CSC
1,061 reviews

CSC Employer Reviews

fun place to work
DATATRAC CONTRACTOR FOR USCIS (Former Employee), fort worth tx.August 18, 2014
always busy talking to all kinds of people from different backgrounds and countrys. I learned the different accents of there vocie's
A good starting place for youg peole needing to get working experance
Receptionist (Former Employee), Slippery Rock, PaAugust 14, 2014
Pros: if you are into competing with others then it is ok
Cons: if you aren't competitive then they will let you go. the benifits to me are not up to par either
They focus on people that are willing to sell products that to me are not what the product is. Meaning natural or doesn't do what it claimed to do. I feel that you need to believe in what you are selling.
Constant Change in Management & Business Strategy
Cloud Solution Architect/Product Manager (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAAugust 12, 2014
Typical System Integrator.
Decreasing Benefits
Change in performance evaluation
Overall good for entry level
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Norwich,CTAugust 11, 2014
Pros: challenging, learn new things
Cons: poor compensation, poor work environment
Work is either really stressfully or there is hardly any at all. Compensation is poor as are bonuses/raises. There is no incentive to improve and delivery better service.
how you do learn alot and do get your hands dirty. Often times I find myself having my feet held to the fire.
CSC is a well run company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAAugust 11, 2014
CSC has well defined process, that is documented. Training is fairly comprehensive and there's a lot of opportunity to move within the company.
n/a
SCA Aircraft Mechanic I (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 10, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: the safety pratices were not in place, nor enforced .
This company was not one that knew anything about Aircraft Maintenance, they were out of their comfort zone .
Sure is a contract house
Deskside Support Technician, ICON (Current Employee), Berwyn, PennsylvaniaAugust 9, 2014
Eh, its a contract house. They pay on time and generally it varies from contract to contract.
Very Productive Work Environment
Medicaid Management Information System-MMIS (NC) (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 9, 2014
Pros: job satisfaction
IBM-3090, TSO, COBOLII, CICS, DB2, SQL, Thin Client. Designed developed and tested computer programs for the Pharmacy and Medical Claims Subsystems. Also designed and developed auxiliary claims processing components such as Mass Adjustments, Specialized Input, TPL Collection Interfaces,and Retroactive Rate Adjustments. Designed Specialized Analytical – more... Tools and reports for progress measurement during the Production Simulation Testing Phase. – less
No fun, just all business.
Safety Manager (Former Employee), Biloxi, msAugust 7, 2014
Pros: just an ok place to work
Cons: none really
a typical day at work consisted of day to day safety operations, ensuring that the employees adhered to the 29 CFR that would be both the office workers and the skilled labor employees. whenever there was a accident it was my job to inspect it and find out what the cause was so as to prevent it from occurring again. this also included doing accident – more... reports, and if someone was injured make sure they get the medical treatment they needed. I learned how to do workman comp issues and how to work the cases. I learned how to do the 300 log also. my manager was or is a decent man, he was hands on when he was needed but he allowed me to do my job until such time. my co-workers for the biggest part where decent folks. there was no hardest part of the day, I enjoyed every day at CSC. – less
Summary
IT Support Technician (Former Employee), Princeton, NJAugust 7, 2014
Pros: excellent staff, clear direction, expects clear communication and respects your time to resolution estimates.
Cons: health care is through the hiring agency.
This is an excellent company to work with. When I applied the HR department reached out to me within an hour to discuss the position for which I had applied. The discussion quickly led to positions of interest me and was a solid fit with my skill set. Within a week I was offered an exceptional contract.
On site, the Project Manager and CSC Site Management – more... provided clear direction in an affable and professional manner. While traveling to their client sites, they displayed every confidence in my work.
This is an excellent company for which to work. Be prepared though that if the position is a contract it will come to an end. Additional work for CSC will always go through a third party agency. – less
Computer Operations, testing
Computer Tester (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXAugust 7, 2014
CSC is a great Company. I enjoy working here at CTSF. They have always taken care of their employees. It is a shame they are losing this contract.
n/a
event staff (Current Employee), cleveland ohioAugust 7, 2014
just starting off, I like working events and will be starting to work for the browns.
specific script to follow and busy work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVAugust 6, 2014
Answer incoming calls, read through the script promptly, go over QAs, get up to date on any changes to the script, etc.
Get your experience and leave!
Data Security Professional (Current Employee), Newark DEAugust 6, 2014
Pros: okay money for very little work.
Cons: everything else, no raises, terrible hours, what little work there is is so tedious it will make you wonder why you bothered to get a degree.
Decent starting rates. You'll thin this is your dream job and then you realize nothing works, tech wise, process wise, people wise. It's pretty much a dead end. They'll give you more work, but you won't get anything for it and you won't get anything out of it. You will not learn anything from this job. You will not get anymore money than when you started.
Pros and Cons
eMedNY PMO Metrics & Reporting Analyst (Current Employee), Menands, NYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: flexability
Cons: benefits
Many changes in policy has lowered moral. Contract has been lost.
Data Entry
Processor III - Business Processing Outsourcing (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2014
Pros: rewards for meeting deadlines, great benefits
Cons: tedious position
This was my first big job right out of high school. I first started out keying auto insurance policies, and later moved up to mortgage and pet insurance policies. The most enjoyable part of the job were the friendships I made during the course of the years I worked there. The hardest part was the tediousness of the job.
No training, forced relocation's, clueless management
Systems Engineer Professional - (CSC) (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 1, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed the type of work i did
Cons: constant decreases in your benefits, revolving management, quarterly layoffs
I originally worked for a Government Defense contractor who outsourced its employee's to CSC. In the 10 years I have worked there - Merit increases have been given less than half of those years... Regardless of how well of a review you received. Now they are strong arming current employees to relocate to one of their "centers of excellence" - and the – more... ones that can't/won't relocate get their walking papers. – less
Team Member (Current Employee), decaturJuly 31, 2014
fast moving environment where I serviced atleast 60 customers a day
Wintel Admin
Wintel System Administrator (Current Employee), Norwich, CTJuly 31, 2014
A typical day includes managing of wintel servers in a virtual environment to comply with CIS hardening standards.
Fair company to work for
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: 401k
Cons: believes they can contact you when you are on vacation or taking time off
Work on previous night's reports to see if there were any problems and try to resolve them in a timely manner. Once done, work on enhancements based on the business unit's requests.

1 2 3 4 5

About CSC

For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.  Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the – Read more