Crawford is a leading Electrical Distributor in Texas and now has expanded to Southeast Louisiana. We serve Commercial, Residential and Industrial contractors. Our goal is simple: Be the #1 Electrical Distributor by doing “Whatever It Takes” to service our customers.
Crawford Electric Supply, also known as CESCO, joined Sonepar USA in January 2007. Founded in 1986, Crawford has grown dramatically over the years. The company currently ranks 27 th among the largest electrical and lighting distributors in the U.S. for 2006, by Electrical Wholesale Magazine. Crawford is headquartered in Dallas, Texas with branches in Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio, College Station, Austin, Texas and recently New Orleans, Louisiana.
Reports to Operations Manager
This position is responsible for accurately performing warehouse audits, cycle counts and solving inventory issues through performing timely warehouse random and planned counts. This position is responsible for maintaining an inventory accuracy percentage that is acceptable according to Crawford Management best practices and inventory team standards. The Inventory Control Manager will perform quality assurance audits and timely and accurate inspections of all products.
ESSESNTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Count inventory throughout the warehouse daily to achieve the desired number of daily, weekly, monthly and yearly SKU counts and inventory accuracy.
- Training, cycle counting, communication and daily reports to other processes and management. Provide statistical and analytical data to management staff.
- Research product issues such as item too large for location, wrong item already in location at time of put away, etc. Provide quick problem resolution to allow proper inventory flow through all warehouse process.
- Profiling and slotting of Inventories on a continuous basis to maintain our high volume inventories within our high volume picking zones.
- Responsible for training and thoroughness of the services provided by the Inventory Control Desk.
- Responsible for the Quality Audits of the receiving and Put-away processes.
- Responsible for Customer RGA process to ensure proper inventory accuracy is being achieved
- Responsible for the Scrap wire processes and monitors compliance
- Assist in management of dead/obsolete inventory
- Responsible for the synchronization of our legacy systems and ECLIPSE, to include reporting, balance, interface and book to shelf inventory
- Interface with our Corporate Costing/Pricing Department on the set up and maintenance of inventories to include data analysis, item set up, and SKU data integrity
- Interface with our Corporate Procurement Department on inventory levels and product utilization
- Monitor products entering the Quality Assurance area through visual inspections and the use of reports. Ensure products enter and exit the area in a timely manner while ensuring a high level of accuracy
- Run discrepancy report daily. Visually verify entries appearing on the report and make adjustments to correct discrepancy
- Maintain housekeeping standards set by the RLMs. Perform routine housekeeping audits and inspections of areas within area of responsibility
- Monitor daily work volume. Communicate with other processes to ensure total manpower needs are met. Training and development of hourly associates. Provide daily feedback to associates on performance.
- Compile and prepare housekeeping, quality, productivity, and service reports
- File documents, distribute reports, answer phones, etc.
- Daily communication of memos, correspondences, etc. to all associates within area of responsibility
- Maintain proper headcount within area of responsibility based on line volume. Provide required training to associates to support their success and the success of the company. Monitor achievements to identify and recognize associates’ achievements
- Achieve related goals within area of responsibility to ensure customer service while maintaining awareness of all sub processes that are needed to support warehouse operations.
Manages associates within the Inventory control departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
1. A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Minimum of 5 years of inventory Management experience in a distribution environment REQUIRED
3. Minimum of 5 years of cycle counting and RF cycle counting REQUIRED.
4. Minimum of 5+ years’ electrical distribution industry experience Preferred.
5. Must be a expert in excel with spreadsheets and graphs and understand metrics reporting.
6. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence and procedure manuals.
7. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and to the general public.
8. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
9. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
10. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
11. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions, outdoor weather conditions, and extreme heat and/or cold. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, working in high, precarious places, exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Power equipment such as forklifts, electric pallet jacks and order pickers will be used on every shift. This equipment generates noise as part of the daily operation.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent in this position, and nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job description at anytime.
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.
Crawford is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V