CVS Health
6,998 reviews

CVS Health Employer Reviews

Fast Paced
Staff Pharmacist, CVS (Current Employee), Marshall, TXMarch 1, 2015
Fast paced and challenging work environment. Demanding but good customer service practices. Customer based care is exercised.
Great place to work if you are at the right location
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Ballentine, SCMarch 1, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: working weekends
Very productive and consistently busy.You always have to be prepared for the unexpected. Coworkers are like family. Hardest part of the job is working weekends, enjoyable is seeing regular customers who become like family.
Poor pay for lots of work
Part-time Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), haverhill,maMarch 1, 2015
The job can be stressful or boring, i have not felt that it was a rewarding job though. there is a lot of work to do for so little pay.
Sometimes, it's very stressfull, but we all work together for job to be done.
1 student (Current Employee), Holbrook,MAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: very friendly and helpful
Cons: no time to have break because it is very busy
- Teamwork at our place makes work different. We all help each other and provide our best patient care.
- The team are very friendly and most of the techs are vey good, very quick, and dedicated to their jobs.
productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYMarch 1, 2015
I enjoy working in a productive and fun environment. I love my coworkers and management. when I work is the most enjoyable time of the day.
Enjoyable and over all great place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Bowie, MDMarch 1, 2015
Customer oriented business. Employees take pride in 100% customer satisfaction. Able to assist customers and help them locate products they are looking for. Self gratification when customers leave happy.
Best work experience I ever had
Internship Student (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: breaks, friendships, customers
A typical day at CVS included getting to work on time, punching in, and getting straight into the daily tasks which were stocking the shelves and keeping the workplace clean. The best part was answering the customers questions, guiding them, assisting and ensuring a satisfactory visit. I learned that there is always something to be done at work, how to work fast but efficiently and that customers are priority. I got close to my manager, Karla Mayweather and it was not the same when she was transferred to another CVS pharmacy store. My coworkers were also volunteers and it was an honor when I became team-lead. The hardest part was having to get something done quick with customers continuously asking for help, but in the end they always came first. The most enjoyable part was getting to know my coworkers and seeing customers return on a regular basis.
poor pay
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHFebruary 28, 2015
The pay is horrible for all of the work that has to be put in its not worthed, there is absolutely no security and the company doesn't worry about nothing but the money in there pockets and give you the least that they can.
Always on your toes
Customer Service (Former Employee), Newnan, GAFebruary 28, 2015
There was always something to do whether it was just a daily operations or something extra you could do to make the store look and run better. All of my coworkers were easy to get along with and we all had a strong sense of what it meant to work as a team,
Productive yet stressful work place
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2015
Cons: very short breaks, insufficient pay, inadequate staffing
A typical day at work is filling prescriptions due for that day and any upcoming prescriptions that need to be filled, typing and translating any incoming prescriptions, checking in the overnight medication order while assisting customers that come to either drop off a prescription or pick up their medication, answering any phone calls, processing refills made over the phone. I've learned the brand/generic names of most used medications, how to calculate day supply (usage of medication and how much to dispense over what period of time). I have a great management, my co-workers are mostly knowledgeable of their duties in the pharmacy. The hardest part of my job is inadequate coverage for emergencies that may occur where I would not be able to attend work, such as a sick family member or death in the family. Lack of proper staffing adds to the stress of the job as there is more than one station to attend to that may require immediate attention at the same time.
Compensation does not match demand.
Shift B Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: cant think of any
Cons: over worked and under payed
CVS could be and ok place to work if they pay was a little bit more and if they would increase the staffing in the stores. So much inventory is wasted whenever the season changes and the candies have to be thrown out just because of labeling just seems very wasteful
Productive and forklift driver
Forklift Driver/Puller (Former Employee), orlandoFebruary 28, 2015
I love that job i learn a lot, got many good friends. My hard part was heavy lifting and the part that most enjoyed was when was receiving my check.
Productive/ Physically challenging
Order Selector (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: incentive and safety bonuses, luncheons
Cons: healthcare benefits
A typical day at work for me is a very busy day each and every day. I work very well with all co-workers. I would say the hardest part about my job is not knowing when I would get off. The best part about my job is knowing that I am productive and accurate.
Easy but still challenging place to work.
Human Resources Part-time (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2015
Busy, educational, understaffed at times. Easy place to work. A quick productive day but can also be challenging sometimes. I learned a lot about what the drugs do.
Fun and friendly work environment; some management issues
Customer Service (Current Employee), Gahanna, OHFebruary 28, 2015
CVS is a pretty enjoyable company to work for. Typical tasks I had to handle on a daily basis were assisting costumers, keeping shelves stocked and conditioned, maintaining photo processing equipment, and taking passport photos. Most coworkers got along well and would work together to get tasks done. Management would be different depending on what region you were in and which specific CVS you worked for. Since I started working for CVS I have had four different managers, although I'm not entirely sure if this is common in other stores.
Love the job
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), White Plains, NYFebruary 27, 2015
The job itself entitles a lot of responsibilities for a technician, but its worth the knowledge and the headaches when you hear the most sincere thank you from someone who really appreciates all of the work you put into their script.
job can be stressful
Lead Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Current Employee), Brockton, MAFebruary 27, 2015
process and fill prescription orders, provide customer service, handle insurance rejection claims. Company is ok to work for but so much is expected with little to no help.
2nd best pharmacy job
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: snacks
Cons: business attire
A typical day has many different specialty therapies and ability to learn at a very high pace. Management is really nice and encouraging, co-workers are in the same grind, the hardest part is the uncertainty of stable business. The most enjoyable is the company gym, Starbucks, and a decent cafeteria.
work
Cashier/Photo Tech (Former Employee), virginiaFebruary 27, 2015
meet new people fun work place learn new rolls in the job market and get paid. can be flexible. I don't like that they work holidays or in very inclement weather. And will n not close early for anything
HORRIBLE
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Waller, TXFebruary 27, 2015
The employees are overworked, management is cold and could care less about lesser employees. The corporate offices don't get involved in employee relations (ie payroll, fmla, ect) unless threatened but lawyers.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) is a pharmacy innovation company helping people on their path to better health. Through our 7,700 retail – Read more