Rules and Procedures (US and Foreign).
- Prepares Intellectual Property applications for filing as requested.
- Prepares formal documents, forwards to client for signature and files with various patent offices.
- Reviews office actions and other communications from patent offices and prepares preliminary drafts of responses as requested.
- Corresponds with clients regarding the status of applications.
- Calculates estimates of filing costs.
- Monitors the docket for any due dates.
- Works closely with the docketing staff to ensure all dates are docketed.
- Prepares Information Disclosure Statements (IDS)
- Obtains copies of patents and articles for IDS.
- Conducts searches and researches prior art.
- Communicates with patent examiners and other Patent-Office personnel regarding routine matters as directed.
- Develops and documents client procedures.
- Develops, documents and implements new procedures for sending work to India
Qualifications: The position requires 2+yrs experience in paralegal services – an understanding of Intellectual Property laws and regulations is preferred. Associates Degree.