Pros: alternate work schedules
Cons: static postions wtih respect to career growth
As a Network Engineer/System Administrator, Responsibilities are to provide application and Network support for HQ and CO-Op locations.
Lead efforts in the following:
• Design, manage and support in the areas of Engineering, System Administration and Maintenance.
• Support Active Directory, Windows 2003/2008 servers, Cisco switches (3500, 3600, and – more... 3700), Cisco routers (2911), and Firewalls (Juniper, and ASA).
• Maintain and provide administration for VMware Hosts, Clients and Templates.
• Support Domain controllers, Stand-alone/Domain Windows servers and provide some Linux support.
• Provide daily System performance and monitoring of all system infrastructure and daily operations.
• Provide Tier 2 & 3 support of application infrastructure, recovery, and software.
• Provide system architecture and planning, System Design presentation, Change Management Review and STIG/IAVA review and compliance assurance. – less