CVS Health
7,785 reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

I don't care to write a review
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2015
This is a very difficult company to work for. Over worked an often not paid for time spent while working at the store because the pharmacy isn't open.
Coworkers are nice
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Current Employee), Buena Park, CAJune 2, 2015
The main pharmacist is nice. Although, its a big pharmacy there is not enough workers, things are not always organized, and it can become very hectic. Customers are always grumpy because there medications are not ready. There are a ton of insurance issues and doctors offices don't always call back in time.
Pharmacy
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN, CphT (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2015
this job is a learning experience everyday. i truly enjoy working with my co-workers and helping our customers on a daily basis.
Productive and Determined work place
Pharmacy Tech/Trainee (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 2, 2015
Pros: Good Discount
Cons: Short breaks
CVS/Pharmacy is an overall good field of work. The coworkers are nice and for the most part very helpful and willing to train you.
Great place to work.
Print Production Cleck II (Former Employee), Wilkins Township, PAJune 2, 2015
Pros: We always felt like family.
Cons: Standing on my feet too much.
I enjoyed my work at CVS Health. The people were very friendly and helpful. It was very close to home which made it a plus and advancement was there for everyone.
fun enjoyable work place
Cashier/ Greeter/ Photo (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2015
i loved my job. I worked with customers at all times and i loved providing services. I loved selling monthly items. I am a people person and i loved working with the managers there they where great
Great boss, great employees. emloyees felt like family
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: gained a lot of experience and worked with a great team
Cons: started off at low pay but quickly worked my way up to a higher pay.
I typed and filled medications mostly and checked out patients in the pharmacy and drive thru when needed. I more first hand about the different drug uses and names from my pharmacist and other techs. I read and typed in SIG codes to input the prescriptions.
I enjoyed my job over all
Processor Specialize I (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 2, 2015
Pros: Pretty fair with everyone at the job site
Cons: Job could have had more commutions
I enjoyed going to work at the early morning hours I felt at my best at the hours that I worked 6.00 am to 2.30 pm. I learned a wealth of knowledge and enjoyed learning. I felt the management was fair with their staff. My co-workers worked well together. The hardest part of the job was working with hot issues with member claims in the issues boxes. The most enjoyable part of the job was competing all my issues on a timely manner.
Ups and Downs
Hiring Agent (Former Employee), scottsdale azJune 2, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: long hours and short time frames to get things done
good company to advance in. Has a lot of good points and bad points but if you just get your work done want to work over time the company lets you if the work is required for over time.
You gain lots of experience by working in different departments and doing different things
Overnight Supervisor/Clerk (Former Employee), Pukalani, HIJune 2, 2015
Pros: benefits are good and co-workers are awesome to work with
Cons: always short of workers
Working for longs, I have learned and experienced a lot and gained lots of respect and friendship. I liked working the overnights because you really don't have to deal with all the craziness that happens during the day. Although, the hardest part about this job, was the fact you lack lots of sleep and the "many" duties that was required of you and the overnights. Most of the time, they give you MORE than you can handle, NOT knowing that most of the jobs that we do is very time consuming. It was hard, because CVS is always short of workers (overnight clerks especially), so with short staff, comes with MORE jobs for us overnights to do because the clerks during the day can't finish their jobs because they get called on register a lot. And not all the time, overnights is full staffed either, sometimes their will be 2 of us and during our "busiest" week, the most workers we have during the night is maybe 4 if we are lucky.

This job is bittersweet, some days are bad, some days are good. Management needs to get on it and hire more workers though! and the food's supervisor that I worked with needs to change her attitude and learn how to be a team leader and actually WORK on her department rather than telling everyone else to do it for her and picking on everyone.

