CSC
1,401 reviews

CSC United States Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Area Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 26, 2015
Some shake in management over last few years caused some lack of direction. Did a reorganization a few years ago and still going thru that reorg. No real room for advancement if you are out sourced except at the higher levels.
It was a job...
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee), Rensselaer, NYApril 24, 2015
Pros: paychecks
Cons: Awful work hours
In my position at CSC, the rewards for doing a good job were indistinguishable from the punishment for doing a bad job.

Overall they filled a void in my life at the time, which was a paycheck. There are far better employers out there.
Great Opportunity
Computer Support Administrator (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 23, 2015
Pros: Sky is the limit when it comes to gain experience
Cons: You may never meet face to face with your finance manager. communication will 99% be via emails, phone calls and video conference
Computer Science Corporation is one of the great company out there supporting federal and large corporation on the Information Technology level. I am blessed of been a part of the CSC family. Unfortunately; the Federal branch that I'm currently working for CSC is parting away with a smaller corporation. Sadly; I am going to be transfer to the new corporation.
Lots of room for advancement
Scanner Tech Team Leader (Former Employee), Essex, MDApril 23, 2015
Pros: Lots of room for advancement
Cons: Job ended too soon
Providing Leadership, Supervision and Guidance to employees scanning census forms thru Kodak 9600D Document Scanners. Troubleshooting both technical and non-technical problem on Kodak 9600D Document Scanners and Dell Computers. Schedule, Reviewed and Audited payroll of employees to ensure accuracy of wages and hours. Routinely interacted with suppliers and vendors. Interface with help desk analyst.
Appointed Warehouse Team Leader. Supervised 30+ employees, and reconfigured warehouse for easier operations.
Appointed Bureau of Census Representative by the Department of Commerce.
Qualified in forms destruction (title 13), Bureau of Census.
Senior IT professional specializing in Windows environment.
Senior Production Engineer (Former Employee), Oak Brook IL and Sterling Heights MIApril 23, 2015
Enjoyed working for CSC. Supported two major clients over the 15 years--one in hospitality and the other a government supplier. Very high paced environments.

Worked independently as well as on projects teams. Performed server administration, optimization, refreshed desktops, deployed software to servers and desktops. Local management allowed me to continue to grow over the years and build strong customer relationships.
no structure
security guard (Current Employee), torrance,caApril 22, 2015
Pros: get to see good concerts
Cons: breaks are bad
there is no room for growth the management don't care for employees breaks are not given right and play a lot of favoritetism
fun
Event Staff (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 21, 2015
it's not enough hours to pay any bills and we only get fed sandwiches and chips. it's ok for a high school student but not really for an adult that have bills to pay. other than that it's alright. we do not get any breaks but a lunch break.
Was a great company to work for
It Consultant III / Costumer Service Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: drive
Customer satisfaction was priority number one
Networking and Linux
Management was great to work for
still have great coworker friends
drive
clients
Productive and continuous learning
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTApril 18, 2015
Work volume is high as usual at client site. My whole day passes doing all the technical stuff and I never realize that its time to go home.

After getting home, again have to denote couple of hours to work.

Co- workers are very helpful - both in professional and personal ways.

Hardest part of the job is to devote time to it after getting home.

Most enjoyable part is the time spent in office with our manager and other co workers that make the things look so easy (which aren't actually). And of course the lunch table where we gossip and discuss things other than work.
cant get rich working for this job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Torrance, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: meeting beautiful women of all nationalities
Cons: they dont give you proper break times
The best part of working for csc is going to the concerts of music and seeing recording artist I wouldn't normally listen too
Chaos
Human Resources (Current Employee), VirginiaApril 14, 2015
Some good people but constant change and broken processes make it hard to succeed. Budget cuts and staff cuts result in everyone overloaded.
Career
Program Management Associate (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 13, 2015
This company has opportunities for advancement, while continuously providing learning opportunities for their employees.
Productive, challenging, changing work environment.
Principal: Project/Program Management (Transition) (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAApril 12, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, great salary
Cons: none to note
CSC provides a very challenging work environment. With nearly 30 years in the Company I have worked with a variety of co-workers and had a number of Managers. I've found most if not all of my peers a pleasure to work as I work well with people vertically and horizontally within the Organization. Sr. Management and Sr. Leadership have provided valuable mentorship to me over the years. Working as a Federal Government Contractor has been both challenging and rewarding. The culture and direction of the Compay is changing, morphing. I am potentially ready for a change. I don't necessarily need a change. But, I am searching to evaluate what is available in the Roseland, VA area.
Has been a great place to work
Professional - Technical Lead (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhioApril 12, 2015
Good work life balance. Have good exposure to clients and work is very challenging.
Had a good learning from my team mates and managers on various skills to be a competitive resource.
Management is good and will understand the employee needs
Co-workers are great. Very helpful and creates a healthy environment to work.
Job would demand more accountability and commitment which at times would be tough to deliver and meet the expectations
Being part of our project is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Excellent company
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAApril 11, 2015
I worked for CSC just over two years while assigned to overseas combat zones. I was well taken care of and had no issues with policies and reimbursements for expenses in travel, etc.

I would recommend the company anytime.
Questionable HR actions
Team member (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSApril 11, 2015
Pros: decent 401, health, and benefits package
Cons: unfamiliar with team building concepts
Management is "cutting the fat" at lower levels (Reduction in Force), but applying pay raises and bonus at upper levels not based on performance.
Already Reviewed
BDev (Former Employee), USApril 9, 2015
Have already reviewed. Poor leadership and massive layoffs, constantly, on a quarterly basis despite having an extremely talented, specialized workforce.
CSC is one the best company to work
Senior SAP Consultant - Lead (Former Employee), USAApril 7, 2015
It is good to work with CSC
Work environement also good
Most enjoyable company
Love to work again
Management is good
Play cricket in CSC
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Brea, CAApril 7, 2015
Beckman Coulter, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. They are one of the world leaders in medical laboratory equipment’s manufacturer. Beckman is currently using Oracle 11i and planning to migrate to Oracle R12. As part of this project, we are doing an end to end functional testing for all the EDI customizations in Oracle R12 instance
Exciting place to work
Human Resource Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great opportunity for global career growth
Cons: None
Thoroughly enjoyed working for a small division within CSC. Our office location was on Naval Air Station North Island.

Great employees, great location.

The most enjoyable part of this job was learning specific Service Contract Act (SCA) positions and recruiting for them.

1 2 3 4 5

About CSC

For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.  Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the – Read more

CSC Salaries