Web Developer (C# / ASP.NET / MVC / SQL)
CPI Solutions is one of the most established and fastest growing information technology consulting and services firms headquartered in Southern California. With over 55 full-time employees and clients operating in the small, medium and enterprise spaces, CPI is seen as a trusted IT advisor to organizations that want to improve efficiency and profitability through the use of high-value, high-return business technology investments.
CPI is seeking an experienced Web Developer to work as a member of the CPI Application Development practice located in Camarillo, CA. You’ll be involved in web and application design and architecture, application coding and programming, testing, and potentially acting as the technical lead for small and medium sized development projects. At the core you must LOVE development and its ability to improve our clients’ businesses. You will have the opportunity to make a significant and direct impact on the customers whom you serve.
You must be experienced and comfortable working on front-end, middle layer(s), and back-end components of a web site/application. We will be counting on you to take what our customers need, in some cases directly, and implement them in a timely and professional manner. This position involves both support and enhancement of existing systems as well as working on new development projects.
- Write excellent .NET code for the projects you work on in a “No EGO” environment. This means you actually care about the quality of your work and take personal pride in it.
- Be confident and honest with your strengths and weaknesses. We don’t expect you to know it all. Leverage the talent among your teammates and don’t be afraid to ask questions and seek new approaches.
- Be resourceful and initiate your own research when you don’t know something or want to learn a potentially better way to solve a technical issue. You’ll have a development mentor, but there must be a balance between asking questions and learning under your own initiative.
- Work cooperatively with solution architects and project managers to ensure that the system adheres to functional requirements faithfully and is compliant with appropriate coding practices or standards to ensure delivery within project timeframes and budget.
- Communicate project status, design/development decisions, raise issues and identify development risks effectively.
- Honor your commitments made to development milestones. Any experienced developer knows that sometimes “ya gotta do what ya gotta do” to put in the extra hours to meet a committed timeline. It’s the nature of the business and you shouldn’t be comfortable missing deadlines. Under promise and over deliver.
- 3+ years successfully delivering web-based software design and development projects using Microsoft technologies.
- Solid understanding of the .NET framework and C#.
- Proficient in SQL Server: creating appropriate database schema, stored procedures, views, functions, indexes, performance tuning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software design patterns, specifically MVC patterns.
- Knowledge of the software requirements and development lifecycle.
- Strong software testing skills.
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral).
- Apparent love of developing quality, fast, efficient web software.
- Creating and consuming Web Services
- Developing Windows Services
- Mobile Web development
- HTML 5
- Project Management and Documentation Skills
- Microsoft SharePoint 2007/2010/2013
- SQL DBA Experience (backup strategy, administration, security)
- IIS configuration and setup, SSL
CPI offers outstanding compensation packages commensurate with your abilities and experience. Excellent benefits package includes health, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation.