CPS Security Solutions

CPS Security Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Management= loss of contract
Facility Officer (Former Employee) –  Riverside AreasJune 8, 2016
No annual reviews, bad team environment, no management support ,even supervisors have no real authority to enforce company policies.
Pros
No Drug Testing required
Cons
No Drug Testing
They leave you alone. You could be shot dead and they would never know. Wouldn't care either
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita ca.June 2, 2016
Management-if you can call it that- is thoroughly incompetent. I have been on two sites and we lost both of them on account of managerial incompetence. Schedulers will not answer or return your phone calls.CPS has lost significant market share in the past 10 years. The motion detected NEVER work and guardsabandon the site all the time because supervisors rarely check on them. I work weekends and party on the site (construction) with my friends. It's a hard life.↘↘
Pros
No supervision.
Cons
Healthcare is too expensive. Pay too low. No communication.
security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMarch 12, 2016
Walking a lot on the job.
Wrote reports on the site i walked threw.
management is not to bad there.
I didn't see my co workers we worked alone.
Management don't care
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Makes sense why there's so much turnaround when it comes to workers. Only good thing about this job is if you need experience in security this job might not be so bad for ya. Besides that management sucks and there's lot of favorites among management so prepare to kiss lots of booty.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything else
This company sucks
security guard (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Who do you let someone go for going to the restroom and driving your own car too work ? Do not apply for this company they only want tax credit
Shadiest company I have ever worked for
armed security guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 16, 2015
This company is very sketchy. My paychecks where late half the time. Sometimes up to a month late. Management would ignore my phone calls so after about six months of this I had enough and told them that if my next check was not on time and I did not receive the money they owed me (about $1,300) that I would quit and of course they didn't and I did. I gave them every chance to pay me what they owed me and all I ever got was ignored or lied to. I finally had to go to the labor board and file a suit. Which they ignored as well. They didn't show up to any of the hearings and even though I won, I still haven't seen a dime of what they owe me because of how they hide their assets (they were paying me with cashiers checks!). This company needs to get shut down.
Pros
Cons
no pay
Productive, great for beginners
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2015
A typical day at this job would include securing the premises, written hourly reports. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work independently.
Pros
exploring different work cites
Cons
pay was minimal, no room for advancement
pretty good company to work for would recommend others
Security officer (Current Employee) –  gardena,CAAugust 25, 2015
a good company to work for, not bad.
only downfall is not always having a set schedule. could use a better pay rate.
supervisors friendly and there when you need them.
office visits took linger then usual to talk to someone about the schedule.
Productive and fun workplace
❸ Security guard (Former Employee) –  Bakersfied, CAMay 14, 2015
A typical day at CPS consist of driving in a company vehicle to secure and watch a construction site. Hardest part of the job was dealing with people who didn't cooperate when told they couldn't walk on the site i was securing. Had a good relationship with co workers, and Managment did a great job at helping me.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Waiting for my relief
worst company ever
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 21, 2015
I am a prior employee of less than 1 week and in that time I have encountered a lot of issues.

1. I have contacted supervisors, human resources, VP of human resources and either their mailboxes are full and you are unable to leave a voicemail or they do not respond to voice mails or emails.....if you have a question about post orders or pay you there is no one who seems to know.

2. The scheduler Mainor is extremely rude and unprofessional. I called in cause I was feeling sick and gave them the required 8 hours notification and was yelled at then hung up on. I contacted dispatch who told me they would forward my complaint to their operations department.....I never heard back from anyone.

3. the company owes me 16 hours of pay and after faxing in my hours on 04/02/2015 to Onofre have not heard back from him and he is refusing to respond to my emails. I called HR and left a message.....called the VP of HR and left a message informing him that I would pursue a claim with the labor department unless I heard back from someone.....no one calls back!

