CSC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,283 reviews matching the search
Overall excellant place to work
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, PAJuly 22, 2016
Easy place to work. CSC develops personnel and sometimes that can be a new position for personnel. Training is always available for employees.
Pros
CSC develops personnel
Cons
They sent jobs to India
Busy, productive but fun place to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJuly 19, 2016
Enjoyable place to work. Co-workers that are just like family. Extremely busy. Having to multitask between several different computer programs. Management is very understanding and works with you with your schedule for doctor appointment and family obligations.
Pros
Great hours and location
Cons
healthcare
Fast pace and fun work experience.
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 18, 2016
I loved my job at CSC, the management was professional. I learned better customer service skills, how to deal with intoxicated etc. people. The hardest part was having to work in bad weather conditions, but the experience was always great.
Pros
Travel, reasonable break times.
Cons
Bad weather at times.
A great place to be exposed to many industries
Senior Business Analyst/Architect (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 18, 2016
I worked with CSC for over 10+ years. I learned many good skills in dealing with customer and clients. I also learned good skills in the sales process. Most of the consulting staff is very knowledgeable and willing to help you. You must be diligent in seeking people out to connect and build networks. The best part of the job was the people you get to meet in consulting at customers and inside the company. Be very genuine with people and you will have good results.

Be conscious of the focus on finances and how that may affect your position. Participate in the employee meetings and ask questions.

A typical week in Consulting: Sunday or Monday travel to customer site depending on the assignment. Work at the customer site through Thursday evening. Travel home Thursday (depending on your home and customer location, you might not get home until the next day). Catch up on administrative items as needed on Friday.

I would work there again.
Pros
Keep your points for airlines, hotels, etc. Online and remote training is available.
Cons
Limited company provided classroom/lab training to learn new skills.
low moral among employees
VMWare System Administrator X86 (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 14, 2016
low pay, low energy between employees, good work life balance. No raises. might be promoted but still no raises. Job uncertainty. layoffs
Limited opportunity to enhance your skills
Professional 2: Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 14, 2016
When I joined CSC, iw as given some very challenging roles and assignments. But later on, I was assigned works which didn't suite my profile and skills. Initial compensation at the time of joining was very good abut after that compensation was stagnate. I enjoyed working with the people in my team and my senior management wasn also a joy to work with.
not a fun place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Worked from homeJuly 13, 2016
review and test changes and mods in the receivables part of the system. Verify receivables part of policy processing was in balance. Write up test procedures for problem issues.
never worked with one but i played at my coach house its an fun game
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2016
wake up go to work get off go to sleep. at csc I didnt do much watch the football field ,parking lot , or scan tickets. It was an easy fun job.
Nice environment
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJuly 5, 2016
Premium department is stressful but when you know your goals and your expectations they are encouraging and helpful..
great team approach- doing supply chain savings and readying the MedStar ORs for computerized charting and billing
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  MedStar project, Washington D.C. and Baltimore,Md.July 5, 2016
worked with a great team who taught me about supply chain and OR billing and scheduling and supplies.
Learned to use ACCESS and EXCEL, PIVOT TABLES,SOME CRYSTAL REPORTS, and PROJECT(Microsoft programs)
Pros
great team work
Cons
no cons
Most everyone that I encountered on the floor wanted to give therir best.
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 5, 2016
CSC was a good experience. If my circumstances were different I believe that this would have been a good launching pad for greater opportunities
Call Center Management personnel may have been great at handling calls prior to being promoted. But that in itself does not make for good Team Leads, Trainers or Supervisors. As a whole, they lacked the ability to lead individuals with diverse backgrounds both culturally and professionally. Their inability to motivate and recognized the different employees skill level was blatant and obvious when they interacted with individuals they were not socially aliened with.. As well, their weaknesses and their often failed ability to address their staff with respect and when required sensitivity resulted in a deflated moral. This created an uncomfortable work environment that resulted in most employees feeling overwhelmed and underappreciated.
Pros
Opportunities to advance
Cons
You made to feel like a robot.
Keep it private
Global CTO Manufacturing industries (Former Employee) –  GlobalJune 30, 2016
My reviews are private and not to be published
Great people,
Work culture could be better however work ethics are strong.

long time experience in technology.

Thanks
An Experience to remember
SENIOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 30, 2016
Very High stress position, a great test to yourself, this is a call center environment, 7min call resolution turn around is desired, as a previous admin and level 3 tech this was a challenge, and after 4 years I feel a success.
It's a good place to work who wants to learn more work
Qlikview developer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 29, 2016
it's very good place , And CEO behaves like a friend with us ,place also very comfortable to be free free,
here work is more but best suited place to , who wants to learn more skills and every thing , they leave us freely to do work they will not put presser on head
Pros
yeah it's free from tention
Your Just a Number
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 28, 2016
Left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Despite good performance reviews, never got a raise in 8 years of employment. Even after taking over the work of 3 other people they had laid off and did not replace. Only to be laid off myself. They force you to take vacation when they want you to and not when you want to take it. They made managers take 2 weeks off before April 1st this year, prior to accumilating the hours to cover the time off. Many of those managers who got laid off on June 1st, had a negative vacation balance because of this forced action. This meant that they had the negative vacation balance deducted from their last paycheck. I also worked 50 to 60 hours a week for upper management to get their bonuses. Now with at least one analyst saying with the purchase of HP Enterprises an estimated 65,000 will lose their jobs between the 2 companies. Good Luck to anyone that takes the gamble and goes to work for CSC.
Pros
Healthcare savings credits
Cons
Low pay, no raises, doing the work of numerous people, no appreciation of their employees
Great atmosphere
Event security (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 28, 2016
Very fun environment especially when working professional sporting events. Had great leaders that helped us get the job done. Told us the right places to be at the right time.
Pros
fun environment, breaks
Cons
Lots of standing
Ever changing IT environment
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Municipio de Isabela, PRJune 27, 2016
It's a great place to learn new technologies and interact with highly technical individuals from many different practices in the Information Technology world.

The online tutorial based CSC University program is really good.
Pros
Exposure to high level IT Enterprises
Cons
Growing opportunities
temp job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYJune 27, 2016
typical day at work - data entry for open enrollment for Part D applications

management - pretty much nonexistent

co-workers - stayed pretty much to themselves, they knew I was going to be there for a short time, what was the point of including me

hardest and best part of job - I was only there for 4 months
Pros
left alone for the
Cons
temp job, long commute
Wouldn't recommend working for CSC
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 24, 2016
I wouldn't recommend working for CSC, they aren't a company that appreciates their employee, they are company that continuously lays people off and puts more work on the rest of their employees. Which causes quality of work to deteriorate significantly.
Cons
Job security
A wonderful place to work if you enjoy sports.
Customer service, Usher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2016
It was an okay place to work. I was able to interact with the customers and ensure that they had a great experience while watching football.