CSC Employee Reviews

Found 1,355 reviews matching the search
Computer Sciences Corporation
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasDecember 3, 2016
CSC at one point was a very good company to work for and had exceptional people and management. That however is no longer true and I would encourage anyone who is looking for employment and if they have other options please exercise your other options. This is not a corporation that you want to hang your hat on but if you need an opportunity to use it as a stepping stone then I would say that would be okay otherwise I would not recommend CSC as a place to work long-term
Pros
The pay is competitive
Cons
Poor management poor structure
Great place to work people very helpful in helping understand procedure.
Billing Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 18, 2016
My time at CSC has been great very comfortable work environment I have learned alot in the billing aspect of accounting,hardest part so far has just been getting the system to do what everyone wants since it was new to everyone, My mananger/mangagers have been great and the people I work with are very helpful and nice made my job super easy.
Pros
snacks were supplied for when I did not bring my lunch and did not want to go out to get.
Cons
having the department out sourced and having to leave CSC.
Demanding Culture
Senior Professional (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 6, 2016
The executive assistant’s job is fast-paced, with many responsibilities....and in this environment, even more so. Change is an understatement. With on-going transformation from year-to-year, minimum assistance on learning new applications causing a delay in getting things accomplished. Constant RIF's which boils down to the making the numbers. No work-life balance, high demands, and little respect for scheduled time off at all levels. This is a hard working culture with a tremendous sacrifice to one's personal life.
Very good company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2016
Working in all types of area which was Monster Jam, Super cross, NFL and College Games, International soccer, Music Festivals.
Management is nice and professional.
Hardest is standing or sitting in the heat for long period of times.
Enjoyable part of the job is to travel, go places I have never been, cities and states.
I Learned if you know how to do your job you can either move up in a company or make a business of what you have experience in which is security.
Pros
Free Lunch Free
Cons
Heat
Fun Place to work and learn.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, OROctober 22, 2016
I worked at CSC full-time (More than a year)
Pros
The people were great, although a few were given promotions they weren't qualified for. Although unknown to the worker bees at the time, this was likely due to the impending mass lay-offs so there wasn't a point in bringing in someone new who was qualified.
Cons
Massive lay-offs with little to no notification after months of dealing with the rumor mill about it. The location where I worked has been closed.

The last year I worked there, they used a new performance review where even if you had a stellar team, they "had" to say some were just average and some were not up to par. It was ridiculous.
CSRA Culture Review
Senior SAP Consultant (Current Employee) –  7000 Lincoln Drive, Marlton, NJOctober 31, 2016
I have been with CSRA for the past four years. Since the first day I started on November 19th, 2012 I felt CSRA (Formally CSC) is the place where one can enhance and sharpen his technical skills. CSRA enjoys a wealth of professionals with wide range of talents that one may learn from.
The work environment is varied and challenging with lots of opportunities for advancement. The management staff is well balanced with people's management skills and technical knowledge.
I am looking forward for a long relationship with CSRA and would love the opportunity to continue my contribution of knowledge and skills for the advancement of this great company.
Pros
Technically advanced environment
Cons
Sometimes the paper work is overdone
Fast paced, good people, interesting work.
LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas,NVDecember 8, 2016
Intense daily activity involving development, planning, implementation and conduct of approved logistics practices in support of government contract operations. Required knowledge of numerous collective bargaining agreements and the ability to balance government requirements with company policy and union work rules.
Pros
Pleasant physical work environment
Cons
Short suspenses
Great company to work for: good people, excellent culture. Everyone on my program worked together as a team.
Project Manager/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJOctober 13, 2016
Very collaborative environment with a clear focus on mission and objectives. Everyone worked together as a team, regardless of their level in the hierarchy. Managers and co-workers were all supportive and interested in putting in the necessary effort to meet deadlines and get out deliverables.
Pros
People, culture, focus on mission
Stressful and Unappreciated
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYOctober 9, 2016
A normal day is answering calls and inquiries about immigration status. Best part of the job is the people you get to know. The worst part is the management the company has. The HR department there has no concept of emergency status and provides a nasty building to work in. There is a high turn around rate and they are not the easiest people to work for at that location.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non-understanding Managers
Company focused on increasing revenue by decreasing costs
HR ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 26, 2016
Company is very focused on increasing revenue, in a short term manner. Actions focused to only hire in low cost locations. Employees in those locations shall do well. With the pending merger, there are significant changes. The swiftness of these actions are not always in best strategic focus to long term company performance. Time will tell on the impact.
Great job management and training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 19, 2016
I was fortunate to get the job there. Calls could come very fast and you had to have good listening skills and fast data entry skills.

