CSC Employee Reviews

Fun, open, and collaborative, even after 10 years!
Software Architect (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 15, 2017
Few places I have worked have provided me with as much opportunity for growth. I have traveled the world and attended many valuable conferences and training. Management is approachable and friendly. The people of CSC are very valued. As a technologist, I have never felt that I could not recommend best in class solutions and in most cases, have been able to implement them. If you have the opportunity to work at CSC, you will be happy you chose us.
Pros
Excellent working environment - new building, for instance. Work life balance. Great management team. Open to new technologies.
Cons
No free coffee
Accommodating, fun, relaxed environment
Processor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 6, 2017
One of the most rewarding jobs I've ever had. The management is friendly, motivating, accommodating, and overall extremely supportive. I love that I'm not micromanaged but trusted to get my work done.
Pros
friendly management, accommodating, understanding, face paced
Cons
non competitive pay
July 24, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback! I appreciate you calling out that you feel like you are trusted to get your work done. We want to empower our employees to get the job done while providing exceptional service to our customers so it's great to hear and see this in action!

Great Benefits and Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 14, 2017
Great place to work and learn. Positive energy, Great benefits and onboarding. Training was excellent and managers were all supportive and available. Stay with them.
July 24, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's great to hear from former employees who enjoyed their time with CSC.

Poor management, no advancement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 10, 2017
Workplace survey is not anonymous. The culture is fake and pollyanna-ish until you make any suggestions about change. You will be labeled a trouble maker.

The best people tend to be acquired (by company purchase) instead of hired. Managers don't understand the jobs of those they manage, so new hires are a poor fit. Management overall is out of touch. They are happy to listen to praise, defensive about the softest criticism.

Benefits are comparable to similar positions but you will be told they are more than competitive. They aren't in my group of friends.

Overall there is zero accountability, and very little pride in the work. The focus is on pushing out as much as possible without regard for quality.
Pros
good benefits package
Cons
poor management, lateral movement only
Wonderful!
Incorporation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 7, 2017
I love this company and would do anything to stay here. However, the commute is killing my gas tank, and time with my children. Unfortunately I have to find something closer to home. Wish CSC was in Dover!
Productive, quick paced environment
System Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 30, 2017
CSC is a great company to work for. they are fair and understanding with their employees. The managers are amazing and the work is quick paced and always changings which keeps you on your toes.
Pros
Fun People
Cons
insurance coverage isn't very good.
Most miserable year of my life
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Not ApplicableMay 2, 2017
Depending on who your manager is, will your experience be a good one. Treatment is not equal. The training is very poor and there is no accountability. If they personally do not like you they will find a reason to get rid of you no questions asked. Will not accommodate work/family balance or medical issues. Do not try to follow their values as you will get reprimanded. HR is only helpful if everything is good. They do have some nice perks like pto time for long term employees, 401k and success sharing.
Pros
401k and success sharing
Cons
management, life accommodating
May 8, 2017

This is an unfortunate characterization of life at CSC. We pride ourselves in our strong culture and work-life balance and are rated favorably in these categories both on sites like Indeed and Glassdoor and in workplace surveys. These are two main contributors in us being named a Top Workplace in Delaware for 10 years running.

Mellow and friendly atmosphere
Web Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 24, 2017
The beauty of working at CSC is that you can leave for the day and your work doesn't follow you. The atmosphere is relatively mellow with an emphasis on culture. I like the people I work with for the most part. Most of my managers are supportive and knowledgeable.
May 8, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. Work-life balance is important to us and we take great pride in our strong culture.

Not great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 14, 2017
I worked there for 2 years and while my co-workers were great the work was mind-numbing and the ability for advancement is only there if you are favored by upper management and HR. Very corporate structured with minimal flexibility for regular life, like working from home because of snow or ability to make up hours for doctor appointments.
April 18, 2017

We are sorry this is your perception of CSC. We pride ourselves in our strong culture and work-life balance and are rated favorably in these categories both on sites like Indeed and Glassdoor and in workplace surveys. These are two main contributors in us being named a Top Workplace in Delaware for 10 years running.

Nice place to work.
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 23, 2017
It is a nice place to work. Good benefits and friendly people. The company genuinely cares abut their employees and tries to break the monotony of being in an office environment.
April 18, 2017

Thanks for the feedback! We are glad you are enjoying your experience with CSC.

Great Growth Opportunity
Fulfillment Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 22, 2017
CSC is a great place for recent college graduates to get a start in the corporate world. This company allows you to explore your interests in business by allowing for easy changes in positions.
May 8, 2017

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We are happy to hear that you've been able to explore your interests and develop your career with CSC.

