CVS Health
6,220 reviews

CVS Health Employer Reviews

Friendly and Supportive
System Analysis Project (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYOctober 28, 2014
As a student in iSchool in Syracuse University, my teammates and I are conducting a system analysis project on CVS. Our goal is to analyze their existing inventory system and propose recommendations for improvement.

As the only pharmacy store on campus, they are very supportive and friendly to our project and provide us some documents and allow us – more... to shadow their work.

It's great working with them! – less
Very fun work place. While still maintaining a level of professionalism they had avery laid back atmosphere.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 28, 2014
A typical day here for me was just assisting the pharmacist and the customers. I was the closing tech so my duties ranged from working in drop off, pick-up, and the drive-thru window. I was responsible for filling prescriptions stocking, and running the cash register. This was my first technician job after finishing school so I learned a lot. I learned – more... what to do at drop off, what to look for on certain types of rescriptions, and just how to be a pharmacy technician. The hardest part of this job was just the learning process. The most enjoyable part were my co-workers. They were very helpful. – less
Decent
Associate (Former Employee), WoonsocketOctober 28, 2014
Pros
• Overall good national recognized company.
• Competitive pay and benefits.
• Providence area fine for smaller city, if you like that.
• Cost of living.

Cons (mostly lifestyle)
• Corporate is in Woonsocket, RI. Nothing is around there.
• Find myself going to Boston for non-work events and functions.
Easy going environment
Coordinator Level III (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good work life balance, friendly environment
Cons: training and management were not on the same page
A typical day at work consists of making corrections to existing customers Medicare plans and calling them to make sure that the changes were necessary and accurate.
Productive and busy workplace.
Customer Service, Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: awesome work environment.
Cons: short breaks.
I learned how to maintain customer service, plus every day was a challenge and struggle but good environmental place to achieve common goals.
Productive and fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Blaine, MNOctober 28, 2014
Pros: customer based corporation. get to interact with alot of amazing people.
CVS Pharmacy in my opinion is a fantastic place to work. The managers, employees, and the customers I get to meet on a daily basis are wonderful. there is always something to do so I constantly feel like I am able to do something to contribute to the well being of my store.
Long hours, poor culture, overall needs serious help.
Stocker (Current Employee), Conroe, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: some weekends off.
Cons: short breaks, extremely long hours
A typical work days starts out being a 8-10 hour day but ends up being 12-14 hours. Very poor management however co-workers are awesome. The hardest part of the job is the outrageous hours. the most enjoyable part is the people you get to be around.
good company to work for
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 28, 2014
Pros: loyal patients
Cons: long hours
long hours start at 8 am till 10 pm (14 hours) you never get a chance for a break but you need to keep going to make sure patients are being taking care of. Furthermore physicians and nurses that we interact throughout the day need to be taken care of promptly and professionally.
I have learned to be patient and know that patients come first
We need – more... to have team work in the pharmacy to have an excellent store for patient to bring their prescriptions to.
Management plays a big role in guiding the pharmacy team memebers and selecting right individuals and compensating them well to creat positive enviroment for work
My co-workers are motivated, loyal abd hard working individuals
The hardest part of the job is the long hours (14)
The most enjoyable part of my job is I get to do what I love and that is practicing pharmacy – less
productive fast pace work place with no advancement
Pharmacist Staff (Current Employee), fresno,caOctober 28, 2014
Pros: salaries very competitive
Cons: no advancment up
good starting level work place, but not for long term work life style.
Productive Work Place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Porterville, CAOctober 27, 2014
enjoyed unloading the inventory and placing them on shelves, enjoyed working there as a customer service, being able to help customer find what they were looking for, enjoyed doing inventory, facing inventory, closing the store.
It was fun working with coworkers.
Pharmacy Services Representative (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: they're helpful when others are curious about something.
Cons: the company has a high turnover rate.
It was a great experience and I thank the company for having me. I hope to work with the company again one day. I would like to thank the company. Usually the typical work day is taking calls and placing medication orders inside a cubical office. I've learned to always be persistent in order to stay ahead. The management and coworkers I had great chemistry – more... with. The hardest part of the job was knowing what to say when a patient asks you questions that you don't know the answer to. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around the people there. – less
Used to be a very good company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 27, 2014
Pros: customers, colleagues
Cons: work-life balance, new-hire training, employee engagement
Retail management, in general, is stressful and often thankless. However, CVS, in recent years, has cut payroll and resources so drastically, making effective management even more difficult. The best part about working for CVS were the customers and colleagues at store level. The worst part about working at CVS-inadequate upper management (at least – more... in the district I worked in), limited resources and payroll, the customer-focused façade (high volume stores in the district I was in usually only had 2 people in the front store at one time) How are you going to serve, meet, and even exceed the needs of customers with just two people for 8 hours? Not to mention the other tasks-planograms, stocking, seasonal sets, etc as well. Furthermore, they micromanage everything from seasonal sets, endcaps, etc. There really is no 'store manager' at CVS-they tell you exactly where to put what, send you what THEY think you will sell, and do not consider customer needs, demographics, location, etc.

