CSC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,238 reviews matching the search
Company in transition
Associate Professional Data Security (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 25, 2016
CSC is a company in transition. I enjoyed working there but I fear they are letting go a lot of the wrong people in the process of going through their corporate split up. It was a tough but fair environment and I appreciated my co-workers.
Pros
Occasionally challenging
Cons
infrequent pay increases. Vacation micromanagement
The checks cash
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2016
to many amateurs working in posts that need better training. Scheduling is always screwed up. a lot of things need to be fixed. way unorganized. Could use a strong branch MGR.
Laid back atmosphere
Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 18, 2016
40 - 50 calls a day regarding calls ranging from a simple password reset to the complete setup of an email account. Management is approachable. Co-workers are laid back as well. The hardest part of the job is the tools can be a challenge to deal with due to them being outdated. The most enjoyable part of the job is my schedule. I get to pick up my kids from school.
Pros
n/a
Cons
no benefits
So many people constantly coming and going.
Licensed Non Commissioned Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
I do not find the job difficult to do, I would like to be paid more. Sometimes the customer get a little to drunk and way too aggressive.
Csc
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 16, 2016
Time flew here and it was essential to learn to put your phone on forward and walk away from it for lunch, breaks, even potty trips. Handling four back to back hurricanes was hard for the client and just as hard for us.I learned quickly to obtain essential data, and set aside five minutes - no more, no less - to let the client vent before moving on. The best part of the job was knowing no one was hurt; the hardest knowing life was lost. Oddly, as co-workers we didn't know each other well. When a chance for peace and quiet presented itself, we took advantage of of it. Managers left us alone to do our jobs while making sure we know they were there to help if needed.
Pros
Coming in to find that someone, who always remained anonymous, had come in even earlier with Starbucks coffee and muffins on your birthday.
Cons
Telling an elderly client that their beloved home of many years could not be recovered, and that a condo rep would be in touch with them shortly. It really was all gone.
Call Center overdrive
IT Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 13, 2016
On call from shift start to shift end, except for when you have a scheduled break, that you are unable to take at the scheduled time due to the high call volume. Despite the busy days, I still liked it there. The people I worked with are great, and there is lots of diversity.
Pros
overtime, and the people you work with
Cons
volunteered for holidays instead of volunteering on my own, and 20+ passwords to remember
Fun place to work and you get to travel
event staff (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 12, 2016
Traveling to different events and concerts to work was always fun for me. I was able to work music festivals, golf tournaments, and other sporting events
Typical day
System Architect Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXApril 12, 2016
Provided System Architect support for generating Tactical Internet System Architectures for U.S. Army units in support of Project Director Tactical Network Initialization and Tactical Internet Initialization production. Meet with Brigade level staffs to verify communication system availability and task organization of the units. Served as the Subject Matter Expert for a project or application and serve as the system architecture authority. Defined technology-based business solutions within scope of project.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Create the prefect data product
Great pay, but not worth the stress
CSR (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYApril 9, 2016
The pay is great for the job. The stress was just not worth it to me. I would rather take less pay for less stress. It is the worst call center to work for, probably why the pay was so much higher.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work enviroment
productive and fun
SAP Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 6, 2016
very relaxed environment . Great team and team work. Great information provision. Well blue printing methods.

It keep all team members on the feet and relaxed at same time. Deadline were always made.
Pros
you ask
More Holes than Swiss Cheese
Associate Professional System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2016
Anyone who has worked at CSC --- current and previously HATES it there.

This is going to be my honest review. If you meet anyone who has ever worked there, you will hear the same thing. On the interview, they will promise you things and never follow through. I left my previous position because I was advised I would gain more experience in Unix, Archiving, System Admin and there would be continuous training opportunities and classes available. But the truth was this wasn't the case. I sat around for 6 weeks doing nothing because they had issues with obtain access. Either paperwork was submitted on time, at all or not together at one time. For months, I had no clue what I was suppose to be doing. It was never clear what their expectations of you were.

