CPS Energy

CPS Energy Employer Reviews

realistic actions with viewable results
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee), San ANtonioOctober 6, 2014
results driven environment, with approachable leadership.
Fun Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2014
Enjoyed every moment being employed with CPS Energy but I had to move on.
Company moving along with future expectations.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasAugust 12, 2014
Diverse, and committed to the community. Has excellent leadership and quality board members.
Instrumentation Technician II (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2014
The workplace culture was one of sharing knowledge and passing on skills to keep the plant working at its best. The benefits and healthcare are also a plus
xcvzxcvzcxv
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San AntonioMay 27, 2014
Awesome place to work! Great balance. Room for advancement, be patient.
Fun environment and wonderful work environment
S.A.F.E. Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2014
Summer Interns at CPS Energy learn a lot of great skills from responsibility in the office to overall adult responsibilities out in the real word. I really learned and gained a lot from being a summer intern at CPS Energy I would greatly recommend there Internship program to anyone.
Nice place to work
Associate Gas Engineer #3 (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2014
Very taxing head-quarters location. Need to be in district office setting to complete assigned tasks.
SAP Security/GRC Consultant
SAP GRC & Security analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 8, 2014
Performed Security & GRC admin activities.
- Involved in audit activities.
Good Work place everyone pretty tight family enviroment
Senior Planner (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 1, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: pay rate and yearly raises-bonuses
Start my day with morning chit chat, coffee, see what other co-workers got going for the day.
Management is ok, leave us workers alone, the yknow we have a job to do and they know that some, are responsible, to get it done and to get the day started. So unless there are issues, management doesn't get involved, but for the most part we are left alone.
Hardest part of the job is keeping due dates, it does get done but it is a struggle, all in all not to bad. The most enjoyable is the comrade, that we have with each other (workers) we have a bond that we have, we have worked with each other for more that 13 years, we are really tight and have that level of respect for each other, personal and job knowledge. Awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 13, 2013
Pros: great cafeteria in the building for convenience.
Cons: irate customers.
In the years I was employed at CPS Energy I was happy to go to work. I was an easy job with great people and Management. The only thing hard about this job was when customers became irate at their own situation. We all enjoyed the birthday and Holiday potlucks and parties.
Fun place to work, Company will help you if you want to further your education. But a lot of jealousy and backstabbing.
System Operator Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2013
A typical day at work would be to arrive and update any maps of work that was finished late of the previous evening. Then you would get with system operators and explain the switching orders that you had written for that day. Then during the day, foreman would call and want switching or clearance orders for the next day, that I would have to investigate to see if it could be done, because of the load shifting or if it was physically possible. Then, I would start updating one-lines with the previous days work. Management thought they were an elite group that didn't want to deal with the working people. Most co-workers were friendly, but always a few that were hard to get along with. The thing I enjoyed most was the people that worked in my immediate area, we got along really well.
Productive and stress-free environment.
Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 1, 2012
The company is very family oriented and supportive of life challenges. I learned how to work in a team and meet deadlines.
All in all, a good place to work!
System Operator Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: free meals while working storms
Cons: i really don't have any gripes
A good workplace, with exciting things happening all the time. I visit foreman in the field and discuss their jobs and or problems with them and see if I can come up with a solution for making their work as easy and safe as I can, without causing an interruption in electrical service to the customers. Most co-workers are easy to get along. I enjoy the storm situations in operations. It is very demanding but I like the pressure of trying to get the lights back on for our customers. There is something self satisfying to me to be involved in that.
Customer Orientated
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2012
Pros: flexable work schedules.
Cons: some management is more concerned with #'s than employee satisfaction.
CPS Energy is very much Customer Orientated they try very hard to make sure the customer is satisfied, taken care of and overall happy with their service and experience.
Literally "Great Place To Work"
Senior Claims Control Clerk (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2012
Pros: everything, work location, environment, personell, benefits, management
Cons: currently no or little advancement opportunities
Great Place to Work- is an internal slogan for us, and it truely is a great place to work. It is a friendly work environment, many smiling faces every where you go within the company. There's a lot of encouragement, support from management, and even communication with our VPN's and CEO. There's constant emails updating/informing employees of events that involve the company. Also appreciation dinners, acknowledgments of going above and beyond for customers. Typical day- come in say good morning to everyone in my department sign in to computer, respond to emails, voicemails, and any paperwork left on my desk. We answer phone calls from customers, employees, attorneys, and insurance companies. Attend meetings, trainings, and refresher courses (if on the agenda that day). Hardest part of the job is having to inform a customer we don't cover their request, especially when the customer metions their financial status. Management and co-workers are great, we are like family, at times we have ups and downs mostly when there's a catastrophy or unforseen event. But overall, we know eachother, and we add on different qualities that complete our unit. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I have helped out a customer, even if I was unable to provide what they wanted. Instead provided the service they deserved, and that made them satisfied, that's my favorite part of my job.
Productive and somewhat a fun place to work.
an EC III (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2012
Cons: study for ceh while working
Review all genertor status, Load Forecast, CPS marketing position, market clearing price, voltage, and gas flow parameters,schedules, outages,testing of units.
Prepared co-worker for emergency and normal operations.
Hardest to prepair for the unexpected.
favoritism, poor hiring practices, management looks out for #1
Program (Former Employee), saApril 17, 2013
Pros: hard to get fired
Cons: incompetent management
This is a company where its better to spend time networking and getting in with the right people over being talented and doing a good job. They promote incompetence

About CPS Energy

And the award for being the energy distributor for the seventh-largest city in the US goes to City Public Service of San Antonio – Read more

CPS Energy Photos