CSC
1,237 reviews

CSC Employer Reviews

Great customer service training and daily feedback.
USCIS / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 24, 2014
Pros: gained outstanding customer service training and experience, 100% matching 401k.
Cons: no overtime, no raises, expensive medical benefits.
Call center environment divided into separate teams. Daily feedback from previous calls to provide excellent customer service in English and Spanish. Toughest part of the job is not being able to provide specific answers on legal immigration statuses for cases that have been pending for years.
Great workplace
Project Lead/Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 22, 2014
CSC has a great workforce that is full of talented people. The employees are given a 'free hand' to bring innovative ideas to the table and provide value adds to the clients.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Program Control Administrator (Former Employee), Mount Laurel NJDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: not enough upward mobility available
A group of newly graduated college professionals competing with ideas and out-of-the-box solutions to satisfy clients.

Bel esprits challenging each other and built very close professional relationships.
Demanding and fast paced environment
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 20, 2014
Pros: opportinity and challenges
Cons: excessive travel at times.
Creativity, hard work and results were highly valued and expected at Computer Sciences Corporation (formerly Policy Management Systems Corporation or PMSC). This allowed me to excel and advance in responsibilities and job titles to the point where I was the go to person for the products I was responsible for. I was able to start as someone who was a – more... novice at understanding computer software and Property and Casualty insurance to becoming an expert senior analyst through hard work, attending classes offered by the company and by communicating and learning from others.
The thing that I loved and also disliked was the requirement to travel to customer locations around the USA and Canada to communicate and document the customer's needs. The travel was at times extensive, lasting weeks or months, which required time away from my family and young children. It was because of this that I decided to leave the company to become a stay at home parent. The needs of my three children, especially my middle son with high functioning autism, required more assistance to help him become successful in middle school, high school and his early college years. He had many physician appointments, therapist appointments and needed a full time advocate to work with his teachers, design his 401k plan and schools to assure he was getting the best education and environment for his growth as a student and person. Now that he is a Junior at The College of Charleston, he is well on his way to becoming a productive and healthy person. I am now looking for new challenges for myself at this time. – less
good leadership
Good co-workers.
Good management.
No comments
Project Manager (Former Employee), Multiple cities in USADecember 15, 2014
Pros: working with multiple global businesses and clients
Cons: constant, never ending stress
I managed to survive 25 years at CSC. Every day was filled with extremely difficult challenges, not all of which were enjoyable. What I've learned is I should have departed 15 years ago while things were still in the positive upswing. I can't really give the management a big plus as it seemed I changed managers every year. Never really had time to get – more... to know most managers, before I was reassigned, they were reassigned or departed. Most of my co-workers were professional and very enjoyable to work with on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job ????,... Finding consistent, talented project resources in a timely manner. Pulled my hair out sometimes trying to find the talent I needed on projects. Most enjoyable part of my job was the opportunity to work with a multitude of large global clients, all of which presented different perspectives and ideas about business and technology and its applications. Really learned a lot. – less
CSC was a great company to work for. Good pay and benefits, and exposure to corporate IT.
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 10, 2014
My day consisted of monitoring the Montgomery-Kone help desk queue and working to resolve the issues that were reported. I worked with clients from MK sites located in all parts of the world. I handled the 3270 hardware depot repair, and work on the mainframe peripherals (Front End Processor, and Disk Drives). I also was in charge of the backup tape – more... rotation and retrieval. I was also the alternate for the technician in the McKinney,TX office. I built PC's, as well as Windows and Novell servers for MK. I handled network admin tasks such as creating users, resetting passwords, etc.

I learned a great deal about being a part of a close knit IT team at CSC. I was exposed to new processes and technology. I learned what it took to thrive in a corporate IT environment. Overall my year at CSC was a great experience.

