CVS Health Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,404 reviews matching the search
Pharmacy Technician Duties
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Garden City, GAAugust 11, 2016
• Deliver results while balancing quality and efficiency in all tasks; maintain accuracy while consistently meeting work flow and inventory management goals.
• Effectively follows workflow procedures with an in-depth understanding for day-to-day coordination and processing of patient medication orders.
• Understands and follows federal and state laws (HIPAA, OSHA), regulations, professional standards, and ethical procedures.
• Accurately prepares medications under the direction of a staff pharmacist.
Easy workplace provided you are computer savy
Clinical Pharmaist, Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2016
Good place to work if you enjoy working independently. High management turnover. Newer management does not appreciate hard work from employees. Newer management had never worked in this type of area before and were not very friendly. A few employees had to teach and work massive overtime to help new incoming staff, cover for new supervisors and management.
Pros
ability to work independently at times
Cons
short breaks, high management turnover; taught new management, new staff, not very friendly management, was made to work overnights to also teach technicians
Intense work envrionment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Freeport, NYAugust 29, 2016
Working as a pharmacy technician at a twenty-four hour CVS pharmacy has shown that one must be extremely patient and tolerant of not only the workload but also the patients which come in. The atmosphere can be very intense at moments and at times very unruly, however working with a compassionate and experienced staff makes the workday much more bearable. I suggest this position for anyone looking to step into the medical world, especially those looking into pharmaceuticals.
stressful most of the time but at can be fun based on management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2016
CVS is a stressful place to work there is only two people per shift your're always doing more than expected,management can be a hassle as well when you have problem your better off solving it yourself but the customers are what makes the job most difficult because CVS is healthcare environment, which means customers rely on CVS to get their health issues resolved when we do not meet their expectations they will express their frustrations constantly either kindly or rudely your lucky through out your shift if nothing expected go wrong.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
only two people per shift
Friendly and productive work enviorment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Grovetown, GAJuly 29, 2016
Assisting customers at drive thru,drop off,and front end, or on the phone, filing scripts while working. Production area where you print three labels at a time and look for the drug. I learn something new everyday. Management team is very awesome always there to help you. The hardest part of my job is having to make a customer wait especially when we are very busy. Enjoyable part of my job knowing all of my customers name by heart and getting to know there families and going above and beyond to help my customers any way I possible can.
Change
Admissions Representative/Sr Assistant -ACO (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 15, 2016
I worked for this company for this for a few years and it was a great enviroment. We were bought out by a bigger party and the moral and safety of your job was determined more on race, back stabbing and tremendous amounts of drama. I liked the work I did, working with another state and helping with the care of sick patients. I learned a great deal about customer service, Clinical managment and a numerous amounts of other skills. I was happy I had the opportunitly to work there.
Pros
Knowledge, working with patients
Cons
Job security, Stress, turn over rate was high
Work life Balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 16, 2016
CVS is a great place to work. no issues of being laid off. Benefits are there and the salary is there. The only downfall is that CVS does not have enough work life balance. You will get paid to work 45 hrs and then frequently have to work upwards of 70 to get the job done correctly.The turn over rate is insane,because of the actual time you have to spend at work due to the budgets you are given to meet. Be prepared for working every time someone calls off and be prepared to work all holidays and weekends as well as nights.
Pros
Fun group of Management
Cons
No work personal life balance
Its Ok
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2016
At my store we had a long period with no store manager so things got a little stressful. When I first started the store manager was amazing but he retired shortly after I got there, so the store went with out a store manager for about 2 months. They do not offer full time positions but will give you almost full time hours depending on the manager. I also had to pick up everyones slack in my store because of having no store manager including other shift managers.
Pros
Opportunity to move up
Cons
No health benifits for part time employees and they rarely kire full time
Truth about CVS
Sales Associate/ Photo Specialist, CVS (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 10, 2016
A typical day at work consists of being on the register and sales floor, attending to customer's needs. Providing excellent service and getting work done efficiently. Hardest part of working for the CVS I work for.. is not being appreciated for all the hard work I put in. I feel there is no team spirit and management tends to be careless towards employees. The most enjoyable part of my day at work is knowing I helped customers with a smile on my face.
