CVS Health
7,401 reviews

CVS Health United States Employee Reviews

It was an externship I was placed in straight out of pharmacy school
Pharmacy Technician Student (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Getting a chance to learn hands on what I had spent time in school studying
Cons: Short term. Didn't feel as if I had enough hands on at that point.
I learned the basics of customer service and HIPAA privacy. I learned how to do out of dates and return medications that were expired right away. CVS had a counting machine, which I don't use at my current job, we use trays and count pills individually. I learned how to work a drive through service and what retail meant. That you helped the entire store. I learned how to stand on my feet in one spot all day, which is also different from my current retail pharmacy job where I am constantly moving all over and multi-tasking. I don't think this position was very hard other than it seemed to go by very slow, but I like helping my patients and was just learning the ropes.
Fast paced environment, indoor pharmacy
Receptionist (Former Employee), Redlands, CAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Great hours 6:30am-3:30pm
Cons: sometimes there are gaps between calls with not much to do. Ironically, very busy
I was responsible for taking incoming calls on multiple phone lines. This branch of CVS dealt specifically with chronic patients and their specialty was hemophilia. When calls would come in we would try to get the patient to their correct pharmacy technician, but they were often busy, being that we serviced all of the U.S. and Canada. We also took billing calls where we had to use the computer screen in front of us to look up the patient's information to see which billing representative they need to speak with.
produtive work enivorment
pharmacy technician (Former Employee), baltimore,mdApril 17, 2015
Pros: help get you resgister
Cons: lack of hours
overall my postion with cvs was an learning experience I learn how to gain patience and how to get the job done whe your store don't need you that day you can go to other cvs in your town and get your hours that way
Very fast paced work environment, always on the move in the pharmacy.
State Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Fitchburg, MAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Coworkers are nice and easy to get along with, having a laugh here and there.
Cons: No 15 minute breaks in the pharmacy, must work minimum of 6 hours to get a half hour break.
Working at CVS is a choice for those who don't mind dealing with a fast paced work environment. You must be dependable and have flexible hours, with the ability to multi-task at all times. Co-workers are very friendly and courteous and the management is nice but could be fine tuned just a bit. The hardest part of the job is trying to always keep the customer happy, and everyone knows that that's impossible so work with passion and love what you do or else you will be miserable here. I enjoy the customers who care that we aren't just robots who can be harassed and pushed around. I love to make people happy and try hard to put a smile on their faces even though a majority of people picking up medications are having the worst day of their life!
Fun workplace with wonderful people
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Lees Summit, MOApril 17, 2015
Pros: Attitudes
Cons: Shift bids.
The enjoyable part about working at cvs health was actually leaving my red wagon at the door and being able to help people get their medication they needed most of the time. Being around great attitudes make the work day go so much easier.
This not a long term job
Cashier (Former Employee), Mount Joy, PAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people everyday
Cons: pay isnt very good and neither are the benfits
This is a good job for getting your feet wet in the work force. You will be tranined to do many use for thing and dealing with the public is always a plus.
Its good place to build up your career
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Montclair, NJApril 17, 2015
Its a good place to start your career. Challenging work area with somestimes get overload but nice place to learn something new every day
CVS truly cares about your health.....
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), RaleighApril 17, 2015
Pros: It's a 24 hour store
Cons: no security
As a team member of management there are alot of task to be fulfilled each day. Everyday of the week has it's task. I enjoy greeting customers, helping them find items that they need quickly to get them in and out in a timely fashion. Some days there are customers that come in down and out and we at CVS make sure they leave with a smile.
Great place to work at!
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Sunny Isles Beach, FLApril 17, 2015
I would wake up at 8:30, start work at 9am and socialize all day with the customers. i would assist them if they could not find a product or simply make small talk just to make them feel more comfortable.
Everchanging work environment - creativity welcomed
Director (Current Employee), Lincoln, RIApril 16, 2015
Pros: Always busy
Cons: not always good work-home balance
CVS Health is a progressive and exciting work environment with many opportunities. Every day presents new challenges and opportunities. Employees are rewarded for the hard work. Great team environment.
overall its a great place to work, just not enough hours to support myself
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Clinton, ILApril 16, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: not enough work hours
i love working for CVS because the people i work with are wonderful and helpful. and the customers in our store are the best, like family.
Productive, well organized & fun work enviromient
Pharmacy Lead Technician (Former Employee), Naples, FLApril 16, 2015
CVS is a good company to work for. They provide the education to become a pharmacy tech and help you all the way through. The system is a very advanced and efficient one. Store are always neat.
Fast paced job
Supervisor (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Working all holidays
A typical day at CVS was to go in put away shipment and face the store, making sure the store looked presentable. I had to report to the manager on duty and learn my tasks for the day. I was the key holder, and I knew pretty much knew what was going on each in department. On busy days, I would help the pharmacy out. Helping the patients get their prescription on time was a must. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my coworkers and helping the customers out.
Productive and faced paced workplace
Multi-Unit Manager (Current Employee), RSM, CAApril 16, 2015
A CVS manager performs essential administrative and labor management duties in order to ensure efficient day-to-day store operations. Administrative duties a manager performs include filing paper work, budgeting payroll, ordering products and store supplies, and analyzing sales numbers. Labor management duties a CVS manager performs include interviewing potential associates, training new hire employees, creating employee schedules, monitoring team performance, and coaching team members. Managers may also perform customer service duties, such as greeting customers, providing assistance, and completing transactions. A CVS manager must also ensure employees follow all safety and loss prevention guidelines as outlined by the corporate offices.

