CVS Health Employee Reviews

Fast paced and hard working
Store Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 17, 2017
In a typical day at work you need to start with a plan. Theres a lot to do, and time management is a must. Scan outs in the store, restock, review reports, merchandise, all while providing excellent customer service and assisting your cashier. It's almost always just one manager with one cashier. Multi-tasking in essential. Cvs offers good benefits, which does encourage other staff members to stay. The hardest part of the job is how corporate handles payroll for stores. Constantly cutting hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people on their path to better health. Customers come to my pharmacy because they need to for their health. Helping people find what they need and offering our support for anything we can is the B=best art of my job.
Pros
helping others
Cons
constant cutting hours
Productive, fun place to work with staff, felt appreciated. Great place to learn
Pharmacy Clerk/Technician (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAOctober 16, 2017
Great customer service, wonderful benefits, paid time off and paid sick days. Wonderful staff. Great management team. Opportunity for advancement, great pay.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough hours
Lots of work
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2017
long hours. have to stay over often unpaid. management gives you very little to work with and expects a lot in return. Good for money, horrible for work life balance.
Pros
money
Cons
small budget
Fast Paced job if you want to keep on top of store and sales growth
Management Team/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLOctober 16, 2017
I would like to advance further in my career and feel that CVS is not offering these advancements at my skill and pace. CVS staff is very friendly and easy to work with. It has given me flexibility with my son and being a mother. I have appreciated the time I have been here but I am looking to further my career.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
advancement
Fastpace enviroment with good ppl
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 16, 2017
Was to help patients with the prescriptions needs from inputting to filling, ordering supplies etc, Mgmt was always accessible and helpful, the pharmacy team always rallied together during hard moments to get the work at hand done.
Pros
Enviroment was great, ce dinners
Cons
corp ran like a drive thru, healthcare isnt mcdonalds.
daily duty
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 16, 2017
overworked, understaffed, underappreciated
too large a company to know true issues in store

best part of work is the customer relationships if can make time to get to know them
Pros
store discounts
Cons
no lunch coverage
job culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 16, 2017
The best part of this job is assisting people with an area of their lives that they know very little about, and an area that is in constant change.

The worst part of this job is constantly feeling like you could lose your job on any given day. Thus, making it impossible to have a personal life, due to zero job security. At CVS Health you are constantly set up to lose, in the event that over head needs to be reduced.

In addition, the very nature of a call center job and its management lends itself to "Management By Crisis" thus leaving us employees never knowing what is coming at us next.. Every time you "think" you have devised a way to excel at your job -- management will inevitably toss you to a different area of work. Never permitted to become good at what you do, due to constant change.
Pros
Decent pay & benefits
Cons
Management says one thing but expects another
Long Hours, Bad Pay, No work Life Balance
Sr. Benefit System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIOctober 16, 2017
typical days range from 8 to 14 hours
I learned about Pharmacy Benefits
Management is awful
workplace culture is not valued
hardest part about this job is everything
there is no enjoyable part of this job
fun and challenging
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 16, 2017
I floated so workplace culture was slightly different, but overall good. Management was great. The hardest part of the job was indeed the travel. My fellow co-workers and the customers were the most enjoyable part of my job.
working conditions
Customer Service/Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN 55344October 16, 2017
you are monitored and timed on your performance. You have 60 minutes for a basic case, 1/2 hr if it is medicare or medicaid. A very repetitive position, need to have patience always new, sometimes information is hard to find/research. insurance background a must for this position. Ability to navigate /multitask on dual monitors.
Pros
very nice co-workers
Cons
1/2 hr lunch- have to punch out for lunch and for breaks
High paced, and stressful
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTOctober 16, 2017
long hours, stressful and not very good insurance/
the upper management is very, very concerned about metrics! It is rare to find someone who cares about actual people.
I love working with my co-workers
Cashier/Photo tech/ Head cashier/ Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2017
Cvs is a okay company but only thing is they dont look out for there employees like they use too. I hate the fact that they only give you a 25 cent raise every year.
College Job
Sales Associate/Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellerose, NYOctober 15, 2017
CVS was my college job, which helped paid the bills. The hours were very convenient with my classes. The workplace culture was very easy to adapt to and was staff were great.
n/a
Client Advisor, Health Plans (Former Employee) –  Work from homeOctober 15, 2017
I do not wish to answer this question or give much thought to it - I did not like the work like balance too many hours were expected of me - many nights and weekends
High paced, team effort
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTOctober 15, 2017
Its a high paced work place, very customer oriented and working as a team is nonnegotiable. Pay is not fair or reasonable for the work you put in. Hours are never guaranteed, and On The Job training takes up to two months to complete before working in your home-store.
Pros
floating from store to store for more hours
Cons
bad pay, few hours, potentially bad leadership
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 15, 2017
Customer focused and results driven. Employees were great and loyal. Everyone worked as a team and turn over is low. My experience with management was very positive.
great learning place for a tech
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAOctober 15, 2017
Becoming close with the patients was the pros, and have a coworker great friends. Finding solution to problems and helping the patients was the highlight of the job.
Pros
celebrations, company recognition, benefits, flexibility of schedules
Cons
stressful, unreachable number goals
This is a very stressful job
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, SCOctober 15, 2017
I enjoyed being a pharmacy tech however, the pay is low and the training needs to be longer and longer. I would have like to have higher pay and more training.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay is low
Very rigid corporate environment
Sr Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIOctober 15, 2017
Working for finance means: no work life balance, no flexibility for working from home. A company that is not investing in training and people development. Poor diversity for managers/ leadership, 80% are men with no people skills.
okay
Pharmacy Manager, August (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYOctober 15, 2017
Hard days, high volume, and high stress. Well payed for the job i was doing. My manager was incredible and always looked out for me but alot of people in the company do not care.
Pros
Well pay
Cons
Over stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.