CVS Health
8,025 reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

Prodcutive great co workers
order selector (Current Employee), Patterson caJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Good pay
Cons: Schedule is not worked with. Schedule always rotating if part time
At cvs I learned many thing on order selecting and how to improve myself as a selector. The managers are nice and holds conversations with there employees to keep a great relationship with all. Everyone is treated with care and respect. The workers are cool some like to complain but I love meeting new people. I haven't really found a hard part in job because everything is fun and easy.
Secure job, room for movement
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Berlin, CTJune 30, 2015
Lots of responsibility, fun environment with potential to move up. Great atmosphere with wonderful employees. Also a potential to create a career.
Never a dull moment in a pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Encino, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Fabulous co-workers
Cons: Understaffed
A typical day at work includes,

Inventory: counting a different set of medications each day to manage inventory, checking in the outside vendor order, generating a morning order, and an evening order. Placing new medications on the organized shelves with a shelf label. Reviewing several reports and filing them. Staying up to date with recalls.

Answering the phones, data entry of faxed, e-prescribed or telephoned in prescriptions, following up with doctors to obtain refills. Billing insurance, resolving insurance claims, communication with the patient and doctor regarding non-covered medications, patient adherence calls, filling prescriptions at a very quick but accurate rate, keeping a clean work station. Reverse prescriptions that have not been purchased by the patient in the 14 day window.

Every day is fast paced. We have to work diligently as a team in order to be efficient and accomplish all that we need to in a day. The most difficult part is when customers are mad that their prescriptions aren't covered, are expensive, or aren't ready. There are plenty of wonderful customers, but there are also many that are very rude for no reason. We must maintain a good attitude and apologize even if a customer is verbally abusive. That is definitely the hardest part of the job, it can wear on your spirits after a while.

My co-workers make my job enjoyable. We are constantly working together to get through the day and lift each other spirits if it's a tough day. I like my co-workers a lot because they are hardworking and do their best every day.
Productive and safe enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 30, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: Short breaks, Miscommunication with customers
Safe environment with lovely customers wanting patient and caring employees to help with their selection and sales. Having mathematical skills is key to work with coupons and discounts. Communication skills grew being that I had to assist customers and escort them to the certain section in the store that they insisted. Management is great and gives many tasks to stay productive and is open minded to ideas to make the store more appealing.
Fast paced
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Lumberton, NJJune 30, 2015
The hardest part of the job was that merchandise was not always where it was supposed to be. Good co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I moved around and was not standing in one spot during my shift.
pharmacy tech
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Minot, NDJune 30, 2015
Pros: Loved doing what I was doing and my co workers
Cons: short breaks, under staffed
filled prescription meds everyday and entered medication information into the computers. answered phone calls and dealt with insurance quit often.
Typical day at Cvs
Shift Manager (Former Employee), CrosbyJune 30, 2015
Our stores are open from 7AM until 10PM at night we are open Monday through Sunday 7 days a week and we are also open every single day of the year. So on a regular Monday we open up the store at 7AM my cashier will get every thing ready in the front and I will bring her the registers. I then start to do the payroll from the day before and the deposit, afterwards I then take the deposit every day. On some days we do have truck so I have to go to the back and un load the truck and that's when we all work together as a team and stock all the shelves. On other days there is always something to do with cleaning the back room, facing the store, cleaning the stores doing a planogram. At night time we count all the registers and then face and clean the store to get it ready for the next business day.
greet company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2015
its a fun place to work you meet new people everyday and management there is excellent. they have lots of room to advance within the company.
data entry of rx's into computer, submit to insurance, and count medications
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAJune 30, 2015
very fast paced environment, no downtime, breaks were hard to come by, very rarely was there time for lunch breaks. range of ages. currently no employees are there from the time I worked there.
A story
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), DallasJune 30, 2015
Pros: help old people with their meds, co-workers
Cons: low pay ceiling, no support from upper management
I worked at a perennially understaffed high volume store. One week we were about 3 days behind on prescriptions, so the DM walks in and tells us the problem was our workflow and lack of focus on metrics. It wasn't because our hours were getting cut left and right. Then the DM gives us some suggestions on how to improve and leaves.

Later on the PM asked for more hours. Instead got ripped a new one by the DM, RM and pharmacy supervisor during a conference call. PM tells me we're never asking for hours again. Needless to say I turned in my two weeks after that.
very hard work environment
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: good sallary
Cons: hard work environment
They never have enough workers at their pharmacies, the work load is horrible and very awful they are literally blood suckers.
Great company.
Customer Care Representative/Escalation Management (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great management, great training and positive working environment.
Cons: They closed
Great management, positive work environment. Learned so much and loved my job. Really enjoyed escalation management and the challenge of making a customer who was quite angry into a happy customer that would return.
overall a great place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), geneva, ilJune 29, 2015
Pros: training, fast paced
The position was very stressful due to customer demand, but the people I worked with were awesome. CVS made sure to provide adequate training as well.
easy job
Pharmacy Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCJune 29, 2015
Pros: raises every 6 months
Cons: nothing
Easiest job!!! Wonderful place to work. You have stock and bond as an employee, which they will enroll you in. Easy bonus, and raise every 6 months.
The work is okay but management could be better.
Customer service, stocking, cashier (Current Employee), Reedley, CAJune 29, 2015
When I first started I loved my job, got along well with everyone, and enjoyed helping the customers. Then hours were cut and I've been struggling since. The management isn't that great.
Job Work Life Balance and Very Productive Company
Project Management Consultant (Current Employee), woonsocket, NJJune 29, 2015
Pros: Plenty of opportunities to grow up
Cons: Employee Benefits are moderate for this size of the company
Great place to work here. Organization leadership is making all efforts in the growth of the company. Many innovative projects and a lot to learn. Though good remuneration, employee benefits are moderate for such a big company.
CVS is a productive place to work and grow
Cashier (Former Employee), Washington , DCJune 29, 2015
Pros: Positive team work
Cons: Not enough help on the sales floor
Working for CVS I have learned how to gain patience. Monday morning are sometimes crazy but I manage to keep everything running move I also make sure that the customer's are satisfied with great customer service. My co-workers and I always got along with one another. We always made sure the store was stocked and neat. The hardest part about working in CVS is when you feel like things did not get accomplish your job. The most enjoyable part about my job is when everyone is working laughing and smiling with the customer's and one another.
The job kept you very busy at all times
cashier/sales associate (Former Employee), houston, texasJune 29, 2015
Pros: You're given a reasonable amount of time to get your job done
Cons: They didnt have enough pay roll to give their employees a decnt amount of hours
A typical day at CVS is of course giving excellent customer service, making sure whatever task you are given for that day was complete, and making sure the store was faced and cleaned properly. The best thing I've learned while working at CVS is to use your time wisely and effectively. The management for the most part was fair, but a little unorganized. I got a long with my co workers and made the best out of any situation. The hardest part about my job was trying to work the register while putting out sales tags or stocking items. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the customers.
great place
Sales Associate/Photo Technician (Current Employee), Astoria, NYJune 29, 2015
Great place. A typical day the store is filled with people. Due to it being located in a populated area. Its consonantly busy. We handled the customers well.
horrible
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 29, 2015
The do not value their employees in any shape or form. Its all about maximizing profits. Understaffed, under paid, unrealistic goals, "raises are seriously disturbing and disrespectful.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health. We’re – Read more

CVS Health Salaries