CSC Employee Reviews

Found 1,464 reviews matching the search
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 17, 2017
Management needs to be replaced. This place is a revolving door and so unprofessional. The people they hire usually have no IT or desk supporr experience.
CSC Review
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norco, CAJune 16, 2017
CSC was a great company to work for with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. The executive leadership were well trained and loved help advance their staff.
Laid back atmosphere
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJune 15, 2017
Worked on servers and my zone of machines. The people who worked here were stand off ish and wasn't a work family, but more like clicks. My job lead had animosity towards me because I was getting paid more than him and he has been there a lot longer than me. The hardest part of the job was actually going to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was my breaks.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
The people I worked with
Fun and Informative Experience
Event Staff/Security (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2017
I met a couple of great people working there which I can honestly call my friends. I truly enjoyed the job, and most importantly seeing the smile on peoples' faces when they felt safe.
Turmoil
Principal (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 12, 2017
Came in right before merger was announced. Resources were very scarce and direction was lacking. Everyone was focused on positioning themselves for the merger.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lack of focus
Standard contract helpdesk environment.
Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 8, 2017
This was a standard helpdesk environment. Stats to make and very busy until contract changed. Then not enough work to keep busy. Was downsized due to contract.
Pros
Mon-Fri only for the contract I was on
Cons
Not stabile due to way contract helpdesk goes.
First job. Too long ago to review.
SAP Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 8, 2017
First job. Too long ago to review. Could be a very stressful environment. Management often shifted the blame for their mistakes onto the employees. Again, this was a long time ago.
Morale problems with no job security.
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCJune 8, 2017
Review system results from previous night's cycle. Read and distribute new project requirements from customer (rate filings, print requirements, document management changes, new billing requirements). Supervised 12 staff who were both technical and analysts. Follow up with staff on their existing projects. Learned how to use Mainframe systems, DB2 systems and some JAVA systems. The most enjoyable part of my job was to work closely with the customer(s) and to help them grow their business. The hardest job was admitting to my staff that there would be no raises over a 5 yr period much less a career path.
Pros
Immediate Manager was excellent.
Cons
Very low morale among employees.
Great workplace, free Texan games, rodeo, ice skating events and concerts
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2017
Hostel and diverse very busy
How to handle people
Varies depending what event
Staying positive while being cursed by visitors
Being apart of all the activities
Pros
concerts
Cons
short breaks and long walks
balance work enviorment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 1, 2017
Depending on the venue and post placement working for CSC can be either slow paced or fast going. You obtain on the job training and supervisor looks out each employee.
Good Organization
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 1, 2017
I enjoyed working for CSC for 2 1/2 years as a contract employee. The pay was very good; however I did not have any benefits. I would be happy to work for them again.
Pros
Provide training and personal attention when several CSC people are placed at the same organization
Cons
No benefits in my case.
Haven't worked there in awhile.
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 30, 2017
When I first started with the company it was good. After awhile, things got not so good. The client I worked for did not like contractors and made the work environment more difficult.

Management went from great and supportive to hostile and antagonistic.

I worked on multiple contracts and projects.

The last contract that I worked on was a partnership with multiple companies. The competition between the teams was brutal. The contract wound up getting downsized and since I was one of the new guys, I got cut first. The company gave no support to finding a new position.

I heard later that the entire division that I worked for has been shut down.
Pros
Management left you alone.
Cons
When management wanted to see you, it was NEVER good.
An Interesting Place to Work
Instructional Designer/ Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 5, 2017
CSC is an interesting place to work with lots of change and challenges. Excellent people work here however it is a culture of each your own an off-shoring which creates an environment and a culture of uncertainty.
Indifferent.
Supervisor - Operations (Former Employee) –  USAApril 5, 2017
The best I can say about CSC is it's a job. I initially accepted a role there due to the fact that they required US Citizens to work for them in their various roles, vs other companies I had worked for that would outsource to India or Brazil at the drop of a hat. That worked great until they discovered that Puerto Rico's labor market was dirt cheap and still fulfilled their ITAR requirements. Combine that with an impending HPE merger and it's not looking like a very strong place to have a career. Culturally, it lacked compared to some of the other companies I was honored to be a part of. People generally showed up, did their job and didn't care beyond that. Compensation is slightly lower than industry standard, both for staff and management, though their vacation policy is one of the best I've seen.
Not Applicable
Team Leader-Trainer (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 4, 2017
Not Applicable, there have been many changes with the overall company. Many in which I prefer not to share. There are opportunities to contribute on the department level.
Pros
Always looking for new talent
Cons
Lack of merit rewards
Great Team - Professional Atmosphere
Configuration Manager , Build and Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2017
Great Team
Professional Atmosphere
Strong Leadership
Leading Edge Technologies
Long Term Career Path
Room to grow on current position
Great Environment
Great job to start
VMI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2017
I really enjoyed this position and Company as I got to lern the business from the ground up. Great opportunities. The management team was great and company had great benefits
CSC Corporation overall has a lot to offer and continues to be an innovative, progressive and IT Industry Ieader.
Senior IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTApril 3, 2017
CSC is a good place to work ! However, certain divisions are currently undergoing a restructuring initiative which includes re-evaluation of strategic goals, objectives and budgets.. This has resulted in periodic RIFs ( Reduction in Force) which have impacted job security.
Pros
Good work environment. Team members suport each other to achieve group / team objectives, Management is flexible and strides to meet personal needs of employees.
Cons
Prolong Raise freezes, Frerquent Reducion in Force initiatives, Freudent Turn overs, Management Recognition of a job well done could use improvement.
Call Center Setting
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYMarch 31, 2017
If you like to talk on the phone and resolve issues for customers this is the job for you. Lots of hands on and customer service is a big plus at this job.
The benefit is to be able to work from home.
Associate Professional (Former Employee) –  Worked from homeMarch 31, 2017
I worked for CSC for 18 years then my position was moved to India. The benefit is to be able to work remotely and not having to drive into an office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSC. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval