CSC Employee Reviews

Found 1,483 reviews matching the search
Overall Good Company
Engineering Tech IIl (Former Employee) –  Patuxent River, MDJuly 27, 2017
Overall good company to work for.
Work life balance is great with this company. they believe in family time and not all work.

Liked CWS work Schedule

Management easy to work with.
A day in the life of CSC
Sr. Business Analyst and Sr. Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PA 19087July 24, 2017
A day in the life of CSC is better than most. A typical day at work is about average. It is more demanding with there is travel requirement for project work.
fun workpace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 24, 2017
great place to work with great benefits, very friendly people, your able to balance your work life and personal life your also able to take off when need to
productive and team work ethic
Security Guard/Staff Event (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 23, 2017
-you can choose what days to work and what events to work for
-the pay is good plus a lot of mandatory overtime within the even your working at
-you can interact with the public at the event and provide costumer service to the event
Pros
free lunch breaks
Cons
checks issued every two weeks
Typical defense contractor, now defunct
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 20, 2017
Provided a lot of poor services, to ensure follow-on contracts were needed. Management was very autocratic. Benefits ebbed and flowed with labor demand, but ultimately eroded. Workplace was a place of work. After halving the world-wide workfoce a few years ago, they were bought out by DXC.
Pros
Plenty of job choices within the company
Cons
Big, autocratic institution
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 18, 2017
Although I have a great work/life balance, a great relationship with coworkers and manager; I have not had the opportunity for job advancement nor a raise in the last 4 years. Even with excellent performance reviews it's been a constant battle for any kind of pay raise within this company. Any training I have completed has been on my own terms since there is no actual training program, everything I have learned has been mostly self taught with little guidance from seniority. Most approvals from upper management are denied for offsite training since the company cares more about numbers than employee growth.
Pros
flexible schedule, flexible vacation, remote work
Cons
no job advancement, lack of pay raise, job security, lack of training, Upper Management does not care about employees
relaxed workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJuly 14, 2017
the staff was always polite, management take was polite. helped me learn more about the call center environment. the trainers were very polite and friendly.
Excellent place to work prior to management changes
Scientist Principal Leader (Former Employee) –  Huntsville ALJuly 11, 2017
Work place culture was more family conscious prior to management changes to include more of the Washington DC managers at the Huntsville AL office/operation. Still I enjoyed my job.
Fast-paced work, bad management
Associate Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCJuly 10, 2017
The work itself isn't bad but management is horrible. They didn't manage new hires well and messed up my paychecks more than once; I didn't receive my first paycheck for 1 month due to my supervisor holding my passwords from me and then telling me the incorrect information.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short to no breaks, customers angry at management, lazy management
great for Events
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2017
If you like hockey, football and concerts..go for it. long hours of standing on your feet. But, you may get to enjoy the event if ur post is inside in the AC. But, dont talk to any of the hockey or artist u will surely get FIRED. Saw several do just that...after being told repeated NOT to.
Management was a problem.
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  Flight Simulation Hood Army Airfield Fort Hood, TXJuly 5, 2017
Local management was the entire problem that we saw with the company. Constant shift rotation, Unequal treatment by management as it came to job duties.
Pros
Cons
Unstable managment.
Fast place ! Hot !
Qaulity control (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 5, 2017
Very hot place working with ovens didn't bother me at all! Nice break room ! Nice people ! Very clean place smelled so good! Hair nets required ! Supervisors great! Breaks short !
Pros
Fun
Well establish GOV contractor
Business Analyst / Project Management (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2017
The client always right is the mentality in CSC. They cater to their client -- the US GOV, mostly military. Contractors do not enjoy the same protection and are not covered by civil service regulations, thus are the first to be let go and singled out (CONTRACTOR can be a dirty work to most GOV Civilians) and with NO protection, we are EASY PREY.
Fun workplace
Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2017
I really enjoy the job. Im always inside the building making sure people is in they correct sit. The manager is a very cool person. I love workin with a team.
Does not give you opportunity for advancement
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, IL 62650June 28, 2017
They do not offer room for advancement and expect you to do whatever they want when they want with out compensation.

Trying to get time off is like pulling teeth.
Pros
co-workers are GREAT
Cons
work load for little compensation
enjoyed work different now then then
Internship (Former Employee) –  h & r block camdenJune 28, 2017
This job changed since I was there. they do not get many hours and only work like 1 to 2 months out of year. they are paid better but not enough hours to work.
Working procedures where change almost on daily bases, you were informed by an email. Which you don't have time to be reading due to the numerous phon
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE III (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 27, 2017
Very stressfull place to work, management very rude didn't like to help employees with job related questions. never new what they were doing , changing working procedures almost every day, a really nightmere.
Pros
free lunches once in a while, when you were forced to work during your lunch hours.
Cons
They have issues if you have to use the restrooms out of your break times.
Smart people
Principal (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2017
CSC is a great place to work. The environment is highly technical and attracts great talent. If the quarterly numbers are not met, expect immediate lay-offs, no tolerance for missing numbers for Wallstreet.
My first job out of college and it was very rewarding
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 24, 2017
My recollection of working at CSC will be a bit fuzzy, being that I've not worked there in 36 years.

A typical day was to work on my coding projects.

I learned working as part of a team.

Management was always fair

Workplace was relaxed.

Hardest part was the documentation. I'm not a very good writer.

The most enjoyable part was working on NASA related project.
Pros
Working with NASA
Cons
All those punch cards
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 17, 2017
Management needs to be replaced. This place is a revolving door and so unprofessional. The people they hire usually have no IT or desk supporr experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSC. Our community is ready to answer.