Job was to take applications for gun purchases from new york to alaska. Get an ok or a further review that was delivered to fbi.

I was very fortunate to have great managers!

Unfortunately this section of csc was lost to other call centers.

I will never forget my time there. I made many friends
Pros
SET SCHEDULE
Cons
SOMETIMES OVERWHELMING WHEN CALLS WERE COMING BACK TO BACK
I enjoy the team I work with, and the projects we work on together.
Accounts Payable processor (Current Employee) –  200 E. Lies Rd. Carol Stream, IL. 60188September 16, 2016
having accepted a lateral move from billing admin to accounts payable processor has been a great experience. i enjoy working with the team in problem solving our daily issues in relation to invoice error and communications with branches and vendors. everyone on the team brings a talent to the group that makes it whole.
Pros
opportunity to work in different departments within the company
Cons
company is down-sizing staff. Job security concerns.
Great for Growth, Lots of Change
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 10, 2016
Global company with many options for career growth if you're diligent and create a strong reputation for your skills and work.

Company has been going through separation (CSRA) and merger (HPE) activities over the past two years and job security can be low even for high performers as managers have few options for protecting employees from budget challenges.
Nice place to work for
Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 4, 2016
100% phone support I work 2 different accounts, need to complete the call within a 8 -11 minute time frame, can't always be accomplished when trying to troubleshoot certain issues.

I have learned a great deal since starting here, Office 365, Skype, Iphones and Andoids.

My immediate manager is great, he will try to accommodate your schedule as need be.

As like in any place one works there are always a couple of people who are not team players but overall they are good people.

The hardest part of the job is completing some calls in less than 11 minutes.

I like what I do I enjoy helping people and having them happy when we end a call.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Takes to long to become permanent.
Aging Tech Company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 26, 2016
Lots of reorganization occurring throughout the company over several years

Limited resources available to provide training and basic work tools such as software and hardware

Aging IT workforce lacking in current skills and technologies
Pros
ITAR contracts
Cons
lack of management support and resources needed to perform job efficiently and effectively
Steer clear...
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2016
It's a meat grinder much like any global systems integrator. They are acquiring companies using free cash flow non-stop and cutting key employees while looking over promotions and pay raises of top performers under the auspices of "poor overall company performance". They are incapable of adjusting to market demand changes and have not correctly identified who their clients should be. There are better places to work.
Great for learning and entry level, not so great for salary/experienced
Consultant, Programer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Municipio de Isabela, PRAugust 24, 2016
You arrive, grab the phone, call the client, give any updates on your progress, listen to their new findings annotate new requirements.

Keep programming, create documentation, see no rewards (you need to perform well over 100% to get minuscule performance bonus to your salary, but you do get them), receive email reprimands when you are not to standard, keep programming, call the client, setup meeting, make the company millionaire.

Basically if you start here work hard to improve yourself, educate, get few years of experience and move on quickly.
Job changes continuously making it impossible to meet Quota
Enterprise Software Sales (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 23, 2016
No job security. Continuous layoffs. Vacations ended. Tenured employees not friendly to new hires. Terrible onboarding. Continuous changing of roles. the tenured folks know how to play the game to keep their jobs. No loyalty. No time given to complete sales cycle before you are part of staff reduction. Sr Mgmt has no idea of what is really going on or if they do, they dont care.
Pros
Great supervisor
Cons
Limited travel, mgmt has no clue, set up for failure.
Over rated
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYSeptember 23, 2016
CSC Ft Knox fosters a nepotistic culture. The installation manager made sure his favorites were taken care of while the actual workers are shown the door. The processes and constant audits severly handicap productivity. Safety program is punitive in nature. If you get hurt expect a reprimand for you and your supervisor.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Constant micromanagment and threats
Amazing company IF looking for side cash.
Event Security (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYOctober 26, 2016
Amazing workplace. All supervisors and staff are amazing,helpful,supportive and understanding.

They make sure your needs and wants DONT go unoticed. Definitely look into this company IF looking for side cash.
Pros
They pay you to travel with them, flexible, reliable, amazing customer service, amazing staff, etc.
Cons
NOT Full Time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSC. Our community is ready to answer.