The bottom line-CVS has created a culture where stores have limited employees, limited payroll, and poor employee and customer engagement. It is not a terrible place to work, but there are much better employers in the retail industry that value customer service, employee engagement, and provide the necessary resources for success. – less
Environment suited for learning and growth
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILOctober 27, 2014
Professional, work/life balance, training opportunities, work from home options.
Average Work place
Shift Supervisor B (Former Employee), Buena ParkOctober 27, 2014
It's just a typical retail place situation, dealing with customers, stocking, etc..
Great work environment, friendly coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee), Springfield, MAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: working overtime and getting paid time and a half on sundays.
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work helping customers with any issue that needs to be solved. Also helping customers in the photo department. I have learned a lot from working with people and having patience is key. My coworkers are very easy to communicate with and my manager always listens if there is a problem. The hardest part about the job is the occasional – more... rude customer who can be difficult to help if they are not willing to cooperate. The most enjoyable part about the job is the different people that you meet everyday and even the regular people that come back to the store all the time. – less
Good Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee), Lake Wales, FLOctober 27, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not enough hours
I help customers with their purchases. It stays pretty busy during the day. It can be kind of boring if you work the night shift. I have figured out that you don't get many hours if you are considered part-time. There is really nothing that would be considered hard about this job. I really enjoy the rhythm you get into at the register when you are busy.
8 hour day at CVS
Pharmacist Technician (Current Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great %, perks ect
Cons: very few breaks given, long hours, poor work enviroment (disrespect)
This is a busy location, which I love!! Very little down time. My time is spent retrieving patients filled prescriptions and getting payment for each one. If patient has any questions handing them off to the Pharmacist on duty.
Downside to this company, or this location, is lack of communication and organization on the management level. Many times, – more... told to do thing(s) one way then told to do the same thing(s) another way. They are big on cutting corners with training and limitations of new employees. Very little directions given, seems to be a lot of negative attitudes. Spoken to with a lot of disrespect most times.
I enjoy my actual job and job description. I don't enjoy the negative attitudes and the lack of communication.
Was hired as full time day and work till 7,8 or even 930 PM, in addition, work 6 days a week on average. – less
Fun Work Place
Customer Service (Current Employee), High Point, NCOctober 26, 2014
At our store i really enjoyed that all the employees new and old and our manager really invested in us and made us feel like a family.
ok
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Crofton, MDOctober 26, 2014
i like the people i work with and my job but not the fact that i cannot get more money for the work i do is upsetting
Fun
General Store Manager (Current Employee), Macon, GAOctober 26, 2014
Subway is an easy laid back job to satisfy customers. There was not a stressful job.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) is a pharmacy innovation company helping people on their path to better health. Through our 7,700 retail – Read more