CSC Employee Reviews

Found 1,441 reviews matching the search
new learnign experiences
Processor/Commissions (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJanuary 31, 2017
typical day would be answering phones assisting agent and providing them with 110% on figuring out the answers to their questions. I have learned alot about mergers and job security as well as the requirements of my job. The work place culture has a wide variety of people there from all cultures. The hardest part of the job is getting yelled at and cussed at and not being able to say anything and just sit there and take it. Its very rewardign to be able to help people and meet all kinds of cultures there as well as talk to them on the phone.
Pros
close to home
Cons
management/ job security
Demanding Culture
Senior Professional (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 6, 2016
The executive assistant’s job is fast-paced, with many responsibilities....and in this environment, even more so. Change is an understatement. With on-going transformation from year-to-year, minimum assistance on learning new applications causing a delay in getting things accomplished. Constant RIF's which boils down to the making the numbers. No work-life balance, high demands, and little respect for scheduled time off at all levels. This is a hard working culture with a tremendous sacrifice to one's personal life.
It is better not to work at customer site
Transport Watch Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDFebruary 14, 2017
I have no idea who my manager was. I do not believe I ever met them. IK worked at a customer site. It did not matter what your review said, everyone got the same raise. There was no incentive at all to stay.
Pros
My paycheck was always on time
Cons
Work life balance, Management, benefits are super expensive
Computer Sciences Corporation
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasDecember 3, 2016
CSC at one point was a very good company to work for and had exceptional people and management. That however is no longer true and I would encourage anyone who is looking for employment and if they have other options please exercise your other options. This is not a corporation that you want to hang your hat on but if you need an opportunity to use it as a stepping stone then I would say that would be okay otherwise I would not recommend CSC as a place to work long-term
Pros
The pay is competitive
Cons
Poor management poor structure
Toxic enviroment with potential for improvement
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 9, 2016
CSC has been executing significant reductions in workforce over the last couple of years. US employees are given a one-day notice and most feel very little job security.

Company performance reported to the market during this same period has been positive but internal communications indicate that business objectives have been missed resulting in an inability to fund bonuses. Raises have also been virtually non-existent. Employee morale has suffered greatly due to these actions and many employees are faced with working long hours to pick up the slack.

