CVS Health

8.5K reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

Terrible company
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: wages, being robbed, work environment
Worst place I've ever worked with terrible wages. Pharmacist get paid an insane amount of money while techs do a majority of the work and get paid 8/hr. While working for CVS, my store was robbed 3 times and come to find out 90% of the CVS's in Indy have been robbed. They do nothing to prevent this from happening or protect their employees. This company only cares about the money and not their employees or patient care.
fun workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), wilmington caAugust 26, 2015
great coworks best part about working in CVS pharmacy is we help each other problems.Management is very helpful and full of knowledge
hard work, low pay
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Long Island, NYAugust 26, 2015
you work hard, and you get paid a little. they are mostly accommodating with you scheduling needs but hours vary. good for younger people with school needs.
Large Retail Chain with great benefits
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Clearwater, FlAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great Location, Excellent benefits, good people
Cons: short breaks, hectic pace
I felt like CVS was a great place to work. I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the patient population that I served. Upper management was very personable and helpful. The store I worked was extremely busy and at times became difficult to manage. Overall I enjoyed my experience there. I only left for advancement with Walgreens.
Average work, below average pay
Cashier (Current Employee), Georgetown, MAAugust 26, 2015
The company expects too much from the employees and doesn't compensate with pay. They care more about their customers than their employees.
It was always fun with a lot of work
Prescription Benefits Manager (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: distance to work
As a csr or Prescription benefits manager at CVS I had to be very self motivated and detailed oriented. Its a must to keep up on all plans and changes but if I got stuck there was always the senior team to assist. During our peak season there was always food, games and things to make those long days stress free.
Lighthearted, friendly work atmosphere
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great health insurance
Cons: Little opportunity for breaks
Safe and supportive work environment. Opportunities to advance and build customer relationships. Great place to learn about the basics of retail work and other tasks.
A typical day is just making sure everything goes well.
Shift supervisor (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Good hours.
Cons: Getting the hours for work they move you to other stores.
I enjoy working for CVS it gives me a chance to meet new people. I learn to handle different situations that come to hand when it comes to work and customers i away find away to make the situation better for my coworkers and for the customers.
The most enjoyable part of working in a store like CVS is meeting people i have to say.
Productive environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Modesto, CAAugust 26, 2015
This was my first job. I learned customer experience and teamwork here. The managers were helpful. It was a temporary job.
Busy retail pharmacy with drive thrus
Pharmacist in Charge (Former Employee), Peoria, ILAugust 25, 2015
Pros: staffing
Cons: chain
Overall a good company to work for. Always emerging and trying new ideas. Al technicians at my location were APTA certified.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Clerical/Cashier (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCAugust 25, 2015
I LOVED WORKING HERE WHEN I DID BECAUSE I LOVE TO HELP PEOPLE. I LOVED TO MEET NEW FACES AS WELL AS SEE DAILY FACES. MY BOSS WAS A GREAT PERSON TO WORK FOR. WE WAS A TEAM. I ENJOYED IT AND I HATE THAT I LEFT BUT AT THE TIME I COULD NOT WORK TWO JOBS.
NOT A HAPPY WORK ENVIRONMENT EVER SINCE CVS BOUGHT CAREMARK
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2015
Pros: NOT SURE WHAT IS OFFERED AS NEW HIRES? CAREMARK HAD GREAT BENEFITS.
Cons: EVERYTHING
EMPLOYEES ARE UNHAPPY WITH THE UNFAIR DEMANDS THEY ASK OF LONG TIME EMPLOYEES. THEY ASK FOR YOU TO DO MANY TASK COMPARED TO ONE FOR NEW HIRES, BUT YET HELD TO SAME STATS. THE COMPANY IS MORE CONCERNED WITH PROFIT AND SPEED. WE USE TO CARE ABOUT PATIENT AND QUALITY.
bad managemnet
o Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee), ft myers flAugust 25, 2015
not a good place to work. Very demanding and want to steamroll on employees. No culture of serving employee yet. I highly recommend to find a good store before you work there
most enjoyable part
Customer service (Former Employee), springfieldAugust 25, 2015
i loved interacting with the regular customers and helping them with any problems they were having, and i also loved the problem solving
Good experience working with CVS
Performance Test Consultant (Former Employee), woonsocketAugust 25, 2015
CVS HealthCare is the forerunner when it comes to health care domain. I count my experience working here as good. Thanks to its managers and colleagues for a healthy work environment.
Very productive
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Experience and benefits
Cons: Short to no breaks
It is a very big company that focuses on a lot of numbers and metrics. These metrics also go hand in hand with patient care. I gained great experience in managing multiple situations and personalities..
Ok but not that much room for advancement
Benefits Verification Specialist (Current Employee), ILAugust 24, 2015
-Supervisor worked there 10 years before she became a supervisor
-They only care about their numbers
-Schedule can be flexible (7:30am-7:30pm), good luck with getting a permanent schedule change
-401K (matches you dollar by dollar after a year of service)
Productive, Long Hours
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Pawtucket, RIAugust 24, 2015
Ok place to work. Management is great and friendly staff also.Customers are rude all day and every day. Non stop all day long along with long hours.
a typical day
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), River Ridge, LAAugust 24, 2015
working at cvs is very cool. the employees are nice. the pay is great. the environment is ok. its located in a nice neighborhood.
Customer service oriented
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Exton, PAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Not much red tape, colleagues learning from each other
Cons: Incomplete resources and hours to fulfill duties given, One manager and one cashier per shift, Not much respect while sick to request off due to lack of hours/employees
Demanding without giving complete resources for results
Greatly enjoy customer service and connecting with everyday customers of CVS Health
Not much red tape when it comes to creating a solution for customer service.
Greatly enjoyed store level coworkers and ability to converse about how to make customer service, coworker training, and environment more successful.
Headquarters