CSC
1,478 reviews

CSC Employee Reviews

Rotating schedules, very little to chance for advancement.
Senior Operations Network Engineer (Current Employee), Offutt AFB, NEJune 25, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A busy and challenging environment, which I enjoy. It’s a wonderful opportunity for network enterprise environment, from access to exiting the DMZ. My experience with management has been very good, it just hasn’t translated into upward movement. Co-workers are great, we work a 7/24/365 operations environment with rotating schedules, turn over is over 90%, and I am on my 7th supervisor in my five years. Hardest part of the job is the rotating schedules, biggest reason I am looking. Best part of the job, I can always be busy, the days fly by, very intense, and the are people great!
Relaxed workplace
Logistics Engineer Professional (Current Employee), Norfolk Naval BaseJune 24, 2015
Pros: Relaxed workplace
Cons: Playing politics
My workplace is relatively calm. We all get along with each other and I learn from every individual around me. We often joke around and that definitely relaxes the environment which produces happier workers and better quality of work. This is the only job I have had that I actually enjoy doing and see how it directly benefits our fleet and sailors.
great
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 22, 2015
CSC is a great place to work. The management team is very helpful in encouraging each employee to perform to their greatest potential. In addition, my co-workers are team players and are great mentors.
A good solid company and a good experience
Technical Writer/Editor (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.June 20, 2015
Pros: good office environment
Cons: could use more flexibility with PTO
I worked for CSC for five years in D.C. The commute was rough, but the people I worked with (with a few exceptions) were all welcoming, friendly, yet very professional. I only briefly had a bad manager, who was swiftly replaced.

CSC, strangely enough for a corporate office, felt like home. Working with fellow employees felt like I had known them for years.

Benefits were generous, corporate culture didn't leave a lot of wiggle room for time off, but the office environment was such that you could leave work at work, and not take it home with you. The only exception was when Hurricane Sandy came through, and we all got leave to work from home.

I left because another opportunity closer to home opened up. But I still miss working for CSC. Perhaps in the future I'll be lucky enough to end up back there.
Location, Location, Location
Housekeeper/Custodian (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: Distance to travel.
It was great work. Managment kind of sucked but work was easy, fast passed. Be prapared to work with a team and by yourself.
Fun Place to Work. Still an Industry Leader
Analyst Relations, Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Quality people, solid C-level management, decent budgets, good benefits
Cons: Very bureaucratic internally
CSC is a great company. Definitely worth applying to. It has a good culture with very enthusiastic people. Be sure you understand the company's objectives relative to the position you apply for (i.e. is it being positioned to be sold?).
Large company - unpredictable future
Call Center Technician (Former Employee), Coppell, TXJune 12, 2015
Pros: Excellent corp discounts and benefits
Cons: Can have a lot of overtime, and demanding requirements
CSC just split into 2 companies, they still have great atmosphere, and for the most part great people to work with. I learned a lot of things working here, and would recommend it to someone looking to broaden their knowledge of tech support.
Productive work environment, Great team members and managers
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 12, 2015
Attend meetings, complete task, work with team members, complete the task on time and error free. I had great team members, and management team. We all work hand to hand to complete the task, I enjoyed working with everyone in my team.
Enjoyed working for the company!
Perfrom duties as the Prop & Rotor Hazmat Manager (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, North CarolinaJune 11, 2015
Pros: Working with good people!
Cons: Loss of the Contract
The company overall, from my prospective was well ran, and maintained a high standard for other companies to follow!! The company let us do our jobs!
CSC
AH-64A and AH-64D Simulation Device Manager (Former Employee), Daleville, ALJune 11, 2015
Excellent work environment and extremely professional co-workers, consisting of mostly former military members. CSC possesses the A team at Warrior Hall and ensures top notch pilot training. It was an honor to have been a part of their operations.
Co-workers are professional and excellent to work with
PROFESSION PROGRAMMER ANALYST (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJJune 10, 2015
Co-workers are professional and excellent to work with. Managers easy to talk to. Work load is not to light nor too heavy. Easy to take time off work.
Claims Examiner
Claims Examiner - Death Claims & Waiver Claims (Former Employee), Wethersfield, CTJune 7, 2015
Pros: Always learning new things
Cons: Closed books of business, no new clients
Initiated and adjudcated life and annuity claims. Iniated Disability claims, reviewed submitted forms/paperwork and recommended approval or non-approval.
AON just purchased CSC in July 2014. Many changes happening.
Agency Enrollment Specialist (AON) (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 3, 2015
Pros: Agency Enrollment Specialist
Cons: Flood Insurance (AON)
Log into system, check voice mail, check emails for work to be done, book of business transfers, enrollments, password resets, check queue for work to be complete or follow up on returned mail- find agent or new agent and main job is phones. Help other ream members do soecial projects when needed.
Review is dependent on location
Electronics Technician III (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COJune 3, 2015
Pros: Easy job, Very Flexible Schedule
Cons: Short notice of RIFs, Short notice of moving, no relocation support, high amounts of redundancy
Most of the locations I have been to the managers and co workers are very friendly and accommodating. The company does a lot of redundancy but most of the time they will work to help you out whether with your schedule or if there is a reduction in force issue. By far the best HUB to work under that I have been to is the California HUB.

LEARN LINUX! They will put Linux as a preferred qualification on tech jobs but they like to hire individuals that do not know Linux. Most of the sites I have been to I have been the only one who knew Linux and it put me way above the bell curve for fixing things.
It was a fun and easy job. But not challenging enough.
Security (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 2, 2015
This job was nice since I got to be at sporting events and concerts usually but it was too easy. I like to be challenged while i'm working. For how easy the job was the pay was fair but their was no benefits which was the main reason why I quit.
Productive and rewarding place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Barbourville, KYJune 1, 2015
I learned a lot about working in a call center while working at CSC. I enjoyed working with all of the people in this job and working with the customers.
Large Organization with Numerous Opportunities
Program Control Officer - STENNIS PROGRAM (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAJune 1, 2015
Fast Paced work environment dealing mainly with Government clients. Great variety of contracts allowing for different opportunities for those working at CSC.
good pay and benefits
General Clerk 1 (Former Employee), williamsburg kyMay 31, 2015
Was a good job in this area but they moved to Virginia.

The job was easy, but you had to be very observant bc of the materials delt with.
new to csc
System Administrator (Current Employee), virginiaMay 29, 2015
I'm new to the company so I really don't have to much to report on. But overall the experience is fine, I will see how my time here will. I do believe with my experience I should got a better salary
Productive and fun
Program Management (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMay 29, 2015
In working with people for numerous years, you connect and become part of a 2nd family. Productivity and accomplishments come easy when you love what you do and who you work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About CSC

For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.  Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the – Read more

CSC Salaries