CSC Employee Reviews

Found 1,397 reviews matching the search
Life is what you make it.
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 28, 2016
Was there 17 years and if work ever got dull you could move to something else and get training.for your new journey.
Met some extraordinary people in my time there.
A good starting job and career development / builder.
Understands the customer and tries to Wow them.
Co-workers for the most part worked as a team which was great.
Nothing really was hard for me because it either can be done or it can't.. The time frames to get things done was sometimes a big challenge.
There was a time when the bean counters did not have to be so bottom line, appreciated worker more,.and showed there appreciation with awards and bonuses.
Pros
Tools needed to advance in career
Cons
So much chane going on
CSC is in a difficult situation with declining revenue/market share. It is rapidly off shoring US jobs to boost net income. Morale is very low.
Finance Manager/Principal (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEDecember 29, 2016
CSC is struggling to adapt to the IT outsourcing market which has rapidly changed and matured. Having once been the dominant competitor in this market, It now finds itself increasingly marginalized due to changing market demands and more nimble competition.

CSC has a dedicated and hard-working US staff that has remained loyal to the company through hard times. I am proud of my colleagues and have many positive working relationships. Decisions to off shore most US-based positions, however, has alienated the US workforce and deeply hurt morale.
Awsome
carnegie science center (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 10, 2017
One of the best job experiences ever! The atmosphere!! There are so many things to do at the science center. I presented a lot example: the obitron, the robots exhibit. I also presented sea creatures, education about the solar system learning about the body. When there was the bodies display. There are so many different things to explore at this place you can take your family and friends. Theres food, the theater, gifts shop. There is also a building that is connected to the science center called the sports works evolves climbing, a three D rollercoaster, trampoline just so many exciting things to do. Fun fun!
Pros
meeting different people everyday! learning
Demanding Culture
Senior Professional (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 6, 2016
The executive assistant’s job is fast-paced, with many responsibilities....and in this environment, even more so. Change is an understatement. With on-going transformation from year-to-year, minimum assistance on learning new applications causing a delay in getting things accomplished. Constant RIF's which boils down to the making the numbers. No work-life balance, high demands, and little respect for scheduled time off at all levels. This is a hard working culture with a tremendous sacrifice to one's personal life.
Computer Sciences Corporation
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasDecember 3, 2016
CSC at one point was a very good company to work for and had exceptional people and management. That however is no longer true and I would encourage anyone who is looking for employment and if they have other options please exercise your other options. This is not a corporation that you want to hang your hat on but if you need an opportunity to use it as a stepping stone then I would say that would be okay otherwise I would not recommend CSC as a place to work long-term
Pros
The pay is competitive
Cons
Poor management poor structure
Strict guidelines but training is good and you know what is expected of you.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 27, 2016
Call center with strict scripting to process background checks for customers purchasing firearms. Can only depart from script to ask caller to repeat or spell the customer's name or whatever information you requested. Constantly monitored by FBI and CSC supervisors. You don't have a lot of interaction with co-workers due to strict scripting and constant flow of calls. Hardest part of job is dealing with callers that want to chat and ask where office is located, which we were not allowed to disclose. For the most part, the callers are nice and very efficient in going through the process since they pretty much know the rules.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Can't really think of any.
Exceptional Caring Support for Workers/Individualized Motivation Welcomed Affirmed
Founder/Servant Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Professional Learning Admin/Clinical Social Work Skills Development
Budget Management
Program Crafting/Organization
Staff Development/Professional Training /Networking
Governmental Operations Coordination/Interfacing
Pros
Health/Dental/Vision/Long Term Care /Retirement Pensions
Cons
No Merit System Ruled by Civil Service
Great place to work people very helpful in helping understand procedure.
Billing Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 18, 2016
My time at CSC has been great very comfortable work environment I have learned alot in the billing aspect of accounting,hardest part so far has just been getting the system to do what everyone wants since it was new to everyone, My mananger/mangagers have been great and the people I work with are very helpful and nice made my job super easy.
Pros
snacks were supplied for when I did not bring my lunch and did not want to go out to get.
Cons
having the department out sourced and having to leave CSC.
Fast paced, good people, interesting work.
LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas,NVDecember 8, 2016
Intense daily activity involving development, planning, implementation and conduct of approved logistics practices in support of government contract operations. Required knowledge of numerous collective bargaining agreements and the ability to balance government requirements with company policy and union work rules.
Pros
Pleasant physical work environment
Cons
Short suspenses
Very good company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2016
Working in all types of area which was Monster Jam, Super cross, NFL and College Games, International soccer, Music Festivals.
Management is nice and professional.
Hardest is standing or sitting in the heat for long period of times.
Enjoyable part of the job is to travel, go places I have never been, cities and states.
I Learned if you know how to do your job you can either move up in a company or make a business of what you have experience in which is security.
Pros
Free Lunch Free
Cons
Heat
CSRA Culture Review
Senior SAP Consultant (Current Employee) –  7000 Lincoln Drive, Marlton, NJOctober 31, 2016
I have been with CSRA for the past four years. Since the first day I started on November 19th, 2012 I felt CSRA (Formally CSC) is the place where one can enhance and sharpen his technical skills. CSRA enjoys a wealth of professionals with wide range of talents that one may learn from.
The work environment is varied and challenging with lots of opportunities for advancement. The management staff is well balanced with people's management skills and technical knowledge.
I am looking forward for a long relationship with CSRA and would love the opportunity to continue my contribution of knowledge and skills for the advancement of this great company.
Pros
Technically advanced environment
Cons
Sometimes the paper work is overdone
Fun Place to work and learn.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, OROctober 22, 2016
I worked at CSC full-time (More than a year)
Pros
The people were great, although a few were given promotions they weren't qualified for. Although unknown to the worker bees at the time, this was likely due to the impending mass lay-offs so there wasn't a point in bringing in someone new who was qualified.
Cons
Massive lay-offs with little to no notification after months of dealing with the rumor mill about it. The location where I worked has been closed.

