CSC
1,101 reviews

CSC Employer Reviews

Non-profit organization for cancer survivors and caregiver
Volunteer - Fundraising & Welcome (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: wonderul non-profit organization
Offers free programs in health, nutrition, execise, guest speaker for cancer survivor and caregivers.
Good
Oracle Technical Lead (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: good employees
Cons: technolgy
CSC is Good Company to work
part time job was in solitary
Security Guard (Former Employee), Orange, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: easy going and was a learning experience
Cons: not much interaction with others, but i don't mind working alone.
My position required me to be a post in a hall pass way and before anyone could pass through I would have to check for color coded tags that indicated the permission of all employees and visitors to pass through. The site was under construction so it was vital to make sure all persons passing had correct tags to allow them pass. I had to learn security – more... codes to inform other guards of anything that needed to be reported such as, someone trespassing or simply that I needed to be relieved or dismissed. I was also assigned to be breaker which meant I would secure different posts by relieving other guards for their breaks. Working with other guards was fun they were always polite and helped maintain being alert for 12 hour shifts. – less
CSC Corporate Restructuring - Corporate Culture
Tier II Hardware Support/Qualiry Management (Current Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: special purchase plans with lenova and microsoft
Cons: poor health care plans.
Benefits have decreased - only one health insurance plan to choose from; minimal or no salary increase.
A typical day for me is to be actively engaged on my tasks. Take no breaks. Insensitive management. Some co-workers engage in back stabbing and are disrespectful towards junior level staff. The hardest part of my job was dealing with a co-worker who – more... was a business process analyst who wanted to change the way I performed my job tasks without even taking the time to understand how I processed my tasks. The most enjoyable part of my tasks was interfacing with other employees that needed my services and providing timely responses to their requests.. – less
CSC
Field Service Engineer/ Technician (Current Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDSeptember 11, 2014
I'm relatively new here but thus far it seems pretty good. I used a little bit of what I have heard to fill out the bubbles up top. I currently work with CSC in Afghanistan so am not totally sure what they are like back stateside.
Nice Place
Test Engineer Principal Leader (Former Employee), Lanham, MDSeptember 9, 2014
Management is very supportive.
More training options.
Good raises.
A fair workplace where I could be busy and productive.
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee), Newark, DESeptember 9, 2014
Pros: night shift was comfortable and very steady with the work flow.
There were great hours with 2 twelve hour shifts and 2 eight hour shifts.
Fun working
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 9, 2014
I really enjoyed my time with this company i gained experience on various skills working with his company the best place to work
Excellent place to work for in a great environment with great benefits.
Customer Service Representative/Federal (Former Employee), Barbourville, KYSeptember 9, 2014
*Working in an office environment assisting customers with technical support.

*I learned many things about customer service, the government, and how to resolve technical issues on government websites.

*Management was very supportive and great to get along with.

*Co-workers were professional and great to get along with.

*Trying to resolve a difficult – more... systematic and technical issue in an efficient amount of time.

*I loved the office environment, i liked being able to help people by finding solutions to resolve technical issues they were experiencing. – less
Nice place to work
Assistant Supervisor, Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Coppell, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: customer service week
Cons: no growth
Nice place to work where the people can work together to complete a task.
Computer Science Corporation
SCA Aircraft Mechanic I (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: the hours were good and very seldom worked weekends.
Cons: the management was not the best, and knew little about aircraft maintenance.
Co workers were team players, and made the job more enjoyable and rewarding.
Summary
Assessment Officer (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 8, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with Nato. The hardest part of the job is learning the different communicaiton systems that Nato uses and being on the right time zone to test.
Love my work, customers - hate my job.
Computer Scientist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Does not value their front-line employees who interface directly with the customer, despite the fact that management says we are their most valuable asset. They force us to take vacations to ensure the books look good at the end of the fiscal year. I haven't had a raise in three years despite good reviews and an average of 25% overtime.
Internal processes – more... prohibit me from doing my job in a timely and efficient manner. – less
Generally open.
Service Delivery Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Good organization, allows for matrix leadership and growth.
Below average work place
Configuration Management Specialist (Current Employee), Falls Church, VASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: vacation policy
For such a large company over the past year they have really gone down hill.

Reduced carry over vacation to 5 days. Those 5 days must be used by April 1 the following year.

Of the 10 vacation days you get you must use 5 of them when they shut the company down at Labor Day and the end of the year.

When your contract is up they don't go out of their – more... way to get you placed. – less
OK
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Blythewood, SCSeptember 3, 2014
I interned at CSC my senior year of college. Good company to work for, management is kind of all over the place though.
Not well managed
Senior Wintel Admin (Former Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 2, 2014
- You do not get any vocations, any days off, you will have to make up
-Do not have there priorities straight
- No Comp Days
Managed incoming IT high profile, critical, and major large scale impacting IT incidents for 50+ different large clients.
Senior Incident Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 31, 2014
Pros: worked from home
Cons: never met my co workers on my team
Managed high level and high profile global clients. Worked with and managed global work force. Continuing education opportunities completed.
Meet a lot of new people.
Coustomer Service Rep (Former Employee), Barbourville, KYAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great pay. short drive to work.
Cons: 20 hours per week.
Loved the job, the pay was great, but work started to get slow and was cut down to around 20 hours a week.
Productive andfun working place
Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Vienna VaAugust 28, 2014
Productive andfun working place.......
Short breaks, healthcare, ect
Free lunches, ect

1 2 3 4 5

About CSC

For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.  Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the – Read more