CVS Health
7,519 reviews

CVS Health United States Employee Reviews

productive and busy work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Mount Prospect, ILMay 5, 2015
Fast paced mail order pharmacy. Good management and team. Job is very repetitive and requires you to be on your feet during the whole shift.
fast paced work environment
Lead Pharmacy Technician/ Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 4, 2015
Learned to multitask quickly and effectively. Worked closely with my coworkers as a team. Management was nice and friendly.
Productive, Retail Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Tewksbury, MAMay 4, 2015
CVS Pharmacy is a productive workplace that provides everything an everyday customer could need. Co-workers are kind and easy to work with, Management is friendly and understanding, great people to work for.
not a learning environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 4, 2015
could not get much out of working in a busy fast paced job.
tried to learn the ropes but everyone is always too busy to teach techs anything
Alright place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: pay, hours
Pretty good place to work. You get to meet all types of people from different walks of life. Sometimes you work long hours with minimal breaks. The pay raise isn't that much.
Not worth the stress
Store Manager (Former Employee), TexasMay 4, 2015
Pros: stopped selling cigarettes
Cons: Payroll restrictions, low cashier pay, high stress
Never enough payroll to complete everything in a week. You are in a constant game of catch-up. Upper management still expects everything to get done so it rolls down the salaried manager. Typical work weeks are 60+ hours. Your staff is your bread and butter but the company doesn't make it easy for you to keep them around for long. Saves payroll by skipping the assistant manager position and promoting shift supervisors to store manager.
Constant learning environment
Roll Out Center Support Representative (Former Employee), Lincoln, RIMay 4, 2015
Pros: Training, support, encouragement and relaxed environment.
Cons: Only work with temporary employees and do not hire permanently on a regular basis. :(
CVS Health was one of the BEST places I have ever worked and would love to go back if the opportunity presented itself. They have complete training programs and never-ending support through supervisors, Team Leaders, Project Managers and co-workers. They want their employees to succeed! Unfortunately, I had to take a short leave of absence for medical reasons and am hoping I will get called back in the future at the Roll Out Center in Lincoln, RI, as I was informed by them that I was a definite re-hire when new projects get underway!!
Fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with, Setting up seasonal, Doing different tasks eveyday, Good pay
Cons: Not enough employees usaually just a cashier and manger
Typical day at work includes anything from doing scheduling to payroll to merchandising. I learned lot about team work and getting tasks done on limited time.
Fast paced, never boring workplace with a very diverse client pool.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Fun sometimes, and I love the people I work with.
Cons: SO BUSY, very tiring, pay sucks.
It is a lot of hard work. You have to be able to catch on VERY quickly as when we are doing our jobs we do not like to stop and answer questions. You have to be able to deal with very impatient people and also people who do not understand a pharmacy. Basic math skills are required, but I carry a calculator around with me at all times.
great place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), New Smyrna Beach, FLMay 4, 2015
good work place!

flexible hours

the hardest part of the job is not always being able to help all patients

I enjoy helping people feel better
Great place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mililani Town, HIMay 4, 2015
Pros: Store discount
Cons: Pay
The store is a great place to work at. Pay is not all that great but the discount is pretty decent. You could stay there for a long time if you are a full time employee but if you need a part time job and like the extra money then this is an ok place to be.
Great management, team
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, FLMay 3, 2015
amazing manager, good team to work with. We all worked together as a team and made the shift go smoother. The hardest part about this job was the late hours. Everything else about the job I enjoyed.
Nice company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Florence, SCMay 3, 2015
Typically my job is to key in the prescriptions and fill them for the patient before the promised time. During this job i have learned a lot about health care profession.
Okay place to work
Customer Care Rep, CVS (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2015
I have enjoyed working with cvs health, they have good pay, benefits and programs for employees. Overall it is a good company to work for but at times management is petty and unorganized
Horrible company
Pharmacy Technician, CPhT (Former Employee), Prosper, TXMay 3, 2015
Pros: Other companies respect you could work for CVS
Cons: Low pay, no respect this is company wide
The worst company to work for, always understaffed. No breaks and taking a 30 minute lunch was a battle! PIC played favorites regularly. Low pay and lots of stress. PIC yelled every day. Don't waste your time, go to Walgreens! Very little respect for employees and customers. After 6 months I had not one review and still had not been given benefits that were promised at 3 months as a full time employee. Very unprofessional. This goes all the way to the top. Everything is on a timer so it is rare that you are allowed to give the proper customer service.
great caring for the patient health
Team Leader (Former Employee), Broomall paMay 3, 2015
Pros: caring company for both employees and patient
Cons: lack of help which might cause presu)re on the pharmacist and allow errors in dispensing
I enjoy working for this company my last position was nijjght pharmacist ....CVS care about patient health
No more comments
Very Demanding Workplace
Lead Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 2, 2015
A typical day at work consists of non stop multitasking and customer service. The "team" environment is very helpful in making everyone's job as manageable as possible. The Pharmacy Manager and Staff Pharmacist are very hands on and approachable which allows for open communication and smooth workflow. The most challenging part of the job is explaining to irate customers the parameters of their prescription coverage. Often times, these customers don't care what the explanation is unless it's what they want to hear. The most enjoyable part of the job is resolving problems for patients, especially the very challenging issues. The patients' gratitude makes the effort worth while.
Swimming was fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stroudsburg, PAMay 1, 2015
Pros: swimming
Cons: boss, cockroaches
I would come in when swim lessons were about to start, get ready and get in the pool with the people I was teaching to swim.
Kids were cute and lots of fun.
CVS Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Swarthmore, PAMay 1, 2015
At CVS, I learned how to preform tasks such as production and drop off. I would also check out patients with their prescriptions and other items they might have picked up. Overall, it is a nice working experience.
Not a bad first job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Roselle, NJMay 1, 2015
Pros: working for one store you'll be able to float and or transfer other stores to pickup hours
Cons: healthcare is very costly with very few options available
Cvs is a great place to shop, however in terms of work place enviroment it isn't the greatest. the pay is one of the lowest that I've come across working in the parmacutical field. Customer service is number one than are the employees and their needs.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health. We’re – Read more

CVS Health Salaries