CVS Health

8.2K reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

Fair
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), CAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff, healthcare
Cons: Not enough payroll
Company cares more about $ than employees.
Hardest part of the job is running a store, managing a shift with 2 employees.
Expected to get a lot done, AND offer personal shopping experiences for customers.
Depending your location, no security was offered despite a few store robberies.
The customers were friendly and polite
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Mamaroneck, NYJuly 30, 2015
I liked working there because of the customers. The staff wasn't at all helpful or friendly. And got upset at me for being too helpful and kind to the customers. But I did not care.
Great time/ Great job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 29, 2015
Pros: The overall experience was a pro for me
Cons: to many complaining employees, it darkened the atmosphere
A typical day consisted of logging into my systems, answering inbound phone calls, researching health plans, transferring calls, running test claims for RX's.
Fun Working
Sr Java Developer (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 29, 2015
1. SCRUM methodology is being implemented with during of sprints around 3 to 4 weeks.
2. Developed a UI tool for assigning field level security for the components on the screen using SWING.
3. Debugged various maintenance issues to fix production bugs.
The compensation and benefits are pretty good but job security and the job work/life balance are issues.
Pharmacist/Regional floater (Former Employee), Western paJuly 29, 2015
Its a retail position so it is typical retail postion. Filling prescriptions that are sent via e-rx, fax, refills that are called in, and the patients that hand deliver their prescriptions. Counseling patients on their medications and answering their questions. There really is not a typical day at work for me because I float and work in many, many stores and they are all different. I learned that if you treat people with respect then you might expect respect in return however may not always recieve it, but regardless of that statement always treat people how you would want to be treated. Its the golden rule and is very true and how I interact with whom everyone I come into contact. In terms of management I learned by interaction with many different supervisors that there are the better ways to mange a team and worse ways. They both essentially get the job done but one way leaves the employee feeling valued and the other does not. The hardest parts of the job are the hours (nights/weekends/holidays) and constantly standing for long hours. The most enjoyable parts of the job (and what I will miss the most) are the customers that are very sweet, kind, and actually want to understand how to take their medications properly. Those people are part of the reason why I got into pharmacy in the first place. I wanted to be part of a healthcare team to better help patients take care of their health.
Average place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Decent Co-workers
Cons: Not enough hours, not enough employees
Management can give sufficient amount of hours, whether full time or part time, but there are not enough hours to employ more than a few people for the entire store. The store is 24 hr store but there is only enough hours for 4 cashiers (one of which works the overnight shift) and 4 managers (including the store manager). For example, To fulfill full time hours, my shifts are full 8 hrs but most of the time I am the only cashier with only 1 manager on duty. This is the same for other cashiers when I am not on duty. This makes doing basic store activities or jobs difficult. If I am given a project to do, I must do the project, be the main cashier (the only cashier mostly, so I must stay close the registers), assist customers in photo lab, aid customers with finding products (walking them to the specific item) and greet each customer. The multi-tasking is something I am good at, but when I am occupied with any of those tasks, I cannot perform the others without help. However, the 1 other employee in the store is a manager, who is usually preoccupied with a project themselves or even helping a customer as well. The expectation is that every customer throughout the store is helped as much as possible, but this cannot be fulfilled when there are only an average of 2 employees in the store in an 8 hour shift.
Productive and educational work setting
Kansas Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Overland ParkJuly 29, 2015
Cons: very low pay
CVS health has been a great corporation to work for. If it weren't for the low pay, I wouldn't be looking for a new job. I have been a technician there for over 4 years, and I am still making less than 11$ an hour, although I just got offered a lead tech position. I love my co-workers, but the pay is not worth my time.
Working at CVS was like picking cotton in the field
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Kenner, LAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: Pay rate
Working at CVS was like picking cotton in the field. The compensation for the work that needed to be done was not appealing. The co-workers were always trying to down one another. The hardest part of the job was catching shopliftters and the enjoyable part was finishing my work shift.
Productive workplace.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Healthcare.
Cons: Corporate was not very acknowledging of employees hard work.
Decent work place with supportive crew workers.
Allowed growth within the company.
Thorough training in every position.
Was definitely an unforgettable job
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work would include setting up the photo equipment, developing film, printing pictures after the film developed, and running register at the front of the store. When the store was slow, I would "face" the shelves of the store, making sure that all the isles and shelves looked organized.