The hardest part of my job, was leaving when the Pearson job opportunity opened up. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know and work with the employees at Montgomery-Kone. – less
Nice place
Client Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta GADecember 10, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: lost focus on customer service
Good job, company just went in a different direction. Customer service was no longer a priority and that made it very difficult to provide IT services.
Good team environment enjoyed working with all my team members
Associate Field Technician (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILDecember 9, 2014
Over the years on the Motorola account the number of team members fluctuated. I enjoyed working with all my team members.

While working on the Motorola account I learned how to troubleshoot software problems and network connectivity issues. I also learned how to support multiple versions of Microsoft Windows operating system.
Productive environment
QA Program Manager (Current Employee), DenverDecember 7, 2014
Challenging work
Friendly environment
CSC university has great place to learn
Good employees
installer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OkDecember 5, 2014
employees were fun to work with and we got the jobs done . the hardest part of the job is working in the heat.
A very fun place to work.
Event Staff Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2014
So many stories I can come up with, but one in particular is an event called TommorowWorld which was one of the best and my favorite event to work. A very fun atmosphere and all around good natured guests that are all about fun.
very orderly in superiving teams and crowds for guard doing what is needed
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), CADecember 2, 2014
for long hours like events (12 hours) from beginning to end supervisors and guards kept head in task, from basic tasks like bathroom duty for 2 to 3 hours then crowd duty another 2 to 3 hours, made me understand that being a security guard you have to work with all problems and know how to deal and apply what methods that were told at a moments notices, – more... co workers were great even under high pressure looked after each other and the visitors and entertainment, the hardest part of the job is the last hour of work and when you know your tired, the most enjoyable part of the job is closing using the arrow formation to get the last bit of the crowd safely out and on there way – less
Well rounded workplace
Print Services Framework Lead (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 2, 2014
Pros: chances to work in different frameworks
Cons: high chance of losng your job around the holidays every year
For myself it's been a great company to work for over the last 3 years, but also in my time I have seen some people lose their jobs due to reorganization. And as far as the serverance packages aren't that great neither considering there normally isn't any notice given.
Better place to work for freshers
Solution Specialist (Current Employee), Whippany, NJDecember 2, 2014
-Its a good place to work on your own, management is little bit disconnected with services team.
CSC was a great company to work for
Computer Programmer (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCNovember 27, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, learning computers
Cons: the commute
A typical day would be working on different computer programs. I was a contractor for the US Government and work on a variety of contracts. I learned different computer languages. I had great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the commute from Maryland to DC. The most enjoyable part was getting to work in a position with a variety of subjects. – more... I was never bored. – less
Technician Assistant Intern,
Technician Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Westford, MANovember 25, 2014
Responsibilities included:
 Desktop support specialist for hundreds of users in a Windows XP & 7 environment.
 Interfaces with end users to resolve basic problems concerning system functions reported through a problem ticket.
 Reviews information provided and diagnoses issue based on established, routine procedures and scripts. Resolves problems – more... by following basic scripts.
 Performs routine install, move, add, and change (ICMS) activities based upon prescribed procedures and processes and as specifically directed.
 Maintains currency regarding routine technological, product, process and/or other advances, specifically in line of service, to ensure team performance and achieve team objectives.
 Directed process improvements and metrics analysis/reporting
 Process flow creation, documentation & improvement.
 Server Administration & Management for Active Directory & Exchange (Windows 2010) – less
Productive and fun place to work
Tier I Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Barbourville, KYNovember 20, 2014
A typical day was being around great coworkers and management, nothing negative to say.
Company more concerned about the bottom dollar than the employee
Network Security Admin (Current Employee), Crane, INNovember 20, 2014
Locally, I can't complain since I'm a contractor working for the Navy so I mostly fall under the government schedules and holidays.

Corporately, this company will cut any corner to save themselves a dollar and butter it up to make it sound like a great deal to you all the while they're downgrading our vacation and health insurance to lower quality – more... programs. – less
great
Temp Service (Former Employee), atlantaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great
Cons: non
very good no problem great employer i just love love love the company really feel this is a great job for anyone seeking work

1 2 3 4 5

About CSC

For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.  Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the – Read more