CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 11,988 reviews matching the search
Fast paced and never dull
Pharmacy Technician/Shift (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GANovember 3, 2016
Super quick super stimulating. Always something going on and needing to happen, constant progress within the company but not always its employees. When you have the right team built all is possible and all is limitless, when its not the right mix, inter agitation can disrupt Work flow and service. Strong customer focus and constant influx of news and criteria. Great place but not for the weak of heart or tortoises.
Pros
Quick and can learn alot
Cons
Right team or sometimes no team
great company
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 1, 2016
I started with this company immediately after school and it was not easy especially since i was new to the medical field, but 5yrs later i have learned and grown so much i would recommend Coram to any of my friends in the medical industry. the company is continuously growing, the staff is diversified, the work is challenging, management is okay, but the rewards are endless from room for growth, traveling opportunities, learning, sharpening your skills, 401k, and yearly pay raise.
ALOT to learn with low pay!
Authorization Specialist (data entry clerk) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 29, 2016
As a data entry clerk at CVS in their pre-authorizatiom department, this was the worst job ever! You WILL BE micro-managed! Before you go to the bathroom, you have to code out of your computer (understandable) AND your phone (we're not even on the phones)!! You only get a 30 minute lunch, they're not upfront with how much or even IF the pay rate will increase if you make permanent and last but not least, with a job this stressful, you'd think the dress code would be more laid back.....NOT! Jeans are only allowed on Friday....ALL FOR A WHOPPING 12.00 PER HOUR!
ENJOY!!!!
Pros
Nice cubicles, building
Cons
Micro managed the employees, not enough pay
Typical Retail
Beauty Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIDecember 1, 2016
I was hired in as Beauty Department Manager. I loved the job, but store managers weren't always supportive. It paid well, but over the years the job eroded down to where hours and staff cuts had me mostly doing stockroom work. The position has since been eliminated since the new CEO did not approve of the manhours put into it. Also, your live isn't with a penny. if there's a hurricane, you better not miss your shift, if the blizzards cause a driving ban,figure out a way to get there, and if you get a ticket for being on the road, its your problem. Holidays are ruined because of the hours, you are not deserving to be treated like a human being.
Great Final Product for Patients, Employees not valued
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Selden, NYNovember 6, 2016
Employees are expected to do the impossible, and sacrifice their lives for absolute minimal wages possible. No training, support, encouragement, meetings that take longer than 2 min on job performance, or feedback. Constantly understaffed, all new Technicians because no attempt is made to retain employees that have experience. No employee is happy here.
Pros
Great Patients
Cons
No company support for Employees
Pharmacy Tech
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CANovember 12, 2016
Coming in i was excited for being part of a team of people who want to help make people lives better and we did but some patients and some floating pharmacist are a bit more demanding than others. i do love this job and i wish i could of stayed but unfountantly i was always getting extended past my scheduled time and being accused of situations i had no control over. yes it sounds bad but my team was awesome and i will miss them very much.
Pros
Growing as a family.
Cons
no flexibility on schedules, some people just should reconsider a different job.
Depends on location and postion within the company
Certified Pharmacy Tech Trainee (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 29, 2016
I took this entry level position to get my foot in the door and see what the company is all about.
I quickly learned that there are employees that have been with the company for 5-20 years, so there is some good within. Other employees have gone quickly due to the management styles of certain facilities and caring more about the "numbers" than the customer and or employee.
So depending on where you are located and whether you are employed as a call center rep. (PSR) or working at one of the dispensing pharmacies, your experience will be different as each facility is different.
Productive environment with long-term benefits.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NJNovember 2, 2016
The workplace was very productive and fast-paced. One of the things I've learned is how to utilize my time more effectively in order to get more done. My co-workers and managers were easy to get along with. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job would be the feeling of accomplishment knowing that you are a small part of a bigger industry, and that you help to keep it going.
Pros
raffles, employee discount cards, free lunches, etc.
Cons
Can get extremely warm during the summer.
Overall good company
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 28, 2016
At CVS Caremark I handle inbound customer service calls relating to Medicare Part D prescription drug
services and affiliated with CVS mail order pharmacy, as well as being able to multitask with multiple
programs while maintaining a phone call with exceptional customer service.
Addressed and resolved customer product complaints em-pathetically and professionally.
Accurately documented, researched and resolved customer service issues.
Productive Day at CVS
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MINovember 26, 2016
A typical day of work consists of dealing with customers while completing the tasks upon hand. Ive learned a bunch from my manager about customer service skills and also the ropes of becoming a manager. My co-workers are great, I have developed a bond at my work force with that, it makes everyone a team instead of individual success. The hardest part of my job is not satisfying the customers. Seeing a facial expression that is other than a smile rubs me off the wrong way so I do my best in making sure there is other items I could assist the customer while making them feel welcomed.
Pros
Great environment to learn and wonderful people you'll meet in the making.
Cons
Not paying enough
Great Vision, poorly executed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OklahomaNovember 3, 2016
CVS Health are great innovators.They roll out new programs year after year to try and set them a part from the competition, yet they struggle to have the right leaders in the field to execute.

