CPS Security Solutions Employee Reviews

Cps
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLApril 3, 2017
I have been working there for 4 months. The people in the office are nice. When i needed a day off they gave it to me.they are very attentive to my problem with mycheck and almost fixed it right away.
cool
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAMarch 28, 2017
laid back company ,helping there employee better themselves. coworker working as a team always made it worth it. hardest part of my day would have to be when employee of other company thought they didn't have to follow the rule. but my job was to enforce them.
Pros
ok
Cons
ppl
Pays well and weekly.
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 25, 2017
I love the coordination of this company. It's very simple, easy, and loving. The fact we pick our schedules at what's best for us is great. The hiring process is fast and simple.
Pros
Pays weekly
Cons
Boring, construction sites
Performing patrol duties within assigned areas to guard against theft, shoplifting, vandalism and fir
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CA 90248January 21, 2017
It's a challenging position as a Security Guard utilizing a vigilant eye and extensive experience in security services to ensure the safety of people and property.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 5, 2016
This Company is a well known Security Place. Co-Workers are very nice and very team work ethics. Everyday it is consisting phone calls every day and it is a very Multi-Tasking environment.
Scheduler tries to give you the schedule you want if she is able to.
Guard (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2016
Marisela our scheduler/supervisor is very understanding and tries to work with you on your schedule.

This is a great job for loners as you don't have to deal with people if you work the night shift at the construction sites. I like it.
Pros
Good scheduler
Cons
Low pay
Layback job chill environment
Secuirty Guard (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 19, 2016
Ever since working for this company Ive been cool with supervisors, co workers, schedulers, and etc never had a problem. Even though this job is not for everyone it could have ups and downs just like any other security companies. Even though they could improve their lack of supervision at all sites of guards abandoning their post or showing up late or also not showing up at all, same thing it goes with scheduling supervisors of employees complaining cant get a reach of them. Hopefully all that issue will be fixed!
Pros
Independent work hours
Cons
having to work weekends and holidays
security guard
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 20, 2016
walk around the building makeing sure no one steals anything in the building im watching . takeing pictures of the building , co workers was good love working with them
Management= loss of contract
Facility Officer (Former Employee) –  Riverside AreasJune 8, 2016
No annual reviews, bad team environment, no management support ,even supervisors have no real authority to enforce company policies.
Pros
No Drug Testing required
Cons
No Drug Testing
They leave you alone. You could be shot dead and they would never know. Wouldn't care either
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita ca.June 2, 2016
Management-if you can call it that- is thoroughly incompetent. I have been on two sites and we lost both of them on account of managerial incompetence. Schedulers will not answer or return your phone calls.CPS has lost significant market share in the past 10 years. The motion detected NEVER work and guardsabandon the site all the time because supervisors rarely check on them. I work weekends and party on the site (construction) with my friends. It's a hard life.↘↘
Pros
No supervision.
Cons
Healthcare is too expensive. Pay too low. No communication.
security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMarch 12, 2016
Walking a lot on the job.
Wrote reports on the site i walked threw.
management is not to bad there.
I didn't see my co workers we worked alone.
This company sucks
security guard (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Who do you let someone go for going to the restroom and driving your own car too work ? Do not apply for this company they only want tax credit
Shadiest company I have ever worked for
armed security guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 16, 2015
This company is very sketchy. My paychecks where late half the time. Sometimes up to a month late. Management would ignore my phone calls so after about six months of this I had enough and told them that if my next check was not on time and I did not receive the money they owed me (about $1,300) that I would quit and of course they didn't and I did. I gave them every chance to pay me what they owed me and all I ever got was ignored or lied to. I finally had to go to the labor board and file a suit. Which they ignored as well. They didn't show up to any of the hearings and even though I won, I still haven't seen a dime of what they owe me because of how they hide their assets (they were paying me with cashiers checks!). This company needs to get shut down.
Pros
Cons
no pay
Ok
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 4, 2015
The job is easy all you do is observe and report, watch for trespassers and make sure no damage gets done to the property. the job is not for everyone some may like it and some may not like it. the company was ok the co-workers were great people to talk to they are very honest and respectful and are willing to give you advice.
Pros
the customers and employees are respectful
Cons
low pay and no promotion to a higher level
Productive, great for beginners
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2015
A typical day at this job would include securing the premises, written hourly reports. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work independently.
Pros
exploring different work cites
Cons
pay was minimal, no room for advancement
pretty good company to work for would recommend others
Security officer (Current Employee) –  gardena,CAAugust 25, 2015
a good company to work for, not bad.
only downfall is not always having a set schedule. could use a better pay rate.
supervisors friendly and there when you need them.
office visits took linger then usual to talk to someone about the schedule.
Productive and fun workplace
❸ Security guard (Former Employee) –  Bakersfied, CAMay 14, 2015
A typical day at CPS consist of driving in a company vehicle to secure and watch a construction site. Hardest part of the job was dealing with people who didn't cooperate when told they couldn't walk on the site i was securing. Had a good relationship with co workers, and Managment did a great job at helping me.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Waiting for my relief
worst company ever
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 21, 2015
I am a prior employee of less than 1 week and in that time I have encountered a lot of issues.

1. I have contacted supervisors, human resources, VP of human resources and either their mailboxes are full and you are unable to leave a voicemail or they do not respond to voice mails or emails.....if you have a question about post orders or pay you there is no one who seems to know.

2. The scheduler Mainor is extremely rude and unprofessional. I called in cause I was feeling sick and gave them the required 8 hours notification and was yelled at then hung up on. I contacted dispatch who told me they would forward my complaint to their operations department.....I never heard back from anyone.

3. the company owes me 16 hours of pay and after faxing in my hours on 04/02/2015 to Onofre have not heard back from him and he is refusing to respond to my emails. I called HR and left a message.....called the VP of HR and left a message informing him that I would pursue a claim with the labor department unless I heard back from someone.....no one calls back!

4. when I was trained on my post I was informed that I am just to sit and sleep in my car....it is a construction site and no one is around to watch me!

word to the wise.....look for employment or security services elsewhere!!
Pros
no background check!
Cons
no pay..no response from management...rude supervisor and unresponsive human resource department!
A great place to climb the corporate ladder.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
The company was great to work for. I learned to new career in Sales of which I am thankful for. I know about the workings of a Mobile Surveillance Unit of which before I didn't. I can explain the difference between Solar and Standard MSU's where you either use 110 electric power or Solar.
Work Experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  fremont, caApril 13, 2015
This is a great security compant to work for if you just recieved your guard card and need experience. They do not pay competitively like other security comapanies but you gain a lot of experience.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Move to new site every fgew months.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CPS Security Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8