ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Set-up and configure new employees with telephone, cellular telephone, computer and security needs.
2. Disable employee’s telephone, cellular telephone, computer when employee is leaving the Company.
3. Maintain network servers, laptops, desktops, printers, switches and routers.
4. Monitor and maintain the security of the Company’s network and computer resources
5. Maintains support from outside services for data, voice, T1, router, security, Citrix and telecommunication needs.
6. Maintain active directory for user and security groups
7. Maintain building access credentials
8. Recommends and evaluates new applications, technical feasibility and technical approaches, including hardware and software.
9. Assist outside vendors and consultants with maintenance and support of databases and business applications including Microsoft SQL server, CRM and exposure to maintenance and support of MSFT Dynamic ERP, preferred.
Platforms: Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2003 Server, Windows NT Server, SQL Server 2008, Windows XP and Windows 7. VOIP, Android, Blackberry and iOS.
Tools: MS Office, Windows PowerShell, MSFT Hyper V, VNC, RDP, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Symantec Backup Exec. GFI Network Monitoring, TrackIT.
Network: SonicWall NSA Firewall, Sonic Wall SSL-VPN, SonicWall Analyzer, VPN, LAN, WAN, DHCP, and DNS.
Responsibility/Oversight – Financial & Supervisory
1. Function as a lead worker, responsible for planning and prioritizing daily activities, setting the pace and training employees.
2. No budgetary responsibility
1. Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar with many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex networking issues.
2. Provide guidance related to IT practices and hardware.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
1. Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
2. No regular travel required.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to be self-directed and proactively address computer support
- MSFT Systems Administration/System Engineer, Microsoft Certified Professional or CompTIA Network+ and A+ certification.
- Four to six years in desktop support, network support, maintenance and repair.
- Experience with anti-virus/anti-spam tools.
- Experience with security protocols and services including routers, switches and firewalls, Intrusion Detection (IDS), Prevention Services (IPS), VPN, DNS, and DHCP and SonicWall.
- Experience with back-up tools and applications.
- Experience with Dell and HP servers, desktops and laptops preferred.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.