CPS Security Solutions

CPS Security Solutions United States Employee Reviews

A great place to climb the corporate ladder.
Account Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
The company was great to work for. I learned to new career in Sales of which I am thankful for. I know about the workings of a Mobile Surveillance Unit of which before I didn't. I can explain the difference between Solar and Standard MSU's where you either use 110 electric power or Solar.
Work Experience
Security Officer (Former Employee), fremont, caApril 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: Move to new site every fgew months.
This is a great security compant to work for if you just recieved your guard card and need experience. They do not pay competitively like other security comapanies but you gain a lot of experience.
fast pace
Installation Technician I, eCAMSECURE (Former Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: work truck, manage own number of job sites, long drives
Cons: upset costumers, long drives
fast pace work environment that had many responsibilities. that cover different sites through out the greater bay area
A great opening door to Security
Security Officer (Current Employee), Fremont, CaliforniaFebruary 12, 2015
a typical day would be watching and observing the post which are construction sites. You work alone and have to patrol every hour. You report any suspicious activity of theft or vandalism. You are always doing report writing. The bad thing is your hours and sites can change often due to the completion of a project.
OK
security guard (Former Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 12, 2015
CPS does nothing they dont give you a fixed schedule you have to email them to get a schedule. i didnt work 3+ weeks straight
Great company to work for.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: dallas is going fast
Cons: cant trust some admin employess!!!!
SOME PEOPLE CANT BE TRUSTED!!!!!!!!! But CORP. is Blind folded.will learn their lesson the hard way i GUESS!!!!!!!.PEOPLE IN TEXAS ARE TOO LAZY!!!!!
consistent work,but you aren't moving up if you aren't family.
Security Guard (Current Employee), San BernardinoJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: consistent work, work with good people.
Cons: incompetent management, low pay, no raises, bad health coverage, no paid time off, no advancement, they don't like to supply equipment, they play favorites..
I am a current employee for the Rialto branch. I have been there for over 5 years and I have seen people come and go,primarily because management is poor and they accommodate their favorite guards.
I can name names, because I know who is related to who,but I will not, hopefully this review is enough for you to look elsewhere.
I will say the work is consistent if they like you, if they like you,you'll get your 5 days,although less than 40 hours. They have a lot of 7 hour shifts and they prefer to work you under 30 weekly. You cannot get fired from this place unless you do something highly illegal, I've seen guards sleep or just leave hours early and if they find out, they'll give you a useless write up and forget in a day.

Their job description states that if you are seeking growth apply with them, that can't be more untrue, their "HR" guy is a poor excuse for management, clearly something he did not earn but was given to him because he knows someone, subsequently, people who are in supervisor roles are related one way or another. You get harassed often for trivial things as well. I will say the two bright spots are that I have met a lot of good people while working there and they pay on time. I did not have problems with my check in over 5 years. So if you're content moving nowhere and getting paid minimum then so be it, but you will quickly get tired of the routine and low pay.
bad management
Security Officer (Former Employee), Austin, TxJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: a lot of extra time to finish school work
Cons: by yourself with no protection
They put you on a huge construction site by yourself in the dark, and on your days off they call you and ask you to work because they can't keep people
Perfect job for me
Security Officer (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: good pay, respectful management, easy scheduling
Cons: working holidays
I live 1.5 miles away from work so I am never late. I even sometimes arrive 25 minutes early so that the other guard (a pretty cool guy) can get some early sleep. They pay is good. I get paid $10.00/hr and work 36 hrs a week from Thursday to Monday on graveyard shift. The management is really nice to me and they hired me the same day I applied. I then went to work that same night and enjoyed it. I never turn down a shift unless I need to rest. I get every Tuesday and Wednesday off unless those days are holidays. Yes, I even work holidays and that maybe the only downside for me working here. However, I enjoy the job and plan to stick with these guys for quite sometime.
Midnight Security Post
Security Guard (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2014
Cons: horrible security company
Did not have any coverage for lunch, No bathroom to use, I worked in a parking lot all alone.
Productive Day At Work.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Gardena, CAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: lunch room, sanitary bathrooms, air condition inside booth
Cons: health care, low pay
A typical day at work is when i get here its usually very busy, i am opening and closing a gate constantly for all the workers coming in and out. I check all workers badges. About 4 hours into my shift i take my lunch break go to break room heat up lunch return to the booth with lunch and eat inside the booth while continue to open and close the gate.
DO NOT waste your time & energy applying with this company.
Security Officer (Former Employee), construction siteJuly 28, 2014
Cons: unprofessional, uncaring mngmt. employees & supervisors.
Do NOT buy into their B.S. You will work with lazy, stupid guards and OBESE, lazy, clueless supervisors and management that just makes up the rules as they go along. If you are a diligent, pro-active security officer you will NOT last with this 3 stooges company !