On the positive side, CSC and a segment of HPE are merging and have the potential to be an industry leader. Hopefully, this will result in investment in employees and a more positive work environment.
Pros
global corporation with steadily improving stock price
Cons
continuous cuts in workforce, virtually no raises, no bonuses, low employee morale
I do not recommend working for CSC
Assistant Senior Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 15, 2016
CSC promotes a culture of doing more with less. Fully staffed, my team should be 12 persons strong but for the past 4 years, through attrition or other means, the staffing has gone from 12 people down to 5 with a 50% increase in work load for each remaining person. They are fond of laying off people just before the holidays, falsely accusing employees of making threats against other employees. Little to no communication or guidance from management and policies that change upon the whim of upper management. They also do not provide for cost of living increases and if you have to drive from site to site for your position, they make if very difficult to get reimbursed for travel expenses. You may wait months before having your accounts ready so you can perform your regular job duties, they delay setting up email accounts and then will chew you out for not having your account and not responding to emails, even if they have not created your email account.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
CSRA Culture Review
Senior SAP Consultant (Current Employee) –  7000 Lincoln Drive, Marlton, NJOctober 31, 2016
I have been with CSRA for the past four years. Since the first day I started on November 19th, 2012 I felt CSRA (Formally CSC) is the place where one can enhance and sharpen his technical skills. CSRA enjoys a wealth of professionals with wide range of talents that one may learn from.
The work environment is varied and challenging with lots of opportunities for advancement. The management staff is well balanced with people's management skills and technical knowledge.
I am looking forward for a long relationship with CSRA and would love the opportunity to continue my contribution of knowledge and skills for the advancement of this great company.
Pros
Technically advanced environment
Cons
Sometimes the paper work is overdone
No Raises
ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 10, 2017
No raise for 4 years but worked hard. Too may lay offs due to company merger with HPE. Worked with a great group of people, but most were laid off. Like most companies, health insurance was pay now or pay later plans.
Pros
Cons
No Raises / Layoff due to HPE merger
Its a hard place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Municipio de Isabela, PRJanuary 19, 2017
Poor management, culture is understandable no alignment with the employees, no raise , supervisors w/o ethic. no more comments
A nice company to work with.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 11, 2017
Learned new products of it in Life insurance domain. Management is good to only few extent. The workplace culture is very good. Hard to survive when you do career change inside the company.
Pros
Good legacy of culture
Cons
no work from home
Worst Staffing company ever
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2017
CSC has become a staffing company with no differentiators. There will never be any raises or investment in the people of this company under the current CEO and leadership. Most unethical organization I have ever been a part of.
employees do not get any raises only management
Senior Assistant Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILFebruary 5, 2017
work environment is fine and the people you work with are great. There are employees who have worked there and not gotten a raise in 12 years only management get raises.
Poor Leadership
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VADecember 21, 2016
Flexible working hours, however too much turnover and lack of sound leadership and management at the necessary levels.
Pros
invests in new technology
Cons
benefits, job security
Your Just a Number
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 28, 2016
Left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Despite good performance reviews, never got a raise in 8 years of employment. Even after taking over the work of 3 other people they had laid off and did not replace. Only to be laid off myself. They force you to take vacation when they want you to and not when you want to take it. They made managers take 2 weeks off before April 1st this year, prior to accumilating the hours to cover the time off. Many of those managers who got laid off on June 1st, had a negative vacation balance because of this forced action. This meant that they had the negative vacation balance deducted from their last paycheck. I also worked 50 to 60 hours a week for upper management to get their bonuses. Now with at least one analyst saying with the purchase of HP Enterprises an estimated 65,000 will lose their jobs between the 2 companies. Good Luck to anyone that takes the gamble and goes to work for CSC.
Pros
Healthcare savings credits
Cons
Low pay, no raises, doing the work of numerous people, no appreciation of their employees
Hard and stressful work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILFebruary 9, 2017
a typical day at work I take around 30-40 phone calls
I learned a lot of customer service skills
management changed a couple times, high turn over rate in all categories.
workplace culture is pretty negative not a lot of positive impacts.
the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist the callers when I can, and I work remote while being in college.
Do not take a job with CSC
Desktop IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  MAJanuary 9, 2017
No raises. Layoffs just before holidays. More work for you after layoffs but no more pay. You are only a number to get work done with no compensation. Turn and run away if you are offered a job!
Pros
Cons
Low pay, No raises, Pressure to do more than can be done in a day, always playing with vacation time like telling you when you can use it, BAD COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Great for learning and entry level, not so great for salary/experienced
Consultant, Programer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Municipio de Isabela, PRAugust 24, 2016
You arrive, grab the phone, call the client, give any updates on your progress, listen to their new findings annotate new requirements.

Keep programming, create documentation, see no rewards (you need to perform well over 100% to get minuscule performance bonus to your salary, but you do get them), receive email reprimands when you are not to standard, keep programming, call the client, setup meeting, make the company millionaire.

Basically if you start here work hard to improve yourself, educate, get few years of experience and move on quickly.
Life Insurance rep.
Senior Assistant Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILDecember 12, 2016
I answer the phones for reps that work in customer service, however, I did start out as a normal phone rep, but was promoted. I enjoy my job but am looking for a location that respects and promotes their employees.
Pros
Great hours and I work from home for the Company
Cons
No raises even when you receive exceeds expectations on all reviews.
It's a job.
Professional Application Designer (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Working with CSC is okay, but you don't get the perks you would get for being an actual employee of the company they place you at. They no longer have a retirement plan or accrued vacation. They employ you, but you would make more money at the same job by being a contractor.
Cons
No raises for anyone for 5 years. No accrued vacation.
Life is what you make it.
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 28, 2016
Was there 17 years and if work ever got dull you could move to something else and get training.for your new journey.
Met some extraordinary people in my time there.
A good starting job and career development / builder.
Understands the customer and tries to Wow them.
Co-workers for the most part worked as a team which was great.
Nothing really was hard for me because it either can be done or it can't.. The time frames to get things done was sometimes a big challenge.
There was a time when the bean counters did not have to be so bottom line, appreciated worker more,.and showed there appreciation with awards and bonuses.
Pros
Tools needed to advance in career
Cons
So much chane going on

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSC. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval