CVS Health
8,047 reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

nice people to work with
Ast Photo Manager (Former Employee), Boyertown, PAJuly 4, 2015
Pros: good group of people to work with
Cons: horrible hours and no health care for part timers
was an ok job, the hours where very uncertain. one week 10 hours, the next 40 hours. never once had a weekend off the entire time i worked there.
hated it but you will live
Pharmacy Technician/Clerk (Former Employee), Homestead, FLJuly 4, 2015
bosses come and go to easly some great some not so great cowokers are alright but they do make you work hard and when u work hard its not good enof
Uptight
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), PAJuly 3, 2015
You work hard to get paid little.And, the manager takes all the credit for your hard work when you are only a shift supervisor and doing their work. I use to do all of my managers paper work for inventory and LP visits when all they did was not show up for work when they were suppose to.
Front store cashier and customer service associate
Front Store Cashier and Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Pomona, NJJuly 3, 2015
Cons: Not high enough pay, Standing and bending for 6 hours
I do sale signs, stocking, help in the photo lab, do passport photos, organize the shelves, work the register, and help customers find what they are searching for. I enjoy working here, but I do not enjoy being on my feet all day and the low pay. I've learned how to multitask and do it effectively.
fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), binghamton, nyJuly 3, 2015
enjoyed the employees and the customers you get to see everyday. have to love customer service to work here, very strictly oriented around it in every store
My job experience overall with my employers is pleasant.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Windsor, CTJuly 3, 2015
I had great team members. Great coaching from my higher mangers, supervisor. Every one at the job very supportive, always worked in team. was fun !
your always busy and your time goes fast fun nice workers
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Union, NJJuly 3, 2015
Pros: ensurence eye health dental
Cons: pay rate could be better
i like cvs its very busy yet not overwhelming the workers are nice and customer are for the most part friendly. I have a lot to be responsible for but its nothing I cant handle and its pretty much common sense.
One of the worst jobs ever.
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: The nice customers
Cons: Everything else. Literally, everything else.
I've never worked for such a hypocritical company. "Health is Everything"?! Yeah right. NUMBERS are everything, MONEY is everything. And patient care is only a priority if you get to it. Technicians are stretched out super thin, while hours continue to be cut. Upper management expects to do more with less. It's the corporate machine at the worst I've ever seen it! I was even assaulted by a customer, and my manager said and I quote "What do you expect me to do about it? They're a customer". Unacceptable. Technician to pharmacist ratios are not followed at all, sometimes even reaching 6,7 to one (If you're lucky, most busy stores are expected to run with just 3 techs on peak. are you kidding me?!) But that is easily overlooked because guess who is the president of the state board of pharmacy? A CVS pharmacist!

My health itself has been compromised because of my employment here. My doctor has linked my chronic sickness, and now high blood pressure, directly to the stress i experience here. I was expected to come into work sick, with a doctors note, and then chastised for not moving fast enough.

I can promise, when i leave this company, they will never see another dime of my money again.

Oh, and want to know how we got "record profit" after stopping cigarettes?

