CSC

1.7K reviews

CSC Employee Reviews

Found 1,199 reviews matching the search
Sr. Project/Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 12, 2016
Good team work, responsible management and the company is family oriented. Good team work and support. Good management support, teamwork and good culture.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
Excellent comp/benefits; lacking in work/life balance
Database Administrator/Architect/Developer (Former Employee) –  Norco, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Great comp and benefits; work/life balance was absent - weekends and nights mandatory due to tight project timelines (Agile methodology used).
Fun place to enjoy yourself
Full-time Junior Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Good place to work for coders. Consulting is not for beginners. Work load is high. Vacation time less. No extra facilities.
CSC is a pure IT Company.
Lead for Raytheon UNIX off site (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 2, 2016
CSC provides the opportunities for employees if they make the efforts to seek advancement. For individual who are use to working at a customers site CSC is great. You are there to assist the customer and CSC provides you with the tools to handle incidents and problems so you never alone.
Pros
Large organization
Cons
Not as personalized as a bricks and mortar based company.
Enjoyed everything about my position
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 31, 2016
Loved working with the Civilians. It was a service call center where all the building service calls came through me or who was at the desk we would issue out work order tickets to the appropriate facilities management worker.
Workplace Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 28, 2016
CSC offers flexible hours and is a great place to work if you are concerned with work life balance. The company has a very diverse culture and creates opportunities to grow and even expand into locations all across the US.
Great Experience
Senior Solutions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 26, 2016
I am glad to have had the opportunity to have worked for CSC, both at the beginning and towards the end of my tenure at Volpe. I learned a great deal about Volpe and NHTSA and FMSCA while working for them.
Pros
Great learning opportunities, helpful management
Nice to work here
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 24, 2016
learned a lot working here.
enjoyed working here.
nice work place and colleague are helpful with each other.
would like to work with them again in future.
Service Desk Analyst (Night-Shift) (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Lots of work every day and happy folks on the other end of the phone line. Just answer the phone calls and assists clients and follow protocols. Management is great. Co-worker are awesome. There's no hard part of the day if you love helping people and computers!
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
No cons
Grand Mess with the continuous org and reorg
Portfolio Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 22, 2016
The company does not value its employees.
There is a lot of bureaucracy that negatively impacts the growth and advancement of the employees.
Not a good place to work no advancement
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJanuary 21, 2016
I worked at the carolstream location for 8 years with low pay an no advancement. I decided to pursue other opportunities when i found out temp workers were making more than me. This company doesn't take care of the employees im glad i left an now have a career that i love.
Pros
1Hour lunch
Cons
Wish i could get my 8 years back from this company.
Stressful Job
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJanuary 19, 2016
Csc is an extremely stressful place to work. We work with life insurance. A typical day consists of sitting in your cubical answering 50+ calls a day and putting in and processing work. The Hardest part of my job is not being aloud to get up and move around, and also the emotions that come with the calls. Most callers are upset or angry. The most enjoyable part is definitaly my co-workers, they are such an amazing group of people, and always willing to help in any way that they can.
Pros
Great co-workers, Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Stressful, Managers are not very helpful.
Great location
Senior Associate Workflow (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 15, 2016
Job location was great and management and benefits are Perfect!! Great Team work and location. Provided all materials to complete your job and Senior personnel always was there to help.
Good team work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 11, 2016
At CSC, we it is all about team. We share work, watch each other's backs. But there is too much paper work out side work to do.
Learned a great deal during my time there
intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2016
I learned what I needed in order to gain experience in my career field. I would not recommend working here, management does not seem to care for its employees or their needs.
Pros
Shorter work days
Cons
No breaks
Senior Executive Administrator (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 4, 2016
I like my job here, but I am moving to the DE area and need to find a job.

We have great leadership in our team. Our leader is fair and treats everyone the same no matter what the position.
Pros
Team Leadership
Benefits
Good company to work for straight out of college
Sr. Professional: Program Control (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 3, 2016
Good company to work for straight out of college. They also employee a "bench" program to maintain current staff during mergers and/or layoffs
Very Busy, some what enjoyable work place
Receptionist/ Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 2, 2016
In a typical day at work the office is very busy and always moving/ kept busy. What I learned working here is how to better deal with
management, co-workers, and difficult clients. Also working here has opened me up more to the medical practice, as well has excelled my experience with multiple computer software's. The hardest part of this job would be over booked with client appointments, and having walk-in hours.
A great place to grow in experience and responsibility
Principal Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Newington, VADecember 30, 2015
CSRA (Formerly CSC) is a very rewarding place to work. There is an open door policy from you immediate supervisor up to and including the CEO. There are plenty of opportunities to expand your career horizon. As in all places this depends primarily on your own initiative. But I found that there was always avenues open for my exploration and advancement.
Pros
Great educational possibilities, Forward-looking executives
Cons
Many organizational changes
Good work environment, Good social skills.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, INDecember 17, 2015
Working together is the best way to get a job done. And for it to be safe and clean work environment. I had moved up three positions in this company with in 6 months. I learned to Corrugate Card Board. Not really any breaks if so maybe five min. But over all the job was Great I like the environment.
Pros
Bonus every mounth.
Cons
Poor maintenance