I loved my coworkers, but everyone was under managed and given little direction on what our work was. They fired all the legacy workers that were suppose to train us. They were either let go before we got there or in the middle of our training. Training was then left in complete and you were forced to figure out how to do your job, even if you didn't have access to some of the servers or knew what program they used to generate tickets.

People were thrown on on-call without little noticed and up to weeks at a time. You are not permitted to work from home unless it was approved by a manager and most cases if you were on-call and were up throughout the night, you are expected to drive to the office the following morning. Some people were working up to 50-100 hours with little sleep and if you aren't able to make it in because
  more... you're sick, need a day off because you were working for 10 straight days, or needed to work from home because you were too tired to drive in, they would force you to your sick/vacation time (even if you were working from home).

We weren't permitted to talk to our clients about our need for training on their software.

They instituted a POD system that broke up teams ie. Backups, Windows, Unix, and etc into several groups where everyone had to report to different managers who knew nothing about their teams. So, there would be a Team Meeting for your POD color and then a separate one for your original team which made you report to a manager, a lead, and then a pod manager. You never knew who was suppose to approve your time. You end up attaching multiple people to emails and timecards for approvals.

Managers were also swapped onto different accounts and POD teams. They had no access to your accounts and were basically useless other than being HR reps. In the Pittsburgh office, there is no HR department.

It was a revolving door of employees either quitting from frustration, lack of direction or they were fired. They stated that the building was hold 600 employees, but weren't able to break 150 because of the continuous because people were always leaving. Some weeks up to 10 people would leave while some weeks maybe one person left. The lack of people would put more pressure on the teams that hemorrhaging because of the lack of people, but they were expected to put more hours and do more work without questioned.

There are no promotions nor raise in salary. My trainer worked there for 8 years and never received a raised, but the CFOs and stakeholders would receive their yearly bonuses.

Most client accounts are exempt from the national holiday schedule. So expect to work all but 5 days... Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Day and New Years Eve and Day.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No Work from Home, On-Call, Management, Wage, Expectations
Clean atmosphere with friendly environment
Sr. Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 1, 2016
Made very close friends among my coworkers. The company values us very much. CSC helped me grow in the company, learn new technology, work with clients such as SSA. CSC also showed me that to be a leader you have to lead from the front.
Productive Work Environment
Stategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2016
Maintained regular contact with defined list of accounts, assisting them with their issues and providing ongoing updated information on industry trends and impact upon their activities, as well as ensuring all relevant products made available to my clients. Lack of initial formalized training not an issue due to my prior industry knowledge and experience. As a team I and my co-workers assisted in providing additional knowledge on services and processes, to ensure complete client satisfaction.
we travel around united states doing Security
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Memphis TnMarch 31, 2016
its easy work we travel meet new people and do our job and leave they pay isn't all that and not enough hours if they have some work i need garanunteed hours
CSC At a Glance
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 30, 2016
I really enjoy my job and all of my clients. Due to the field that I am currently in I do not see where there is a lot of room for growth within the company. I am really looking for something where I can excel and show my skills.
Active, social job
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 29, 2016
Some days you are active and dealing with many people and situations. Other days you are posted far away, isolated, with nothing to do besides keep watch. The managing there is also pretty bad.
Pros
Work at concerts, sports games, fun events.
Cons
Short breaks, bad management.
Csc
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 29, 2016
Good company, great people but there has been constant change for the last 5 years. Hopefully things are at a good turning point now.
Overall the company was a good employer.
Test and Evaluation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMarch 28, 2016
The work was rewarding and enjoyable even with the repetitive nature. Management and co-workers were both professionals and hard workers.
qlikview developoer at CSC
Qlikview Developer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 25, 2016
CSC is good ,iam feeling very happy for dong job here, who comes as a fresher into this company there is good chance to learn more work here ,company provides good flexibility to do work , encourage to or creativity
Benefits
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCMarch 24, 2016
It has flex time and free parking. The work load is heavy, so you will stay busy throughout the day. It is close to the Navy Yard and other places to eat and shop.
Pros
free parking, flex time