CSC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,270 reviews matching the search
Line employees are great. Management leaves much to be desired.
Senior Information Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 9, 2016
Company has been focused on increasing it's stock price over the last few years. As a result stock prices have increased, but at the expense of the morale of the employees that make the company what it is. Employees have been been asked to forgo raises while somehow management finds the money to purchase companies to add to the CSC portfolio. I find it odd that folks actually doing the work are asked to sacrifice while the folks making the "decisions" do not. Upper management receive their bonuses while line employees are lucky to receive a sincere pat on the back. This could be a great company. Emphasis on could.
Pros
The people I worked with.
Cons
Low pay and poor management.
Comprised of dedicated, hardworking people
Senior Professional Sales Solutions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 26, 2016
CSC is a large dynamic company full of great people. Everyone I have worked with has been extremely helpful, dedicated and professional. The company provides a nice balance between work and home life - offering flexible hours and remote work opportunities. However, higher level management constantly changes employee incentive plans and vacation policies - and not always for the better. While raises used to be the norm, they have become a rare occurrence as of late.
Pros
Flexible hours; great team members
Cons
Lack of raises; employee policies always changing
Worst Management Ever, Bad organizational culture
On-Site Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  Bogotá, CUNOctober 30, 2015
This company treats it's employees like they are all crooks and does not stand up for them. If you want a knife in the back come work here.

The pay was good for this site, not sure how CSC stacks up in other locations. The benefits were pretty good. The back and forth on whether you got paid for overtime was confusing. Such argument over such little money.

The management was some of the worst I have ever worked with especially in the USSOUTHCOM AOR (TCSC). Every decision is made not in the employees favor even when it would not hurt the customer.

Bad work place culture if you were not in the in click don't make a suggestion because you will get yelled at. I practically got fired just for suggesting a HelpDesk Management product.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Benefits
Cons
Bad Management
Program Manager / Senior IT Strategy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 1, 2015
To a large degree, mid-level management that has lingered around within the company for numerous years consists of persons that hinder the progress/advancement of the company as a whole. And, attempts to bring in innovative, forward-thinkers are thwarted by an inability to rid the company of those who either function behind the times or who are unskilled. The innovative, forward-thinkers who do sign-on to the company, normally either leave shortly after arriving or are pushed out of the company by those who feel threatened by them, at the first opportunity they have (when they feel upper-level management is not "watching").
Pros
Cons
Culture at the middle management level
A great place to grow in experience and responsibility
Principal Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Newington, VADecember 30, 2015
CSRA (Formerly CSC) is a very rewarding place to work. There is an open door policy from you immediate supervisor up to and including the CEO. There are plenty of opportunities to expand your career horizon. As in all places this depends primarily on your own initiative. But I found that there was always avenues open for my exploration and advancement.
Pros
Great educational possibilities, Forward-looking executives
Cons
Many organizational changes
strong growing company
Collector III (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 23, 2016
A typical day at work there involved a very high volume of call in which customer were not aware their loans were sold.

I learned to listed to the customer. then after they spoke I explain to them they had a new lein holder and nothing basically had changed.

Management was great if you had a question they were their for you.

My co workers were also very helpful if you needed anything or assistance with faxing documents because the new employees had limited access.

The hardest part of this job was that the portfolio had not been divided yet and you were handling farm account where they only paid once every six months to accounts that were delinquent fro 30 days to 120 days. You were just all over the place with the delinquencies.

The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone was happy here and it made the learning experience a rewarding team effort. I really like working here.
Pros
subject to change everyday could be expected/always learning
Cons
break time flys by too fast
Positive and Uplifting
Sr Systs Analyst/Senior Comp Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2016
CSC gives a person the the ability to expand their horizons and build on their education and experience. The work place is developmental and always improving to aid the employee and the experience. I would continue to work for CSC if I could, But contracts as they are do change. Although CSC does its level best to either keep you as an employee or assists you in reaching other gainful employment.
Pros
Benefits are great. People are great to work with. Knowledgable
Cons
Contract work is not infinite. It does end.
Workplace Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 28, 2016
CSC offers flexible hours and is a great place to work if you are concerned with work life balance. The company has a very diverse culture and creates opportunities to grow and even expand into locations all across the US.
Worldwide Trainer for U.S. Military Weapons Simulators
Technical Trainer, Sr. Professional (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 21, 2016
I have trained over 1,000 soldiers in the installation, operation, troubleshooting, and diagnostics of a primary small arms simulator platform, throughout the world. I have been doing this for the last 15 years on a contract with the government. Being a military retiree, and having trained over 100,000 Airborne troops, during my career, I get to continue to train military personnel on a daily basis, which is a reward, by itself.
Pros
Working with soldiers, active duty, guard, and reserve
Cons
The position/work can end with little notice, at the whim of the government.
Dynamic Company with eye towards the F\guture
project management (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 6, 2015
Dynamic company under significant change with vision of agility to change and being on the leading edge of industry/client needs.

There is opportunity to wear multiple hats and the training available is top notch.

