CSS Corp Employee Reviews in United States

Dishonest and misleading.
RF Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Remote, USAMarch 20, 2015
You cannot plan a life with this company. If you are not on a project, you will be removed from payroll often with no advanced notice. Recently sued by a former employee for wage theft. They settled for an undisclosed sum. H1B visa mill. Lodgings are sub standard when on a project and per diem is very low. Don't expect any advancement or the opportunity to grow in your field. They want robots. They are not honest, have never been honest, and never will be honest with their dealings with employees and customers. I would not recommend working for CSS to my most hated enemy.
Pros
diversity in the workplace.
Cons
no benefits. low pay. low per diem. lousy lodging.
Excellent starting point
Helpdesk Engineer - Spanish/English (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 30, 2015
CSS Corp has helped me to learn a lot in the time I've been there. Of course, that means that I've been given a lot to do. There hasn't been a sufficient response yet for any compensation for the extra loads.
However, I'm thankful as they had promoted me to a Helpdesk position which has provided very valuable experience. I moved up from a Customer Service Position.
Pros
Excellent dental coverage, so-so health coverage.
Cons
Raises only come once a year, hard to move up at times.
So far so good
Associate Vice President Account Management (Current Employee) –  DraperMay 4, 2015
There are some issues, however upper management is aware and taking steps to fix problems. Training and support needs help. Overall like my job and the work life balance is great.
Pros
Great work life balance, wonderful people
Cons
No training for position, difficult to get support
Lacking in many areas
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Draper UTJuly 22, 2015
I started working at this company, and barely lasted 3 months. Like others have stated, there's hardly any training for the positions, and management does play favorites. If you are friends with the team lead or manager, you can leave early or come in late without getting in trouble, but if not, you get "points" against you. Also, lack of training makes it incredibly stressful and difficult to do the job well, and it really looks bad to the customers when we aren't knowledgeable on the products. My particular team lead never talked to us, she just sat at her computer all day, and she was not that knowledgeable on the products either, and she's supposed to be the supervisor! Explain to me how that makes sense.... I voiced my complaints, as well as provided ideas I had to improve things, and I got in trouble for it! No one there is interested in making changes to improve. There's a total air of complacency. The knowledge resources TL told us to use were outdated, some 2-3 years old. It doesn't make sense to have customer service agents taking phone calls, and not know a luck about the company or products their supposed to be helping with. The only thing good about working here was the pay and paid holidays, and the hour long lunch. Otherwise it sucked.
Pros
Paid holidays, hour lunch, no uniform
Cons
Management, no training, lack of communication
Fair
French/English Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 3, 2015
Not perfect but good enough to stay on task and perform required works. it felt like the moment needed a change, and its has place for growth , but preference can usually play a big role. Not proven, but it felt that way.
poor enviroment solely due to management.
tech support (Former Employee) –  DraperFebruary 4, 2015
poor management and favoritism is the only chance of advancement. Also when they lose a contract with a company they will not tell employees until the day the lay them off.
Pros
excellent co workers
Cons
managament
Want a job with security, fun and good leadership? Then steer clear of this place!
Tech support (Former Employee) –  Draper UtahAugust 12, 2013
I worked for this company for almost 2 years with pretty much none of my concerns ever acknowledged. Some team leads were cool, but most sucked. They didn't care about their agents, as well as upper management. If you had an issue and you brought it up, you would get it trouble for bringing it up. The main team lead for Nest, which remain un named was worthless. She sat around all day telling you to do things when she knew nothing about the company. Nest treated us VERY well and if they saw half the stuff that CSS pulled while they were out of town, I bet Nest would find another company to run their services.
Pros
good client company.
Cons
everything else.
If You Want to Be Dealt with Honestly, CSS is not for you.
Tier 1 Technical Support & Pre-sales Agent (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 12, 2012
I've been working at CSS for nearly 3 months now, in that time I have had my schedule changed without warning, I've had a new supervisor 4 times, and was told my PTO was not approved when I had an approval secured a month in advance of said time off.

