CPS Security Solutions

CPS Security Solutions Employer Reviews

consistent work,but you aren't moving up if you aren't family.
Security Guard (Current Employee), San BernardinoJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: consistent work, work with good people.
Cons: incompetent management, low pay, no raises, bad health coverage, no paid time off, no advancement, they don't like to supply equipment, they play favorites..
I am a current employee for the Rialto branch. I have been there for over 5 years and I have seen people come and go,primarily because management is poor and they accommodate their favorite guards.
I can name names, because I know who is related to who,but I will not, hopefully this review is enough for you to look elsewhere.
I will say the work is consistent if they like you, if they like you,you'll get your 5 days,although less than 40 hours. They have a lot of 7 hour shifts and they prefer to work you under 30 weekly. You cannot get fired from this place unless you do something highly illegal, I've seen guards sleep or just leave hours early and if they find out, they'll give you a useless write up and forget in a day.

Their job description states that if you are seeking growth apply with them, that can't be more untrue, their "HR" guy is a poor excuse for management, clearly something he did not earn but was given to him because he knows someone, subsequently, people who are in supervisor roles are related one way or another. You get harassed often for trivial things as well. I will say the two bright spots are that I have met a lot of good people while working there and they pay on time. I did not have problems with my check in over 5 years. So if you're content moving nowhere and getting paid minimum then so be it, but you will quickly get tired of the routine and low pay.
bad management
Security Officer (Former Employee), Austin, TxJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: a lot of extra time to finish school work
Cons: by yourself with no protection
They put you on a huge construction site by yourself in the dark, and on your days off they call you and ask you to work because they can't keep people
Perfect job for me
Security Officer (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: good pay, respectful management, easy scheduling
Cons: working holidays
I live 1.5 miles away from work so I am never late. I even sometimes arrive 25 minutes early so that the other guard (a pretty cool guy) can get some early sleep. They pay is good. I get paid $10.00/hr and work 36 hrs a week from Thursday to Monday on graveyard shift. The management is really nice to me and they hired me the same day I applied. I then went to work that same night and enjoyed it. I never turn down a shift unless I need to rest. I get every Tuesday and Wednesday off unless those days are holidays. Yes, I even work holidays and that maybe the only downside for me working here. However, I enjoy the job and plan to stick with these guys for quite sometime.
Midnight Security Post
Security Guard (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2014
Cons: horrible security company
Did not have any coverage for lunch, No bathroom to use, I worked in a parking lot all alone.
Productive Day At Work.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Gardena, CAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: lunch room, sanitary bathrooms, air condition inside booth
Cons: health care, low pay
A typical day at work is when i get here its usually very busy, i am opening and closing a gate constantly for all the workers coming in and out. I check all workers badges. About 4 hours into my shift i take my lunch break go to break room heat up lunch return to the booth with lunch and eat inside the booth while continue to open and close the gate.
DO NOT waste your time & energy applying with this company.
Security Officer (Former Employee), construction siteJuly 28, 2014
Cons: unprofessional, uncaring mngmt. employees & supervisors.
Do NOT buy into their B.S. You will work with lazy, stupid guards and OBESE, lazy, clueless supervisors and management that just makes up the rules as they go along. If you are a diligent, pro-active security officer you will NOT last with this 3 stooges company !

August 22, 2014

In Las Vegas and Henderson. Don't go there with these guys. So rude, abusive & unprofessional.

productive
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJuly 23, 2014
the company is a good company anyone would be happy with their company
don't let this comany waste your time or money
security officer (Former Employee), gardenaJuly 7, 2014
Don't work for this company don't hire this company they are one of the crappiest security companies I've came across. There communication skills are the poorest I've have ever seen with any company, they don't care about their employees they will set you up for failure and punish you when you do fail. They will send you to send you to posts that they don't even know how to get to get to, they give you very little about info about the post. They give you a bunch of procedures that you cannot comply with because they have not set it up for you to comply with and if you don't have a car your SOL expect long cold nights siting outside in the cold not doing anything, If you can even find the post. and if your any other race other than Hispanic don't expect to ever make it any further than Patrol. This company is ran by Hispanics for Hispanics, in my opinion the only way to be successful with this company is to be Hispanic everyone from the branch manager to the guy who takes out the trash is Hispanic don't bother with this company with the quality of their service I'm surprised they have made it this far and I can see why they are barely the 5th best security company in the state supposedly
Bad Working Conditions
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJuly 3, 2014
I did not enjoy the conditions of working with this company. The site I worked at was really unorganized and they did not pay much.
good work inviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: frequent breaks
Cons: being away from my kids
the hardest part was being in my car overnight alone in the middle of nowhere
Laid back job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Del Rio, TXFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: cell phones allowed, no uncomfortable uniform
I thoroughly enjoyed this job. I worked 3 days a week but managed to get 35 hrs. Basically it was arrive, walk the perimeter and relax. It was important to keep aware of my surroundings but easy because I had a view of the entire site right in front of me. One of the best parts about this job was the fact that I didn't have a supervisor breathing down my neck. I didn't have any co-workers to worry about since there was only one of us posted at a time.
DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE
Security (Former Employee), Gardena, CADecember 16, 2013
I WAS DOING A TOY CONVENTION FOR MATTEL SO I GOT A CHANCE TO MEET SOME GOOD PEOPLE DURING THAT EVENT.
construction site, market, car dealership areas
Security Officer, (Current Employee), Agoura hills, CADecember 5, 2013
• Patrol and inspect property to protect against fire, theft, vandalism, terrorism, and illegal activity.
• Protect employers investment, enforce laws on the property, and deter criminal activity and other problems.
• Use radio and telephone communications to call for assistance from police, fire, or emergency medical services as the situation dictates.
• Write comprehensive reports outlining their observations and activities during their assigned shift.
• Assigned to static security positions usually stay at one location for a specified length of time and become closely acquainted with the property and people associated with their station and often monitor alarms and closed-circuit TV cameras.
Okay place to start
Security Officer (Current Employee), FloridaSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: plenty of hours, friendly people
Cons: pay is low, use our own cars, not compensated for gas usage
CPS Security Solutions is great if you're just starting out. Depending on where you live you may or may not be using more money in gas than you're earning. Dispatch is unreliable and paychecks get messed up too frequent.
A work place with lots of challenges and opportunites.
CONTROLLER (Former Employee), Gardena, CAAugust 26, 2013
The challenges happen every day and ways to fix them. There is always something to do and decisions. Great learning environment.
Good hours and okay pay, but hard to communicate with head Spv.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Mira Loma, CAAugust 25, 2013
Pros: hours with over time
Cons: mid-night clock out and min wage pay
They will give you hours if you need them, but your pay will stay the same and it will be hard to communicate with some supervisors.
productive and professional
Security Guard (Current Employee), Fontana, CAJune 25, 2013
The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the night hours. I soon enjoyed the hours. My co-workers were friendly yet professional.
A typical day there I am Patrolling the area maintaining that it is secure and safe.

