CSC
1,518 reviews

CSC Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place with ping pong table
Programmer Analyst Lead (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEAugust 1, 2015
Productive and fun work place with several recreational activities options like gym, Lawn tennis ground, ping pong table etc.
....
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 31, 2015
they cut my hours without asking me.. and they where a okay company.,........ and the environment was okay. was not the job for me
Good company
Lead Technical Writer/Manager Operations Support (Current Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDJuly 29, 2015
CSC is a good company to work for and offers the chance to grow in your profession. The company has work locations all over the world.
Productive Work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), MetLifeJuly 29, 2015
A great place to work. Very organized and strict. Many changes made amongst the position worked but were always trained on it
Processor III
Processor II- Processing Homeowners (Current Employee), Blythewood, SCJuly 29, 2015
I really enjoy working at CSC, I enjoy working on the Homeowner Insurance Policy, I rate policy, change mortgage co on the policy, Cancel Homeowner Policy per insured, I also work on the letter that come from the Mortgage Company stating that the property is vacant or foreclosed.
Don't assume you can't get fired.
Senior PC Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Occasional free lunches
Cons: Few opportunities for advancement, holiday bonuses were removed, management was sometimes heartless (fired a 61-year-old man and a woman who was 7 months pregnant)
On assignment to a government agency. Was mostly a good place to work at first; felt valued and appreciated. This tapered off as the ownership of the project changed hands from one contractor to another, and perks were taken away one by one.
CSC, a great opportunity! Challenging, interesting and exciting work for the Defense Department.
Senior Project Team Lead (Former Employee), Washington, DC Navy YardJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Engineering Logistics Challenges/Salary
Cons: None
I loved my Federal Government boss, my co-workers and my actual work with the U.S. Navy. No need to say more.
I was seeking something intellectually stimulating and I found it working with Naval Engineers, Electrical Engineers and Ship Design Engineers as well as with the contractor support staff. The logistics of ship design and building was exhilarating. I retired sooner than I wanted to take care of an ill sister. That part of life is finished and I am looking for more now.
Billing Account Specialist (Former Employee), Lanham, MDJuly 27, 2015
Pros: good place to work
Cons: nothing to say
Good place to work when I was there very knowledgeable individuals in all the departments. A good sense of teamwork among department
CSC is a good place to start
Solaris/Linux System Administrator (Current Employee), Groton, CTJuly 25, 2015
The work can be very interesting depending on what business your in. Local management is very good, but as it gets higher the interest is more towards stock holders and their own pockets. Raises are non existant the past four years. Work balance is achievable.
Fun place to work. Never a dull day.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2015
Pros: seeing new people everyday
Cons: travel to and from work was a bit of a hassle
Typical day would start off with room checks to see which rooms were used and unused. I learned attention to detail is the most important thing when you are dealing with customers and their rooms. The hardest part of this job would probably be stocking cart before your day ended. Sometimes you wouldn't have enough supplies so you would have to go and find some.
Great People
Bilingual customer representative (Former Employee), Irving, TexasJuly 23, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: non existant break schedule
Clock in and log into the phones. It was a queue environment with only a 10 second delay between calls.

The day went by fast, never a dull moment. However made it diffucult to actually tae breaks and recharge through out the day.
Comfortable workplace with everything needed to do the job
Desktop Specialist (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Hour Lunch
My duties were in both hardware and software. Refresh systems and repair issues,
The co-workers were all nice and helpful. Management were responsive.
contracts
Senior Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 21, 2015
Some contracts better than others. Management needs to keep employee informed of what is going on with these contracts that employees are working on.
Good company at first.....
Network Leader (Former Employee), Where the crow fliesJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Steady income while it lasts
Cons: Mediocre managemnet and lack of job security.$
Typical work day is 8am to 4:30PM task can vary according to what needs to be done.

CSC was a great learning experience. They are primarily setup to pay discounted wages and hires entry level workers.

Mangement is completely disconnected from employees and clearly lack much knowledge of the work environment.

Many work environments lack sufficient documentation.

The most enjoyable part of working for CSC is the steady 8 hour work times.

For employees in a DoD contracting environment, there is a lack of job security. When a contract ends, employees experience a reduction in force termination, which releases them entirely from the company.
Great First-Job Company, Not for Long-Term Career
Anonymous (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Great middle-management looks out for their employees. Great entry-level opportunities
Cons: Low pay, High turnover.
CSC does a fantastic job of taking raw, untrained skill, and honing them into effective, productive machines. Unfortunately, a lack of company stability, job security, low pay, and low morale means a very high turnover, and the company suffers from talent-drain on a constant basis.

In other words, it is a great first job to get your feet wet, but if you are an experienced veteran in your field, you may wish to look elsewhere.
csc temp
Sr. Processor (Current Employee), irving txJuly 13, 2015
Temp looking to get perm its seems like no one is hired perm. The overtime is mandatory. The food in the café is horrible and not worth the money you pay for it. The company is in a good area.
Over all nice experience
Websphere administrator (Current Employee), Noida, India and Austin, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Good work life balance and opportunity to work in latest technologies
Cons: Biased mid level management and below par compensation
Nice interactive team with good atmosphere.
Enough opportunity to learn and work for people who are proactive and self motivated.
Fun group & great team
Help Desk Queue Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Free lunch on Fridays
Cons: Difficult support hours
Fun group & great team. It was very productive and goal driven. The home office did not keep the the team when the contract came to a end.
Loved being busy and working from home
Incident Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas-Ft Worth , TexasJuly 9, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: outsourcing all of american jobs to India
Working for Computer Sciences Corporation was a fast paced, multitasking, problem solving environment. My co workers on my team were great and helpful. Hardest part of the job was working with other employees in other countries. Language barriers and cultures were very different. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work from home.
Okay place to work
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Rensselaer, NYJuly 9, 2015
This was a good place to work. I learned a lot but needed to move on. there was no room for growth. Met a lot of awesome people who have been friends ever since.

1 2 3 4 5

About CSC

For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.  Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the – Read more

CSC Salaries