CSC Employee Reviews

Great Creative Atmosphere
Presentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 16, 2017
I had nothing but a positive experience at CSC. The people are great and there is a solid team structure and group effort. The work was challenging and I enjoyed the experience.
productive work day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 15, 2017
A typical day at CSC would would be answering customers calls about their immigration status. I would provide great customer service and assist them with all the questions they ask.
Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 15, 2017
The Director and HR are down to earth and some but not all supervisors overcompensate.. Service and Warehouse supervisors were the best. Corporate is corporate
We had a very good work environment and I always had good managers.
Professional Developer (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCDecember 12, 2017
I was given lots of job opportunities over the 20+ years with CSC. I taught for three years to employees and customers during my last 15 years. I work hard and was mostly self taught due to the nature of the work and the fast pace environment. I was a mentor for other employees. I wrote and revised User and Technical manuals for Commercial Crime. I traveled to many states for work helping and teaching customers to use the Commercial Crime system.

I created screens, developed algorithms, created keys, attribute labels and values for the Commercial Entity for all forty nine states. I created a Product Mix Matrix, Requirement Study, User Guide and Technical Guide. Also, maintaining the current system for Crime in the same environment. I did unit testing and solving errors, did more testing and copying policies, running queries and documenting all test results.
Pros
Lots of Job Opportunities
Cons
work going to India
It is a great place to work, if you find the right position.
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 5, 2017
It is a friendly environment, although fast-paced and extremely detail oriented, everyone is so nice and willing to help. They do extensive training and make sure you know how to do every aspect of the job.
Great place to work.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Jerome, IDDecember 1, 2017
Wish the work was not just seasonal. I enjoy working for this company. Would like to be a full-time employee year around. The staff was accomidating. Always answered my questions. Work environment was enjoyable.
fast paced with plenty of work to keep busy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILNovember 30, 2017
makes calls out to customers
process payment arrangements.
generate letters regarding billing
send manual bills and draft accounts of policy holders
I did not for for CSC
Manager/ Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 30, 2017
I did not work directly for CSC. However, CSC was purchased by SRA, the new company is now called CSRA. As a contractor my time at CSRA is quite good, and the work is challenging.
Pros
Long term contract
Cons
The contract is now comingto an end
CSC is in the IT contracts business
Data Center and System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 29, 2017
CSC is one of many companies in the world of commercial and federal IT contracts. If you understand the business culture around IT contracts, then you will understand CSC.

Personally, I am not a fan of IT contract culture, but I don't hold it against CSC. Essentially, they are out to make a profit off of you, not off of a product. Although you may have good teams, it feels like there is a lack of personal investment. Many "fall through the cracks," meaning when a contract is over you are at the mercy of internal mobility.

If you are around long enough to see several leadership changes, you will see the wheel get reinvented each time. If you are around long enough to see several contract changes, doubly so. The combination squashes productivity to a pulp, and oh by the way, I hope you didn't develop any sense of attachment to any of the work you did!

CSC's mantra is for their teams to "perform brilliantly." Well, they often do, but it has felt like it's in spite of CSC, not because of CSC.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
There is a disconnect between upper management and everyone else
Project Manager
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bath, MENovember 29, 2017
There is no onboarding process for new hires/contractors. You have to be highly motivated and learn to navigate the company on your own or ask a co-worker (stressed out) for assistance. They basically took advantage of Project Managers using them as business analyst and developed Project Management Plan and obtained Sponsor signed off. The execution phase is then passed on to permanent remote Project Manager to complete the project.
Pros
The location is near the ocean and I interfaced with ex-Navy personnel
Cons
Poor management and no onboarding process
Lots of stress
Professional System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, azNovember 29, 2017
Expectation of long days and long weeks, management was not aware of daily on goings in the department. Company looked for ways to charge the client extra for services.
Pros
hours, seemed flexible from time to time
Cons
stress, secretive
Prodcutive and workplace with fun
Cover for Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 26, 2017
Handle and process highly confidential and time sensitive information. Screen incoming telephone calls for Directors. Coordinate schedules and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings, off-site functions and travel itineraries and coordinate related arrangements. Prepare binders and file folders for returns and special projects as needed. Log Help desk issues as they arise and help resolve outstanding issues. Schedule appointments and conferences using Lotus Notes. Prepare travel reservations and expense reports. Schedule conference rooms. Maintain copier supplies; paper and cartridges. Monitor and organize boxes from Falls Church Storage and Iron Mountain offsite. Learn the 710 process and invoice processing. Prepare check requests, Wire Transfers and FedEx shipments. Workplace friendly. I enjoyed my job. The commute was the difficult. Most enjoyable part of the job was being busy and helping other complete their task.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Commute
Stressful, fast-paced environment
Division President (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCNovember 25, 2017
Company went through multiple changes on the executive team and changed business focus. High pressure to deliver cost reductions, which impacted the job environment negatively.
fast paced and hard work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New BrunswickNovember 24, 2017
This is a prison and prison nursing is tough. You need to have thick skin at times. Either you love it or you don't. I did. I loved my co workers and we worked as a team together.
Pros
Pay rate per hour was excellent! GREAT benefits
Cons
4 days on and 5 off, long shifts.
Productive and fun work place
Sercurity (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 16, 2017
Get to the event that your working at and have a debease and then everybody would know where there working at and go from there got to take a short 15 maybe 2o min break
Pros
got to watch the events depending where you were stationed at
Cons
very short breaks
System administrator
UNIX System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 15, 2017
The people I worked with were excellent. The management was great. The pay was good. It was a large company that required a lot of work which was great because I was a hard worker.
Good Company to work with
Professional 2 - Product Developer (Current Employee) –  IndoreNovember 14, 2017
Good company to work with, Balanced work life, Nice managers. Good Locations.

CSC is a product based company mainly working in insurance domain.
I joined CSC 8 years back and my experience with the company is overall pleasant.
Good entry level
FULFILLMENT ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  DelawareNovember 10, 2017
A good place to work directly after graduation, but not good for career advancement. Compensation is not of a reasonable wage, so many people find themselves with weekend jobs.
Contract worker
Contract Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VA 20151November 5, 2017
I was a contract Background Investigator and was called when the company had work in my area.
During the period that I worked for CSC, I had only one case.
Pros
New company trying to work the kinks out.
Cons
Report system was innovative.
Productive & fun work place.
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 1, 2017
Nice company to work for. Fast paced environment. Friendly co workers & great staff. Long standing & walking hours. Travel from venue to venue for crowd control.
Pros
Working @ different venues & working in the public.
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSC. Our community is ready to answer.