The last year I worked there, they used a new performance review where even if you had a stellar team, they "had" to say some were just average and some were not up to par. It was ridiculous.
Great for Growth, Lots of Change
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 10, 2016
Global company with many options for career growth if you're diligent and create a strong reputation for your skills and work.

Company has been going through separation (CSRA) and merger (HPE) activities over the past two years and job security can be low even for high performers as managers have few options for protecting employees from budget challenges.
Great company to work for: good people, excellent culture. Everyone on my program worked together as a team.
Project Manager/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJOctober 13, 2016
Very collaborative environment with a clear focus on mission and objectives. Everyone worked together as a team, regardless of their level in the hierarchy. Managers and co-workers were all supportive and interested in putting in the necessary effort to meet deadlines and get out deliverables.
Pros
People, culture, focus on mission
Busy workflow
Sr Tier1 Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 13, 2016
Login and immediately start receiving calls.
Learned that notes & organization were vital.
Management was constantly changing
co-workers were professional
hardest part was you cannot put an estimate on when each call can/should be resolved
Enjoyable - friendships
Pros
Free coffee, tea, choclate
Cons
terminated the free coffee, tea, choclate...distance from home
Company focused on increasing revenue by decreasing costs
HR ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 26, 2016
Company is very focused on increasing revenue, in a short term manner. Actions focused to only hire in low cost locations. Employees in those locations shall do well. With the pending merger, there are significant changes. The swiftness of these actions are not always in best strategic focus to long term company performance. Time will tell on the impact.
Stressful and Unappreciated
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYOctober 9, 2016
A normal day is answering calls and inquiries about immigration status. Best part of the job is the people you get to know. The worst part is the management the company has. The HR department there has no concept of emergency status and provides a nasty building to work in. There is a high turn around rate and they are not the easiest people to work for at that location.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non-understanding Managers
Do not take a job with CSC
Desktop IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  MAJanuary 9, 2017
No raises. Layoffs just before holidays. More work for you after layoffs but no more pay. You are only a number to get work done with no compensation. Turn and run away if you are offered a job!
Pros
Cons
Low pay, No raises, Pressure to do more than can be done in a day, always playing with vacation time like telling you when you can use it, BAD COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Life Insurance rep.
Senior Assistant Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILDecember 12, 2016
I answer the phones for reps that work in customer service, however, I did start out as a normal phone rep, but was promoted. I enjoy my job but am looking for a location that respects and promotes their employees.
Pros
Great hours and I work from home for the Company
Cons
No raises even when you receive exceeds expectations on all reviews.
Aging Tech Company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 26, 2016
Lots of reorganization occurring throughout the company over several years

Limited resources available to provide training and basic work tools such as software and hardware

Aging IT workforce lacking in current skills and technologies
Pros
ITAR contracts
Cons
lack of management support and resources needed to perform job efficiently and effectively

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSC. Our community is ready to answer.