CSC

1.5K reviews

CSC Employee Reviews

A typical dat at work
Associate Processor (Current Employee), Blythewood, SCAugust 31, 2015
A work day includes great time management and organization skills. I work with 15 co-workers on a business outsourcing project. The endorsements received daily must be completed in a timely manner with accuracy. Satisfying my clients is a must and a very rewarding feeling of a job well done.
Productive , fun enviroment
customer service representative (Former Employee), Fortworth , txAugust 24, 2015
A typical day at work would be coming in to a happy, enjoyable enviroment and communicating through the phone with others and informing them general information on immigration .
CSC is a great company to work for.
Field Technician, Senor Associate H-60S, H, R (Current Employee), Norfolk NAS, VAAugust 24, 2015
I enjoy working on aircraft. I enjoyed my time in the military for 20 years as a fighter crew chief. I feel like I still have the opportunity to serve my country.
Productive workplace
Administration Clerk (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2015
Keyed in images from census bureau forms with information that people sent in about themselves. Also performed data entry.
Nice Office atmosphere
Insurance Customer Service, Underwriting (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed Insurance Underwriting
Cons: Temporary position did not last.
Day consisted of inbound calls for insurance underwriting.
liaison between Underwriting and Agent Offices.
The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying agents and customers.

Learned State of Florida Insurance criteria to process insurance applications to meet underwriting guidelines.

Used used data input and phone skills.

Management was exceptional.
This is ok for someone that likes that kind of work
Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee), 15051 FAA BLVD, Fort Worth TX 76155August 17, 2015
Pros: not as far as irving
Cons: none
This was not a good job fit for me. I was somewhat surprised by the job description on the first day of employment, not what I expected
Lean and mean
Senior Business Developer (Former Employee), Rochester,NYAugust 14, 2015
worked for CSC for 5 years and never felt that I am part of the team. My manager was in another state and had no clue what I was doing. They kept us without raises or give 1-2 % every other year even when the company was doing good. All meetings were remote. The only good thing was that I could work from home as needed since no managers were around. They only worried about $ and moved all jobs off-shore.
RUN FAST..POOR MANAGEMENT - SHADY TACTICS
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Evcerything about this place.
I made the mistake many have of accepting a position based on a generic job description that had nothing to do with the job I accepted. The culture is horrendous. Open environment leaves no room for privacy, engagement or professionalism. No one can operate like this on a professional level. They also seem to promote those who can't get jobs elsewhere. Rude employees, management won't have your back on any issues at all..the attitude is such that you're expected to take their job they misrepresent, work for someone inappropriate meaning your "boss" and who you do work for isn't who you really report to...they don't tell you that you won't get any increases, which would impact the starting salary - executives are rewarded while workerbees go ignored. Factory job. You're a number. I would rather work for people who appreciate my talents much less who extract them in a appropriate environment. I was unmotivated after week 1 at this job when I was informed that I had to report to someone with my same job title. I made mention to who I reported to to get no results...(he would ask me about the job knowing it wasn't going well to basically say "well, I'm sorry I brought it up" after probing me to complain about it repeated times). Meanwhile, the "rationale" for reporting to someone who isn't in my loop at all was "well, we need a third eye in case we think you're doing well but you really aren't behind the scenes." LOL. EXCUSE ME? I THOUGHT I WAS HIRED AS A PROFESSIONAL ON A PROFESSIONAL SALARY. I NEED A THIRD EYE (AGAIN, ANOTHER ADMINISTRATOR WITH THE SAME JOB TITLE) WHEN I WORK FOR YOU? CRAZY. There is NOTHING right about this company. I'm so glad to be rid of the stress.....I knew all along my "boss'" were a joke and I was right. Good riddance!
Program Manager
Program Manager for Zurich North America Account (Current Employee), Schaumburg ILAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: No promotion or bonus, senior management won't care much about your concerns.
Flexible work hours and opportunity to work in multiple verticals.
No extra benefits and no salary hikes. Very frequent organizational changes caused lot of confusion.
okay company to work for.
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee), Stennis Space Center, MSAugust 12, 2015
CSC is an okay company to work for. The only complaint I have is that they have too many managers above the end worker.

My manager was not onsite, which caused me some concerns,

Excellent training available at no cost.
A typical day at work was very busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 11, 2015
I worked for this company for eight years and was unexpectedly laid off. While I was there I was treated fairly, I learned a lot and got support and training from management.
Somewhat Okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), KentuckyAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Two 15 minutes breaks and one 30 minute lunch.
Cons: We couldn't always give customers answers to what they were asking.
The job didn't have very many perks. There were no comfortable places for you to have lunch, other than the lunchroom which was usually crowded with other employees. The overall performance of CSC was okay, but could be much better.
Always on the road
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 9, 2015
I worked for this company for a year. Was on the road 6 out of 7 days a week.. Little sleep. No time with family. Counted inventory for multiple stores.
Exciting place to work
Lead Production Control Clerk (MOC) (Former Employee), Nellis AFB, NVAugust 5, 2015
Working with the maintainers and supervision in the 7 different AMU's was exciting and fulfilling work.
Keeping track of maintenance jobs, dispatching other work centers to help on the aircraft, recording flying schedule was a job to be proud of.
Big company, doesn't care about its employees
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Good team at line level
Cons: Employees are treated poorly, Management has no responsibility and don't take care of their people.
Big company in many sectors. Bids on contracts very low and pays for it by cutting employees off a the knees. Managers at PM level take little responsibility for their programs or people.

Benefits are good if it is decided you deserve them and there is no real standard. Handbooks aren't followed by HR sometimes and employees suffer. Good employees who are married to the Military customer are terminated during PCS and rehired as a new employee once they get to a new post with a loss of seniority and benefits.

Bottom line: If you are an employee you are expendable. If you are a higher level manager you will get plenty of golf time.
Challenging
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and supportive management.
Cons: Traveled too much
My manager was very supportive and went out of her way to help me get the job done. However it was very challenging because I traveled at least 5 days a week with no assistant to help with other locations throughout New England.
Productive and fun work place with ping pong table
Programmer Analyst Lead (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEAugust 1, 2015
Productive and fun work place with several recreational activities options like gym, Lawn tennis ground, ping pong table etc.
....
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 31, 2015
they cut my hours without asking me.. and they where a okay company.,........ and the environment was okay. was not the job for me
Good company
Lead Technical Writer/Manager Operations Support (Current Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDJuly 29, 2015
CSC is a good company to work for and offers the chance to grow in your profession. The company has work locations all over the world.
Productive Work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), MetLifeJuly 29, 2015
A great place to work. Very organized and strict. Many changes made amongst the position worked but were always trained on it
Headquarters