CVS Health
7,241 reviews

CVS Health Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Fun environment
Cons: Low pay
A typical day consisted of handling a lot of customers and filling prescriptions. I learned a lot about medications and time management. My co workers were all a lot of fun and it was enjoyable.
Working for CVS
Pharmacy Technician/Cashier (Former Employee), Prunedale, CAMarch 31, 2015
While working for CVS a typical day would play out by me; clocking in to start my work day, returning to stock any prescription that had reached its shelf life, helping customers, typing up perscriptions, completing the order, updating the inventory, answering phones, maintaining a clean work area and all the while helping any customer that needs it. I would learn I new medical terminology on the daily. The hardest part about this job I believe is being exposed to so many ill patients. But its a risk worth taking. When one works in a pharmacy I believe your coworkers become a lot like your family. It could both be enjoyable and hard but if u treat everyone with the respect that needs to be given things can run smoothly.
CVS is a good company to work for, many opportunities if you want.
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), Madison, INMarch 31, 2015
Pros: for me was flexable hrs the manager was willing to work with me!!
I enjoyed working at CVS and would return if an opening was presented to me. I had the opportunity to learn as much as I wanted with a great manager and very nice people to work with.
Highly Dislike
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), JacksonvilleMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Needs better Pharmacy Managers with better attitudes and needs to have better employee involvement. Doesn't know how to manage production well.
All about numbers
Pharmacy Manager (current) and Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: pay, co-workers and patients
Cons: no time to help patients, all about numbers, low staff, no lunch break, etc
Metrics are used and it is all about getting the highest numbers. One must fill as many scripts as possible in a timely manner to keep the numbers up. There is very limited time to converse with or help customers because there is a voicemail that must be checked before 14 minutes hit or in about 5 minutes the que will start to go red. Technicians do not get paid well and find other companies that pay better. Pharmacy manager cannot determine pay rate of technicians so we cannot try to keep the good loyal ones who have been there for years. And so we have to hire inexperienced help and are expected to train them with an already limited number of hours.
The only positive with being at CVS is that I have meet some wonderful co-workers and patients and CVS does pay pharmacists well but the stressful working environment doesn't justify it. Being a manager has opened my eyes that I can make a difference but I do not wish to do so with this company any longer.
ETL Developer (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
CVS
Cashier (Former Employee), miami flMarch 31, 2015
Cashier, Helped out in the photo department and Restocked as well. Co Workers great never had any problems. This was my 1st job
Poor place
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 31, 2015
*Poor paid
*work overtime without paid overtime
*Stressful
*Poor management
*Unfairness
*good place to learn and gain experience
*overwhelming
A good learning experiance
Clerk/Casher (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 31, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: short or no lunch breaks and the hours suck
Go to work and clean up after your employees from the night before.
Improved on my customer service skills
Good management
Some hard co workers some just there to get a paycheck
productive workplace this for me is part-time employment
cashier customer service (Current Employee), Milton, WVMarch 31, 2015
Pros: great place to get customer service experience very customer oriented
Cons: Pay is not the greatest the hours are o.k
The overall job atmosphere is really o.k. the management is really great to work with and will work with you to achieve your goals. Hours are flexible
Increasing work load contributed to tension at work.
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 30, 2015
Having worked for this company for over 25 years I have seen it grow to a billion dollar business. It has been a leader in the industry. With the movement towards the best pharmacy business. CVS has forgotten the people who have worked so many years to make them great. The mind set is to move forward with all new employees. Faithful experienced employees are being replaced by younger new hires.
Best one there
Cashier (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: nice employees
Cons: bad area
I was cashier and i stocked shelves. The people were nice, but the store wasn't in a good area. I only stayed there for about 4 months because it was an in between job as i was waiting to hear back for the job that i wanted.
cvs health
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Reston, VAMarch 30, 2015
This is a company and a job thats a good introduction to the pharmacy feild. Also a good first step on the road to better jobs and opertunities
Busy and understaffed
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCMarch 30, 2015
CVS has a great team of individuals working together. Management within the pharmacy could be better. Pay is horrible.
Some are not very knowledgeable when comes to on hand duties. Enjoyed the cutomers and co workers!
Great place to shop
Photo Technician (Former Employee), Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FLMarch 30, 2015
Pros: You can shop, pick up medications, see a Pharmacist and make photos all in the same day.
Cons: It might be busy.
CVS/Pharmacy is an exceptional place to work. They will give you an opportunity to become whatever you would like to within its company. I absolutely loved working there and shopping there as well.
Enjoyable Workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Westland, MIMarch 30, 2015
I loved working for CVS, always busy and I enjoyed that. I didn't care for management they could be rude and not understanding. They always turned a 3 person task into a 1 person task.
productive and well organized work environment
CVS/Caremark-Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Greenwood inMarch 30, 2015
I really enjoy working here and learning new things, Being able to help someone in a time of need is a great feeling. A normal day at CVs is very busy. The management is very good at stepping up when needed. One of the hardest parts about the job is trying to learn everything and I really enjoy working with the co workers there they are very friendly and positive
terrible job
cashiet/clerk (Former Employee), ramonaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: everything
I worked the Ramona store as cashier, and it was the worst job I've had. The store is grossly understaffed. Not enough people to help customers and the store is filthy. I was embarrassed to work there. I even wrote a letter to corporate. They said they would check into the sanitation of the store. Lol that's just a part of the problem!
Horrible place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Bristol, TNMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Poor management.
Never enough hours to have enough people to work. Wanted excellance customer service but would only allow one manager and one cashier working a shift. The pharmacist would pick and choose what medication they wanted to keep stocked so that caused a lot of problems with customers.
Stressful but rewarding work place
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Sometimes the pharmacist buys lunch for the entire shift
Cons: Don't always get a break
A typical day at work usually begins with a crazy amount of escripts all seemingly submitted at once. Lunch is an extremely needed break. The day goes by quite fast and by the end of it you realize that you have helped at least one patient.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health. We’re – Read more

CVS Health Salaries