The company culture fosters collaboration and helping one another.
Pros
Training, co-workers
Cons
Healthcare, Work/life balance
Not a great company to work for
Business Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parsipanny NjOctober 8, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive co-workers. Poor compensation and benefits. Long work hours, there was no work-life balance. Lots of opportunities for advancement for people who don't care much about ethics in general. Very unprofessional management.
Pros
people
Cons
compensation, benefits
Life of a contractor
GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR - SR PROFESSIONAL HR (Current Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSSeptember 15, 2015
Contracts end. There is no way around it. Even if it gets renewed, the customer may not want to buy as much of the service as they did last time. If your looking for job security, look at how much is left on the contract. Other than that, you get to work on some amazing projects and with amazing people.
Pros
Good work life balance, benefits and educational opportunities
Cons
C suite works in a vacum, please get info from the program managers before placing bids
a line of defense, comfortable friendly admosphere
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day was to supervise background checks, I learned that data entry is very important it could cause a life. the management team is professional and my agents were a pleasure to work with and for. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the diverse types of attitudes and the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to reward my team for a job well done.
Pros
that both site managers that was there doing my time frame really cared
Cons
the agents that did not care just wanted a pay check
Excellent comp/benefits; lacking in work/life balance
Database Administrator/Architect/Developer (Former Employee) –  Norco, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Great comp and benefits; work/life balance was absent - weekends and nights mandatory due to tight project timelines (Agile methodology used).
Overworked under appreciated
Project Manager - General Dynamics Bath Iron Works (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 18, 2015
Coworkers are great intelligent competent individuals. Management is not supportive. Low compensation for work performed, no advancement or acknowledgement, very poor work life balance.
Pros
remote
Cons
expensive health benefits, low leave for 6 years, poor management
More Holes than Swiss Cheese
Associate Professional System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2016
Anyone who has worked at CSC --- current and previously HATES it there.

This is going to be my honest review. If you meet anyone who has ever worked there, you will hear the same thing. On the interview, they will promise you things and never follow through. I left my previous position because I was advised I would gain more experience in Unix, Archiving, System Admin and there would be continuous training opportunities and classes available. But the truth was this wasn't the case. I sat around for 6 weeks doing nothing because they had issues with obtain access. Either paperwork was submitted on time, at all or not together at one time. For months, I had no clue what I was suppose to be doing. It was never clear what their expectations of you were.

I loved my coworkers, but everyone was under managed and given little direction on what our work was. They fired all the legacy workers that were suppose to train us. They were either let go before we got there or in the middle of our training. Training was then left in complete and you were forced to figure out how to do your job, even if you didn't have access to some of the servers or knew what program they used to generate tickets.

People were thrown on on-call without little noticed and up to weeks at a time. You are not permitted to work from home unless it was approved by a manager and most cases if you were on-call and were up throughout the night, you are expected to drive to the office the following morning. Some people were working up to 50-100 hours with little sleep and if you aren't able to make it in because
  more... you're sick, need a day off because you were working for 10 straight days, or needed to work from home because you were too tired to drive in, they would force you to your sick/vacation time (even if you were working from home).

We weren't permitted to talk to our clients about our need for training on their software.

They instituted a POD system that broke up teams ie. Backups, Windows, Unix, and etc into several groups where everyone had to report to different managers who knew nothing about their teams. So, there would be a Team Meeting for your POD color and then a separate one for your original team which made you report to a manager, a lead, and then a pod manager. You never knew who was suppose to approve your time. You end up attaching multiple people to emails and timecards for approvals.

Managers were also swapped onto different accounts and POD teams. They had no access to your accounts and were basically useless other than being HR reps. In the Pittsburgh office, there is no HR department.

It was a revolving door of employees either quitting from frustration, lack of direction or they were fired. They stated that the building was hold 600 employees, but weren't able to break 150 because of the continuous because people were always leaving. Some weeks up to 10 people would leave while some weeks maybe one person left. The lack of people would put more pressure on the teams that hemorrhaging because of the lack of people, but they were expected to put more hours and do more work without questioned.

There are no promotions nor raise in salary. My trainer worked there for 8 years and never received a raised, but the CFOs and stakeholders would receive their yearly bonuses.

Most client accounts are exempt from the national holiday schedule. So expect to work all but 5 days... Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Day and New Years Eve and Day.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No Work from Home, On-Call, Management, Wage, Expectations
Sr. Project/Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 12, 2016
Good team work, responsible management and the company is family oriented. Good team work and support. Good management support, teamwork and good culture.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
The people working in the field are the best part of CSC
Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 5, 2016
CSC was a great place to work but over the past few years but the global transformation and financial challenges have impacted the culture. The opportunities in the field still give people a chance to do and try new things and make a difference.
Pros
The people working in the field are great and hard working
Cons
Sr Leadership needs to find other ways to grow CSC not just cut people for better OI
Stressful Job
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJanuary 19, 2016
Csc is an extremely stressful place to work. We work with life insurance. A typical day consists of sitting in your cubical answering 50+ calls a day and putting in and processing work. The Hardest part of my job is not being aloud to get up and move around, and also the emotions that come with the calls. Most callers are upset or angry. The most enjoyable part is definitaly my co-workers, they are such an amazing group of people, and always willing to help in any way that they can.
Pros
Great co-workers, Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Stressful, Managers are not very helpful.
Didn't stay around long. Happy I left. Pittsburgh Location
System Admin (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 4, 2015
Your work/life balance depends on the client. There are not many clients supported out of Pittsburgh and you will probably be on the same one as everyone else.

Upper management doesn't care about your work/life balance. If the client wants you to work 10 weekends, holiday weekends, holidays, someone has to do it.

A lot of processes and so many that no one really understood them all.

On-call is very taxing. You will get called at all hours, expect to never sleep. CSC ddoesn't provide mobile phones or tethering.

Same assortment of tasks day in, day out. Can learn everything in a few weeks.

No career paths, unclear expectations from client to CSC management to CSC employees.

Managers talk smack on employees and walk around in pairs doing so. They act your friend until they find something to pin against you.

Directors (above managers) are very out of touch with staff and technology.

Location was a large, mostly desolate rectangle.
A lot of empty cubicles. Restrooms lacked soap, toilet paper, and toilet seat covers at times.

Lunch room has a store with overpriced items. Coffee comes out of a single packet.
Pros
A lot of options for lunch in the strip district and pittsburgh.
Cons
see review