But the best part about my job, was my co-workers I worked with at night. Our store closes at 10:00pm so it's really just me and the night crew. We always worked as a team and we always joke around and make each other laugh during our busy nights with stocking and cleaning.
Productive workplace that focused on customer service as well
Merchandising stock/Photo Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 2, 2015
being a stock clerk i am on the floor a lot doing the typical actives in a retail business. i also pull in the truck with a manager of mine. when not on the floor i take part in the BOH accuracy scan, i spend some time on the register as well including the photo department
horrible to work here
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Pearland, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: everything else
the worst job I ever had if it weren't for the compensation or benifts I would not be working for cvs. The company says theres room for growth but there isn't! Always cutting peoples hours and always finding new projects or work to overload the 2 employees that work every shift! 2 employees tell me how are you supposed to get anything done!
Cashier
Cashier/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJune 1, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: At the time, it was part0time
First Pharmacy job, love everything about it. I first started out as a cashier in the front end of the store, was move to the back Pharmacy, learn a lot of information, that I still use today as an instructor.
Terrible management and metrics
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee), Paradise Valley, AZJune 1, 2015
Pros: Job security, fun field of work
Cons: Horrible management, hours cut, lied to constantly, always being put down, never encouraged.
The metrics required are completely achievable, and unreasonable. You are graded based on everything you don't have any control over. Customers are given surveys in their emails, and they are supposed to rate several aspects of their experience on a scale of 1-5. If they give 4 or below for ANY topic, it's equivalent to receiving a score of zero. 5 is the only score accepted. When a customer isn't aware of this, and they give a 4 in order to be reasonable, the entire staff team gets yelled at for months on end from upper management who creates false speculations saying things such as,

"Do you ask yourself how you can improve these scores?"
"Do you think you are the reason the scores aren't improving?"
etc.

Not to mention the fact that I got hired in as a full time employee, receiving 40 hours a week for a month. Then when they decided they didn't want to pay me for 40 hours anymore, they started giving me 20 hours a week, and claiming that I was "Hired as a part time employee, not full time". Which doesn't make sense, because why would someone who is REQUIRING full time employment accept a part time job?

Overall the job itself is very interesting and I absolutely loved it. Management on the other hand is the absolute worst of any corporate company I have ever seen, and they have a horrible reputation for it too.
It's a job
Eligibility Consultant (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILJune 1, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Management, no work/life balance
As with most places management plays favorites. Also, management unwilling to work towards the future office work i.e. working remotely.
Great place to work at.
Cashier (Current Employee), Marysville, CAJune 1, 2015
Not a bad place to work at its very chill. Customers can be quite rude sometimes but besides that cash register is great and staff is very friendly.
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Elsa, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: short breaks
On a typical day at work your time fly's by. due to you helping customers, receiving venders, working the photo lab, running the cash register, and cling or stoking the merchandise in the store. I learned how to use a RF gun. my co-workers were the best we all worked as a team. the hardest part of the job my schedule due I had to request days off or shift changes with co-workers due to school. the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers every customer is different.
Productive and informative working environment
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Lexington,SCJune 1, 2015
You work as a team to get everything done. Although there are several individuals that are very different, we are one, and we work as one. Management at CVS is excellent. My co-workers are the most amazing people I ever came across.
Good starting Job, but current company direction is worrisome
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), North Bellmore, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: Solid job security
Cons: Corporate micromanagement is destroying the company from within, I doubt it will last 3 more years if significant changes arent made soon
CVS was a great company to work at for a long time, we were given hours and staff to complete all of our tasks with ample time. Unfortunately this has changed within the last year and all 18 stores in my district have seen a 20-30% decrease in available hours with the same level of work expected. Things are getting overlooked more and more as we are all unable to maintain previous work loads with current hour limitations. Keep in mind to that if you are able to be promoted like me to a shift supervisor position you will have to accept making 38% less than the national average for that position.
Decent place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2015
Pros: building relationships
Cons: Breaks too short
Very big on customer service and privacy information.
A lot to learn regarding the operational aspect of running the business. Can be interesting when you have the right staff size and realistic payroll budget to properly staff the store depending on the location so as to get a lot of the operational tasks done to truly focus on customer service.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health. We’re – Read more

CVS Health Salaries