About CPA Global
CPA Global is the world's top intellectual property (IP) management specialist, and a
leading provider of legal services outsourcing (LSO). With offices across Europe, the
United States, and Asia Pacific, CPA Global supports many of the world’s best known
corporations and law firms with a range of IP and broader legal services, helping them to manage risk, cost and capacity, and realize greater value for their businesses and their IP assets.
We are currently looking to hire a Operations Manager to be located in our
Minneapolis office. The Operations Manager’s role is to design, install, administer
and optimize CPA Global Intel based servers and related components to achieve high
performance of our hosted software products. This individual participates in the planning
and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure efficiency and maintenance is
consistent with company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
Salary Range: $100k- $120k plus bonus and benefits
- Coordinate and collaborate with other IS teams to ensure availability, reliability
and scalability to meet business demands.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, respond to and resolve issues with product
configurations which could impact client experience with our software solution.
Monitor, analyze and predict trends for system performance, capacity, efficiency
and reliability and recommend enhancements.
- Benchmark performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
- Perform tasks necessary to fulfill service level agreements regarding server
capacity, security and availability.
- Manage the versioning of our software products, apply updates, hotfixes and
patches as necessary.
- Lead the planning and implementation of system upgrades, maintenance fixes
- Develop, document and maintain operational processes and tasks.
- Define hardware and software standards in conjunction with service owners and
- Manage direct client Help Desk queues; prioritize and respond to help desk tickets
- Coordinate with Vendors, Suppliers and Development teams to resolve issues and
restore failed IT Services as quickly as possible.
- Participate in the on-call Out of Hours Support process.
- Direct and provide guidance to junior members of the infrastructure support
- Verify data protection and DR capabilities through regular service restore tests.
Strategy & Planning
- Lead, coordinate and participate in key process improvements as they relate to
the hosting our software products.
- Design and implement policies, procedures and technologies to ensure system
performance, availability and security meet future known requirements.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols
and standards in support of all infrastructure projects, procurement and
- Provide technical resource for client implementations including the ability to work
with consultants and the clients to load new data into the hosted environment.
- Remain informed on laws, trends and issues, including current and emerging
technologies and best practices; advise, counsel and educate executive and
management teams on their relative importance.
- At least five years’ equivalent work experience in a senior technical position
responsible for managing server infrastructure and operations.
- Excellent understanding of server architecture design techniques, theories,
principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows server OS (2003+) and VMware ESX
(4+), with MCSE and VCP certification.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle 11g
- Experience designing, installing, configuring and maintaining all types of server
hardware and software, including blade systems.
- Experience of working with and managing third-party suppliers.