Fast paste jobe that changes alot day-to- day
Service Liasion (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee FLMarch 22, 2017
Nice workplace. Employees must be willing to comply with change. Fast paste but work days go by fast. Great benefits and overall a great environment. Great place to wotk
Pros
set schedule
Cons
High volume workload
Decent company, no opportunity for advancement, horrible pay
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 16, 2017
CSC allowed me a flexible schedule but pay was way below market standards. The only moves available are lateral. There is no opportunity for advancement. HR boasts their "Ignite" program to progress in the company but it was designed to placate employees concerns over no career development, does not actually provide any benefit.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Pay, obsolete technology
work work work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 11, 2017
CSC is a fast paced, always busy company that never stops. There seems to be a very high turn over rate of people constantly coming and going with the company.
Pros
consistant schedules
Cons
large amount of needed knowledge without compensation
Great Workplace, Not Great Pay
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 20, 2017
The work environment is great and you will experience good work/life balance and a flexible schedule. You will find may opportunities for lateral moves but limited opportunity for promotions. There is a very small pay increase for a promotion, instead you are placed into a new "salary range". Training is variable by department and can range from very structured to only on the job training. Direct management seems to care about their employees but the company as a whole does not reward employees well financially. The company is constantly growing, buying new buildings and acquiring competitors.
Pros
Work/life balance, friendly management and coworkers
Cons
Pay
March 20, 2017

Thank you for your balanced feedback. We love to hear your positive experience with CSC and work/life balance and caring direct managers. Please continue to voice your ideas, concerns, and opinions - it will help us grow.

Great Place to work
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 23, 2017
CSC is a great company to work for. The Management team provides you guidance and rewards those that work hard. There is a clear career path and restrictions set to steer your advancement in the company. They provide excellent perks around team building activities, free lunches, and bonus PTO hours.
March 20, 2017

Thank you for the feedback! We are happy to hear that you have found opportunities to develop your career at CSC.

Terrific, growing company
Vice President, Technology (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 21, 2017
The culture is very team oriented and focused on always providing the highest level of customer service. The work the company does is critical to our customers, but generally behind the scenes from the public's eye.

The company is privately held (which in my opinion is fantastic after having spent many years in the public sector chasing quarterly returns). The owners continue to invest in growing the company - acquiring new businesses and building a terrific headquarters in Wilmington, DE. The company is also upgrading offices in other locations, but it will take a long time to get to every small office .

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with - very talented and compassionate. Definitely a "nice" place to work.

The hardest part of the job can be identifying the best opportunities to pursue - there are many great ideas to move the company forward, but only so many projects we can tackle at one time.
Pros
Growing company with many opportunities
The Golden Standard
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 8, 2016
I have been at CSC for three years and have been able to really explore different opportunities that CSC has provided me. Most of my day consists of prepping documents on behalf of the client, sending notifications about filings internally and externally, and being available for any task that my co-workers might need assistance with.
Being able to multi-task, pay attention to detail, and working in a fast pace environment are highly recommended skills.

Here at CSC our managers are referred to as Leaders, and that is exactly what they are. They are always involved and are a great support system to ensure our work is completed. Where ever there is an opportunity for improvement, they always follow our company values.

One thing I love about my team is that no matter how busy someone might be, we are always there to help each other and work together. The most enjoyable part of working at CSC is the opportunity for employees to be evolved in events and fundraisers on behalf of the company.
Pros
Teamwork, Flexibility
Cons
Salary
January 9, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you have been able to develop your career with CSC by exploring different opportunities. People who take action to learn and grow do well here! Also, thank you for calling out the teamwork oriented environment - we know how important this is!

Best Workplace
Pricing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 10, 2016
Working for Corporation Service Company is like no other. CSC always puts the customer's needs first and strives to exceed them on a daily basis. The management leaders continue to keep an open door policy and show they care by keeping you up-to-date on your progress and goals. Weekly meetings are essential!. I truly enjoy the company-wide trainings that are offered and the company updates. They give true insight into what CSC is all about and continues to work towards. CSC has not been voted "Best Workplace" for nothing!!!!
Pros
Weekly meetings, quarterly CEO updates, community events
Cons
Healthcare is a little expensive (for a family)
Leader (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 26, 2016
CSC (Corporation Service Company) is a great place to work. We have a solid culture, making for an exciting and challenging opportunity everyday, and a team that works together to deliver amazing results to our customers. It is a very flat and vibrant organization, seeking to innovate and improve, so to grow the value across communities worldwide.
Pros
Work environment, people, collaboration, positive, customer focus, results, growth
Cons
Office focus, some growing pains

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSC. Our community is ready to answer.