CSC
1,330 reviews

CSC Employer Reviews

Turbulent time in the company's history
Senior Executive Assistant to Vice President (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAMarch 3, 2015
The best learning experience was when I supported the Federal Management Consulting Strategy Group. This Vice President included me as he built the organization from scratch. He utilized me as his right so I participated in helping him grow and support the organization from 3 consultants to over approximately 200 when it included the Technology Consulting Group. That unit was broken off and Strategy Group then had over 100 people. The best professional experience of my career.
You are only a number.
Senior Desktop Technician (Former Employee), ohioFebruary 27, 2015
You are only a number not a person. Once you get to expensive for them they cut the strings and say see you later have a nice life. Then they go out an hire someone else for less money. Don't waste your time with this place.
Company is OK
Team Lead for FDIC NOC (Current Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great
Cons: bad
I would like to thank CSC for all they have done to help me advance in my professional career. Hats off to you. Let me take this time to again say, thank you.
Placed in a position where I do not get much work and I am basically overlooked in the company
Associate Professional (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2015
I got placed in a position where I basically get no work and so I learn nothing and have no chance to really prove myself. Because of this lack of work, I am always not certain if my job is very secure since there was not much work I was given anyways
Getting paid to have fun
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: getting paid to be at concerts and hockey games
Cons: standing in one spot for a long time
This was my favorite job so far. I got to watch some of my favorite bands while getting paid for it! Also, I was taught to handle some difficult situations with intoxicated and unruly people. This is has given me more experience with customer service!
Profit oriented to the detriment of customers and employees
Director, Quality, Lean / Six Sigma (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAFebruary 22, 2015
Laid of thousands of workers in the past 2 years to increase profits and bonuses for the leaders. Employees are skilled and hard working and deserve better leaders.
Intern Position
Intern (Former Employee), Newark, DEFebruary 21, 2015
They weren't ready for an intern, no much was provided for me to do and there wasn't much they were willing to teach me and for the most part it turned into busy work
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches, overtime, benefits, and good work hours
Cons: sit down at desk for long periods of time, job security
A typical day at work is to come in and log on to the computer and log in to the phone system. Open all necessary applications to service the incoming calls. I learned a lot about fixed annuities, it is still a daily learning process. The management has genuine care for the employees.My co-workers are all friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is finding the correct information to provide to the customers, I want to be as informative and accurate as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers and making them feel comfortable with speaking to me about their questions and concerns.
event staffing to ensure safety and enjoyment of everyone attending the event
Event Staff (Current Employee), Atlanta areaFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: i enjoy duties i do
Cons: not enough jobs or hours
Each event is different so are the post I work
Crowd management even took a course
each event I have different co-worker most just show up for the paycheck
the safety of each person at the event depend on me doing my job
everyday is different
Productive fun environment
PC Support Technician (Current Employee), Alameda, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: it was a very nice environment, everyone is friendly.
Cons: no cons
On a typical day I would do phone support for The North Face Stores and do support for local users. I learn how to imaged PC's from a SCCM build, configure printers with the IP Address assigned to a store, remote into user PC's, and also Remedy ticket queue.
It is an OK company to work for
Duty Officer (Current Employee), Virginia, USAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: it is a large company so it has many job opportunites
Cons: being such a large company it can be very in-personal at times
I work at an off-site location on a contract so I have never been a part of the company culture.

The workforce is very diverse as are the job opportunities. It also has a very large number of clients government and private so there is an opportunity to change positions within this company
Not bad, can be way better
Electronics Technician 2 (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSFebruary 16, 2015
In my opinion this is a good company to work for but they are lacking in some areas and pay is one of them. I'm currently locked into a pay rate that the department of labor states they must use for my area. Other technicians on the same devices in other states are either making more because of where they live or are union and get pay raises every year. This is frustrating because when I travel and I do travel often enough to work with other sites they are making more money, do less work, and generally have less knowledge. It is very frustrating to see the union guys get raises while the rest of us get nothing and management cares very little at all about it.
High paced
Professional (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAFebruary 16, 2015
Cons
There's little room for career advancement
Little to no rewards for going the extra mile
Tense work environment, lots of layoffs
Little work and life balance

Pros
A good amount of resources available to employees
Large company
fun place to work
greeter (Former Employee), Miramar, FLFebruary 14, 2015
This was my first job. Got to meet new and interesting people. Worked with many high profile people. Overall fun place to work while building networking skills.
Confused company
systems engineer (Former Employee), san diegoFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: benifts good...co workers great
Cons: lack of concern for employees..no loyalty what so ever.
Worked 14 yrs. 2 accounts. Co workers at both accounts were excellent...clients were wonderful.
Management? Horrendus...managers were either on the opposite coast or in another country...my annual evaluations were done by someone who never met me nor even knows what i really do...nor do they care. I had at least 8 supervisors in my time there. The company is more concerned with investors than customers or employees..
My job itself was good but usually lacked tools or training...many hours spent on my own time learning new technology because management promised to the customer...but no funding. We are told...'make it work'
CSC Sad Cooperation
Senior Assistant Customer Support (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: shortened breaks to 10 minutes
Cons: reviews without notice
Very poor respect for clients and employees. This company is very deceiving . They have very poor employee, relationship. This was a very sad experience, and we never knew what to expect. They made rules to fit what was needed for their sinking ship.
Awesome place
Security officer (Current Employee), sandyFebruary 10, 2015
I enjoy working with CSC. I get to do many different things.The supervisors are really nice people. i would like to become a supevisor
Good Place to Work
Web Developer/ Systems Analyst/ Programmer (Current Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 8, 2015
Co-workers and management for the most part are very incouraging to good to work for.

Sometimes required to work and exceed 40 hours per week.
CSC Outsourcing
Storage and Backup Team's Lead (Current Employee), houston, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great folks at the account level
Cons: senior management out of touch
CSC has great staff at the account level. Currently going through a company wide reorganization with a flawed strategy. Monthly layoffs create a very unmotivated work force.
Future at CSC uncertain
Manager (Current Employee), NJFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: pay is decent
Cons: no raises or bonuses for past 2 years, performance ratings need much improvement
Not sure what's happening at CSC, but definitely nerve racking as layoffs are happening all around. Be very cautious in joining at this time.

1 2 3 4 5

About CSC

For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.  Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the – Read more

CSC Salaries