CSC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,252 reviews matching the search
Not easy to get pay raises.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 26, 2016
I have not received a pay raise in 3 years due to company cost cutting proceedures. The company has some great people that work for it. The benefits package is pretty good although the salary is not that impressive.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, healthcare, 401k
Cons
Very difficult to get internal jobs.
good to work in csc
Performance Engineer (Former Employee) –  INMay 24, 2016
It is good place to learn for freshers , management was very good in handling freshers and giving necessary training to meet the goals.cheers for that
Slash and Burn Mentality
Oracle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 24, 2016
With the exception of very senior management and the C level staff, the people at CSC are great. The most significant issue with CSC is there is no employee loyalty from the senior management and C level staff. They are purely revenue driven.
no job growth
JobTitle - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 21, 2016
No job growth , low pay and lack of work hours. Good trainers and co workers . Over time does not exist , The health insurance is not affordable.
Pros
good trainers and co-workers
Cons
low pay and hardly no hours thru the spring and summer
Very demanding place, tons of work, salary is ok.
Corporate Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 20, 2016
busy company, a lot of subsidiaries, a lot of work.
quarterly end closing is busiest. Sometimes worked 100+ hours per week.
year end is worst, work very hard.
work with excel, access, hyperion, corptax, sap all the time.
A good place to get started.
Security/Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2016
The company is a decent place to work if you have a disability, need a job with no skills(they provide the training), or a part time filler job.

You do get to work in a fast paced area, where you are constantly surrounded by all walks of life.
Pros
experience if you are going to further a career in security
Cons
no benefits
love the people
community service center (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OKMay 17, 2016
the work is tough and its hard work to do but at the end of the day its worth it to see the smiles on the clients faces is priceless when they are happy the workers are happy!
Pros
good feeling of helping others, great staff
Cons
long hours and always on the go
fun place to be apart of.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2016
fun place to work.learing more about security at the Stadium.most of the people are friendly and take their time to get the jobs done.Right the first time around.
People are wonderful and hardworking
Clinical Systems Administrator/Analyst/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, GAMay 13, 2016
Employees are loyal and hardworking but the company seems to have lost the appreciation and value of its most important assets, their employees. Examples, No raises in over 3 years, Reducing work force when contracts end giving no bench to draw from when new clients onboard and providing no job security.
Pros
great people
Cons
long hard hours without compensation or appreciation or loyalty to the employee from the company
terrible place to work BEWARE**
senior acoount rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILMay 12, 2016
CSC Jacksonville I'll is a terrible place to work. Forced overtime. Penalties for not working it. Management is a group of highschool acting girls who would rather online shop then help their employees. Accordia is a joke. No one gets their money, checks bounce, elderly people calking crying all the time. This company is a rip off all the way around. Glad I walked out and never looked back
Pros
Cons
everything
Excellent exposure to VIP clients
On-site Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  AsunciónMay 12, 2016
Constantly interacting with customers supporting their mission in South America. opening tickets for every technical issue both Hardware and software. I learned a great deal with the way operations are managed working in an international environment.
I had a great teamwork environment that supported all of the technical staff working overseas. Hardest part of the work was the immediate adjustment to moving to a different country and learning how to get around. The most enjoyable part was seeing the positive impact my hard work provided to clients making sure that their mission was rarely interrupted.
Pros
Challenges were met everyday both work and life
Cons
job security was always an issue due to contract changes almost every two years
Review on csc
Sr. Netbackup/SAN administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 5, 2016
Good Organization.
Exposed my skills in different technologies.
Worked in a huge data environment.
Got chance to learn many technologies.
Best organization for my carrier growth and worked for heterogeneous clients.
work experience for the first time remote
client as an ARK Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  remote working from homeMay 3, 2016
it was a great group of people I have worked with on the project, management has always been there and available to help out,
Worked helpdesk for users at Johnson Space Center during the Shuttle era.
Cutomer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2016
Giving workstation and sever assistance to 14,000 users. Helping users with Microsoft Office issues. Opening trouble tickets, logging problems, and dispatching appropriate technicians.
Pros
Very exciting working at NASA and meeting the people involved with the Space Program
Cons
Sad when Space Shuttle program closed down
Company in transition
Associate Professional Data Security (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 25, 2016
CSC is a company in transition. I enjoyed working there but I fear they are letting go a lot of the wrong people in the process of going through their corporate split up. It was a tough but fair environment and I appreciated my co-workers.
Pros
Occasionally challenging
Cons
infrequent pay increases. Vacation micromanagement
The checks cash
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2016
to many amateurs working in posts that need better training. Scheduling is always screwed up. a lot of things need to be fixed. way unorganized. Could use a strong branch MGR.
Laid back atmosphere
Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 18, 2016
40 - 50 calls a day regarding calls ranging from a simple password reset to the complete setup of an email account. Management is approachable. Co-workers are laid back as well. The hardest part of the job is the tools can be a challenge to deal with due to them being outdated. The most enjoyable part of the job is my schedule. I get to pick up my kids from school.
Pros
n/a
Cons
no benefits
So many people constantly coming and going.
Licensed Non Commissioned Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
I do not find the job difficult to do, I would like to be paid more. Sometimes the customer get a little to drunk and way too aggressive.
Csc
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 16, 2016
Time flew here and it was essential to learn to put your phone on forward and walk away from it for lunch, breaks, even potty trips. Handling four back to back hurricanes was hard for the client and just as hard for us.I learned quickly to obtain essential data, and set aside five minutes - no more, no less - to let the client vent before moving on. The best part of the job was knowing no one was hurt; the hardest knowing life was lost. Oddly, as co-workers we didn't know each other well. When a chance for peace and quiet presented itself, we took advantage of of it. Managers left us alone to do our jobs while making sure we know they were there to help if needed.
Pros
Coming in to find that someone, who always remained anonymous, had come in even earlier with Starbucks coffee and muffins on your birthday.
Cons
Telling an elderly client that their beloved home of many years could not be recovered, and that a condo rep would be in touch with them shortly. It really was all gone.
Call Center overdrive
IT Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 13, 2016
On call from shift start to shift end, except for when you have a scheduled break, that you are unable to take at the scheduled time due to the high call volume. Despite the busy days, I still liked it there. The people I worked with are great, and there is lots of diversity.
Pros
overtime, and the people you work with
Cons
volunteered for holidays instead of volunteering on my own, and 20+ passwords to remember