CVS Health
7,502 reviews

CVS Health United States Employee Reviews

Swimming was fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stroudsburg, PAMay 1, 2015
Pros: swimming
Cons: boss, cockroaches
I would come in when swim lessons were about to start, get ready and get in the pool with the people I was teaching to swim.
Kids were cute and lots of fun.
CVS Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Swarthmore, PAMay 1, 2015
At CVS, I learned how to preform tasks such as production and drop off. I would also check out patients with their prescriptions and other items they might have picked up. Overall, it is a nice working experience.
Not a bad first job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Roselle, NJMay 1, 2015
Pros: working for one store you'll be able to float and or transfer other stores to pickup hours
Cons: healthcare is very costly with very few options available
Cvs is a great place to shop, however in terms of work place enviroment it isn't the greatest. the pay is one of the lowest that I've come across working in the parmacutical field. Customer service is number one than are the employees and their needs.
N/A
Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 1, 2015
Stand in front store
Ring up customer purchases
unload shipment truck
Learned shipment days and hours
Hardest part of job is unloading shipment truck every shift
Not really enjoyable as Im constantly unloading truck with only one other coworker.
horrible company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), naples, flMay 1, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
this was the first job I ever had. the only reason I stayed was because I loved my immediate supervisor and most of my coworkers. employees are way over worked and underpaid. overtime is encouraged during season but when off season comes youre lucky to get your full time hours (which youre supposed to be entitled to). no pharmacist has ever told me I couldn't take a lunch but there have been a ton of times where I was atleast given dirty looks for taking a lunch.
It is a drain to be at work eveyday
Shift Supervisor B (Current Employee), River Forest, ILMay 1, 2015
Everyday when I go into work, there is enough of a workload for 3 people put on a single person. Most of my coworkers aren't happy with their jobs and they make it known in their work. I have learned a lot more about customer relations and the ability of multitasking to accomplish as much as possible within the day. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing my regular customers daily.
For CVS Carehealth
Enrollment Coordinator I (Current Employee), Solon, OHMay 1, 2015
Pros: discounts at CVS
Cons: I have no cons
A typical day at work for me was very well worth getting up and going too. I learned a lot over my years with working for Medicare part D. I enjoyed all of my co-workers and there really was no hard part of my day. I enjoyed everything about my job.
CVS is exactly what you expect from a large corporation.
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 1, 2015
The Company only offers average to low end compensation packages. For a health care organization they should be absolutely embarrassed by the high deductible health plans they offer. I have never worked for a company that cares less about it's employees.
Didn't like the job
Front Store Clerk (Former Employee), Worthington, OHMay 1, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Low pay, bad management, long hours
I found CVS to be a bad place to work. Everyone is rude and they expect you to do so much than what they are paying you. I will never work there again.
Very fast paced and very enjoyable
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Eastman, GAMay 1, 2015
A typical day at CVS was providing the best customer service possible to customers. I also filled new prescriptions and refills. I ordered drugs from our wholesaler, kept up with inventory, and assisted customers in the drive thru.
busy, fun fast pace to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNMay 1, 2015
Great co workers, fun fast pace. I love all of my customers and who I work with. Fair working conditions and hours. Looking forward to finding a home store near Palm Coast Florida.
Forklift Driver
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 30, 2015
I drove different pieces of equipment. I really enjoyed working there but I moved to be closer to my sons. Everyone there for the most part was very friendly even the bosses.
work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lake Elsinore, CAApril 30, 2015
Good, learned a lot, nothing about the job was hard, great customer
American greeting was a real leaning job and had great fun
FUN WORK PLACE!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), RANCHO CORDOVA, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: POSITIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT!
Cons: SHORT BREAKS
I WORKED AT A CONTACT CALL CENTER FOR ADVANCE PCS/ CAREMARK. ADVANCE PCS WAS A PHARMACEUTICAL CALL CENTER. MY RESPONSIBILITIES CONSIST OF TAKING A HIGH VOLUME OF INCOMING CALLS. CUSTOMERS WOULD CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PRESCRIPTION DRUGS WETHER OR NOT THEY HAD RX REFILLS LEFT AND IF THEY QUALIFIED FOR MAIL ORDER RX REFILLS.
Great store, not the best company.
Photo Lab Supervisor (Current Employee), North Smithfield, RIApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great store manager and supervisors, great co-workers, good store environment
Cons: Hour cut backs, staff cut backs
