CSC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,270 reviews matching the search
Keep it private
Global CTO Manufacturing industries (Former Employee) –  GlobalJune 30, 2016
My reviews are private and not to be published
Great people,
Work culture could be better however work ethics are strong.

long time experience in technology.

Thanks
An Experience to remember
SENIOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 30, 2016
Very High stress position, a great test to yourself, this is a call center environment, 7min call resolution turn around is desired, as a previous admin and level 3 tech this was a challenge, and after 4 years I feel a success.
Your Just a Number
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 28, 2016
Left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Despite good performance reviews, never got a raise in 8 years of employment. Even after taking over the work of 3 other people they had laid off and did not replace. Only to be laid off myself. They force you to take vacation when they want you to and not when you want to take it. They made managers take 2 weeks off before April 1st this year, prior to accumilating the hours to cover the time off. Many of those managers who got laid off on June 1st, had a negative vacation balance because of this forced action. This meant that they had the negative vacation balance deducted from their last paycheck. I also worked 50 to 60 hours a week for upper management to get their bonuses. Now with at least one analyst saying with the purchase of HP Enterprises an estimated 65,000 will lose their jobs between the 2 companies. Good Luck to anyone that takes the gamble and goes to work for CSC.
Pros
Healthcare savings credits
Cons
Low pay, no raises, doing the work of numerous people, no appreciation of their employees
Great atmosphere
Event security (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 28, 2016
Very fun environment especially when working professional sporting events. Had great leaders that helped us get the job done. Told us the right places to be at the right time.
Pros
fun environment, breaks
Cons
Lots of standing
Ever changing IT environment
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Municipio de Isabela, PRJune 27, 2016
It's a great place to learn new technologies and interact with highly technical individuals from many different practices in the Information Technology world.

The online tutorial based CSC University program is really good.
Pros
Exposure to high level IT Enterprises
Cons
Growing opportunities
Wouldn't recommend working for CSC
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 24, 2016
I wouldn't recommend working for CSC, they aren't a company that appreciates their employee, they are company that continuously lays people off and puts more work on the rest of their employees. Which causes quality of work to deteriorate significantly.
Cons
Job security
A wonderful place to work if you enjoy sports.
Customer service, Usher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2016
It was an okay place to work. I was able to interact with the customers and ensure that they had a great experience while watching football.
Decent company that tries to retain it's employees.
Solutions Architect for Ingersoll-Rand (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 23, 2016
CSC was a good company to work for and they attempted to turn it profitable after some tough years. During my time there they always attempted to train the employees to keep them current with technology and whenever possible chose alternative methods to layoffs to remain profitable. Unfortunately that could not save me during the recent merger with HP and I'm currently on the market for a new position due to a reduction in force. I have no hard feelings towards the management of the company as they were great to work with and genuinely wanted to make the employees successful. I walked away with an AWS Solutions Architect certification and a severance to help me during my time searching for a new job; if given the opportunity I'd definitely work for them again.
Pros
Training and certification.
Cons
Difficult time maintaining profitability.
A bridge between Dyncorp
Aircraft QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 22, 2016
Not much difference between Dyncorp and CSC since the local management was the same when the contract was taken over. Management earns four stars because of the upper management, the local management was not that great.
great place to grow
machine operator (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 20, 2016
working at CSC has taught me the discipline i needed to become a better worker
learned a lot of new skills that could potentially be used to grow in the company
management is okay
coworkers are great we all come there to do our job and go home. while trying to keep in enjoyable
nothing about the job is hard as long as you are willing to do the work
no comment
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJune 19, 2016
the term of 'left hand meet the right hand' describes CSC. It depended what day of the week it was and what time it was on how to handle processing
Pros
mostly good employees to work with. few exceptions
Cons
dont make waves
Good place for work life balance but bad for new technologies/pkg
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 17, 2016
You should not ALWAYS look for work life balance. Life should be a bit challenging as well, so that at the end you get money, satisfaction, better future opportunities.

CSC is not one of those company.
Won't miss CSC, but I will miss many great friends and colleagues.
Laid Off (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 7, 2016
I had great co-workers and generally enjoyed working there for the most part. Since 2012, I had two very small raises, which did not even cover my property tax increases, despite top annual appraisal ratings every year. The 401k changed to where CSC only pays in annually, so if you leave during the year you lose all company contributions as well as interest you would have earned.
Pros
Good work-life balance, decent benefits, vacation easy to take, flexible holidays.
Cons
Terrible 401k, hard to move up or even laterally.
Productive and a fun place to work
Accounting and Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJune 6, 2016
CSC is a good place to work for, I like my co workers and I have met some really awesome people in different departments. I have learned a lot about insurance that I never knew and it had open a door for opportunity in moving up in to a potential full time position
Pros
I can leave when It's my time to leave
Cons
It's repetitive same thing over and over
working here
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 5, 2016
the office is busy and keeps you on your toes all day with customers asking a myriad of questions that we have been well trained to respond to.
Terrible workplace, lowest morale of workers I have ever seen.
IT Manager ( Supervisor Operations) (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 4, 2016
Truly just a number at this company and if you advance in salary you will be targeted. No raises for the workers but upper mgmt still get bonuses.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything else
People are not it greatest resource
Delivery Executive (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 1, 2016
Offshoring work is wrong for CSC and wrong for its clients.
Sales teams are not in touch with the service teams.
Some of the best technical people are being let go for offshore support that lacks the ability to support the clients.
Cons
By offshoring resources, the clients suffer and don't renew contracts.
A work place with some great opportunities
Senior Principal Architect (Current Employee) –  Chicagoland Area, ILJune 1, 2016
At CSC, there are always great new and challenging opportunities to apply oneself. Anyone, who is up to new challenges, is likely to find a match for their professional ambitions.
Pros
A lot of interesting projects
Not easy to get pay raises.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 26, 2016
I have not received a pay raise in 3 years due to company cost cutting proceedures. The company has some great people that work for it. The benefits package is pretty good although the salary is not that impressive.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, healthcare, 401k
Cons
Very difficult to get internal jobs.
good to work in csc
Performance Engineer (Former Employee) –  INMay 24, 2016
It is good place to learn for freshers , management was very good in handling freshers and giving necessary training to meet the goals.cheers for that