CVS Health
7,663 reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

Great
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 21, 2015
Great! It was a different types of experience but it was all well work it. I am very glad that I worked at this job. It helped me in many ways.
Productive and fast paced
CASHIER (Former Employee), Warren, MIMay 21, 2015
I enjoyed my time at CVS pharmacy, and it kept me occupied which I liked. I also enjoyed interacting with customers and providing them assistance when needed.
I had a productive day and stayed busy.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Longview, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: benefits were good, some of the co-workers were hardworking but also knew how to have a good time, and the patients were amazing!
Cons: you didn't get your 15 mintues break when needed
My day would start by checking the board to see where I was stationed. Then I would start typing patient's information; such as insurance information, the medicine the Dr. prescribed, how often the medicine needed to be taken and scanned it into the scanner for the pharmacist to see. When I got caught up with the daily prescriptions, I would assist in dispensing the prescriptions, running the registers and answering phone lines. My co-workers were great to be around. I learned a lot of information I didn't know from them; such as what the medicine was used for or how often it could be used. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy customers. Whether something was wrong with the insurance they provided, the medicine wasn't in stock, or the medicine couldn't be dispensed yet. The most enjoyable part was all the customers I met. You learn something new from them every time they came in. I also loved that we stayed busy, there was never a time when we weren't.
Fun place to work with a team
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Bayou La Batre, ALMay 20, 2015
I helped the pharmacist and other technicians to fulfill daily functions of the pharmacy as well as fill all prescriptions.
CSR
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), CharlotteMay 20, 2015
learned a lot working there as far as how to run a business as well as how to develop a team.Workload to pay ratio is low. Information necessary for daily operations does not become available readily
False Illusion
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits/401K/Entry Level
Cons: Pay/Work Environment/Training/Career Advancements/Management
A company that is viewed so highly by the public for all that they do yet is so poor to work for. As a pharmacy technician, the pay is far below the average even for a retail environment. Inadequate training leads to a crew of employees that should not be responsible dealing with or working in a medical environment field. Pharmacists are forced to overwork to make up for the lack or staff and staff training. Advancement in the job and pay are practically non-existent. Finally the district is managed by a person that knows little about the pharmacy industry in general. Only achievements gained from this job was the knowledge you acquire on your own while doing it, the joy of helping the patients who use the pharmacy, and your own self gratifications. Thanks.
pharmacy technician duties
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Fort Washington, MDMay 20, 2015
As a pharmacy technician I had many responsibilities. These included receiving prescription orders from patients, counting pills, handling insurance rejections, and ringing up purchases.
Productive Friendly work enviroment
Cashier/ Stocker (Current Employee), Collinsville, IlMay 20, 2015
Cons: Not enough hours right now
A typical day at work greeting and assisting customers I enjoy meeting new people and being able to assist them and help them with they need. I've learned how to work with different people how to do inventory and how to use a telzon for about almost everything in our store, I learned how to damage out products count how much products we have on our shelves and backroom. I've also learned how big of a experience and how much you learn in the retail environment. My co- workers are outgoing and humble customers love all of us. One of the hardest things about the job is that I work overnights and it is very overwhelming and tiring at times im just looking to find a day time job so I don't feel like i' m sleeping my life away and can enjoy my time with my kids. Overall the job is a positive outlook inside and out its a positive company where we definitely put our priorities in our customers they come first.
Excellent company to work for!
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Louisville, KyMay 20, 2015
I have learned a lot of information over the short period that I have worked for this company! They have trained me very well and in a way that I could comprehend. I love the management team and the people that I work with.
It used to be a nice place to work for.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Lansdale, PAMay 20, 2015
Pros: vacation and sick time
Cons: company clearly doesn't care about its employees anymore
When I first started working their it was a nice place to work. Every year they started cutting hours until it became too little hours to run the store anymore. Some days it's too busy even to take a break and go to the bathroom. I was the majority of the way through being trained to be an assistant manager at a low volume store when I was told we don't have the hours to continue my training. We don't even have enough hours to check for outdated products. Half of the time we don't even have a 2nd person for the overnights. CVS used to be 3.5 stars to me but now it's barely even a one.
Pharmacy
Pharmacy Internship (Former Employee), Riato,CaMay 20, 2015
Pros: Easy
Cons: None
working at CVS Pharmacy for my Internship was very helpful
learned how the pharmacy moved and worked. labeled prescriptions answered phone calls and answered the drive thru
helped customers rotate the inventory put the inventory on the shelves when it came in.
Love going to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Pottsville, PAMay 20, 2015
Pros: fast-paced, day goes fast
Cons: low hours, no breaks, half hour lunches
Fast paced, problem-solving, learned how to deal with insurances, managers and co-workers are fun to be around and make the job enjoyable.
Really great experience working for them
Pharmacist-in-Charge/ Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Bucks County PAMay 20, 2015
This is the job where I grew from a pharmacy intern to pharmacist in charge. I learned to do everything with them. I was extremely fortunate to have the same partner for over 15 years and we worked together incredibly well
Good people, bad job
shift supervisor (Current Employee), Houma, LouisianaMay 20, 2015
It is a 24 hour retail store and although the job isn't hard and the people are really nice, there is no chance of advancement and having a degree doesn't mean anything to the company. I can barely make ends meet with what kind of salary I get paid and I have a college degree.
its ok
Executive Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Lee's Summit, MOMay 19, 2015
there wasn't a lot of room for growth and the hours are not ideal. Work a lot of weekends and sometimes after midnight.Overall this was a great started job.
its a good job, i would recommend it as a first job
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 19, 2015
Pros: The 20% discount, the multiple personalities
Cons: The pay wasn't too great, the breaks were short
Its a good job, i enjoy the coworkers that i was surrounded with. At CVS i learned how to talk to people better and how to compensate customers if they cant find something that they want at the moment, also i learned the cash register, learning the cash register i learned how to greet customers over the phone, money gram, refunds, and coupons. The hardest part about my job would probably be the overnight shifts and the heavy lifting and the most enjoyable part of the job would be when i have genuine conversations with the customers.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 19, 2015
CVS was an absolute wonderful place to work for! I enjoyed who I worked with and the job at hand (pharmacy technician). The only negative I feel is the Upper Level management. They are always concerned more about numbers than anything else. Also, CVS is always cutting hours. They think it's possible to do more and more with less staff.
Productive and Fast Paced Workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: productive workplace
Cons: salary
A typical day on the job would consist of me assisting the pharmacist with starting the morning workload. I would start the pharmacy software, check the fax machine for new prescriptions, open up the drive through, and start the morning reports. I learned early on to pace myself when working in a fast paced retail setting to prevent becoming overwhelmed. I worked a long a great team, not only in the pharmacy, but also with the front store clerks. I enjoyed going out of my way to help customers both with inquiries with filling their prescription medications as well as help with searching for over-the-counter products. The most difficult part of the job was standing on my feet for long hours of the day.
great campus and environment with cafeteria
Customer care rep (Former Employee), san antonio, TXMay 19, 2015
all around good people and supervisors. typical day log in and be ready to assist member with their pharmacy questions. i was happiest to make the members aware of information on how to save money and an enjoyable experience with their insurance rep. me
CVS
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Mount Prospect, ILMay 19, 2015
Working for a mail order facility, the job was a good starting position but there was no job advancement opportunities. I felt like the company demanded more of the workers than what we were getting paid for.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health. We’re – Read more

CVS Health Salaries