You guessed it, Cut the hours, pay the employees less, and never be satisfied with what they do.
Productive and challenging workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJuly 2, 2015
High-paced workplace with supportive store manager. Inspiring staff, ability to grow and develop. Ability to override and train new employees/problems.
Productive and good customer service interaction
Crew Member (Current Employee), Belleville, NjJuly 2, 2015
Pros: great discount, flexible hours
Cons: Unstable hours, no recognition for good work
An average day at CVS really depends on the location of the store, I have worked at several other stores and they are different. Whether it's the customers or employees of that particular store.
I'd do it all again
Store Manager (Former Employee), Shallotte, NCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Advancement Opportunities
Cons: Stress Level
I started at CVS as a part time photo lab employee and 5 years later I was managing my own store. Advancement was really big at the time and everybody helped out at all times from store to store. I learned a lot about management and developing a great team of employees. The hardest part of my job at CVS was leaving it. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the customers. There were some people who would come in every day to pick up a little or nothing at all. I think they just loved the atmosphere.
put in hard work with little feedback or appreciation
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Audubon, PAJuly 2, 2015
not at good company yo work for. Low pay, terrible health benefits. Took 6 months for merit raise to go through and then it was not what my pharmacy manager requested. Lack of communication between management and me. Not a team environment. Typical day - do 14 day return to stock, Print labels, pull stock, scan and fill prescriptions for pharmacist review. Check out at register and drive-thru. Update insurance information when required. Help with processing electronic prescriptions and paper prescriptions at drop off. Contact patients if out of stock or if need insurance information,
If you are not looking for fun, but a hardworking atmosphere, this is the place to be!
Head Cashier/Sales Floor Clerk/Photo (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Room for Advancement, Flexible Hours
Cons: Short Breaks, Healthcare, Overwhelming One Man Show!
For all the work due have to endear, you are not compensated for it! If you would like to be compensated for the same job that basic workers do, Please go into management!
good management but not enough benefits and not enough hours
Cashier (Current Employee), FLJuly 2, 2015
The most important and enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and helping them with items they need. This job taught me a lot but the best thing I learned is how to stay calm under pressure.
productive fast past environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), signal mountain tennesseeJuly 2, 2015
very hard working team striving for excellent customer service.
somewhat underpaid for the hard the dedication the team endures.
One day as a Pharmacy Technician
Supervisor (Current Employee), Vega Alta, PRJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours
Cons: Poor training events.
I'm go to work at CVS Pharmacy every Monday at evening(5-10 pm). We have 4 stations and my co-workers and me are assigned in one station for 1-2 hours. Usually I'm assigned to Production, Drive or Pick up area. Daily we can processed around 200-300 prescriptions and that included interpretation, processing and health insurance management. The most enjoyable part of my job is Customer Service, is very important to me be part of the Health attachment of everyone of my patients. The hardest part of my job is not have any solutions for one of my patients that need a prescription. I learned a lot in my work but I want to have the opportunity to learn more.
Great place to Start, just not a great place to stay.
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Managers are usually good
Cons: Pretty much everything.
I work as a Cashier/Clerk for the main Stores. The job itself is simple; cash out customers, stock, and keep things tidy. All while giving great customer service.

But, the way the company handles its stores and hours is a joke. The District Supervisors are ALWAYS on the managers behinds about getting things stocked in a single day without knowing how the stores are run.

The job is VERY stressful in many situations. Like I said before, you are always in a hurry to get stuff on the shelves, but, during this you have to stop what you are doing every 5 minutes to help a customer. Why? Because 90% of the time you and a manager are THE ONLY PEOPLE WORKING IN THE FRONT STORE.

That is why I hate the ethics in the company. They have NO IDEA how things work in the stores anymore. Heck, some District Supervisors never worked in the store and got their positions by having a degree!

Fact is, if you need a part time gig, its fine. But, try not to get full time here as the WILL take advantage of you!
Extremely Valuable Team Players
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2015
I worked overnight so it wasn't bad on a typical night.We had to pack out the merchandise and overstock.Customers we're coming in as well, so we had to attend to them as well.I learned how to do some of every position while working at CVS.The management team was amazing.My co-workers were very dependable and just amazing all around as a team.There was no hard part of my job at all.I enjoyed every part of my job especially meeting new people.
All the big wigs get the higher promotions while you work in the trenches
Cashier/Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: No overtime for the shift that I got.
Cons: No advancements if you think about advancing.
Pretty much what you expect out of a faceless corporation. You start and they tell you that you're on a probation period where for about a month or so anything that happens to you won't get you in too much trouble because you are in training, but that quickly flies out the window when you think of considering bettering yourself and try and get ahead. They'll quickly pin something on you that you had no experience to handle in the first place so it can prevent you from getting a bonus or even getting out of your current position. They hire incompetent people to lead you and your team when they really don't know what they're doing in the first place. Management is a joke.
decent job
Supervised as Head Cashier (Former Employee), Haymarket, VAJuly 1, 2015
standard cashier job. go in every day do the same thing. there are oppurtunites to grow through testing but you can not increase in position unless someone moves up or is demoted. a lot of work and long hours but good experience overall

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health. We’re – Read more

CVS Health Salaries