CVS Health
7,733 reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

Friendly smiles
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Columbia City, INMay 27, 2015
Friendly staff to work with. Always have a smile and willing to answer any question that is asked. If we don't know the answer we would research and call you back
CVS Pharmacy is a dynamic ever growing company to work for. Working in the pharmacy is demanding and requires focus, patience and a calm disposition.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), 121 West Kinzie St, Chicago, IL 60610May 27, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: Coverage
A typical day in the pharmacy is busy and involves multi-tasking as you balance entering prescriptions, speaking to patients; insurance companies; doctor's offices, etc.The work requires being meticulous and detail oriented. There are frequent fundamental and elementary consultations that are provided. The difficult part of this job is there is more work to be completed than there is time in the day. However, co-workers are supportive and will come to your aid. You are constantly growing and learning which entails learning about a new drug and its benefits and side effects and certainly interfacing with many characteristics and needs in our patients/customers. I enjoy serving our patients/customers. People genuinely need help and appreciate someone who cares of which is far more than just doing your job of which is the absolute bare minimum.
Enjoy Quality Med D, just wish they cared for their employees better!
Sr. Coordinator, Quality Med D (Current Employee), Solon, OHMay 27, 2015
Love the research and work we did to benefit the clients membership, learned a lot about the Medicare program. However the corporate CVS office is slowly moving all job processes to contracted companies therefore closing various local Med D departments.
structured health care company
Pharmacist in Charge (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJMay 27, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
very strong management that kept the employees up to date on the latest regulations and health industry standards. Great oppurtunities within while growing in role
Not Satisfied
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), San Juan, PRMay 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits for full time
Cons: difficulty in advancement. difficult to get full time
Great company, unfortunately there is a lack of management knowledge in the Puerto Rico branches. No type of guide or help for advancement, learning and training has to be done on personal time. Low hour budgets even for brand new stores.
amazing
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDMay 27, 2015
the staff was amazingly nice made me feel like one of them. always helping me with what I needed. working in the lab was the hardest thing because drawing blood made me nervous but my supervisor took that fear away, and im so thankful for that now ive added an extra skill to my life.
Good company with great benefits.
Cdr Client Operations, Aetna Client Benefits (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 27, 2015
They are good to their employees and had a good facility. The dress code was casual and there was a relaxed atmosphere. However, nobody slacked off. I wish I was still with them but my position was eliminated.
Busy
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 27, 2015
busy call center but very functional and good pay call center help employees were rude but thats pretty much it.Management was okay.
Horrible company to work for!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Fall River, MAMay 27, 2015
Company on cares about their sales. They want to be number one, but they don't know how to keep their employees happy. I worked 12 hour shifts, with one lunch break. No 15 minute break, nada. I would work till I couldn't handle it anymore!
Great Company! Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant, Real Estate Department (Former Employee), Woonsocket, RIMay 27, 2015
Pros: Great salary and benefits.
Cons: None
Worked for 27 years at CVS. In my career I was employed in several different departments. This gave me an opportunity to learn how each department's roll ties together.
I worked with great Managers, Directors and Vice President's.
All my coworkers were very pleasant to work with.
Going from one department to another could be a challenge sometimes...learning a new job.
Looking forward to going to work everyday!!!
CVS offered flexibility
Pharmacy Trainer (Former Employee), Port Huron, MIMay 27, 2015
I enjoyed working with CVS. A typical day as a trainer would consist of training and following up with new employees. Both classroom and on the job training.
The hardest part of my job was getting full cooperation with some managers to achieve the necessary requirements within the time permitted.
The most enjoyable is success.
great place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 27, 2015
easy 10 hr shift , work 4 days and great benefit. i love the enviroment and location is great

Worst Work Experience I've Had
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Current Employee), Princeton, WVMay 27, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: No communication, hectic, poor management
It was a month before I even started "training". Training consisted of classes that were 4-8 hours long where I would fill out workbooks at a store that was not my home store. The rest of my training was completed through modules online or at another store where i felt I was just a warm body to hold a place. After a month I still had not actually completed my training.
I am nationally certified and no one in my home store pharmacy knew.
There was no communication between the front store and the pharmacy; on multiple occasions I was scheduled to work both stations at the same time and I was the one who got reprimanded (The schedules were posted in different places and I was unaware)
On one day I was called and told I was scheduled to work, when the previous day I had not been marked to work for that day but was threatened with a write up.
I had not received login credentials to clock in or sign onto the register.
It's extremely hectic, things were always broken, the online coupon to card transfer often failed and frustrated customers, prescriptions were lost.
When things went wrong everyone complained but nothing would be done.
I would not recommend this company to anyone, but especially not anyone looking for a first time job or anyone fresh out of school. There is no job/home balance at all and no one hesitates to ask you to work open to close. Front store employees are constantly stressed because they cannot get their tasks done in the time they are given.
You will be hired to work as a Tech, but will instead be worked front of the store.
fun
Stocker/Picker (Former Employee), Lumberton, NJMay 26, 2015
keep up with the files that the doctors need as the paitents come into for a doc appointment and scaneing files for them as needed
Great environment to work in. Front store and Pharmacy works well together.
Store manager (Former Employee), Huntington West Virginia MarketMay 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling, customers, and other employee's
Cons: Micro management, low pay, movement within the company
The day's were filled with excitement all the time. Always something different to work on. Challenges arose that were stimulating to conquer. Flexible scheduling was definitely a plus. Working with all the different diverse customers was another enjoyable aspect to the job. Helping others feel better was the ultimate rush. In as many years working there, all of my co-workers were very professional and fun to be around. We worked hard and were very productive. Good place to work, just didn't pay very well in comparison and was slow moving when it came to available promotions
Welcoming environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great Staff
Cons: Short Meal Periods
A typical work day is in a nutshell, pretty eventful. You have a number of different customers with different ethnic backgrounds which gives you a number of different work experiences.
Working as a CVS Health employee, I've learned patience, professionalism and great customer service.
My Co-Workers are very welcoming, and very knowledgeable of the job. The hardest part of the job would probably be remembering all of the different ways to be sure the patient's medication is covered through insurance.
the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that because of you and your team, patients can remain happy and healthy.
CVS is a Productive and Healthy place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 26, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Emptying trash during rush hour
A day at work consist of arriving to work on time. Sometime of the day I am at the register, greeting customers and making sure that they found everything they where looking for. Sometimes I am on the floor, greeting customers and assisting them on what they are looking for. Other times of the day I am making sure we have a safe and clean workplace. I also make sure that the shelves are stocked and the coolers are refilled. I've learn how to greet people and I've learned more about CVS as a company. My co-workers enjoyed my time there and loved working with me. I can say I have met and worked with new people i can call my friends.
Organized and conducive work environment
Pharmaceutical Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 26, 2015
Many opportunities of upward mobility and friendly working hours. Gained many skills which are re applicable both in formal training and on the job.
Knowledgable and challenging job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAMay 26, 2015
Pros: A lot to learn
Cons: Angry customers
Inputted and filled prescriptions. Answered any phone calls. Worked the register and drive thru. Assisted customers with any help. My co-workers were helpful with any questions I had. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers and insurance issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about all of the different medications.
its a great place to work if you work with a friendly staff
CASHIER (Former Employee), Fort Mohave, AZMay 26, 2015
A typical work day I really don't know if there is such a thing working there there is always something different that needs to be constant. The only constant is taking care of every customer. The management team that I had was great.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health. We’re – Read more

CVS Health Salaries