CSC
1,027 reviews

CSC Employer Reviews

Great work environment
Customer Service Ambassador (Current Employee), ConnecticutJuly 24, 2014
Great company to work for. I get to work from home which is a great experience. They are very flexible with vacations and time off. Overall one of the best companies I've worked for.
Fast paced and a wide variety of equipment
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2014
Pros: i get to work with minimal supervision as a self starter.
Cons: benefits
Average day consist of repairing, ATM's, air/vacuums/ and commercial laundry equipment in a 100 mile radius from my home.
My co workers are talented and experienced technicians for the most part and we all try to work together as techs to help each other out. the most enjoyable part of the job is the ever changing equipment needs and the variety of – more... services I provide. – less
Good people.
Sr. Quality Professional (Former Employee), Coppell, TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: good people.
Cons: lack of integrity.
Worked with a lot of good people. Went through a lot of company changes and transitions. Now its time to move on.
Good place to work.
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free tickets
Cons: inconsistent shifts
CSC was my first security job. Basically we were stationed in a zone at the football field. We had gates that we had to watch. We checked bags and tickets. We also helped disabled to their seats. This job was very easy. There really wasn't a hard part to the job.
Fun learning experience.
Intern (Former Employee), KathmanduJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches, paid internship
I was an Intern so i was taught a lot of work by my seniors. It was an accounting firm hence i learned Bookkeeping, preparation of financial statement, payroll preparation and deduction and deposit of withholding taxes.
Hard Work with a high temp work flow
Production Control/Logistics Management Specialist (Former Employee), Kaiserslautern, RPJuly 22, 2014
enjoyed the work but not the uncertain contract environment
Review
Sr. professional product test (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2014
. Busy schedule with scrum, Team meeting, assigned task, status report on the task
. Time managment
.Extremly supportive
. managing time crunch with uncompromised quality in testing and release deadlines
. Rapport between devlopers, BA and team members
Work.
Senior Support Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, ILJuly 16, 2014
Helping people is what I do best! I take phone calls and assist clients and agents to the best of my ability with whatever their request may be.
CSC
Director - Shared Services (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
Lots of changes in the last few years that financially turned around the company, but made the best performers leave
Nice place to work, good benefits.
Office Manager/Contract Management (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2014
Pros: flexible, could work remote, when needed
Managed the day-to-day operations of the office, i.e. general office issues, printer, fax not working properly, vendor relations, maintained office records for corporate office. The hardest part of the job was working with other staff when on a timeframe. Other staff would be all over the United States in different CSC offices. Getting replies to necessary – more... information request. – less
Nice place to work
Senior Systems analyst (Current Employee), miamiJuly 14, 2014
Pros: work from home
Very professional environment
work under contract for thyssenkrupp elevators very team oriented place very happy with them allow us to work from home which is a plus
Ongoing organizational transformation...
Sr Business Analyst/Bus Architect (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: well known technology company, global/diverse organization, work from home
Cons: culture shift, hierarchical mgmt structure
15 years at CSC. Last two years very tough due to significant organizational changes and reductions in force. There continues to be churn in some areas of the company. In addition, CSC has moved to a bell curve system for annual performance appraisal which is having a negative influence on employee morale, tightening restrictions around vacation accrual/carryover, – more... etc. Little to no raises for several years in a row because of inability to meet financial targets despite stock price is up 90% in last 2 years. – less
Benefits reductions and policy changes severly impact work/life balance.
Information Security Specialist (Current Employee), Various in MD, DC and VAJuly 12, 2014
Co-workers have been the best part of CSC along with time working for long term customers.

Worst has been corporate changes to meet financial goals to boost stock prices making CSC less desirable as an employer.
Lot of work with no reward
Project Management Leader (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJuly 12, 2014
16 hours of work in a day, even in some weekends. compensation is not rewarding at all. Learnt a lot while working here.
Senior Test Engineer
Sr Test Engineer (Former Employee), Hyderabad -IndiaJuly 11, 2014
• Performed QA processes collaborating with the development team for ensuring high quality software releases using Scrum methodologies.
• Database manipulation queries for RDBMS to use for front end and backend validation.
• Performed initial Smoke testing to determine if the product was stable enough to with stand a major testing effort.
• Manual Black – more... box testing for Billing Application.
• Analyzed the business requirements and functional specification documents, wrote Test Plan, Traceability Matrix, GUI and Functional Test Scripts.
• Performed usability testing to test the user friendliness of the website.
• Conducted Static Text Testing, Text link testing, Image Link testing and broken link Testing.
• Performed Smoke, Sanity, Functional, System, Integration and Regression testing.
• Performed Cross browser testing to check for compatibility. – less
CSC is a good company with great company potential
Director (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: regular pay check, decent position
Cons: not an employee or client focuses company
Typical day consisted of working from an office providing project management to numerous federal contracts

Learned that the bureaucracy stifles entrepreneurship and creativity. CSC is a highly process driven company.

Mostly great professional co-workers.

For me the hardest part of the job was the lack of creativity and learning opportunities since – more... I had been performing this type of work for so many years.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people or getting a new project to work on. – less
Call Center
Helpdesk Technician -Computer Sciences Corp (CSC) (Current Employee), Coppell, txJuly 10, 2014
Pros: corporate discounts and other benefits.
Cons: having to schedule pto and other time off requests according to others schedules, distance travelled to work and the work life balance is not good.
This is a typical call center environment, which is not a lot of fun, however our customers/callers make it much easier to deal with the number of incoming calls.

Working for CSC, I've been exposed to an extensive amount of applications, which has increased my software and customer service skills a great deal.

The hardest part of the job is sitting – more... at a desk for 8+ hours a day and working in a 24x7 environment.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my colleagues and managers they make the job tolerable. – less
Logistics Engr Assc Pro (Current Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: we were able to have inputs on the projects (free thinking)
CSC is a great place to work with lots of understanding and professionalism. We work in a team concept with a meeting to start off the week. Review our prior week accomplishment. it is very important to relay your shortcomings before it happens so the team could adjust and provide assistance as needed. Management kept us informed on upcoming events, – more... projects, deadlines, and changes that might impact us directly. my co-workers are great to work with, very good communication and atmosphere. the hardest part of the job was the commuting to work traffic. the most enjoyable part of the job was a successful accomplishment of a project from start to finish and seeing the final product. – less
very easy to do
Security Guard (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2014
like using this easy and fun we meet all kinds of people were we go make new friends all over
2nd Level Remote Desktop Support (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: -
Cons: -
Promoted Rather Quickly after showcasing talent.. however contracts are unsteady, and remote work was rescinded arbitrarily.

1 2 3 4 5

About CSC

For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.  Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the – Read more