CVS Health
7,747 reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

Part time review
Cashier (Current Employee), Lake Forest, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, health benafits
Cons: unpredictable customers
This Job is perfect for students needing part time hours to fit with their schedule. The Staff is very friendly and hard working, just expect to get phone calls to cover shifts. The hardest part of the job is also the easiest because of its unpredictability, the customers. You can never tell the mood in which each customer is in, but I can tell with 8 years of experience, that the outcome of a transaction depends on the control of the cashier.
Great Company
District Manager (Former Employee), Kansas CityMay 28, 2015
Pros: Great compensation packet, large advancement opportunities
Cons: work life balance, being valued, not all the resources to do the job effectively
CVS is a great company to work for when it comes to advancement and company drive. The compensation package is excellent for field management. The culture of the company isn't the best and at times very difficult to feel valued. There ar many competing initiatives and expectations. If you are willing to dedicate yourself 200% you will be extremely successful at CVS. The company promotes from within so the sky is the limit.
Fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVMay 28, 2015
It is a busy store, with a friendly staff. Management workers well with the employees. Hardest part is deal with the moneygram.
Customer Service
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Brandon, MSMay 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help customers find the things that they need and seeing the smile on their face because we had those items in stock.
fun place to work but highly underpaid
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Columbus,OhMay 28, 2015
a very stressful, but high paced entertaining job. a great place to work part-time but the pay is not high enough for the work required to be employed full time.
Comfortable work environment with a good group of co-workers
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Comfortable workplace
Cons: Long shifts unassisted
The shifts tend to be irregular, one day would be short and the next would be quite long. As a manager my workload was quite large and I was regularly unassisted in completely the tasks. My immediate superior abused the position and gave most of his work and responsibilities to others, but my cashiers were great, hardworking, energetic and always willing to get the task done. The hardest part of my job was dealing with my immediate superior and his bad habits. The best was seeing my regular customers who I had grown to be friends with and helping them with any questions they had.
The store mangers creates the environment which promotes employee and customer loyality
Manager (Current Employee), Boca Raton FloridaMay 28, 2015
It's a packed day of work: Opening financials ...daily price changes....cycle counts on inventory....payroll...scheduling ...daily work load planning....vendor management....ordering...inmore detail on resime.
The job eas close to a college university so every day was different
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 28, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts, medical benefits
Cons: Breaks that couldn't be taken as a hole
My co-workers were some of the greatest people to work with. Since we had the overnight shift we made the best of it. A typical day is customer service of ALL varieties. The most difficult part of the job sometimes can be truck night when we would get sometimes 2,000 pieces to shelve and stock. The most enjoyable part of the day was 8:00am.
fun job but incredibly slow paced
Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2015
Pros: steady pay, 45 hour work weeks
Cons: just a slow environment.
managed a store of approximately 10 hourly associates, 3 shift supervisors, responsible for all operational aspects of day to day business.
It was Ok
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 28, 2015
Pros: job training and job security
Cons: bad management
Job training was good, bad management, good coworkers. The experience was a little taxing because the management lacked the skill necessary to communicate properly with the staff. Not only that but management refused to hire on or call in other employees regardless of being short staffed in the pharmacy.
Unstable work environment, poor training
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 28, 2015
hardly ever received training from management
usually left to cover entire front store for several hours alone
coworkers didn't know how to separate personal life from work
manager was really young and immature during certain situations
A promise for advancement that was never fulfilled.
Shift Supervisor B (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 28, 2015
Pros: At your own pace environment
Cons: Missed breaks and lunches, hours where always cut.
Two person overnight crew, left alone on multiple occasions due to lack of employees and constant scheduling errors. Missing hours on days I was asked to clock back in after a full shift.
Okay
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Danville, VAMay 28, 2015
ITs an okay place to work for ... just don't make a long term career out of it. Work is stressful and fun at the same time...but constantly being pulled like a toy puppet
Friendly smiles
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Columbia City, INMay 27, 2015
Friendly staff to work with. Always have a smile and willing to answer any question that is asked. If we don't know the answer we would research and call you back
CVS Pharmacy is a dynamic ever growing company to work for. Working in the pharmacy is demanding and requires focus, patience and a calm disposition.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), 121 West Kinzie St, Chicago, IL 60610May 27, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: Coverage
A typical day in the pharmacy is busy and involves multi-tasking as you balance entering prescriptions, speaking to patients; insurance companies; doctor's offices, etc.The work requires being meticulous and detail oriented. There are frequent fundamental and elementary consultations that are provided. The difficult part of this job is there is more work to be completed than there is time in the day. However, co-workers are supportive and will come to your aid. You are constantly growing and learning which entails learning about a new drug and its benefits and side effects and certainly interfacing with many characteristics and needs in our patients/customers. I enjoy serving our patients/customers. People genuinely need help and appreciate someone who cares of which is far more than just doing your job of which is the absolute bare minimum.
Enjoy Quality Med D, just wish they cared for their employees better!
Sr. Coordinator, Quality Med D (Current Employee), Solon, OHMay 27, 2015
Love the research and work we did to benefit the clients membership, learned a lot about the Medicare program. However the corporate CVS office is slowly moving all job processes to contracted companies therefore closing various local Med D departments.
structured health care company
Pharmacist in Charge (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJMay 27, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
very strong management that kept the employees up to date on the latest regulations and health industry standards. Great oppurtunities within while growing in role
Not Satisfied
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), San Juan, PRMay 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits for full time
Cons: difficulty in advancement. difficult to get full time
Great company, unfortunately there is a lack of management knowledge in the Puerto Rico branches. No type of guide or help for advancement, learning and training has to be done on personal time. Low hour budgets even for brand new stores.
amazing
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDMay 27, 2015
the staff was amazingly nice made me feel like one of them. always helping me with what I needed. working in the lab was the hardest thing because drawing blood made me nervous but my supervisor took that fear away, and im so thankful for that now ive added an extra skill to my life.
Good company with great benefits.
Cdr Client Operations, Aetna Client Benefits (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 27, 2015
They are good to their employees and had a good facility. The dress code was casual and there was a relaxed atmosphere. However, nobody slacked off. I wish I was still with them but my position was eliminated.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health. We’re – Read more

CVS Health Salaries