CSC Employee Reviews

Found 1,321 reviews matching the search
Line employees are great. Management leaves much to be desired.
Senior Information Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 9, 2016
Company has been focused on increasing it's stock price over the last few years. As a result stock prices have increased, but at the expense of the morale of the employees that make the company what it is. Employees have been been asked to forgo raises while somehow management finds the money to purchase companies to add to the CSC portfolio. I find it odd that folks actually doing the work are asked to sacrifice while the folks making the "decisions" do not. Upper management receive their bonuses while line employees are lucky to receive a sincere pat on the back. This could be a great company. Emphasis on could.
Pros
The people I worked with.
Cons
Low pay and poor management.
Comprised of dedicated, hardworking people
Senior Professional Sales Solutions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 26, 2016
CSC is a large dynamic company full of great people. Everyone I have worked with has been extremely helpful, dedicated and professional. The company provides a nice balance between work and home life - offering flexible hours and remote work opportunities. However, higher level management constantly changes employee incentive plans and vacation policies - and not always for the better. While raises used to be the norm, they have become a rare occurrence as of late.
Pros
Flexible hours; great team members
Cons
Lack of raises; employee policies always changing
Positive and Uplifting
Sr Systs Analyst/Senior Comp Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2016
CSC gives a person the the ability to expand their horizons and build on their education and experience. The work place is developmental and always improving to aid the employee and the experience. I would continue to work for CSC if I could, But contracts as they are do change. Although CSC does its level best to either keep you as an employee or assists you in reaching other gainful employment.
Pros
Benefits are great. People are great to work with. Knowledgable
Cons
Contract work is not infinite. It does end.
Stressful Job
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJanuary 19, 2016
Csc is an extremely stressful place to work. We work with life insurance. A typical day consists of sitting in your cubical answering 50+ calls a day and putting in and processing work. The Hardest part of my job is not being aloud to get up and move around, and also the emotions that come with the calls. Most callers are upset or angry. The most enjoyable part is definitaly my co-workers, they are such an amazing group of people, and always willing to help in any way that they can.
Pros
Great co-workers, Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Stressful, Managers are not very helpful.
Worst Management Ever, Bad organizational culture
On-Site Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  Bogotá, CUNOctober 30, 2015
This company treats it's employees like they are all crooks and does not stand up for them. If you want a knife in the back come work here.

The pay was good for this site, not sure how CSC stacks up in other locations. The benefits were pretty good. The back and forth on whether you got paid for overtime was confusing. Such argument over such little money.

The management was some of the worst I have ever worked with especially in the USSOUTHCOM AOR (TCSC). Every decision is made not in the employees favor even when it would not hurt the customer.

Bad work place culture if you were not in the in click don't make a suggestion because you will get yelled at. I practically got fired just for suggesting a HelpDesk Management product.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Benefits
Cons
Bad Management
Excellent comp/benefits; lacking in work/life balance
Database Administrator/Architect/Developer (Former Employee) –  Norco, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Great comp and benefits; work/life balance was absent - weekends and nights mandatory due to tight project timelines (Agile methodology used).
A good company that is undergoing much needed transformation.
Marketing Communications Principal (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 1, 2015
CSC is undergoing a much needed transformation in the way the business is managed. Transformations present both opportunities and challenges and this one is no exception. Work - Life balance is the biggest challenge for employees. Fire drills are the norm. Resistance is futile.

The good news is that employees are genuinely smart, caring and ethical. CSC solutions and services are above average and service delivery is job number one.
Pros
Healthy salaries
Cons
Few opportunities to increase your salary once hired.
Csc
Operations and Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2016
The Program Director passionately enforces work and life balance and delivers the appropriate compensation when the expected work performance is executed.
Great location
Senior Associate Workflow (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 15, 2016
Job location was great and management and benefits are Perfect!! Great Team work and location. Provided all materials to complete your job and Senior personnel always was there to help.
More Holes than Swiss Cheese
Associate Professional System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2016
Anyone who has worked at CSC --- current and previously HATES it there.

This is going to be my honest review. If you meet anyone who has ever worked there, you will hear the same thing. On the interview, they will promise you things and never follow through. I left my previous position because I was advised I would gain more experience in Unix, Archiving, System Admin and there would be continuous training opportunities and classes available. But the truth was this wasn't the case. I sat around for 6 weeks doing nothing because they had issues with obtain access. Either paperwork was submitted on time, at all or not together at one time. For months, I had no clue what I was suppose to be doing. It was never clear what their expectations of you were.

I loved my coworkers, but everyone was under managed and given little direction on what our work was. They fired all the legacy workers that were suppose to train us. They were either let go before we got there or in the middle of our training. Training was then left in complete and you were forced to figure out how to do your job, even if you didn't have access to some of the servers or knew what program they used to generate tickets.

People were thrown on on-call without little noticed and up to weeks at a time. You are not permitted to work from home unless it was approved by a manager and most cases if you were on-call and were up throughout the night, you are expected to drive to the office the following morning. Some people were working up to 50-100 hours with little sleep and if you aren't able to make it in because
  more... you're sick, need a day off because you were working for 10 straight days, or needed to work from home because you were too tired to drive in, they would force you to your sick/vacation time (even if you were working from home).

We weren't permitted to talk to our clients about our need for training on their software.

They instituted a POD system that broke up teams ie. Backups, Windows, Unix, and etc into several groups where everyone had to report to different managers who knew nothing about their teams. So, there would be a Team Meeting for your POD color and then a separate one for your original team which made you report to a manager, a lead, and then a pod manager. You never knew who was suppose to approve your time. You end up attaching multiple people to emails and timecards for approvals.

Managers were also swapped onto different accounts and POD teams. They had no access to your accounts and were basically useless other than being HR reps. In the Pittsburgh office, there is no HR department.

