CSC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,306 reviews matching the search
Job changes continuously making it impossible to meet Quota
Enterprise Software Sales (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 23, 2016
No job security. Continuous layoffs. Vacations ended. Tenured employees not friendly to new hires. Terrible onboarding. Continuous changing of roles. the tenured folks know how to play the game to keep their jobs. No loyalty. No time given to complete sales cycle before you are part of staff reduction. Sr Mgmt has no idea of what is really going on or if they do, they dont care.
Pros
Great supervisor
Cons
Limited travel, mgmt has no clue, set up for failure.
Great for learning and entry level, not so great for salary/experienced
Consultant, Programer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Municipio de Isabela, PRAugust 24, 2016
You arrive, grab the phone, call the client, give any updates on your progress, listen to their new findings annotate new requirements.

Keep programming, create documentation, see no rewards (you need to perform well over 100% to get minuscule performance bonus to your salary, but you do get them), receive email reprimands when you are not to standard, keep programming, call the client, setup meeting, make the company millionaire.

Basically if you start here work hard to improve yourself, educate, get few years of experience and move on quickly.
Great job with great travel all over the world
FATS/EST Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairdale, KYAugust 1, 2016
Interesting job maintaining military simulators, travel all over the world, and always varying experiences. Great introduction to Military Contracts. The hardest part was being away quite a bit, but got to see lots of places. I learned lots more about COTS computer parts and networking with lots of other electronics thrown in.
Pros
Travel, meeting new people
Cons
No room for advancement
CSC Consultant with Pratt and Whitney
Business Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 19, 2016
Working to enhance the F22 spare parts jet engine
Learned how Engineers designed aircraft parts
Excellent Management Team
Co Workers were great to work with, very team oriented
No difficulties with the job
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about how different jet engines operated
Pros
Excellent Company to work with
Cons
Only a two contract and wished the contract extended
Limited opportunity to enhance your skills
Professional 2: Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 14, 2016
When I joined CSC, iw as given some very challenging roles and assignments. But later on, I was assigned works which didn't suite my profile and skills. Initial compensation at the time of joining was very good abut after that compensation was stagnate. I enjoyed working with the people in my team and my senior management wasn also a joy to work with.
Won't miss CSC, but I will miss many great friends and colleagues.
Laid Off (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 7, 2016
I had great co-workers and generally enjoyed working there for the most part. Since 2012, I had two very small raises, which did not even cover my property tax increases, despite top annual appraisal ratings every year. The 401k changed to where CSC only pays in annually, so if you leave during the year you lose all company contributions as well as interest you would have earned.
Pros
Good work-life balance, decent benefits, vacation easy to take, flexible holidays.
Cons
Terrible 401k, hard to move up or even laterally.
Worked with some of the best technically proficient people in the business
Senior Professional -- Backup and Storage (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OKAugust 12, 2016
Allowed me to work remotely with minimal supervision. Technical work provided opportunities to interact with account and corporate management by presenting materials and recommendations for creating and improving standards and best practices within the backup and storage 'tower'.
I would liked to have been hired full time at this job. Overall it was a good place to work and the people were great to work with
Data Entry processor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILAugust 12, 2016
I enjoyed the job I had entering data. I learned a lot about the insurance policies as to what is needed before changes happen on the policies. The necessary paperwork needed along with signatures too. If you had any questions you asked and they were great to answer any questions you had. But the hardest part was getting to those places where you needed to ask the questions before they would show you. Once you got the info you were good to go and work till you were content. Management worked with you greatly if you needed time off. It was a fun atmosphere to work with your co-workers. Very clean place to work too.
Pros
Worked at your own pace, people worked with were great, very clean environment, decent pay
Cons
Not much training for job
Worst place I ever worked
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bath, MEAugust 2, 2016
Horrible company, no raises, no management really, just crazy break-fix work constantly as nobody really knows what's going on. Somebody quits and there goes the tribal knowledge only they had. I could go on.
Do not work for this company, run away as fast as you can.
Pros
Cons
bad pay, poor working conditions, lousy benefits (time off, medical).
Busy, productive but fun place to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJuly 19, 2016
Enjoyable place to work. Co-workers that are just like family. Extremely busy. Having to multitask between several different computer programs. Management is very understanding and works with you with your schedule for doctor appointment and family obligations.
Pros
Great hours and location
Cons
healthcare
People are wonderful and hardworking
Clinical Systems Administrator/Analyst/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, GAMay 13, 2016
Employees are loyal and hardworking but the company seems to have lost the appreciation and value of its most important assets, their employees. Examples, No raises in over 3 years, Reducing work force when contracts end giving no bench to draw from when new clients onboard and providing no job security.
Pros
great people
Cons
long hard hours without compensation or appreciation or loyalty to the employee from the company
terrible place to work BEWARE**
senior acoount rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILMay 12, 2016
CSC Jacksonville I'll is a terrible place to work. Forced overtime. Penalties for not working it. Management is a group of highschool acting girls who would rather online shop then help their employees. Accordia is a joke. No one gets their money, checks bounce, elderly people calking crying all the time. This company is a rip off all the way around. Glad I walked out and never looked back
Pros
Cons
everything
temp job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYJune 27, 2016
typical day at work - data entry for open enrollment for Part D applications