By doing this job, I learned a lot about developing pictures, it was actually pretty interesting and fun developing the photos. I also learned a lot about time management, as well as how to provide excellent customer service. I enjoyed the customers that would come in on a regular basis, we would chat for a bit, and it was definitely enjoyable talking with all the friendly people.
My co-workers were generally always very nice. I had friends there, and there were never any confrontations. There we moments when co-workers were stressed out, but everyone had each other's backs and were an open ear if anyone needed to talk.
The hardest part of the job was doing the "up-selling" of items. It was never the worst thing, and I would do it, I just always found that to be a pushy kind of thing for the store to do. Never too big on advertising an item to customers who would buy it without asking if they truly needed it.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my co-workers, and seeing the customers that would come in regularly.
A place for young people
Pharmacy Technician (Lead-Technician) (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 28, 2015
Cons: A lot of work concentrated in one employee
I think it is a very good company for young people who want to go to school and get some extra money in the time that they live with their parents
pharmacy technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2015
VS/pharmacy store brands offer customers trusted and high-quality alternatives to national brands. Many are innovative first-to-market products that fill a gap in the national brands’ offerings and meet customers’ specific needs and wants, whether in the form of inexpensive but comparable product options, or items with innovative ingredients or packaging that provide specific consumer benefits.
Cashier/Supervisor Trainee (Former Employee), Detroit, MiJuly 28, 2015
Pros: great discounts and deals
Cons: no Benefits unless Fulltime, short lunchs
.............................................................................................................
My daily duties
Cashier, Front End (Former Employee), Staten island , new yorkJuly 28, 2015
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: short meal break
Cashier, Front End
• Working Cash Register and handling of goods
• Maintain professionalism & working with public
• Packing out goods and maintaining the shelves neatly
Sad pills from sad people.
Pharmacist (Current Employee), Houston, TxJuly 28, 2015
This is the McDonald's of Retail Pharmacy. Quick, cheap, low quality product, with poor customer/patient service. The employees are miserable too, but their stock is doing great so they must be doing something right. Right?
Pharmacy systems are well established
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2015
Systems are in place to improve pharmacy efficiency and minimize dispensing errors. Profit is the companies priority, but ethical practices are still maintainted.
Worst company Ive ever worked for
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: employee discount is okay
Cons: too many to list
CVS is a soul sucking corporation bent on total domination of the retail pharmacy world, and they will stop at nothing to achieve that. They hire skeleton crews for their stores, expect the employees to go to h*** and back for the company, and then give them a 1% raise on top of their already laughable hourly wage. This could arguably be called slave labor. Beware, if you are looking to be a shift supervisor, DO NOT DO IT! Trust me, I was a cashier and then promoted to shift. Worst decision I ever made. You are dumped with ALL the responsibility of the Store Manager, while getting only .20cents more than you were as a cashier. BEWARE of this company. This would be fine for a teenager to work over the summer for some extra cash, but anybody with bills to pay, this job is not your answer. You're expected to help customers, resolve customer issues (aka give gift cards to whiny people), manage ALL the cash for the store, do resets and planograms, keep inventory accurate, stock shelves, put product away, keep pricing accurate, help in the RX when they need it, answer employees questions/concerns, clean the whole store daily, receive deliveries, take the trash out, etc etc etc. The best part of this job was complaining about the job with my coworkers, who ended up as friends for even awhile after I left.
Positive work place
Cashier- Greeting (Former Employee), Phoenix, azJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
My responsibilities at payless include opening the store on time, completing all morning paperwork, friendly greeting all customers and providing professional customer service while creating a warm & welcoming atmosphere, explaining current promotional sales and identifying customer needs. I was also in charge of verifying shipment, scheduling, dropping off deposits, collecting customer information and performing cash, credit/debit transactions including refunds and exchanges at the register. Lastly, closing out the register at the end of the work day, counting the money and verifying the amount is balanced, setting alarm code and locking up.
Great place to work. Very fasr paced and benefits.
cashier (Former Employee), 816 E. Main St. Alhambra Ca. 91801July 27, 2015
Great place to work, very fast paced and benefits. Always great merchandise to buy and browse. There are opportunities to grow in the company.
A good place to learn what a call center is all about
Medicare Part D Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Schedules
Cons: Salary and Benefits
Good place to learn customer service. Salary and benefits could be better since CVS/Caremark does the customer service for Aetna.
Headquarters