It was a revolving door of employees either quitting from frustration, lack of direction or they were fired. They stated that the building was hold 600 employees, but weren't able to break 150 because of the continuous because people were always leaving. Some weeks up to 10 people would leave while some weeks maybe one person left. The lack of people would put more pressure on the teams that hemorrhaging because of the lack of people, but they were expected to put more hours and do more work without questioned.

There are no promotions nor raise in salary. My trainer worked there for 8 years and never received a raised, but the CFOs and stakeholders would receive their yearly bonuses.

Most client accounts are exempt from the national holiday schedule. So expect to work all but 5 days... Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Day and New Years Eve and Day.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No Work from Home, On-Call, Management, Wage, Expectations
Fast pace environment with fun co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 22, 2015
Working at CSC has taught me patience and customer care. I've learned to politely take peoples concerns and help them with all information available. I enjoy the company of co-workers willing to share their skills and tips. Although it is a big site everyone is friendly and understanding to any needs or accommodations.
Pros
Benefits, Fixed schedules, Hours
Cons
No increase in pay, no overtime opportunities
I would liked to have been hired full time at this job. Overall it was a good place to work and the people were great to work with
Data Entry processor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILAugust 12, 2016
I enjoyed the job I had entering data. I learned a lot about the insurance policies as to what is needed before changes happen on the policies. The necessary paperwork needed along with signatures too. If you had any questions you asked and they were great to answer any questions you had. But the hardest part was getting to those places where you needed to ask the questions before they would show you. Once you got the info you were good to go and work till you were content. Management worked with you greatly if you needed time off. It was a fun atmosphere to work with your co-workers. Very clean place to work too.
Pros
Worked at your own pace, people worked with were great, very clean environment, decent pay
Cons
Not much training for job
Life of a contractor
GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR - SR PROFESSIONAL HR (Current Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSSeptember 15, 2015
Contracts end. There is no way around it. Even if it gets renewed, the customer may not want to buy as much of the service as they did last time. If your looking for job security, look at how much is left on the contract. Other than that, you get to work on some amazing projects and with amazing people.
Pros
Good work life balance, benefits and educational opportunities
Cons
C suite works in a vacum, please get info from the program managers before placing bids
Senior Executive Administrator (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 4, 2016
I like my job here, but I am moving to the DE area and need to find a job.

We have great leadership in our team. Our leader is fair and treats everyone the same no matter what the position.
Pros
Team Leadership
Benefits
Toxic enviroment with potential for improvement
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 9, 2016
CSC has been executing significant reductions in workforce over the last couple of years. US employees are given a one-day notice and most feel very little job security.

Company performance reported to the market during this same period has been positive but internal communications indicate that business objectives have been missed resulting in an inability to fund bonuses. Raises have also been virtually non-existent. Employee morale has suffered greatly due to these actions and many employees are faced with working long hours to pick up the slack.

On the positive side, CSC and a segment of HPE are merging and have the potential to be an industry leader. Hopefully, this will result in investment in employees and a more positive work environment.
Pros
global corporation with steadily improving stock price
Cons
continuous cuts in workforce, virtually no raises, no bonuses, low employee morale
Big company, doesn't care about its employees
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYAugust 5, 2015
Big company in many sectors. Bids on contracts very low and pays for it by cutting employees off a the knees. Managers at PM level take little responsibility for their programs or people.

Benefits are good if it is decided you deserve them and there is no real standard. Handbooks aren't followed by HR sometimes and employees suffer. Good employees who are married to the Military customer are terminated during PCS and rehired as a new employee once they get to a new post with a loss of seniority and benefits.

Bottom line: If you are an employee you are expendable. If you are a higher level manager you will get plenty of golf time.
Pros
Good team at line level
Cons
Employees are treated poorly, Management has no responsibility and don't take care of their people.
Nice place to work for
Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 4, 2016
100% phone support I work 2 different accounts, need to complete the call within a 8 -11 minute time frame, can't always be accomplished when trying to troubleshoot certain issues.

I have learned a great deal since starting here, Office 365, Skype, Iphones and Andoids.

My immediate manager is great, he will try to accommodate your schedule as need be.

As like in any place one works there are always a couple of people who are not team players but overall they are good people.

The hardest part of the job is completing some calls in less than 11 minutes.

I like what I do I enjoy helping people and having them happy when we end a call.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Takes to long to become permanent.
Decent company that tries to retain it's employees.
Solutions Architect for Ingersoll-Rand (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 23, 2016
CSC was a good company to work for and they attempted to turn it profitable after some tough years. During my time there they always attempted to train the employees to keep them current with technology and whenever possible chose alternative methods to layoffs to remain profitable. Unfortunately that could not save me during the recent merger with HP and I'm currently on the market for a new position due to a reduction in force. I have no hard feelings towards the management of the company as they were great to work with and genuinely wanted to make the employees successful. I walked away with an AWS Solutions Architect certification and a severance to help me during my time searching for a new job; if given the opportunity I'd definitely work for them again.
Pros
Training and certification.
Cons
Difficult time maintaining profitability.
Not a great company to work for
Business Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parsipanny NjOctober 8, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive co-workers. Poor compensation and benefits. Long work hours, there was no work-life balance. Lots of opportunities for advancement for people who don't care much about ethics in general. Very unprofessional management.
Pros
people
Cons
compensation, benefits
good job, good training, good management. ok pay
Maintenance Operations Analyst/Database management (Former Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVNovember 5, 2015
Fun work place, management actually cared about their people. really good job. Pay was lower than the current industry, security was great. Benefits were great
Pros
casual mission oriented environment
Cons
wearing steel toed boots to an office job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSC. Our community is ready to answer.