CSS Corp Employee Reviews

pass
AVG-CIS / HD / Network Operation Center Triage (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 5, 2017
I do enjoy working for CSS, and they have a friendly environment. However advancement seems non-existant, & I do work that should be paid for at a near $20+ rate for much much lower.
Great place to learn and grow - Fun break room
Vonage Business Technical Support Chat Ops (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 9, 2017
CSS is a fun place to learn and grow your IT chops. they have a variety of projects, and some room to grow. There is a little fau nepotism in the ranks, however there are good opportunities if you are patient. the rate of pay is, however, in most cases, mediocre compared to most companies. They have a ROP philosophy similar to Unisys, which is sad, because they lose great people for that reason.
Pros
Free Pizza Fridays
Cons
Rate of Pay need to get bumped $2 across the board.
Horrible place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 5, 2017
Horrible pay , ok scheule .
Management sucks they train poorly .
Attendance policy is a joke.
HR and the recruiters are a joke
They sat they give you 2 weeks of PTO but when you are sick they take away your pto without even asking
Pros
Got off at 3p.m
Cons
Cheap place
Good Company to learn technical skills
Application Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  AmbhathurApril 21, 2017
People who are thinking to build their carrier in css corp , this would be the best place to learn, implement and sharpen your technical skills.......
Work For the people
CSR (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 10, 2017
If you are looking to build friendships and career references, Than work here. The calls were terrible and they did not pay us enough for the type of work we were doing.
Love it here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 29, 2017
It depends on which team you work on at CSS. I work for Airbox and it is awesome except the pay isn't great. Really relaxed management and low call volume. If you can be great at customer service and show up for work on time everyday you won't have to worry about anything.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 28, 2017
CSS Crop was a nice place to work, it was just to far from my house to drive everyday. The management was on the same level as all of the employees. You were not just someone that worked there you are a person.
Pros
everything is a pro
Cons
nothing was a con
Not a bad place to work...
Tier 1 Technical Support Specialist AVG (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 18, 2017
I worked for CSS for a bout a year and a half doing technical support for AVG antivirus business edition software. For the majority of that time, I worked the night shift and took calls from folks around the world. It was a very laid back position, as we only received about 20-30 calls nightly.

When I first began, I felt management in my area was generally lacking, but eventually they began to crack down on things and some changes were made that have greatly improved management and organization in general throughout the company.

The most difficult part of the job came with lack of formal training. Basically everything we learned, we learned from doing... there were no formal steps on how something should be done, so it felt like a lot of trial and error, and repetition until something finally worked... or until we had exhausted all of our resources and had to escalate to the next tier. I will say that through this process, I DID learn quite a bit about networking, and computers in general.

The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely have to be my teammates. All of them were knowledgeable, eager to share suggestions, and just fun to work with. In addition, CSS provided us with coffee cups that we could use with the cappuccino machine in the break room. Caffeine was a must with the shift we were working.

Overall, CSS was a good place to work. The only thing that I didn't care for was the instability... which is unfortunately something you're going to find in any call center that provides service for vendors. You never know WHEN that vendor might decide to take
  more... their business elsewhere...  less
Pros
Free cappuccino. Fully stocked break room, Pool table
Cons
Instability
great place to learn technology
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chennai, IndianMarch 17, 2017
you can do r&D and take your time to resolve the issue by testing it in lab. You get ample learning docs and you can enhance your technical skills here. Management will not interfere or will make any effort to make your future bright.
Good company to start
AVG Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 6, 2017
.Good environment
-Flexible schedule.
-We have pool table and coffe machine
-Friendly co-worker
-This is the good place to start if you want to get expierence
Good Plce to Grow up
Timely hand (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. I was able to gain the knowledge necessary for my career to move forward. Being a TAC for CSS helped me to discover new challenges in Networking security.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Conpensation
ok
IT Support / Email & Phone Support (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTFebruary 1, 2017
the managers there where very inconsiderate, and wouldn't allow you to do anything. they layed me off and when i tried to apply for a differant position the manager that wasn't ahead of the job was like absolutely not
Its okay
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 4, 2017
This company is okay for a startup position. High turnover due to poor management. It was good for the first 3 months and then it got worse. Benefits are bad and pay is bad.
Okay Place
Tech support (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 1, 2016
Management was unique for the most part very supportive.

Co-workers made this place amazing for me.

Always felt comfortable going into work and doing what was needed. Management does work with you.
Pros
People
Cons
Confusion
great people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTSeptember 20, 2016
It is a great Environment to work just not enough opportunities to move and make it a career option. it gave me more of a chance to learn more about customer service on the phone and is great since I am a fast learner
Horried Experiance
CSR (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 16, 2016
If you want to get yelled at and belittled then join this company. Upper management is clueless and run from the other-side of the world.

HR is absent and not available to answer questions, team leads are rude and talk behind your back.

They claim it's a family, and yes a family of rudeness.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
MAnagement
Productivity and Fun
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTSeptember 3, 2015
It is a fun workplace with a supportive management. Good place to grow and improve your skills. It is fun to play ping pong with the colleagues.
Lacking in many areas
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Draper UTJuly 22, 2015
I started working at this company, and barely lasted 3 months. Like others have stated, there's hardly any training for the positions, and management does play favorites. If you are friends with the team lead or manager, you can leave early or come in late without getting in trouble, but if not, you get "points" against you. Also, lack of training makes it incredibly stressful and difficult to do the job well, and it really looks bad to the customers when we aren't knowledgeable on the products. My particular team lead never talked to us, she just sat at her computer all day, and she was not that knowledgeable on the products either, and she's supposed to be the supervisor! Explain to me how that makes sense.... I voiced my complaints, as well as provided ideas I had to improve things, and I got in trouble for it! No one there is interested in making changes to improve. There's a total air of complacency. The knowledge resources TL told us to use were outdated, some 2-3 years old. It doesn't make sense to have customer service agents taking phone calls, and not know a luck about the company or products their supposed to be helping with. The only thing good about working here was the pay and paid holidays, and the hour long lunch. Otherwise it sucked.
Pros
Paid holidays, hour lunch, no uniform
Cons
Management, no training, lack of communication
Fair
French/English Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 3, 2015
Not perfect but good enough to stay on task and perform required works. it felt like the moment needed a change, and its has place for growth , but preference can usually play a big role. Not proven, but it felt that way.
Fun company
Technical Support / Web Developer (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 17, 2015
This is a company outsourced from India. It was a good working environment, very casual attire, and fun company parties.
Pros
Casual attire, fun company parties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSS Corp. Our community is ready to answer.