4. when I was trained on my post I was informed that I am just to sit and sleep in my car....it is a construction site and no one is around to watch me!

word to the wise.....look for employment or security services elsewhere!!
Pros
no background check!
Cons
no pay..no response from management...rude supervisor and unresponsive human resource department!
A great place to climb the corporate ladder.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
The company was great to work for. I learned to new career in Sales of which I am thankful for. I know about the workings of a Mobile Surveillance Unit of which before I didn't. I can explain the difference between Solar and Standard MSU's where you either use 110 electric power or Solar.
Work Experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  fremont, caApril 13, 2015
This is a great security compant to work for if you just recieved your guard card and need experience. They do not pay competitively like other security comapanies but you gain a lot of experience.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Move to new site every fgew months.
fast pace
Installation Technician I, eCAMSECURE (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 16, 2015
fast pace work environment that had many responsibilities. that cover different sites through out the greater bay area
Pros
work truck, manage own number of job sites, long drives
Cons
upset costumers, long drives
A great opening door to Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CaliforniaFebruary 12, 2015
a typical day would be watching and observing the post which are construction sites. You work alone and have to patrol every hour. You report any suspicious activity of theft or vandalism. You are always doing report writing. The bad thing is your hours and sites can change often due to the completion of a project.
Ok
security guard (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 12, 2015
CPS does nothing they dont give you a fixed schedule you have to email them to get a schedule. i didnt work 3+ weeks straight
Great company to work for.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2015
SOME PEOPLE CANT BE TRUSTED!!!!!!!!! But CORP. is Blind folded.will learn their lesson the hard way i GUESS!!!!!!!.PEOPLE IN TEXAS ARE TOO LAZY!!!!!
Pros
dallas is going fast
Cons
cant trust some admin employess!!!!
consistent work,but you aren't moving up if you aren't family.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  San BernardinoJanuary 25, 2015
I am a current employee for the Rialto branch. I have been there for over 5 years and I have seen people come and go,primarily because management is poor and they accommodate their favorite guards.
I can name names, because I know who is related to who,but I will not, hopefully this review is enough for you to look elsewhere.
I will say the work is consistent if they like you, if they like you,you'll get your 5 days,although less than 40 hours. They have a lot of 7 hour shifts and they prefer to work you under 30 weekly. You cannot get fired from this place unless you do something highly illegal, I've seen guards sleep or just leave hours early and if they find out, they'll give you a useless write up and forget in a day.

Their job description states that if you are seeking growth apply with them, that can't be more untrue, their "HR" guy is a poor excuse for management, clearly something he did not earn but was given to him because he knows someone, subsequently, people who are in supervisor roles are related one way or another. You get harassed often for trivial things as well. I will say the two bright spots are that I have met a lot of good people while working there and they pay on time. I did not have problems with my check in over 5 years. So if you're content moving nowhere and getting paid minimum then so be it, but you will quickly get tired of the routine and low pay.
Pros
consistent work, work with good people.
Cons
incompetent management, low pay, no raises, bad health coverage, no paid time off, no advancement, they don't like to supply equipment, they play favorites..
bad management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxJanuary 25, 2015
They put you on a huge construction site by yourself in the dark, and on your days off they call you and ask you to work because they can't keep people
Pros
a lot of extra time to finish school work
Cons
by yourself with no protection
Perfect job for me
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJanuary 4, 2015
I live 1.5 miles away from work so I am never late. I even sometimes arrive 25 minutes early so that the other guard (a pretty cool guy) can get some early sleep. They pay is good. I get paid $10.00/hr and work 36 hrs a week from Thursday to Monday on graveyard shift. The management is really nice to me and they hired me the same day I applied. I then went to work that same night and enjoyed it. I never turn down a shift unless I need to rest. I get every Tuesday and Wednesday off unless those days are holidays. Yes, I even work holidays and that maybe the only downside for me working here. However, I enjoy the job and plan to stick with these guys for quite sometime.
Pros
good pay, respectful management, easy scheduling
Cons
working holidays
Midnight Security Post
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2014
Did not have any coverage for lunch, No bathroom to use, I worked in a parking lot all alone.
Cons
horrible security company

2.9