CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 9,292 reviews matching the search
Needs better management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bedford Hills,NYFebruary 11, 2016
Worked as a Pharmacy Tech for 2 years. Pharmacy was incredibly busy, and we never had enough techs to handle the workload (drive thru!!) Upper management kept cutting hours, manager was uncommunicative. Customers for the most part were nice. Left to work for a competitor - so much better.
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
everything
fun place to work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2016
typical day is coming in store report to manager.the second thing to do is roam the store to see what needs to be restocked and restock the shelves clean the front and back of stockroom.the most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team to get the job done.the hardest part of the job is dealing with guest that are very unhappy but it your job to fix the conflict.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Dealing with customers all day with entering prescriptions, filling prescription vials, calling customers, and being cashier.
Not pleased
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZFebruary 10, 2016
My days usually consist of running around doing pointless busy work and making sure other staff get their pointless busy work done.

For me the best part of my job are my regulars who come in and say hi. The hardest part of my job is that corporate seems to think we need next to nobody to run an entire store. We are always understaffed to a point where I don't always have enough people and you can't even call in sick.
Pros
co workers and regular customers
Cons
Work life balance
its a great workplace to meet ne people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 10, 2016
What I like about working at CVS Health on canal is very interesting you get to meet new people form around the world
I always have a great time with my coworkers as well we get along great
The hardest part of the job is trying to please every customer that walks through the door because we might not have a specific item they're looking for
Miss direction of the pharmacy business
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Bay City, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Patient care is no longer the focus of the business rather the company pays more attention to metrics that is not a measurement of quality assurance. Pharmacist makes so much mistake because of too many task as regards to the metrics KPM system the company runs.
Pros
competative pay
Cons
No break, RPh works more than 10 hrs w/o break or food still not enough
Friendly Environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 10, 2016
With the exception of one, I have never had a problem with anyone I worked under or with. The environment is hectic at times, but manageable.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Very busy most days. Multi-tasking needed.
Horrible
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCFebruary 10, 2016
They Just don't care. Point blank. They want you to do more than you can handle and hate compensating you for it. Don't work here if you don't have to.
Workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Drexel Hill, PAFebruary 10, 2016
This a excellent place to work, it allows you to interact with customer and use your Pharmacy technician skills.
Management is willing to work with you to ensure you reach your training goals. Training is in small groups to ensure that you understand and retain all your learning.
productive and very busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJFebruary 9, 2016
Answered any and all questions that customers had regarding products, coupons, etc.Handled the cash register to process transaction. Went out on the floor to ensure customer satisfaction and address any questions or complaints. all customers health matters. great place to work managers are awesome and so as the coworkers.I love working in fast paced environment.
Pros
mangers can work around your schedule if needed.
Cons
mostly hire part time

Want to know more about CVS Health?

Ask a question
Amazing Experience
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTFebruary 9, 2016
Loved my job and coworkers never had a problem only had issues with difficult patients from time to time but the company teaches you how to handle those tough situations.
Pros
Manager was great
Cons
Customers time to time
Shift Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 9, 2016
Pretty good, very productive and nice employees. Management teaches very well and i got promoted because of my hard work.
One and a Half Thumbs Up
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA 18706February 9, 2016
Mandatory overtime is excessive, but if that's what you like, then this is the job for you.
Advancement is up to you. Must be a go getter. Too many socialites there, so if you are a hard charger, you WILL pick up the slack.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
I repeat --- Mandatory Overtime, although they can't call it that.
Unprofessional
Director Enterprise Digital (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILFebruary 9, 2016
Medco got bought and kicked all them out in NJ. Being sweared at in meetings is very common and you better have thick skin. They all found a home in CVS and hired each other qualified or not. The work life balance is not there and there is no investment or IT only projects for the business. If you are not on the East Coast you there is little chance to advance.
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Unprofessional
Always productive but boring
Up/Stocker-Cashier/Photo Center (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Typically a cashier faces the store and rings up customers. Also, assisting them with questions and answering phone calls.
I learned how to handle photo center related tasks and since it was my first retail job ringing customers, store recovery and stocking. I been to a lot of cvs's where management was lousy and treated you like their lesser. My coworkers were freindly and really nice to be around.
At cvs you learn to be very kind and respectful. Not much was hard about the job except correctly performing photo tasks and taking passport photos etc. I find simple conversation while ringing up some frequent customers most enjoyable. We call them regulars in the retail business.
Pros
free flu shots
Cons
very little pay for amount expected from you
What a typical work day was like.
(Cashier) (Overnight) (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYFebruary 8, 2016
I was the head cashier. I also worked restocking the selves and cleaning. Removal of trash. Also assisted in truck unloading. I also answered the phone and assisted any customers that had any questions.
Pros
Great work enviorment
Cons
CVS Health was a good fun experience
Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAFebruary 8, 2016
I always learned something new on the job whether it was looking up products in other stores or working faster on the register. The co-workers were very friendly and easy to get along with and at times very helpful.The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers that gave you a thank after you have helped them.
stable
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAFebruary 8, 2016
very busy and generally organized. no time for breaks. management is not very helpful. It is very stressful and I find that management is not good at helping the employees decrease there stress. You are not accurately compensated for job well done
Pros
location
Cons
low pay
Fair
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2016
It would be great if you were treated as an employee instead of a dollar sign. A lot of turn over in employees and management. Chaotic workplace as it seems no one knows what is going on from day to day.
Cvs