CPP’s staff is comprised of leading Wind Engineering and Air Quality Consultants and our customers include many of the world’s top architects and engineers. We operate three boundary-layer wind tunnels in our laboratory in Fort Collins, located along the front range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, and one wind tunnel in Sydney, Australia.
We are currently searching for a Systems Programmer / Engineer (LabVIEW) for Wind Tunnel Measurement, Automation, Data Reduction. The ideal candidate will have a background in laboratory or factory automation, control engineering or similar fields.
Description of Duties:
Working as part of a small multi-disciplinary team, the incumbent will help plan, develop, document, roll out and maintain measurement, automation and control systems in support of safe, accurate and efficient wind tunnel data acquisition, and subsequent data reduction and presentation.
- Eloquent LabVIEW programming, ideally in a DAQ, control, automation environment
- Fluency in Matlab
- Software testing, documentation (MediaWiki)
- Source code control (svn)
- 2+ years’ experience in a related field
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Data reduction and graphical presentation skills
- UI design
- FOSS tools – Octave,Phython/NumPy, gnuplot, LaTeX
- Visualisation software – Tecplot, Ensight, ParaView