CSC Employee Reviews

Found 1,321 reviews matching the search
Sweat shop
Principle - Infrastructure Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2016
Under to much pressure to produce results in to short of a time. No management direction or leadership. Everyone is out for them selves.
Pros
Pay
Cons
compensation plan
Over rated
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYSeptember 23, 2016
CSC Ft Knox fosters a nepotistic culture. The installation manager made sure his favorites were taken care of while the actual workers are shown the door. The processes and constant audits severly handicap productivity. Safety program is punitive in nature. If you get hurt expect a reprimand for you and your supervisor.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Constant micromanagment and threats
Was a positive overall experience.
Event Services Liason (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CASeptember 20, 2016
The company provided very flexible hours and it was personalized to individuals needs. The culture was professional, there was much potential for advancement and the environment and jobs was fun and exciting.
Pros
The venues and participating in events.
Cons
First come first serve
Great job management and training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 19, 2016
I was fortunate to get the job there. Calls could come very fast and you had to have good listening skills and fast data entry skills.

Job was to take applications for gun purchases from new york to alaska. Get an ok or a further review that was delivered to fbi.

I was very fortunate to have great managers!

Unfortunately this section of csc was lost to other call centers.

I will never forget my time there. I made many friends
Pros
SET SCHEDULE
Cons
SOMETIMES OVERWHELMING WHEN CALLS WERE COMING BACK TO BACK
Good place
Security (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2016
Since I've started working at CSC Houston, I have been able to rely on my managers for just about anything. Most of the people who work there are nice and relaxed. We all help each other with our jobs.
I enjoy the team I work with, and the projects we work on together.
Accounts Payable processor (Current Employee) –  200 E. Lies Rd. Carol Stream, IL. 60188September 16, 2016
having accepted a lateral move from billing admin to accounts payable processor has been a great experience. i enjoy working with the team in problem solving our daily issues in relation to invoice error and communications with branches and vendors. everyone on the team brings a talent to the group that makes it whole.
Pros
opportunity to work in different departments within the company
Cons
company is down-sizing staff. Job security concerns.
CSC is good company but having less projects.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYSeptember 14, 2016
CSC is a good company to work with but having less projects so after some time learning is little slow.

In CSC work life balance can be maintained very well. Employee satisfaction is pretty good in the company.
N/a
Document Records Manger (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NESeptember 14, 2016
Great company to work for with good people. I was able to improvement my skills and continued to learn new things in different areas.
interesting & challenging
Drafter IV (Former Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CASeptember 13, 2016
Design and redesigned of facility, testing, ECIT, site survey drawings and surveyed site and equipment of the facility. Crated a new drafting standardization for the Drafting Department.
Pros
great pay
Cons
N/A
Work from home
VMware/Windows Administrator (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 11, 2016
Allows working from home.
Currently looking to off-shore as many positions as possible.
Unstable management as reporting managers constantly change.
No Comment
Corporate Global Procurement Lead (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 11, 2016
I have no comment on this company at this time. I don't like to provide public evals of a company due to potential blowback. Sorry but that is a real concern.
CSC is an equal opporturnity employer
PeopleSoft (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 10, 2016
Learned to work with people having great knowlege and experience and different technologies/domains. PeopleSoft HCM NA Payroll, Integration Broker, MVS.
Pros
Good projects
Cons
Short breaks
Steer clear...
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2016
It's a meat grinder much like any global systems integrator. They are acquiring companies using free cash flow non-stop and cutting key employees while looking over promotions and pay raises of top performers under the auspices of "poor overall company performance". They are incapable of adjusting to market demand changes and have not correctly identified who their clients should be. There are better places to work.
Unorganized work environment
Funding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 6, 2016
I had a wonderful supervisor here. I had a laid back atmosphere but the upper management sucked!!!! They were very unorganized, did not care about there employees or there management staff.
Nice place to work for
Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 4, 2016
100% phone support I work 2 different accounts, need to complete the call within a 8 -11 minute time frame, can't always be accomplished when trying to troubleshoot certain issues.

I have learned a great deal since starting here, Office 365, Skype, Iphones and Andoids.

My immediate manager is great, he will try to accommodate your schedule as need be.

As like in any place one works there are always a couple of people who are not team players but overall they are good people.

The hardest part of the job is completing some calls in less than 11 minutes.

I like what I do I enjoy helping people and having them happy when we end a call.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Takes to long to become permanent.
Fun job
Security - Philadelphia Eagles (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, NJ, DELAWAREAugust 29, 2016
Very flexible work schedule. Can work various events: concerts, college sports, NASCAR, MSL soccer, special events. Must work Eagles home games.
Part time with unlimited hours. Friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Friendly people, exciting venues, work when you want to.
Cons
Low pay, sometimes long hours
Exciting and goal focused
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GA 30281August 24, 2016
The tasks required were fairly demanding, however, the nature of the job allowed room for individuality and competition, which allowed us to stay focus on the tasks and goal at hand.
Great for learning and entry level, not so great for salary/experienced
Consultant, Programer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Municipio de Isabela, PRAugust 24, 2016
You arrive, grab the phone, call the client, give any updates on your progress, listen to their new findings annotate new requirements.

Keep programming, create documentation, see no rewards (you need to perform well over 100% to get minuscule performance bonus to your salary, but you do get them), receive email reprimands when you are not to standard, keep programming, call the client, setup meeting, make the company millionaire.

Basically if you start here work hard to improve yourself, educate, get few years of experience and move on quickly.
Job changes continuously making it impossible to meet Quota
Enterprise Software Sales (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 23, 2016
No job security. Continuous layoffs. Vacations ended. Tenured employees not friendly to new hires. Terrible onboarding. Continuous changing of roles. the tenured folks know how to play the game to keep their jobs. No loyalty. No time given to complete sales cycle before you are part of staff reduction. Sr Mgmt has no idea of what is really going on or if they do, they dont care.
Pros
Great supervisor
Cons
Limited travel, mgmt has no clue, set up for failure.
Great company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 23, 2016
CSC is a great company to work for. You work a lot of events. You do get breaks. You do have to pay attention to your surroundings. You will experience your typical fan. You come across all kinds of situations. You just have to keep your cool and assess the situation.
Pros
You learn how to move crowds quickly and safely.
Cons
You will be on your feet for hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSC. Our community is ready to answer.