CVS Health
6,707 reviews

CVS Health Employer Reviews

CVS
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Richardson TXJanuary 23, 2015
Around 10 years of my career with CVS. Got the chance to explore different skills as a Developer, Lead, Analyst, Management and project ownership.
Organized and friendly workplace.
Cashier/Customer management (Former Employee), Walterboro, SCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly work environment, good hours, decent pay
Cons: short breaks, consistent movement, can be strenuous at times
A typical day at CVS is always guided by a workbook that assigns each worker a certain task unless permitted and notified about other tasks. My job usually consisted of conducting sales, managing stock and inventory, doing price changes, mark ups and mark downs, maintaining equipment, running the photo department, communicating with customers over the phone, etc.
At CVS I learned communications skills, the ability to deal with customers in an effective manner, the ability to multitask and diligent problem solving skills.
My coworkers were all friendly and very tolerant of each other in the workplace. The working conditions were great but the hardest part of the job was having the mental stability to work under pressure and to keep the public happy. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers leave the store happy and satisfied with my services.
Providing excellent healthcare for our patients as a team
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), ChicagoJanuary 23, 2015
Excellent place to work. Co-workers are really helpful. Benefits are good. The kind of healthcare that we provide to our patients is reflected on the satisfied patients that go and get their prescriptions at our pharmacy.
Overall an excellent company to work for with a lot of resources
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: customer interactions, helpful resources, refined systems, excellent benefits
Cons: overly micro-managed in some regards, drive-thru pharmacy fosters unrealistic expectations
My experience was at a relatively high-volume store. Typical days involved filling approximately 450 scripts, with all the usual ups and downs associated with retail pharmacy. The highlight of my days were the positive interactions and relationships we were able to build with most of our patients. Having good co-workers is always a plus. Management was supportive, but as in all areas there were always targets and goals that were often counter-productive to real-world performance. CVS has many different programs, tools, and training for all of their employees - there is always a resource available, and management was always willing to help.
Friendly, Fast Pace, good enviroment
Shift Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJanuary 23, 2015
When managing the store it is pretty easy going, you do most of the work as quickly as you can knowing that there is only one associate there to help. Understanding how to balance your work will help in the long run. Always smile even if your Co-workers have a bad day, dont let it get the best of you. The hardest part of your day is not having enough people to work through your task.
Wouldn't recommend
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), New YorkJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: meet new people
Cons: rarely breaks, not too flexible in hours too much expected, don't speak to workers or customers nicely. and no room for growth.
I've worked in quite a few CVS's and in each one, New management with no idea of what they are doing, with too much to prove. Many managers that do nothing and expect alot. Became too stressful for me.
Good luck for anyone else perhaps you'll have better luck!
Quick work day
Cashier, Customer, Value, and Service (Former Employee), Venice, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Fast place, photo processing, helpful, team player, making every customer happy, knowing your customer that come in every day.
Horrible Company
Government and Paper Claims Processor (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: horrible employees and rude ones
I have seen many people leave this company, because the work load is too much and the "Consultants" are paid as if they are managers so they don't get over time. They treat contractors that they hire with disrespect, and if they terminate a contractor they either give you one day, or wait until you gone home to terminate you.
Not Bad
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), HackettstownJanuary 22, 2015
It was an alright place to work, doesnt pay much but they are very flexible and are willing to help you learn. The only thing that was hard about this job was knowing where to find each drug and making sure that you have the right medication.
Great
Customer service (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 22, 2015
A great company to start with to learn the Customer service Field
Nice people and customers
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Medina OHJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: customers were nice
Cons: not long enough breaks
A day at work would start out getting things ready and running like the computers. I learned how to talk to customers and how to treat them. Management was awesome, if i needed help on anything they would come over right away. My co-workers were also great, we all got along. The hardest part was trying to math real quick in my head. The most enjoyable part was seeing the smiles on my customers faces. Loved making them happy in any way possible.
CVS
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Camp Springs, MDJanuary 21, 2015
Decent place to work. Fast paced work, good management, and the teamwork was excellent.
Great staff and enviroment
Photo Technician and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Douglaston, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Working at cvs was a great experience. I was able to learn from each department. The was always room for growth. The staff was great and team work was phenomenal.
My workplace was great
Front-End Cashier (Current Employee), Gulfport MSJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: team players
This was a job while I was in high school. I learned to be responsible, dependable, hard working, flexible, and loyal to my job. I worked with people that went over and beyond to help me to excel in retail.
worked well around my schedule.
Customer Service/ Cashier (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 21, 2015
I help customers with finding items in the store. I ring up their purchases.
Good job
Cashier/Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 21, 2015
I enjoyed my time with this company. As a photo lab technician I learned quite a lot when it comes to pictures.
very detailed job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Fresh Meadows, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Paying attention to detail is a must on this job, and battling with insurance company rejections is probably the worst part. Other than that, the patients are great once they get to know you!!!
Productive and calm work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), West Covina, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers, relax and calm environment
Typical day would be nice and smooth. I learned how to organize and restock products. Management was nice, manager was nice and friendly and would be helpful to show you how to do things if you needed help. Co-workers were very nice and also enjoyed the workplace, and if needed worked together or helped out another employee in need. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping out customers and feeling accomplished and productive throughout the whole work time.
too much to do, little time to complete, lack of knowledgable upper management
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: wonderful staff to work with
Cons: limited tech hours, no recognition of certification from ptcb, newly hired staff making more than seasoned veterans
overall i loved working with my most recent employer. however when it came down to accuracy and patient care they tell us the patient comes first but in all honesty its only about numbers and salaries.

we're told to never tell patients more than a 15 minute wait and even that is too long of a wait for most of them. our tech hours were dependent on total scripts per week. in a store that does a volume of 500-700 a day we were still short tech hours. the saying "running around with a chicken with no head" comes into play here. too many metrics were being focused on: how many scripts a day/week/mon/year. how fast the drive thru line moved, picking up the phone as soon as it rings (even though everyone is helping customers, on dr line or on phone with insurance).

most nights saw 3 techs (1 at data input, 1 at production, 1 at front pick up AND drive thru) and 1 pharmacist (12 hour shifts, no breaks) checking scripts. the tech at production is considered the back up to front pickup. one station stops working and suddenly everyone is rushing to meet deadlines for rx pickups.
Grat place to gain experience
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), BaltimoreJanuary 21, 2015
At CVS I learned how to work in a fast paced, moderate stress environment. I have experience with every type of customer there is. This really helped me grow as a pharmacist. All in all it was an excellent experience. I thank CVS for allowing me to serve my community.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) is a pharmacy innovation company helping people on their path to better health. Through our 7,700 retail – Read more