CSC
1,292 reviews

CSC Employer Reviews

Starting out and excelling
Site Manager (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 30, 2015
This was my first professional job outside of college. I performed a variety of jobs at CSC including mostly contract work and quality control. I wrote CFPs and POPs, etc., in order to get the programs funded by the US Government. While doing this, I traveled around the world (e.g. Asia and Oceania) in order to accomplish my duties. I worked with a variety of people and despite diverse backgrounds, I got along with everyone very well.
The hardest and most enjoyable parts of the job was probably taking on more responsibility than I think I could handle and excelling at it. I won two awards in my career at CSC for my professionalism and quality of work. Also during that time I was traveling nonstop and still training for marathons. I will always find a way to make it work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaJanuary 30, 2015
I worked with a lot of great people. The whole company was great and I made a lot of friends out of co workers from this company
CSC was a good place to work but now its upside down
Senior programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 29, 2015
HR have changed the company .
IT Manager doesnt have any power.
the total number of years worked doesnt count.
IT was a good company to work
Diverse and interesting employer
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Pomona, NJJanuary 27, 2015
Excellent employer for those who wish to work on federal contracts. Excellent benefits.
CSC is somewhat bureaucratic
Virus Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2015
My brief tenure with CSC was filled with many bureaucratic episodes. The CSC folks I worked with and for were very high caliber professionals but the 'government contractor' mentality prevailed one you went outside my immediate team. It seemed that every customer interaction was perceived as an opportunity to increase CSCs revenue in some way. At first the conditions were poor, I had no chair or assigned computer for several weeks and sat on a cardboard box in the datacenter with PC that had been submitted for repair. These conditions passed and for a time it was a pleasant and challenging job that grew my skills.
csc
Technical Architect (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: upper management not always in tune with what is going on in the trenches
OK place to work. Was recently RIF'd due to department downsizing
Management Analyst (Quality Assurance Specialist) (Former Employee), MDJanuary 26, 2015
The people that i work with are friendly and more like family. Our contact is pretty stable and always a need for the type of work/services that we provide.
Worst compamy I ever worked for - enough said
Senior Messaging Engineer (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: pay for certifacation exam w passing grade
Cons: long work hours, on call, poor managment, contracts grossly under staffed.
If you want to work countless hours, get called all hours of the night, and not get paid for it this is the company for you.
Good Company with great Brand Value
Application Developer (Former Employee), blythewood, North CarolinaJanuary 23, 2015
Style of working is very good and the work life balance was good
I have learned many thing during my work.
It was a great experience working at CSC with exposure with many new technologies.
loved working here
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), New Haven, INJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches on occasion great people
This was a fun work environment. I enjoyed the people I worked with and encountered. The work I did was easy. If a position opened up for what I was doing or similar to what I was doing I would go back.
Flexible work environment
Service Delivery Professional (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2015
The Computer Science Corporation provided a flexible work environment. The company allowed employees to work remotely in certain positions. This company allowed me to interact with customers on a daily basis and work on several projects within the organization.
Enjoyed my career with CSC and the people that I worked with
Sales Operations (Former Employee), DelawareJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great group of people.
Cons: n/a
A Typical day at work: Enjoyable
I learned a great deal from the people
Management - no comment
Your co-workers - were wonderful
Hardest Part of job - Requirements were constantly changing
Enjoyable part of job - The people and the work that I did throughout my career
Please refer to resume
Services Support Technician (Former Employee), Keesler AFB, MSJanuary 19, 2015
I worked at the Community Center assisting our Military Members. I created events that were out door or indoor.

I enjoyed watching the Members enjoy themselves after a long day at work.
CSC is a very Busy and large profitable firm.
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: resonable raises every year
Cons: too serious
A typical day at work would be getting your desk organized and pile up your folders by priority.
Have open communication with your manager regarding reaching your daily goals on time and ahead of time.
Having a good a professional relationship with your co-workers.
The hardest part of the job would be to seat back for a minute and see what is the most important part of job that needs to be done.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the on job training and having meetings with the management to learn more every day.
Integration/Data Manager (Current Employee), Chicago,ILJanuary 16, 2015
CSC is a good place to work, with good team members but the hcm practice is not big and no new projects since 2013,
CSC review
Senior Professional System Administrator (Current Employee), South CarolinaJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: poor management
Hard work and strange hours at low pay... People come last and they try one scheme after another with a fix of Rifing the people that will save their bacon. Relocation seems to be the answer to fix all of CSC's poor business decisions. They can't seem to stick to one plan and try to change the mind set that they have created.
PREPARE TO STAND
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
A typical job long standing with minimum wage pay.Lots of fun if u enjoy sports and concerts more of a student job
productive work environment
Claims Examiner/call center (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches when working overtime
Typical day at work was data entry, inbound call center, co workers with upbeat attitudes and very good knowledge of life insurance. Hardest part of job was the overtime. Most enjoyable part of job was gaining knowledge regarding life insurance.
Forward thinking Culture. Very structured.
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: projects led to client satisfaction with csc.
Cons: no cons.
Allowed to work at my best level. Learned software programming at its most basic level. The management at CSC were outstanding. Co-workers were very reverent. The hardest part of the job was left to me to find the boundaries. The most joyous part of he job was helping my co-workers.
Transitional Phase
Finance Principle (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAJanuary 11, 2015
CSC has been under going an extensive, companywide consolidation to reduce costs and improve it's stock price. Significant layoffs and off shoring continues. Employee morale is very low. Workload is increasing, while virtually everyone is waiting for the call from HR. The company seems to be preparing itself for sale as a whole or by Division.

1 2 3 4 5

About CSC

For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.  Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the – Read more