Any communication that happens takes a lot of pushing and prodding from you the employee, and even then it doesn't get remembered. It's a nightmare trying to accomplish anything beyond your job here. I do NOT recommend working here.
Cons
poor management, no communication, and the location is not on the busline.
Very professional workplace,but one where the managers will always have your back.
RF Tester (Former Employee) –  DallasApril 4, 2015
I worked as a field test engineer at CSS Corp for a little over 7 months.In that time I had the opportunity to meet and interact with quite a lot of managers there.

All I want to say is that they are all extremely competent and have always been very supportive of all their subordinates.
not really any better than other contract companies
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2012
Was promised they'd keep me working under contract to stay paid, but was put on unpaid leave after less than 2 months.

Communication was good for me (especially compared to my last company). All phone calls/e-mails would be returned by my managers ASAP...don't expect HR or any other depts. to respond though.. CSS is parent to smaller companies that do various Radio and Cellular work and HR / Payroll / Etc. get emails from them all

Pay and work environment was on the higher end to other similar companies i've worked for.

Basically, like all companies that need a position filled ASAP they'll love you to come and woo you, but when it's over they have no remorse (After all kinds of excitement to get me on board, and that they'd keep me, I got a one sentence email saying i was done)
Standard outsourced enterprise/consumer support company.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake CityDecember 10, 2012
Laid back workplace with friendly management.
Management is very open and willing to work with many different life situations.
Co-workers are of the average caliber, and typically are either brand new to the telecommunications field or have 5+ years experience from a call center.
I learned how to manage small, medium, and large groups of people.
Pros
flexible scheduling, friendly environment.
Cons
workplace policies, attendance policy.
Good place to start off with eye on Customer Service
Nest Support Technician (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 27, 2012
Overall it's a great place to meet equal minded people.
Pay is a little disappointing but the job is challenging.
You always stay on your toes because the policies change quite a bit.
There is a real lack of communication from the management and HR to the employees which causes a major issue.
Pros
great place to meet like minded people & challenging work environment
Cons
lack of communication between management & the employees
Exciting innovative products mismanaged by outsourced company
Tier 1 technical support (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 2, 2014
Programmable thermostat tech support.Exciting home energy conservation technology mismanaged by outsourced company from India. Hours and days off can change weekly.Consider yourself lucky if you are granted a break.You must request it on Skype and it may or may not be granted. Schedules are emailed on Friday for the following Sunday. Pay has actually gone down 1 dollar per hour since I quit 6 months ago, always a good sign. Run don't walk
Pros
energy conservation products
Cons
css corp
Unprofessional and favoritism.
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Draper UtahNovember 28, 2014
I will not and do not ever recommend anyone work here. I was being sexually harassed by a manager and since he had worked their for a couple of years and they needed him. They took no disciplinary action. There were also multiple reports from different women.
Cons
if you are not their favorite employee you will be treated badly.
customer support company
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  draper, utMarch 16, 2015
customer service via phone. working with others. tech support via web email remote access. clock in and out. voip system configuration. most enjoyable part was leaving at the end of the day.
Best Tech Support company I have ever worked for
Tier 1 Tech Support (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 14, 2012
Every one has heard horror stories on when someone had to talk to tech support, but what most people do not know is that tech support agents would like to help you out it's just that some companies ties their hand. CSS Corp will actually let you help the customer.
Pros
good pay, allows you to help customer
Cons
it is too hard to get answers from tier two
call center
technical support (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 12, 2014
Taking calls in order to support a advanced thermostat. Management was ok co workers were ok. hourly say was not worth it. I enjoyed the weight room.
dyamic workplace
Vice President Business Development (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Company offers offshore services

24 hour clock with service delivery
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
offshore culture
Review
French/English technical support (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 24, 2013
I love the place I work. I enjoy the people around but i find it a little to far from where I live.