CSC
1,442 reviews

CSC Employee Reviews

Not rewarding any longer. I also do not like the work envirnment any longer.
Unix Admin ERPUNIX in support SAP servers (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTMay 21, 2015
Pros: Allowed to work from home part time
Cons: Work environment has become unexceptable - too noisy - too many political opinions discussed
A typical day at work is building out servers - AIX, Linux VMs - doing post install work.
Creating VG,LVs, FSs and adding space when needed
tweeking config files, restarting, troubleshooting issues
Building / Fixing Network SAP Print queues
Monitoring Nagios for errors
Calling IBM or HP for support of hardware issues
Editing or creating Wiki documentation of new processes
I have learned to create VMs
Co-Workers are ok
The hardest part of the job is the drive in.
Most enjoyable part of the job is when I fix something that is broke.
You'll work in these bad conditions and like it, if not, there's more where you came from
Information Technology (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMay 19, 2015
Pros: exposure to many different technologies, coworkers
Cons: adversarial mentality of different groups, moving office location several times to save money
Typical scenario of "Contracting company under-bid the contract and now has to find some way to make money". Typical solution of "get more managers in here to soak up the money and then crack the whip". Typical compartmentalization and outright adversarial mentality of internal groups on the contract. A few good people (coworkers and managers) were constantly demoralized by the oppressive status quo. Project Managers only cared about their early completion rate, everything else be damned.
The hardest part of the job was getting other people to do their jobs so I could do mine, in many ways. Tickets were constantly thrown around with no information, groups hardly knew what other groups were capable of.
The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing a big or complex problem for a client - they were very happy and a few even ordered a pizza for me!
Fast paced environment
Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee), Columbia, MarylandMay 18, 2015
Pros: Diversity
Cons: No time for breaks or lunch
I enjoyed working with diverse teams. I was able to learn about testing software products, while working with the testing team. The programmers were eager to show the benefits of the technical specifications.
Fun at first
Team Management/Development (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 17, 2015
Good company to work for as it is locally owned and operated. Faced difficulty in textile industry one NAFTA was enacted and like many textile companies lost business to Mexico and other Latin American companies. Good work culture and the owners and management were easy to work with.
CM
Configuration Manager (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAMay 16, 2015
On a daily basis I worked with my government counterpart to track all work requests and installations in our facility. I also worked to correct the databases single point of failure.
easy going to work
customer service rep (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVMay 14, 2015
take anywhere from 40 calls or more a day doing background checks. co-workers where helpful and good to work with. learn to have patience and to stay focus. make sure all information is entered correctly.
Always a chance to be Involved
Workflow Analyst, Administrative Analyst (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Always had the chance to make a change if wanted.
Cons: Job was offshored to India.
I would solve 100+ inquiries daily to keep the work flowing and the programmers assigned to limit bench time for the programmers.

Management always gave me the opportunity to voice my opinion and be involved in decision making.

Co-workers were not located in the same state, but we were constantly in contact via instant messaging or phone calls. We always got along, and were willing to help each other out whenever possible.

The hardest part of the job were the hours we worked sometimes. There were days where we worked until 1:00 AM.

The best part of the job was working with the people. Everyone was friendly, and we've kept in contact over the years since we became friends.
Adventureous and enjoyable to train with soldiers.
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Ft. Benning, GA and Camp Buehring, KuwaitMay 13, 2015
Pros: Change of pace and training with soldiers
Cons: No raises, resources and minimum cost of living increase
We as a group would start the day with a morning safety briefing. We would then prioritize what maintenance or training needed to be the task for that particular day. It was a challenge and enjoyment to train and work with the young soldiers to prepare them for their jobs. However it was disappointing to have such limited resources to make the job easier.
Shawn Bradford Summary
Senior Mgr Service Deployment Team / Global (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Sometimes long days due to timezones
Typical day, virtual worker when not traveling. I work with external clients in conference meetings and on site. Updating project schedules, action items, etc.

