CPS Energy Employee Reviews

Ability to learn and grow with the company
PROGRAMMER/ANALYST (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 26, 2015
There are many internal positions open within the company which gives each individual the ability to learn and grow with the company.
Stability and Security
Strategic Research and Innovation Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio TexasAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Security
Cons: Frequent reorganizations resulting in stress and inefficiencies
CPS Energy has provided the stability and security I have needed in my life. I see this changing, however and am concerned that we will be able to retain and hire people who are in for the long haul.
Great place to work. Enjoy working with employees moving into retirement and the company's retirees
Benefits Analyst IV (Current Employee), Benefits DepartmentAugust 24, 2015
Pros: I work with a great bunch of dedicated, engaged individuals that make my job a pleasure every day.
Cons: Little flexibility in the work hours.
I work with the defined benefit pension plan for CPS Energy along with the company's Group Life Plans. I create pension estimates and assist employees in their retirement planning. I assist employees through the retirement process and I also assist retirees and their families when there are life changing events that may effect their pension or life insurance coverage.
Making a difference to those we serve
Community Field Services Representative (Current Employee), Community Engagement, San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: The negative perception from the community
CPS Energy is a great organization and one in which many challenges arise. However, as an organization we make every attempt to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
productive and fun
Security Guard (Former Employee), down town san antonio txAugust 9, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: over night shift
job was productive and fast passed when out on the road. Again another security job. drove in and around san Antonio checking power sub stations as well as com tower sites for security. Manned computers and cameras in the Security Operations Center when not on the road.
Weather before family?
CSR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: work enviornment
Cons: weather policy
When it comes to priorities, the weather-CPS decides for you what is more important, being home with your family during stormy weather to give your young children the security that only comes from the comfort of their parents arms or whether you pay your bills. Training is intense, however Management feels that you need to be taking calls instead of being with family. Really, the pyramid should always – more... be God first, Family Second, Job Third. I made my choice and have not looked back or regretted it at all. In the end, family knows who is more important. Money is earned anywhere, family is too precious to place a dollar sign in front of it. They have agents who work from home, why do they need to require employees to drive in inclement weather and risk their life, have their families worry for the purpose of taking calls. No thank you. – less
PRODUCTIVE AND SAFETY FIRST - FOCUS ON CUSTOMER SERVICE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: Excellent retirement, educational and advancement benefits.
Cons: Always working, and your personal and professional life depends on the San Antonio weather
Pretty intense Training Program for their CALL CENTER in a short period of time. A fun workplace and everyone is cordial and courteous to one another. There will be no dull moment at the CALL CENTER and your personal life is deeply connected with the weather in the San Antonio metropolitan area. You will be ON CALL and be there for MANDATORY OVERTIMES during your regular schedules and if there is a bad weather forecast, you are expected to be called in to work even if you have the day off. It is what you signed for when you work for CPS Energy, you work for the people of the City of San Antonio 24/7 and 365 days a year! :)
Time
SalesForce Developer/ Administrator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Providing assistance on managing, improving maintenance and protecting wildlife habitats recreational parks, alongside Caltrans ,trail building.

Learning developing skills, strong team work ethic. Leading, helping ,showing. Hands on power tools ,hand tools, strong lifts.

The love for nature, free spirit.
Customer Service
Billing and Research Operations (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: extreme pressure
I worked back office which in itself was awesome. I learned a lot of billing and research as well as about electric safety. The teams work really well together to reach a common goal. Customer satisfaction as well as customer education.

The hardest part of the job was the immense pressure everyone was under to get the tremendous load of work done properly and efficiently. The most enjoyable was the teamwork. Getting to know the teams weakness' and strengths and coming together like a well oiled machine!
realistic actions with viewable results
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee), San ANtonioOctober 6, 2014
results driven environment, with approachable leadership.
Fun Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2014
Enjoyed every moment being employed with CPS Energy but I had to move on.
Company moving along with future expectations.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasAugust 12, 2014
Diverse, and committed to the community. Has excellent leadership and quality board members.
Instrumentation Technician II (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2014
The workplace culture was one of sharing knowledge and passing on skills to keep the plant working at its best. The benefits and healthcare are also a plus
xcvzxcvzcxv
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San AntonioMay 27, 2014
Awesome place to work! Great balance. Room for advancement, be patient.
Fun environment and wonderful work environment
S.A.F.E. Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2014
Summer Interns at CPS Energy learn a lot of great skills from responsibility in the office to overall adult responsibilities out in the real word. I really learned and gained a lot from being a summer intern at CPS Energy I would greatly recommend there Internship program to anyone.
Nice place to work
Associate Gas Engineer #3 (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2014
Very taxing head-quarters location. Need to be in district office setting to complete assigned tasks.
SAP Security/GRC Consultant
SAP GRC & Security analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 8, 2014
Performed Security & GRC admin activities.
- Involved in audit activities.
Good Work place everyone pretty tight family enviroment
Senior Planner (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 1, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: pay rate and yearly raises-bonuses
Start my day with morning chit chat, coffee, see what other co-workers got going for the day.
Management is ok, leave us workers alone, the yknow we have a job to do and they know that some, are responsible, to get it done and to get the day started. So unless there are issues, management doesn't get involved, but for the most part we are left alone.
Hardest part of the job is keeping due dates, it does get done but it is a struggle, all in all not to bad. The most enjoyable is the comrade, that we have with each other (workers) we have a bond that we have, we have worked with each other for more that 13 years, we are really tight and have that level of respect for each other, personal and job knowledge. Awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 13, 2013
Pros: great cafeteria in the building for convenience.
Cons: irate customers.
In the years I was employed at CPS Energy I was happy to go to work. I was an easy job with great people and Management. The only thing hard about this job was when customers became irate at their own situation. We all enjoyed the birthday and Holiday potlucks and parties.
Fun place to work, Company will help you if you want to further your education. But a lot of jealousy and backstabbing.
System Operator Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2013
A typical day at work would be to arrive and update any maps of work that was finished late of the previous evening. Then you would get with system operators and explain the switching orders that you had written for that day. Then during the day, foreman would call and want switching or clearance orders for the next day, that I would have to investigate to see if it could be done, because of the load shifting or if it was physically possible. Then, I would start updating one-lines with the previous days work. Management thought they were an elite group that didn't want to deal with the working people. Most co-workers were friendly, but always a few that were hard to get along with. The thing I enjoyed most was the people that worked in my immediate area, we got along really well.