All of the talk coming out of corporate gets store teams excited, but by the time initatives roll out, most are seen as "just another metric", as field management only cares about how their stores look "on paper", rather than the culture of the stores, and how customers perceive them. Even stores that execute at highly profitable rates, with high "Contra A's" , are penalized when it comes time for reviews and incentive rewards.
Pros
Great Company Vision at the top
Cons
Field Management
productive workplace with excellent customer service
Customer Care Specialist/Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 3, 2016
count pills, type prescriptions into database, tend to the drive thru for patients who are picking up prescriptions.
I learned a lot about dosage and medications and what they are used for. I also learned time management things often got crazy.
The management team was very helpful and patient.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with the confrontation with the patients when they are unable to get their prescriptions.
The most enjoyable was knowing that i was doing my part to make that patient less sick or even make their day a little better by providing excellent service.
Pros
union, benefits etc.
Cons
patients attitudes
Friendly atmosphere, Competitive company
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, RINovember 4, 2016
My favorite part of the job is problem solving through process improvement. Helping others do their jobs faster, more efficiently, and with reduced drudgery was the most rewarding.

The direct managers are always supportive of the team and are available for help/questions.

Staff was encouraged to seek out company resources for self improvement.

With a large company like CVS opportunity to move up is never far away.
Very complicated job...major math needed. Your just a number
Sr Account Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RINovember 6, 2016
Typical day is not bad. Your not policed as they expect you to be able to be unsupervised.
What I learned, they trained me on the newest accounting software (SAP).
Depends on who you get. I was fortunate to have good managers.
Well that depends, I had some that abused phone use and days off. It's hard to work hard when others are not.
Getting along with everyone. Upper Management not caring.
Teamwork, when we had a hard job to do we really did come together to get it done.
Pros
They took them all away
Cons
Bad health insurance
Not worth the pay
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 9, 2016
CVS Health is one of the worst chains to work for in pharmacy. You are constantly understaffed while corporate piles on more and more tasks and responsibilities without providing additional time or resources. You can be the hardest worker, but management doesn't care. You will work many unpaid hours with no breaks just to keep up and it's almost expected of you. Techs - not enough of them and they are grossly underpaid. It's no wonder this company has one of the highest turn-over rates in the industry. Not an ideal place to work by any means.
Pros
Always opportunity to pick up extra hours
Cons
No breaks, understaffed, long hours
Not for the Easily Bored
Associate (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCNovember 10, 2016
Training is done almost entirely by reading tons and tons of manuals that they will then quiz you on. It's hours worth of boring manual reading just to be a cashier.

When it's busy, it's only busy for a short spell. Sure, you think, you'd like to get paid to walk around and do nothing, until you realize that every ten minutes feels like an hour and you aren't being paid enough to pay your bills. They rarely hire full time (even managers are only part time) and the hourly pay is lousy. I think the corporation itself has good intentions, but personally, it is the most boring job I have ever worked. Mind-numbing.
Pros
some minor benefits
Cons
boring, poor training
Productive and Big Corporation
Pharmacy Technician/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2016
Taking care of patients in pharmacy and on the floor. Putting away medicine and all other products. Learned alot about a big corporation and all the rules and regulations. Co workers are great! Hardest part is working with ordering issues and issues with prescriptions.
Most co workers were very nice and hard workers for the company.
Too many metrics you have to meet as far as getting patients signed up for things.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Stocking shelves
Coworkers were great
Assist plan members (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37932November 12, 2016
I had very good relationships with my coworkers at CVS/Caremark. It was some of the policies and procedures that were handed down by upper management that were not acceptable. You may get trained for every application and program that they use, yet be put on calls that only require the basic handling of the system. There were other things that I found to be ridiculous with the upper management, but all in all, it was a pretty good place to work. This would be a good intro job.
Pros
set schedule; good pay; very friendly people to work with;
Cons
some of the expectations from the upper management
CVS Customer Service Agent
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RINovember 17, 2016
A typical day of work would start with incoming phone calls from the start to finish, almost no time in between calls to catch up a break. Calls are in regard password reset, orders that does not go thru, prescription information that does not shows up on profile, and many curbside orders that does not accept promo code or are not process yet. Customers could be very rude. Coworkers and supervisors are very nice to work with but you'll have very little interaction since you are always on the phone. Training time is minimal- you learn it you do it- little or no time to practice.
They care about how you look too much
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 21, 2016
My manager changed the whole handbook after I was hired to single me out since I had streaks in my hair currently at the time. I had a super mega small nose ring which most customers never even noticed and my store manager flipped about everything physicsally about me until I resigned from my position after being tired of the constant harrasment. None of my managers had a problem with how I looked plus customers always complimented me daily and told my store manager how much they loved my hair and how I looked different.
Cons
Harassment