CVS Health
8,029 reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

All the big wigs get the higher promotions while you work in the trenches
Cashier/Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: No overtime for the shift that I got.
Cons: No advancements if you think about advancing.
Pretty much what you expect out of a faceless corporation. You start and they tell you that you're on a probation period where for about a month or so anything that happens to you won't get you in too much trouble because you are in training, but that quickly flies out the window when you think of considering bettering yourself and try and get ahead. They'll quickly pin something on you that you had no experience to handle in the first place so it can prevent you from getting a bonus or even getting out of your current position. They hire incompetent people to lead you and your team when they really don't know what they're doing in the first place. Management is a joke.
decent job
Supervised as Head Cashier (Former Employee), Haymarket, VAJuly 1, 2015
standard cashier job. go in every day do the same thing. there are oppurtunites to grow through testing but you can not increase in position unless someone moves up or is demoted. a lot of work and long hours but good experience overall
overworked
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee), Salem, MAJuly 1, 2015
a lot of pressure to get everything done .Always cutting hours .staff help excellent but could only do so much, no breaks or very hard to do
Not a bad place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Lake Worth, TXJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: Short breaks, couponers
Working there isn't bad at all. The only thing you have to worry about is the couponers. Unfortunately most of them don't speak any English and get angry if even one of their coupons doesn't work. But the work is easy and most of the people that I worked with were pretty cool
Prodcutive great co workers
order selector (Current Employee), Patterson caJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Good pay
Cons: Schedule is not worked with. Schedule always rotating if part time
At cvs I learned many thing on order selecting and how to improve myself as a selector. The managers are nice and holds conversations with there employees to keep a great relationship with all. Everyone is treated with care and respect. The workers are cool some like to complain but I love meeting new people. I haven't really found a hard part in job because everything is fun and easy.
Secure job, room for movement
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Berlin, CTJune 30, 2015
Lots of responsibility, fun environment with potential to move up. Great atmosphere with wonderful employees. Also a potential to create a career.
Never a dull moment in a pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Encino, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Fabulous co-workers
Cons: Understaffed
A typical day at work includes,

Inventory: counting a different set of medications each day to manage inventory, checking in the outside vendor order, generating a morning order, and an evening order. Placing new medications on the organized shelves with a shelf label. Reviewing several reports and filing them. Staying up to date with recalls.

Answering the phones, data entry of faxed, e-prescribed or telephoned in prescriptions, following up with doctors to obtain refills. Billing insurance, resolving insurance claims, communication with the patient and doctor regarding non-covered medications, patient adherence calls, filling prescriptions at a very quick but accurate rate, keeping a clean work station. Reverse prescriptions that have not been purchased by the patient in the 14 day window.

Every day is fast paced. We have to work diligently as a team in order to be efficient and accomplish all that we need to in a day. The most difficult part is when customers are mad that their prescriptions aren't covered, are expensive, or aren't ready. There are plenty of wonderful customers, but there are also many that are very rude for no reason. We must maintain a good attitude and apologize even if a customer is verbally abusive. That is definitely the hardest part of the job, it can wear on your spirits after a while.

My co-workers make my job enjoyable. We are constantly working together to get through the day and lift each other spirits if it's a tough day. I like my co-workers a lot because they are hardworking and do their best every day.
Productive and safe enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 30, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: Short breaks, Miscommunication with customers
Safe environment with lovely customers wanting patient and caring employees to help with their selection and sales. Having mathematical skills is key to work with coupons and discounts. Communication skills grew being that I had to assist customers and escort them to the certain section in the store that they insisted. Management is great and gives many tasks to stay productive and is open minded to ideas to make the store more appealing.
Fast paced
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Lumberton, NJJune 30, 2015
The hardest part of the job was that merchandise was not always where it was supposed to be. Good co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I moved around and was not standing in one spot during my shift.
pharmacy tech
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Minot, NDJune 30, 2015
Pros: Loved doing what I was doing and my co workers
Cons: short breaks, under staffed
filled prescription meds everyday and entered medication information into the computers. answered phone calls and dealt with insurance quit often.
Typical day at Cvs
Shift Manager (Former Employee), CrosbyJune 30, 2015
Our stores are open from 7AM until 10PM at night we are open Monday through Sunday 7 days a week and we are also open every single day of the year. So on a regular Monday we open up the store at 7AM my cashier will get every thing ready in the front and I will bring her the registers. I then start to do the payroll from the day before and the deposit, afterwards I then take the deposit every day. On some days we do have truck so I have to go to the back and un load the truck and that's when we all work together as a team and stock all the shelves. On other days there is always something to do with cleaning the back room, facing the store, cleaning the stores doing a planogram. At night time we count all the registers and then face and clean the store to get it ready for the next business day.
greet company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2015
its a fun place to work you meet new people everyday and management there is excellent. they have lots of room to advance within the company.
data entry of rx's into computer, submit to insurance, and count medications
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAJune 30, 2015
very fast paced environment, no downtime, breaks were hard to come by, very rarely was there time for lunch breaks. range of ages. currently no employees are there from the time I worked there.
A story
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), DallasJune 30, 2015
Pros: help old people with their meds, co-workers
Cons: low pay ceiling, no support from upper management
I worked at a perennially understaffed high volume store. One week we were about 3 days behind on prescriptions, so the DM walks in and tells us the problem was our workflow and lack of focus on metrics. It wasn't because our hours were getting cut left and right. Then the DM gives us some suggestions on how to improve and leaves.

Later on the PM asked for more hours. Instead got ripped a new one by the DM, RM and pharmacy supervisor during a conference call. PM tells me we're never asking for hours again. Needless to say I turned in my two weeks after that.
very hard work environment
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: good sallary
Cons: hard work environment
They never have enough workers at their pharmacies, the work load is horrible and very awful they are literally blood suckers.
Great company.
Customer Care Representative/Escalation Management (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great management, great training and positive working environment.
Cons: They closed
Great management, positive work environment. Learned so much and loved my job. Really enjoyed escalation management and the challenge of making a customer who was quite angry into a happy customer that would return.
overall a great place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), geneva, ilJune 29, 2015
Pros: training, fast paced
The position was very stressful due to customer demand, but the people I worked with were awesome. CVS made sure to provide adequate training as well.
easy job
Pharmacy Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCJune 29, 2015
Pros: raises every 6 months
Cons: nothing
Easiest job!!! Wonderful place to work. You have stock and bond as an employee, which they will enroll you in. Easy bonus, and raise every 6 months.
The work is okay but management could be better.
Customer service, stocking, cashier (Current Employee), Reedley, CAJune 29, 2015
When I first started I loved my job, got along well with everyone, and enjoyed helping the customers. Then hours were cut and I've been struggling since. The management isn't that great.
Job Work Life Balance and Very Productive Company
Project Management Consultant (Current Employee), woonsocket, NJJune 29, 2015
Pros: Plenty of opportunities to grow up
Cons: Employee Benefits are moderate for this size of the company
Great place to work here. Organization leadership is making all efforts in the growth of the company. Many innovative projects and a lot to learn. Though good remuneration, employee benefits are moderate for such a big company.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health. We’re – Read more

CVS Health Salaries