CSC

CSC Employer Reviews

Logistics Engr Assc Pro (Current Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: we were able to have inputs on the projects (free thinking)
CSC is a great place to work with lots of understanding and professionalism. We work in a team concept with a meeting to start off the week. Review our prior week accomplishment. it is very important to relay your shortcomings before it happens so the team could adjust and provide assistance as needed. Management kept us informed on upcoming events, – more... projects, deadlines, and changes that might impact us directly. my co-workers are great to work with, very good communication and atmosphere. the hardest part of the job was the commuting to work traffic. the most enjoyable part of the job was a successful accomplishment of a project from start to finish and seeing the final product. – less
very easy to do
Security Guard (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2014
like using this easy and fun we meet all kinds of people were we go make new friends all over
2nd Level Remote Desktop Support (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: -
Cons: -
Promoted Rather Quickly after showcasing talent.. however contracts are unsteady, and remote work was rescinded arbitrarily.
it's ok
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), las vegas, nvJuly 2, 2014
the job is part time and that's all. I enjoyed the events, EDC, UNLV but the jobs weren't coming soon or fast enough.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 2, 2014
Pros: weekends and holidays off
Cons: no raises
Answered phone calls from the Department of Labor handed the problems then transferred them to the appropriate Wage and Hour division the hardest part is being tied to the phone and not having any flexibility to leave or grow in the company
Sr. Automation QA Analyst
Automation QA Analyst (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 1, 2014
• Developed Test Cases based on Requirement Specifications and Design Documents.
• Participated in the Business Requirements Specification, Detail Design Specification and Use Case Document review meetings.
• Prepared test cases to test PEGA functionality using Use case document
• Actively participated in the project team meetings to gain in-depth knowledge – more... of the system to be developed.
• Involved in writing the test cases using Silk central and involved in the process of analyzing the expected and actual results
• Experience with writing and executing positive and negative test cases
• Prepared the Test Cases and classified them according to the functionality. – less
CSC has lost focus on employee development.
Scrum Master (Former Employee), Austin TexasJuly 1, 2014
Pros: working with some great people.
Cons: management has lost focus on their people assets.
Over my career at CSC I enjoyed my job and the relationships I developed, both personal and professionally. I was given many great opportunities in my early years but the recent years the opportunities have declined.
Enthusiastic, fun, helpful
Facilitating Artist (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: lack of sufficient funding
I enjoy working at CSC. I've learned a great deal about building and bridging relationships with clients. The hardest part of my job is developing creative strategies to keep students engaged. The most enjoyable part of the job is the reward of watching student succeed.
OK place to work with
Application Developer Professional (Former Employee), Blythewood, SCJune 26, 2014
Its ok to work for this company. We had salary cut and stuff when economy was bad.
CSC is going down the hill
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJune 26, 2014
Pros: some projects allow remote work
Cons: benefits are taken away slowly
It was a good company when I joined almost 3 years a go. Now the benefits are slowly taken away and 40% of the employees have been put into a review bucket of "not met goals" so that they don't have to give them a raise.

Please run and join a better company that treat their employees right.
Summary
Uruk Hai (Current Employee), Mt Doom in MordorJune 25, 2014
Coworkers are friendly and willing to help out

Seems to be a disconnect between lower level employees and higher level management.

Too many meetings

Vacation tends to be "managed" by upper management, and not by the employee.

Pay is "OK"
knowing the culture of COMPANY HELPS
Material Handler (Former Employee), West Chester, OHJune 24, 2014
EVERY DAY COMES WITH A DEFINED OBJECTIVE. EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS.
Productive and with great management
AIX Administrator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 24, 2014
I enjoy working with CSC!!! I've been here 10 years due to a outsourcing from Sears. The hardest part of the job was on call but management was very understanding and didn't expect you to work 24 hours straight. The most enjoyable part was the flexibility to work remotely.
My job description
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Linthicum, MDJune 24, 2014
Pros: alternate work schedules
Cons: static postions wtih respect to career growth
As a Network Engineer/System Administrator, Responsibilities are to provide application and Network support for HQ and CO-Op locations.
Lead efforts in the following:
• Design, manage and support in the areas of Engineering, System Administration and Maintenance.
• Support Active Directory, Windows 2003/2008 servers, Cisco switches (3500, 3600, and – more... 3700), Cisco routers (2911), and Firewalls (Juniper, and ASA).
• Maintain and provide administration for VMware Hosts, Clients and Templates.
• Support Domain controllers, Stand-alone/Domain Windows servers and provide some Linux support.
• Provide daily System performance and monitoring of all system infrastructure and daily operations.
• Provide Tier 2 & 3 support of application infrastructure, recovery, and software.
• Provide system architecture and planning, System Design presentation, Change Management Review and STIG/IAVA review and compliance assurance. – less
Easy going work environment
IT Industry (Current Employee), Newark,DEJune 23, 2014
Pros: excellent learning
Cons: hard to move within the company
I have no problems coming into work. I enjoy working there. I work with people all over the globe.
Training new employees
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJune 22, 2014
Learning vehicle title work. How to record more than one title at a time.
Dynamic Environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Needham, MAJune 19, 2014
Business Analyst

8-4

• Business System Design
• Customer Solution
• Process Automation
Productive but not employee - friendly.
Lead (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 19, 2014
Pros: alternative work schedule
A typical day at work is busy from start to finish. Used to be a decent place to work. The work environment changed over the years from employee-oriented to shareholder-oriented. When shareholder interest became priority, management and co-worker began to turn on one another and the environment became unstable. Seeing this was the hardest part of the – more... job. – less
Fun place to Work
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Norco, CAJune 17, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: pay
Awesome work environment
Learn alot about Networking
Management cares about its people
Productive workplace with great management, Great place to learn
File Clerk (Former Employee), Williamsburg, KYJune 17, 2014
Great place to work growing up. The job was physically strenuous but rewarding. I learned several skills from this job.

1 2 3 4 5

About CSC

For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.  Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the – Read more