July 6, 2013

To many unfair labor practices made by management and if you say something about ,manager fire you.

Observe construction sites
Security Officer (Former Employee), Gardena, CAMay 14, 2013
Pros: lunch and breaks on time
Walk on construction sites observe the perimeter that noone goes inside and steels .

June 24, 2013

My partner speak only Spanish.He don't try learn English,so I have no choice but learn Spanish or ask for transfer to other post.After asking for transfer ,manager fire me for "not doing my job". Now i work for real good company .

Most unhappy place to work.
Sec.offiser (Former Employee), GardenaFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: teach u a lesson about bottom feeder company
Cons: most mismanaged company in ca.
This company is most ugly managed place in California. Earn Highest turnower place,hire anyone who agry be like slave.To many guards in CPS cant speak english and witout guard card.I saw trailer guard with no legal US docs!Supervisors take care the own friends with company car(if you flex officer and have to go cower post 50 miles away)/U have drive ur own car and they lie about pay milege.They stealing ur hours and overtimes.If U get over 40 hours overtime in 1 pay period(2 weeks)they fire U(will say someone saw U sleep on post)and not gonna pay U all OTs.So many ppls get hired by this crooks,they replace U in minutes.F saw 5 ppls get fired in one day for not reason at all..They dont wanna pay OTs..Just use U and dump later like trash after u work ur days-off covering sick guards!If u make to many overtimes-its ur fault...U Fired!.Stay away from this chip company if U have self respect!

March 20, 2013

Absolutely true! I was working in this company 7 days a week and no preciation.I was so tired and ask for day-off .Lazy manager did not send guard for training(i was asking for trainee long time before) and client got mad cose other guard came with no training.Company fire me for that saying i was sleeping on post!What a sick management!

June 27, 2013

You need company's patrol car to go to cover post 40-50 and sometime 70 miles away from your home.When supervisor call you,he promise give you patrol car but when you get to the office(Gardena),you see 5-6 patrol cars and key's box is empty.You call dispatch and supervisor don't know where is car key's????And you drive your own car and pay for gas!Manager say he will pay gas money back.I spend $250 a week(receipts and mileage track keep for evidence) but got back only $80.CPS always try to rip off poor security guards!I left cps and very happy today.

Was a way for a kid to make some okay money with all the overtime you can work.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Fontana, CAAugust 19, 2012
Pros: all the overtime you could work. schedule was great and pay was fair at the time.
Cons: no room for advancement.
I was a guard for land development sites overnight. I was able to work a side job during the day which allowed me to better take care of myself.

November 3, 2012

I was a post commander for the Gardena Branch I do not recommend this company to anyone seek employment else where this company runs you into the guttuer they lie to unemployment and are shady I work now for a reputable company thankfully they saw through the B/S CPS kept me employed without paying me so I would not collect unemployment benefits dont sign the arbitration agreement.

February 4, 2013

To many guards speak only spanish.I ask Field Supervisor how we gonna commucate with them?He say :I dont know spanish ider so just ignore them!This is not normal company..

May 9, 2013

So far I have see a turn around a good one with the company the new manager seesm very professional

June 24, 2013

Check your Pay-stab regularly.Some hours are missing in every pay period.Be aware of pay-rates on different accounts and positions.I had unarm. position for $10/h and got transferred in new armed post and payed $11/h but supervisor told me i should get $13/h.I ask manager about that and he change my post back same day!LOL.

About CPS Security Solutions

At CPS Security Solutions®, our success is based on a top management team with experience in Internet technology, security – Read more