CVS Health

8.5K reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

busy fast paced environment
staff pharmacist (Former Employee), Asheville, NCAugust 31, 2015
This company has a good salary but the job can be physically and mentally demanding. It requires a long hour shift without a mandatory 30-minute lunch.
Workplace focused on customers health
Shift Manager Multiple Locations (Former Employee), Riverhead, NYAugust 31, 2015
A typical day would include greeting co workers and customers pleasantly. I would clean the store to maintain the order and appearance of the store. I would ring customers and help them with photo and any other questions or concerns that they may have. I also would complete inventory and cycle counts several times a week. I learned to be task oriented and to multi-task. The management was focused at times. Some of my co workers worked hard and were focused on their customers. The hardest part of my job is the
Great Place to Work
Call Center Specialty Pharmacy Supervisor (Former Employee), Fairfield, NJAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: Commute
Enjoyed working there, people were very nice. Opportunity for advancement. Team Spirit, great environment. Everyone cared about the patients they served.
great store
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Anaheim Hills, CaAugust 31, 2015
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: not enough help
I really enjoyed my time at this store, great coworkers and great manager. Very busy store and never enough help. I enjoyed working in this store simply because of my coworkers but we were almost always short staffed.
Community Pharmacy
Pharmacist (Current Employee), Andover, MAAugust 31, 2015
Fast work paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside a great team of pharmacist and technicians. Help me grow and develop as a Pharmacist.
Fast paced enviorment, with good co-workers, and many learning oppertunities
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Supportive management
Cons: None; I loved my job!
Great place to work, great place to grow and excel.
Supportive co-workers, and a vast amount of variety in terms of work and projects. This helped to keep me focused, motivated and challenged.
Team enviroment
customer service rep (Current Employee), fort lauderdale beachAugust 31, 2015
i have been working there for 2yrs and I love the environment great view, great team, and managers. It is pleasure and never a dull moment being there taught me more about customer service.
demanding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYAugust 31, 2015
this job had its challenges. nonetheless I walk away be a great experience and the ability to manage and run a tem effectively.
Fun Place to work-Horrible hours.
Clerk/Cashier, (Former Employee), Margate City, NJAugust 30, 2015
I've worked here for about a year. It's a great way to meet new people and be helpful. The people in the area is always nice.
However, the company starts to cut hours and it becomes unpleasant. You only get to work a few hours here and there.
The managers are great and very friendly though, which is always a plus.
Very boring
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Annandale, VAAugust 30, 2015
Working at CVS is always fun because i've learned many new things from it. There's different types of customers everyday. The CVS that i worked at is always busy and i dont know why.
Extremely tiring, but still very rewarding.
Supervisor/Photo Technician/Clerk (Former Employee), Melrose, MAAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Great Co-Workers
I worked at this establishment for quite some time and I have to say it was shaped me into the worker I am today. CVS was my first job and ever since day 1 I have learned how hard work can really pay off. It gets very tiring stocking shelves, cleaning and running back and forth to get all of the tasks done, but at the end of the day I always left feeling like I accomplished something. I always made sure customers left the store with a smile on their face and enjoyed their time and experience there. At one point I was a Supervisor, a Photo Tech and a Cashier, so I kind of juggled three jobs at once. Again, was very tiring trying to find the balance, but my co-workers were always there to lend a hand if I needed it. I knew they had my back. Leaving CVS was very sad for me because I feel like they had become a part of my family. Working here has taught me that hard work can go a very long way.
Never boring
Customer Service (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOAugust 30, 2015
Pros: decent benefits, great hours
Cons: unruly customers
You can meet all sorts of people at a pharmacy. The job is never boring and is very rewarding. I became very knowledgeable on different medications and illness during my employment, which was helpful in my life outside of work.
NA
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 30, 2015
I HAD A WONDERFUL SUPERVISOR.DID NOT LIKE THE FACT YOUR HOURS CAN CHANGE AT ANY TIME.YOU HAVE TO WORK SO HARD FOR SO LITTLE PAY.YOU DO NOT GET ANY BREAKS EXCEPT YOUR LUNCH BREAK
This was a good location to get my feet wet. I was tought everything I know about retail
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Middleburg, FLAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Family orianted hours were flexible
Cons: the gossibe
I loved my co workers. We worked together as a team. You were never meant to feel stupid. Everyone one out team wanted to the make the next look better
Robots Only: Humans Need Not Apply
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Some positions pay more than minimum wage
Cons: It's not worth it
Unless you are able to function with the speed, accuracy, commitment, lifespan, strength, and emotional coldness of a robot, you're better off finding a job elsewhere. CVS demands far more than what they compensate you for, and enough is never enough.

The work in and of itself is not difficult, but is very repetitive, and requires endless amounts of patience dealing with the public. The management hierarchy is a system that only works well if you have an incredible manager...which is hard to find. There is room to grow in the company, but not enough incentive to make it worth it.
Not the best store
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2015
It has its good and bad days but overall management shows alot of favoritism and its hard to grow and learn within the company no matter how much you try. Once you're given a task to do thats about all you can do.
Productive and fun atmosphere for customers and employees
Cashier, Stocker Cvs (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Free food when the store was good on inventory
Cons: Few personalities weren't all that great
CVS was a good job with amazing customer service they made sure customers were treated with respect and acknowledged them at all time. It was almost like they were right at home.
My job at CVS Caremark
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Positive support and encouragement to excel !
Cons: None, it was a great experience.
Customer service inbound calls on drug benefits,copays,eligibility,deductibles.Involved in working the retail help desk on rejected claims at local pharmacy. Superior Management group always supportive and encouraged our growth in the workplace. Employed with this company for 20 years and was graced with working with some of the most hard working and positive people I have had the pleasure to know in this life time. Hardest part ot the job was when encountering a medication that was not covered by a specific drug plan and informing patient no coverage was provided or limited on a certain quantity. Our mission statement"Helping people to better health"
pharmacy is ok
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 28, 2015
overall OK working environment. Sometimes it can be very busy and customers are hard to work with. Need to work well in a team, and have other who are team-workers as well. this can make the job good and horrible depending on team mates
Customer satisfaction is the goal
Pharmaceutical Technician (Current Employee), Southwick, MAAugust 28, 2015
The companies main focus is customer based. Their main priority is how we can improve to make their (the customer's) day better. Unfortunately, there are problems with the lower management that causes tension in the work place. Along with over-worked and under-paid employees. Overall; it was a decent experience because I learned a lot. however I am not fully pleased on how the company treats its staff..
Headquarters