CVS Health
6,727 reviews

CVS Health Employer Reviews

Productive and interesting place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Assisted members with filling prescriptions. Both my co-workers and the members that I spoke to were pleasant and made my job enjoyable.
Cvs Pharmacy
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), 630 lexington AveJanuary 26, 2015
i worked in this company for four years almost and still working here. I've learned a lot of work and gained a lot of experience and being part of the management i had to make sure store looks good at the end of my shift and i got the best compliments for being a nice person with costumers. i had the best co-workers and worked as a team and that helped alot. All jobs are hard but if we enjoy it and work on it nothing looks hard
staff were very friendly and felt like family
cashier (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the staff felt like family, everyone was friendly
We assisted customers with products, made sure the products were always stocked and presentable, ordered new stock, rang up customers. As photo supervisor I trained new employees, maintained the cleanliness and safety of the photo lab, repaired photo equipment, trained other photo supervisors in the region on the new photo software, assisted customers with their photo orders,ordered new photo products.
Customers make this job enjoyable.
Shift Supervisor TraineeMarch (Former Employee), Racine, WIJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: awesome people and customers as long as your friendly and helpful.
Cons: few or no breaks given. small staff so if someone calls off you're stuck.
Constantly busy enviroment. Learned management skills including counting safe and operations as a whole. Management is more like a personal basis and how you communicate with them. I got along more with co-workers then the store manager and the corporate people that frequented. Truck day and really busy customer days are the hardest days. My regualr customers were the most enjoyment i got from this company.
slow pace
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Norwalk CaJanuary 26, 2015
clock in and the day would drag. very slow pace unless it was alot of customers. Co-workers we very nice and helpful. The most enjoyable part of this job was the co-workers and the hardest part of this job was the pay and the hours.
Training
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: bad training, depends who you get.
Some Supervisors there do not like helping you at all.When I was in training,Supervisor I had was on her phone texting while I had my hand raised up for 5mins.When she got to me,she didn't clearly answer my question.She said she will just send the information and steps by email later on.I didn't receive it,later the next day.Thats when I ran into the question with a patient.I got my supervisor to help me,instead of showing me the steps.She did it on her own to help the patient.After work,I received the news the I was laid off.That supervisor does not demonstrate good traits of a leader.
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2015
everyday is a busy day at work. i learnt priotization. management is not as bad is everyone is on the same page and knows exactly what is expected. co-workers are awesome, hardest part of the job is soo much is expected with little or no help. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a great team to work with.
High pace work enviornment with skeleton crews
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: holiday pay
Cons: taking a legal 15 minute break makes you look lazy
Working at CVS can be a thrill at times. It can be enjoyable as the work is team oriented. I find that it is hard though with the company trimming hours, that you have to do tasks that normally two or three people would have done 10 years ago, by yourself. Management can be decent depending on the situation. Yet advancement feels ultimately impossible. When someone is looking to move forward, managers are trying to hold employees back because they need them at their current positions and do not want to replace them. Especially when getting into the assistant management role or higher. I've seen more external candidates that don't know what they are doing as Assistant managers, than internal candidates that have 5 or more experience that do know what they are doing. A typical day involves a cashier up front running a register and a manager of some sort doing tasks like putting out stock, using telxons to scan merchandise, and handle transactions that require excess change to be transported. I feel that I learned how to work with customers and their various problems, while maintaining a steady hand for theives and crooks whom try to bend the rules to their favor. Not that everyone is one, but sometimes accidents happen and employees have to remain vigilant in correcting them in a honest and non threatening manor.
First job
Clerk (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 25, 2015
This was my first job and definitely was a smooth transition into the working world. It wasn't too busy, wasn't too hard. It helped teach me the basics of customer service while helping check people's purchases out. Also helped with go-backs and restocking/facing the store.
Busy CVS Store !!!!
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Apopka, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: fast work shifts, diversity
Cons: short breaks, workload, hours being cut, bad managment
500 plus prescriptions a day, phones ringing off the hook, lines everywhere and non stop work around the clock. Time flies by relatively quickly due to heavy work load. There's always something that needs to be done. There's always ways to improve, multitasking is a required skill and being fast on your feet. The most enjoyable part is learning about pharmacy work and bringing great customer service to customers. Hardest part is the workload and getting everything done during your shifts. Hours being cut makes the workload seem impossible at times and meeting prescription deadlines.
I did customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lebanon, INJanuary 25, 2015
I ran the cash register and stocked, I also did customer service. Can't say I really learned anything new, since I have done this type of work before. My co-workers was awesome. The hardest part of the job wasn't the job it self, it was trying to work two jobs. The most enjoyable was getting to see people I had not seen since high school.
Fast paced at times. There is always something to learn.
Data Center Operations Technician (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 25, 2015
Work varies due to issues that develop. Checklists are provided to insure shift work is completed. Department is ISO certified which means there are work instructions to be followed to insure quality results. Managers are fair and engaged. Management is dedicated to achieving defined results. Co-workers are easy to get along with. Multitasking can be the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference by getting issues resolved.
More challenging everyday
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), CTJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: long shifts, always working weekends
Job security is the concern of everyone's mind right now. getting scarier everyday...!
Not enough staff
Grad-Intern Pharmacist (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 24, 2015
High work load demanded. Not enough staff
Stressful working environment, prone for easy medical errors.
Postive Culture
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: positive work environment
Cons: too many leagacy systems
This company has a very positive culture. Modern, clean and comfortable work environments. PC refresh every two years. Lots of project work and opportunity to advance. Project follow a documented institutional process
Very Productive
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 24, 2015
A Normal day the store is staying busy and continuing to put back stock out on the shelves. Counting down at night and making sure the cashiers are doing what they are suppose to be doing.
CVS
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Richardson TXJanuary 23, 2015
Around 10 years of my career with CVS. Got the chance to explore different skills as a Developer, Lead, Analyst, Management and project ownership.
Organized and friendly workplace.
Cashier/Customer management (Former Employee), Walterboro, SCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly work environment, good hours, decent pay
Cons: short breaks, consistent movement, can be strenuous at times
A typical day at CVS is always guided by a workbook that assigns each worker a certain task unless permitted and notified about other tasks. My job usually consisted of conducting sales, managing stock and inventory, doing price changes, mark ups and mark downs, maintaining equipment, running the photo department, communicating with customers over the phone, etc.
At CVS I learned communications skills, the ability to deal with customers in an effective manner, the ability to multitask and diligent problem solving skills.
My coworkers were all friendly and very tolerant of each other in the workplace. The working conditions were great but the hardest part of the job was having the mental stability to work under pressure and to keep the public happy. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers leave the store happy and satisfied with my services.
Providing excellent healthcare for our patients as a team
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), ChicagoJanuary 23, 2015
Excellent place to work. Co-workers are really helpful. Benefits are good. The kind of healthcare that we provide to our patients is reflected on the satisfied patients that go and get their prescriptions at our pharmacy.
Overall an excellent company to work for with a lot of resources
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: customer interactions, helpful resources, refined systems, excellent benefits
Cons: overly micro-managed in some regards, drive-thru pharmacy fosters unrealistic expectations
My experience was at a relatively high-volume store. Typical days involved filling approximately 450 scripts, with all the usual ups and downs associated with retail pharmacy. The highlight of my days were the positive interactions and relationships we were able to build with most of our patients. Having good co-workers is always a plus. Management was supportive, but as in all areas there were always targets and goals that were often counter-productive to real-world performance. CVS has many different programs, tools, and training for all of their employees - there is always a resource available, and management was always willing to help.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) is a pharmacy innovation company helping people on their path to better health. Through our 7,700 retail – Read more