What you learned. I love working with external clients and watching their IT transformation with client satisfaction. Realizing that it is all team work for success

Management. I managed a global team of 42 people and really enjoyed sharing ideas and successes. Enjoyed the diversity of cultures.

Co - Workers at CSC were fantastic. It was truly team work!

Hard part of the job - Since I ran a global organization, time zones were difficult

The most enjoyable part of the job - Definitely my clients, I enjoyed and was rewarded on every single project and learned something new.
Productive learning environment
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Coppell, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: Free lunches during working hours
Cons: Lots of different passwords
Employees are expected to arrive early & stay late. Breaks / lunches are closely monitored. Tutorials & learning programs are available and mandatory. Multiple methods of communication with clients are also used.
Professional Fun Environment
Network Defense Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Lackland AFB, TXMay 11, 2015
Good job and great people to work with day to day. Training opportunities are offered and highly encouraged. Pay could be better.
Flexible scheduling with decent management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), River Falls, WIMay 11, 2015
No benefits were ever given, but a free car wash or two a week and being able to work on your own car for only the price of the product was a nice perk. You win some, loose some. People were pretty decent to work with unless it was students, then they enjoyed flaking, leaving you to cancel plans and live at work for the day.
Great Company
Director of Financial Control (Current Employee), Landover, MDMay 8, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Commute
CSC is a great company to work for with a very diversified structure. The employees are hardworking and committed individuals who join the company and stay for many years. The job assignments are very centralized to specific programs/contracts, but they do an excellent job of making sure you know you are part of a larger team of people.
I like the company at least years ago when I was there
SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAMay 8, 2015
Pros: job stability at least years ago
Cons: they used to have the pale, male, stale syndrome in upper management
I liked the company and learned alot about P&L and BD - all phases of the job - would consider going back. I learned alot when I was there.
It's all about the Stock price
Senior Unix Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: Good people to work with
Cons: 80 - 100 hour weeks.
Everything is around the stock price. Stock go down, lay offs start. They don't rehire when the stock goes up. Work Life balance is NO LIFE.
Productive, Fast-Paced, Fun Atmosphere
Business Development Executive (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMay 7, 2015
The Law Enforcement Critical Infrastructure Protection (LECIP) Division of CSC is a great place to work. As a Business Development Executive, everyday is different - whether at the office, attending events, in customer or partner meetings, or telecommuting. The Management Team encourages personal and professional growth through leadership activities, internal reviews, team collaboration, and mentorship. Establishing close team relationships is key and easy to do.
Unorganized and draining
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunch sometimes if you work through lunch
Cons: They cut our hour lunches to 30 minutes
Been working here for almost a year and the work load doesn't match up with the pay. Management would have a sour attitude if you didn't work through your lunch..this is ridiculous. Management would send out rude emails versus trying to figue out what areas required additional training. Speaking of training, or lack thereof, this company knew for over a year that it would be taking 100% of the calls for a life insurance company that had gone out of business. Did they prepare for it? No. The literally threw us on the phones with these customers and gave us a VERY BRIEF overview of what we would be doing. They also changed our schedules and gave us the new schedule on a Friday and it was effective that following Monday. This caused a problem for several people who had children and didn't have any time to make arrangements. I honestly would not recommend this company unless you were unemployed and just needed a job. Otherwise, I'd say keep looking. Like I am.
Great freelancing experience
Corporate Communications Freelancer (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Remote access
Cons: only freelance opportunity
Great supervisor, worked remotely from home, supervisor was great to work with and very knowledgeable. Knowledge of technology industry/market is a plus but not necessary
A great learning experience
MAG Supervisor (Current Employee), Queens, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: Got to see Football Games, Music festivals, and learned how to interact with many cultures.
Cons: Part-Time hours
Great place to work! You get out of this job what you put in. Hardworking team. Employees work very hard but it is a fun and exciting environment to be a part of.
Great workplace and fantastic management
Security Attendant (Current Employee), minneapolis, mnMay 5, 2015
Working there taught me a lot about customer service and how to deal with high profile customers on a daily basis. I would go back and work here again.

1 2 3 4 5

About CSC

For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.  Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the – Read more

CSC Salaries