Pros
unfortunaley none
Cons
no benefits, no team spirit, no raise based on performance, poor managment
Great environment to work for and you will learn plenty of useful information
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2016
It is interesting to learn about several medications and interactions
Working helps you understand the healthcare systems, insurance, and consumer needs
Must be efficient in Pick up, Drop Off and Production
Must help to maintain accurate inventory of medications
Must be able to multi task and handle several situations at the same time
Hard part- A lot of running around and at times customers may be a handful
Enjoyable part- Great Co-workers who help you get through the day
Pros
Management is willing to work around your schedule, great coworkers
Cons
Short Breaks, Not much benefits
Great Learning Experience to be introduced to the Pharmacy Field
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHAugust 5, 2016
I have learned a great amount from working at CVS. They have helped me grown and learn how to become a better technician. Also, it gave me an insight on what I am getting myself into because I want to become a pharmacist as well. The best part of my job is talking to the patients and seeing that their medications are working for them. However, the hardest part of my job is when there are complications with their insurances. So sometimes, we cannot give the patient their medications.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
No breaks
strenuous atmosphere, metrics enforced ,
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 11, 2016
with the advent of the ACA, the Para dyne of medical services, has been permanently changed. Large $$$ community pharmacy, has fallen upon the use of metrics, as the evaluation tool, of choice. by cutting store hours, restricting and rescheduling staffing hours, the workload has gotten to be considerable, when trying to rendering the usual and considerable care, for patients. It can be quite ...challenging.
Pros
many locations, acquisition of other chains, lots of hours
Cons
corporate sturcture, evaluation by subordinates, fiscal metrics
Productive and fun workplace... No ping pong tables though.
Head Pharm Tech (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 29, 2016
Great co-workers; enjoyed filling my hours. Fantastic boss. Ruined my tan though; I'm an outdoors soul. Typical day runs 10 - 12 hours; database easy to navigate though dealing with the clientele could sometimes bring on a slight case of WTF? . Learned lots about drugs. Hardest part - dealing the the company itself, the politics and red tape.
Pros
Great co-workers; enjoyed filling my hours. Fantastic boss.
Cons
The invisible CEOs lounging on Mt. Olympus don't have a clue.
An interesting place for first job experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJuly 30, 2016
A typical day at work would start with straighten the store until the customers came in. It didn't really get too busy until around noon. This job helped me realize, even more so, how diverse people are which in turn helped me realize how important it is to have patience. I loved my co-workers, we always got along and became fast friends. I believe that the hardest part of this job was the lotto machine. The part of the job i most enjoyed was meeting new people, getting to know the regulars and making new friends in my time spent with the company.
fun work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 31, 2016
A topical day at CVS is very fast past. Filling, reviewing and verifying prescriptions while trying to meet a daily deadline .Working for CVS taught me the importants of prioritizing your work day. When first starting my new position it was a struggle but with the help of my wonderful manager and co-workers I became once of the strongest worker on our team and received many awards. The hardest part of my job was learning how to work with insurance. The most enjoyable part of my job was catching on to working with the insurance.
Pros
manager paid for lunch once a week
Cons
Alot of mean customers due to illness
An environment to love and care for your community
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCAugust 2, 2016
I began my career here at CVS in Washington NC, as a pharmacy technician to help me remember the prescription medications for our local community. The hardest part of the job was seeing our older generation not be able to afford their medications because insurance would not cover it or a sick baby and the parents had no insurance. I learned a lot of PATIENCE and being able to communicate effectively as well as being humble enough to take one for the team. When something went wrong or a customer was upset, i apologized and assisted them in the best way possible.
Pros
flexible scheduling at times
Cons
no support when family/friends passed away
Helps with work experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hazlet, NJAugust 4, 2016
-Great way to get experience in the working field
-Was always very shy about interacting with people, but doing customer service for a long time really helps.
-Worked between 2 different stores and got along well with co-workers at both spots.
Pros
Flexible Hours, great co-workers, work experience helps for future jobs.
Cons
Just a typical retail job so the basic cons come with it, Can get hard dealing with certain customers, can be a lot of labor for minimum wage, can feel like you're underutilized.
serious and oriented
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 4, 2016
Hard working, honest reliable and respect to each individual, very oriented managing my work very carefully so finished everything on time, helpful and like to teach other and manage other in right way, like to have study day work goes in peace and the most enjoyable part of the work that is you like what you are doing is very important for me otherwise will be very difficult. the hardest part of the job could be human or the work someone perform so I like to have always the right judgment and in fair.
Okay job, horrible pay
Shift Supervisor RX (Current Employee) –  MarylandAugust 9, 2016
For the amount of work, learning, and training that pharmacy technicians have to do, especially at CVS where the technician to pharmacist rating is very low, $9-$10 an hour is almost unacceptable. However, the opportunity for upper mobility within the company is there if you choose to become a shift supervisor or assistant manager. Overall, not a terrible place to work at, but you'll probably get paid more as a tech at a hospital.
Pros
decent benefits, opportunity for advancement
Cons
long hours, low pay
Great work experience, low compensation.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 10, 2016
This company is a great place to gain work experience as a new technician, for you will learn a great deal in little to no time. However, there is no room for growth once you master your skills here, and the compensation is terrible!!! Be prepared to work hard, and make much less than the average technician. As far as your 15min breaks go, if you don't demand them, you can forget about it. Always wear your track shoes and be prepared to work hard.
Pros
will gain a lot of experience, knowledge of pharmacy practices
Cons
No 15 min break, low compensation