August 22, 2014

In Las Vegas and Henderson. Don't go there with these guys. So rude, abusive & unprofessional.

productive
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJuly 23, 2014
the company is a good company anyone would be happy with their company
don't let this comany waste your time or money
security officer (Former Employee), gardenaJuly 7, 2014
Don't work for this company don't hire this company they are one of the crappiest security companies I've came across. There communication skills are the poorest I've have ever seen with any company, they don't care about their employees they will set you up for failure and punish you when you do fail. They will send you to send you to posts that they don't even know how to get to get to, they give you very little about info about the post. They give you a bunch of procedures that you cannot comply with because they have not set it up for you to comply with and if you don't have a car your SOL expect long cold nights siting outside in the cold not doing anything, If you can even find the post. and if your any other race other than Hispanic don't expect to ever make it any further than Patrol. This company is ran by Hispanics for Hispanics, in my opinion the only way to be successful with this company is to be Hispanic everyone from the branch manager to the guy who takes out the trash is Hispanic don't bother with this company with the quality of their service I'm surprised they have made it this far and I can see why they are barely the 5th best security company in the state supposedly
Bad Working Conditions
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJuly 3, 2014
I did not enjoy the conditions of working with this company. The site I worked at was really unorganized and they did not pay much.
good work inviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: frequent breaks
Cons: being away from my kids
the hardest part was being in my car overnight alone in the middle of nowhere
Laid back job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Del Rio, TXFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: cell phones allowed, no uncomfortable uniform
I thoroughly enjoyed this job. I worked 3 days a week but managed to get 35 hrs. Basically it was arrive, walk the perimeter and relax. It was important to keep aware of my surroundings but easy because I had a view of the entire site right in front of me. One of the best parts about this job was the fact that I didn't have a supervisor breathing down my neck. I didn't have any co-workers to worry about since there was only one of us posted at a time.
DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE
Security (Former Employee), Gardena, CADecember 16, 2013
I WAS DOING A TOY CONVENTION FOR MATTEL SO I GOT A CHANCE TO MEET SOME GOOD PEOPLE DURING THAT EVENT.
construction site, market, car dealership areas
Security Officer, (Current Employee), Agoura hills, CADecember 5, 2013
• Patrol and inspect property to protect against fire, theft, vandalism, terrorism, and illegal activity.
• Protect employers investment, enforce laws on the property, and deter criminal activity and other problems.
• Use radio and telephone communications to call for assistance from police, fire, or emergency medical services as the situation dictates.
• Write comprehensive reports outlining their observations and activities during their assigned shift.
• Assigned to static security positions usually stay at one location for a specified length of time and become closely acquainted with the property and people associated with their station and often monitor alarms and closed-circuit TV cameras.
Okay place to start
Security Officer (Current Employee), FloridaSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: plenty of hours, friendly people
Cons: pay is low, use our own cars, not compensated for gas usage
CPS Security Solutions is great if you're just starting out. Depending on where you live you may or may not be using more money in gas than you're earning. Dispatch is unreliable and paychecks get messed up too frequent.

About CPS Security Solutions

At CPS Security Solutions®, our success is based on a top management team with experience in Internet technology, security – Read more

CPS Security Solutions Salaries