management - pretty much nonexistent

co-workers - stayed pretty much to themselves, they knew I was going to be there for a short time, what was the point of including me

hardest and best part of job - I was only there for 4 months
Pros
left alone for the
Cons
temp job, long commute
Great company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 23, 2016
CSC is a great company to work for. You work a lot of events. You do get breaks. You do have to pay attention to your surroundings. You will experience your typical fan. You come across all kinds of situations. You just have to keep your cool and assess the situation.
Pros
You learn how to move crowds quickly and safely.
Cons
You will be on your feet for hours.
Productive and a fun place to work
Accounting and Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJune 6, 2016
CSC is a good place to work for, I like my co workers and I have met some really awesome people in different departments. I have learned a lot about insurance that I never knew and it had open a door for opportunity in moving up in to a potential full time position
Pros
I can leave when It's my time to leave
Cons
It's repetitive same thing over and over
great place to grow
machine operator (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 20, 2016
working at CSC has taught me the discipline i needed to become a better worker
learned a lot of new skills that could potentially be used to grow in the company
management is okay
coworkers are great we all come there to do our job and go home. while trying to keep in enjoyable
nothing about the job is hard as long as you are willing to do the work
Excellent exposure to VIP clients
On-site Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  AsunciónMay 12, 2016
Constantly interacting with customers supporting their mission in South America. opening tickets for every technical issue both Hardware and software. I learned a great deal with the way operations are managed working in an international environment.
I had a great teamwork environment that supported all of the technical staff working overseas. Hardest part of the work was the immediate adjustment to moving to a different country and learning how to get around. The most enjoyable part was seeing the positive impact my hard work provided to clients making sure that their mission was rarely interrupted.
Pros
Challenges were met everyday both work and life
Cons
job security was always an issue due to contract changes almost every two years
great team approach- doing supply chain savings and readying the MedStar ORs for computerized charting and billing
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  MedStar project, Washington D.C. and Baltimore,Md.July 5, 2016
worked with a great team who taught me about supply chain and OR billing and scheduling and supplies.
Learned to use ACCESS and EXCEL, PIVOT TABLES,SOME CRYSTAL REPORTS, and PROJECT(Microsoft programs)
Pros
great team work
Cons
no cons
It's a good place to work who wants to learn more work
Qlikview developer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 29, 2016
it's very good place , And CEO behaves like a friend with us ,place also very comfortable to be free free,
here work is more but best suited place to , who wants to learn more skills and every thing , they leave us freely to do work they will not put presser on head
Pros
yeah it's free from tention
Cons
Exciting work environment. I was very productive when it came to my work preformance...
CS Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJAugust 17, 2016
Always stay focus. Assist where it's needed.
Be respectful toward others. Always be on time. Teamwork is your main goals..

Your priorities are a must. If you want to be productive in the wok forces.
Pros
None free lunches
Cons
26 mins break were required b

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSC. Our community is ready to answer.