Crawford is a leading Electrical Distributor in Texas and now has expanded to Southeast Louisiana. We serve Commercial, Residential and Industrial contractors. Our goal is simple: Be the #1 Electrical Distributor by doing “Whatever It Takes” to service our customers.
Crawford Electric Supply, also known as CESCO, joined Sonepar USA in January 2007. Founded in 1986, Crawford has grown dramatically over the years. The company currently ranks 27 th among the largest electrical and lighting distributors in the U.S. for 2006, by Electrical Wholesale Magazine. Crawford is headquartered in Dallas, Texas with branches in Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio, College Station, Austin, Texas and recently New Orleans, Louisiana.
Reports to Warehouse Manager / Supervisor / Lead
Works in the warehouse performing various warehouse related activities as described in the “Summary of Essential Job Functions”.
- Long and varied hours required occasionally
- Ability to work mandatory physical inventory
- Ability to work in extreme hot or cold environment
- Ability to work in dusty conditions
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Verify and package product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling).
- Stage product for loading
- Load product onto truck
- Unload materials from truck
- Move materials to warehouse for storage
- Move waste to dumpsters
- Responsible for quality control. No damaged product is sent out. No damaged material is accepted in
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and OSHA safety standards
- Operate Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT). Stand up, reach truck, order picker and sit down propane fork lift
- Complete daily logs for PIT
- Clean and maintain work areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Fork Lift experience REQUIRED
- Six months or more related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- PIT proficiency, reach truck, order picker, “sit down” propane. Current certification a plus
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and handling small parts
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
NOTE: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed by the incumbent in this position, and nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job description at anytime.
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.
Crawford is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V