POSITION SCOPE: The Collections Manager is an integral part of the collection process. This leadership position provides direction, motivation and supervision for a group of collectors and oversees the daily operation of the collection office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES: Develop and implement strategies to reduce risk while ensuring compliance with applicable federal regulations, contractual obligations, and policies and procedures within all areas. Establish goals and objectives, and provide direction and problem solving within the team.
· Responsible for adhering to productivity, quality and cost standards
· Responsible for creating a positive work environment which maximizes individual and team performance
· Establish collection goals monthly, quarterly and annually in conjunction with management
· Monitor the key performance drivers of your collections performance business and take corrective action when required
· Provide analytical reporting on client reporting to assist with workflow and performance
· Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local laws
· Daily monitoring of delinquency, providing guidance to the collections staff on difficult accounts
· Review collection efforts to ensure use of proper and timely collection techniques including demands for payment, including use of phone, letters, filing appropriate legal action.
· Responsible for direct management of collection office staff, including but not limited to:
o Decisions on selection and hiring
o Assessment of individual and team performance goals and objectives and performance management
o Provide guidance to supervisory staff related to employee relations and disciplinary actions
o Communicate progress and encourage achievement via monthly team operational reviews
o Communication of department results and all other important information to supervisors and staff including corporate initiatives and changes to department and corporate policies and procedures
· Collaboration within the organization to identify areas of improvement and focuses resources to improve the overall performance.
· Maintain performance records on all collectors including compliance, collection activity, and goal tracking
· Create and execute incentive options to motivate the collections floor
· Participate in the discussion and prepare and present performance reports for review. Identify areas of concern, trends and make recommendations for collection and employment actions.
· Participates in disciplinary issues up to and including termination of staff when necessary
· Business Knowledge: Understand company’s business and current key initiatives, demonstrates a connection with the collection industry. Working knowledge of collections, servicing, and bankruptcy procedures.
· Negotiation Skills: Demonstrates effective negotiation techniques with customers. Responds appropriately to pushback, and stands ground when necessary.
· Conflict Resolution: Deals constructively with conflict and responds professionally; focuses on the situation/issue.
· Teamwork: Works well collaboratively within own group and cross functionally to achieve goals. Can be counted on to fulfill own responsibilities as a leader and is willing to help in other areas when necessary. Leadership: Leads by example in a professional and respectful manner. Involves staff in decisions, delegates appropriately and challenges staff. Communicates regularly with staff through meetings and informal discussions, empowers staff to succeed, and creates positive work environment.
· Ability to plan, prioritize and organize workloads
· Self-motivated with strong communication skills; excellent decision making skills; ability to learn quickly.
· Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & Outlook), Artiva collection systems.
· High degree of analytical skills; recognizes and responds appropriately to problems and challenges. Arrives at sound solutions through analysis and weighing of relevant facts. Uses good judgment in difficult situations. Understands and considers short and long term impact of decisions.
· Ability to effectively coach, mentor and direct others
· Proven ability to work effectively within all organizational levels and departments to achieve desired results
· Solid knowledge of all stages of collections.
· Strong working knowledge of State and Federal regulations governing collection practices
· Proven ability to manage customer and internal relationships and make decisions that balance the customer needs with the company needs.
· Demonstrated leadership capabilities required; Supervisory experience required
· Ability to travel as necessary to support the corporate operational requirements
· Minimum 5-7 years experience working with Dept of Ed Student Loan collections. Supervisory and/or previous manager experience. Proven track record of success
· Bachelor’s degree in a business or related field or equivalent work experience
· Credit Adjustments, Inc. offers a competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), life insurance, paid holidays and vacation.