CVS Caremark
5,497 reviews

CVS Caremark Employer Reviews

WOW
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALJuly 27, 2014
My management team with CVS was amazing. we worked together as an efficient team and were treated like family in and out of the workplace
Very warm atmosphere where you can just be yourself
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Jasper, TXJuly 27, 2014
The store closed down 6 years ago. Really enjoyed working for this company. Working at CVS taught me independence and how to utilize my time. I also learned how to give great customer service. Great benefits as well.
Dont recommend to work there
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2014
The pay is not good for all that you have to do there. They are some great pharmacist and techs and they are some horrible ones, just hope you get lucky and you get to work with the great ones like me. Management is to controlling
A Day in the Pharmacy
Virginia Board Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Pulaski, VAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great pharmacy manager and lead technician
Cons: limited hours, pay, benefits
A lot of the pharmacy work is mental work and requires an employee to demonstrate responsibility and time management skills. I've learned how to effectively work on a team, communicate to co-workers and customers, and manage daily tasks. I have the best co-workers. I could not have worked in a better pharmacy. The hardest part of the job is the fact – more... that it can be stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with people from different areas since our store is so close to a college town. – less
Results oriented, highly demanding
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Pelham Manor, NYJuly 27, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: low-paying
Satisfying work environment, but upper management is highly demanding and only results-oriented.
Friendly, energetic, fast pace work environment
Customer Service/Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Cape Coral, FlJuly 27, 2014
At CVS I developed stronger customer service skills and pharmacy skills.
inbound call center
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Monroeville, PAJuly 27, 2014
it is an okay job but not really in balance with my outside life and children.
Corporate driven, employees suffering
Technician (Former Employee), Harford County, MDJuly 26, 2014
Pros: smoke? you get a 15 min (or more, because no one keeps time) break on top of your 1/2 hour one. paid holidays.
Cons: pharmacists hate it (over-worked, horrible dm), they keep leaving, we get yelled at by unappreciative customers all the time, inconsistent schedule, people calling out all the time.
Who wants to call people at least THREE times every weekend to see if they want refills? That's abusive.

Corporate gives out gift cards to those who complain, regardless of whether their complain was legit.

Way too many people on medical assistance/worker's comp/medicare. I wish we could report the abusers!!!
Loved the people that I worked with
Cashier (Former Employee), Mundelein, ILJuly 26, 2014
Would not had stayed with the company as long if I had not liked the people that I had worked with.
comapny that gets better every year. They love thier customers!
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: 2% raise yearly
I have worked at this company for almost 10 years ... I have learned how to prosper in customer service.
Pretty good job I would say
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Greenwood, INJuly 26, 2014
Pros: 20% off discount store wide, flexible scheduling
Cons: not many people work at the same time as you.
Really nothing to complain about here. I like the managers, the environment, and even most of the customers. There are ways to move up, and the raises are fair.
All focus was on the task, none on the employees.
Sales Associate/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Riverhead, NY 11901July 26, 2014
This job was good because I was good at it and enjoyed what i had to do and the regular customers were always a pleasure, but sadly there was no appreciation or recognition from the management team or co-workers. Tasks were always given to you either without direction or umpteen amounts of work all left for one person.
Overall good experience
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Statesville, North CarolinaJuly 25, 2014
The job was great, but it did not give me the 40 hours a week that I wanted.
Productive and stable environment
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Humble, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: productive environment
Cons: healthcare, not enough hours
Productive and stable environment to work. A typical day at work is greeting and acknowledging customers in pick up and drive thru. I do inventory and RTS report every day and mix medication under the supervision of the pharmacist.
Cashier (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
I leaerned how to operate the kiosk machine. My coworkers are friendly and helpful. Management is very efficient in its ability to run and maintain the store. The most enjoyable part about the job is the ability to have a flexible schedule. Nothing is hard about this job.
Stressful and fast-paced work environment, but you learn a lot
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee), Somerset, NJJuly 25, 2014
Overall, the fast paced environment calls for quick and fast movement and long hours behind the counter. As a retail chain, the issue is not gaining customers, but rather providing enough staff within the pharmacy to complete the various tasks. Trying to provide excellent service to customers with an understaffed pharmacy is nearly impossible. However, – more... I did learn a lot and gained a good amount of work experience that I will hope to apply to my future. – less
Effective manage a store with 20 plus employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 25, 2014
As a manager it is key to set the tone and right environment to get excellent production from employees. Communication is important when discussing tasks with employees.

Working cooperatively with co-workers is imperative to get the job done successfully.

The hardest part of a job is exhausting all your options and not being able to find the correct – more... resource for a client. This is sometimes limited due to governmental funding.

Providing clients with effective service. – less
Layback
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Spring, TXJuly 24, 2014
Typical day at work consist of filling prescriptions the correct way and proving great customer service
good
Sr. Network Design Engineer (Current Employee), Woonsocket, RIJuly 24, 2014
good work place and helpful colleagues. Was totally satisfied with the company
Terrible
Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Medford, MAJuly 24, 2014
As a customer the employe's were never nice, and as an employee my co-workers just overall didn't have welcoming attitudes.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Caremark

CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS), headquartered in Woonsocket, RI, is the largest pharmacy health care provider in the United States with – Read more