On a typical day going into work it's actually quite frustrating to try and get my work done. The company has cut down hours and therefore we are short on help some days. I juggle between two different jobs, sometimes three, when I go in on some shifts. I try to get everything in my department done first, while juggling being the backup cashier, and then try to complete the tasks on the sales floor that management gives me. The managers I work for are the best, I must say. My boss is very laid back as long as everyone is doing what they're supposed to be doing and he's very flexible and understanding. My supervisors are the same way which creates a relaxed work environment when I'm not running around doing several things at once. My co-workers are great and there isn't a single person in the store that I dislike. I get along with everyone and have become close to many of them over the years. They are the best part of my job. The lack of hours comes from higher up and it's become more frustrating to me over the past year. It's the one downfall of working to this company.
Fun Workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Manheim, PAApril 30, 2015
As with any workplace, the quality of the job doesn't just include the work being done, but also the people you work with. My co-workers were great. I was promoted to a shift supervisor within the first year. For the most part people got along well. We had a really fun manager and I could tell CVS cared about its employees. There was an annual survey and an online rewards program as well as helpful contact information in the break room.
My Perspective_Started Training In April 2015
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee), solon,ohApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great starting wage, somewhat flexible schedule
Cons: Organization, Communication, Constant reminder of being fired, short breaks if you get one, 30 min for lunch
So I left 2 jobs to work here. A lot of my opinions is self responsibility and the what is being said and shown to me by the company,nothing is one sided.
My first frustration is the training.
I am a slow learner so a lot of it I guess is my fault
But on their side,whoever came up with the format just confused me,I would think you would start with your intro script and then jump into your modules.
They also didn't seem ready,example, once we did training on the floor,they did not know who we would be paired up with for shadowing,once on our own they didn't have enough desks,chairs,key boards for the class,not enough trainers to help during the training if you needed assistance,constant issues with computers not working or having to reboot 2 to 3 times and maybe it will work.
Next is the company policies, you can never miss work or be late,so if you have a appointment,car trouble,any situation that could prevent you from work,you better leave 2hrs before your shift starts or be ready to get fired.
Communication was poor,had to find out from employees that the extra dollar for working a pm shift we not be received until after training,maybe,no one had correct information on pay,also some class mates were shorted hours or didn't get paid at all.
I'm currently still in training and I have to keep trying because I have no other income and I need this job but I wish I had done more research by reading reviews and keeping at least one of my jobs till training was over.
Now I'm paying the price,very stressed and depressed while searching for a new job.
As I said before nothing – more... is one sided so if you decide to work here and get hired make sure to get every name and contact so you can refer back to that person, keep a log of questions till you get answers and follow up, pay close attention and ask questions over and over if need be.
My experience isn't great and on some aspects my classmates agree with me,but its hard to say who actually knows what their doing,passing tests doesn't always mean they get it,time will tell who stays more then a month as their turnover is very high and as they say people don't get fired, people fire themselves. – less
Always busy, and great customers.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Kosciusko, MSApril 29, 2015
Pros: Nice boss
Cons: Short breaks, cutting hours, angry customers
My day usually consists of ringing up customers, stocking shelves, and cleaning up the aisles. It's an okay job, but it's just not for me. I would rather be in the pharmacy part, because it's more action going on, and a lot more to learn. But this job has helped me tremendously financially. They recently started cutting hours though, so I really need something more. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers. They can be really rude.
Wasnt a happy employee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), burlingame caApril 29, 2015
i loved CVS at first caus i was interacting with people but as years gone by it was beginning to be uncomfortable to work at CVS. I didnt like how i was treated and didnt like that i had to work being really sick ...seemed like they didnt care
It's a very nice place to work.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great pay! Free lunches sometimes, Insurance is "ok"
Cons: Securiy needs help badly.
Sitting, staying logged into phone and computer. Learned to flip pages faster and where to look in work instruction to find information. Colleagues are awesome! Hardest part-reaching senior team. Best part-speaking with the patients.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health. We’re – Read more

CVS Health Salaries