CVS Health
7,209 reviews

CVS Health Employer Reviews

CVS Health is the most stressful and difficult job I've ever had.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Metairie, LAMarch 27, 2015
A typical work day is me arriving into chaos with my store manager in a frantic state try to do 5 tasks at once. Then I get a list of tasks for myself that takes 2 people to complete. It ends with me covered in sweat because the corporate office controls our air conditioning system and tries to save money by not lowering it to a comfortable level.

I have learned a lot from this job. The training process is extremely ineffective. The company will not give each store enough hours to get adequate training so you learn as you go.

Management is mostly incompetent. Most coworkers are uneducated and lazy.

The hardest part of my job is the strenuous work which causes me to be in constant physical pain. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to feel like I have accomplished something each day.
review
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), National City, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: benefits and no, atrer where you meed to move theres always a cvs around.
Cons: treatment
Not a goid place to work, commonky dysfunctional, little to no help from co-workers and talking to my pharm manager is like talking to a wall. Also they treat the other technicians like technicians and treat me like im a cashier.
OK for experience only
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee), Rosemont, PAMarch 27, 2015
training is good but the customers are horrible, They are very needy and demanding. The pharmacy staff at Rosemont try to suck the life out of you. And the pay is an insult to someone with certification
Fun pharmacy environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Richfield, MNMarch 27, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers, easy computer system
Cons: short to no breaks
My co-workers are extremely nice, I love where I work. I work all day helping patients with anything from the insurance rejecting the claim due to days supply or prior authorizations, and it makes me happy to help these people.
Five Year Experienced Cashier and Stocker
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee), Chicago, ilMarch 27, 2015
Pros: nice emplyoees
Cons: Poor raises/
Receive and disburse money in establishments other than financial institutions. Receive, store, and issue sales floor merchandise. Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with merchandise and arrange merchandise displays to attract customers.
Excellent Health Care Outlook and Future
Lead Technician (Current Employee), Asheville, NCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great health insurance and benefits including sick pay and vacation and annual reviews
Cons: Stressful environment, long hours, training sufficiently
Excellent health organization advancing in the pharmaceutical world, making changes that have cost money in the beginning such as not selling cigarettes any longer but encouraging a healthy lifestyle which will lead to longevity. Management is typically great while working under a stressful environment shows no regret in the field.
Customer service, stocking, shelf reset
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMarch 27, 2015
You're working as a team to help the everyday customer as needed. Management is always close to provide assistance or input on how to improve the customer services experience. You're treated like family and you work together to maintain the store as if it was your own home.
Experience
Manager (Current Employee), Reidsville, NCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: great management team
Cons: sometimes long days to close together
Most everyone there is nice, easy to get a long with. It's a great learning opportunity with being in a retail pharmacy. You get to learn a lot more skills here because it is such a small store you get more responsibility's unlike working in a larger store.
cooperative management
STAFF PHARMACIST (Former Employee), Evansville, INMarch 27, 2015
Very coperative management. Long hours just like any other retail chain. Good place to work for if one is game for the challenges in a retail.
An excellent company to work for.....
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 27, 2015
I have been with CVS Health since 1988 (formerly Revco Drugs, formerly SupeRx Drugs). I have worked at a high level with some of the best Pharmacists and Technicians in Louisville over the years. I enjoy helping our customers to improve their lives by providing quality care in a setting that encourages education and commitment.
Slow pace work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Blacksburg, VAMarch 26, 2015
Very slow paced every day. There would be a fifteen minute time spurt where a group of customers would come in, but in the mean time we just faced shelves and counting stock/inventory.
Short staff
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), San Anselmo, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Short staff
It was a great place to work just very short staff, so the job was very stressful for employees and the customers. The company is a good place to work I would work for CVS again.
No longer open
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 26, 2015
The location I worked for is no longer opened but it was a great company to work for. Management was fair and promoted from within.
nice friendly place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamden, CTMarch 26, 2015
met great people there.
everyone was very friendly
management was okay
working in this environment, you make many bonds
Good Place to work
CVS TM (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2015
Small stores, friendly teams, and a great place to work. With the new Tobacco-free system, they are definitely trending in the right direction.
not great
Pharmacy, Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), arizonaMarch 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
unfair scheduling. short and then really long days. nothing I would recommend to someone with a school schedule. costumers are really rude. just not a friendly environment.
My CVS/Pharmacy Experience
Supervisor/Consultant (Current Employee), Danbury, CTMarch 26, 2015
A typical day at work consists of a certain routine. The first thing I do is count the safe. As a manager that is my very first priority. After I count the safe, I consult with the other manager on duty. We go through the to do list together, making sure we have our direction for the day. I proceed to getting the list done, while helping customers on the sales floor, and answering cashier pages. I've learned that customer service is what makes a company grow. A growing company makes happy associates. I have a great store manager who is very knowledgeable. His lists are direct and clear to follow. My co-workers need a lot of coaching. Which brings me to the hardest part of my job. The hardest part would be getting the cashiers on board with the needs of the business. To make sure our customer service scores exceed our targets. The most enjoyable part of my job is giving great customer service. Customers are the reason were there.
Okay company to work for
Photo Lab Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 26, 2015
good company to work for if you have no other options left. no room for advancement. The lazy people get promoted, while hard working people get disregarded. Save yourself and don't make an effort to work here.
Busy and fast working pace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), West Orange, NJMarch 25, 2015
Overall fun collegues to work with and strong team work. I've learned to work at a faster pace and multitasking to achieve set goals.
staff pharmacist, Pharmacy manager
Pharmacy Manager, Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), Temecula, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: retails hours, standing for extended periods of time
good salary, customer service interactions, fast paced, high volume workload, stressful at times, multi-tasking is a must

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health. We’re – Read more

CVS Health Salaries