Once Promoted to Multi Unit Store Manager, a lot changes. I Believe for the best. It gives me more responsibilities, which translates into challenges, and I personally feed off of new challenges and obstacles. It gives me the opportunity to go out into the field and help other Store Managers to get to their target and help them hire and train new employees. This part of my job I love the most, because not only am I helping the company better itself, but I am also helping the Store Manager relieve a great amount of stress of their shoulders.
As a Multi-Unit Store Manager a lot changes, real fast. Not only am I in charge of my store, I'm also in charge of a Mini District. (6-8 stores)
Which helps me Manage my time better, and still able to achieve the same if not better results at my own store.
Great place to work for the experience in this field, but that's it.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Gardena, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Obtaining the hands-on knowledge to excel as a Pharmacy Technician.
Cons: Very disorganized.
High volume, fast paced environment.
Become productive and efficient.
Management, little to no structure.
Co-workers, great.
Difficult patients.
Helping people.
Great environment to come to.
A Prescription Benefits Manager (Current Employee), Solon, OHApril 16, 2015
Pros: Lots of compensation for hard work.
Cons: Short Break
Working with refilling medications, making copay payment and premium billing payments. Explaining plan design to members. My coworkers were very supportive to me when I was new to the floor. I had a lot of support from Subject Matter Experts and Supervisors also.
A job everyone should hold at some time in their life.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Plymouth, MAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Fast-paced, Useful knowledge with real world application, Character-building
Cons: You're the middleman for improperly written prescriptions and insurance claims
A day in the life: Processing, preparation, and production of prescriptions. Overall cleanliness maintenance. Adjudication of insurance claims and resolution of denials. Filing of prescription hardcopies according to state and federal regulations (HIPAA). Ensuring drugs are in keeping with good manufacturing practice, and have not passed expiration dates before being dispensed.

I have learned how to multitask more efficiently and with greater efficacy. Additionally, I have gained better people skills and problem solving skills by dealing with insurance companies.
Just an Ok place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Stroudsburg, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Everything else
CVS is an okay company to work for if you literally have no life and would like to dedicate yours solely to them. They try to be flexible with your hours at first, and then you will start receiving phone calls everyday asking if you're available to come in on your days off, and they will make it seem like it is your obligation to. They keep it understaffed and cut hours constantly thus making it hard to complete your tasks in a timely fashion. You cannot take breaks here because there are not enough employees to keep everything functioning while you are gone. I am all for multitasking, but it is very difficult to even get one thing done when its just you and the pharmacist working. This is also a very low paying job for the amount of work that you put into it. The only plus I would say about this job is the knowledge about medications and the experience. Overall, I am very unsatisfied.
I enjoyed working for this employer.
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Brandon, MSApril 16, 2015
I learned alot working as a pharmacy technician for CVS. I received alot of hands on experience with medications, patients records, insurance, and the pharmacist taught me about the side effects of certain medications and different medications, and the use.
good
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MOApril 16, 2015
Helping customers by filling their prescriptions. Learned how to maintain inventory. Very high paced atmosphere. Had to input the nightly order to keep stock adequate. Management was helpful and attentive. Hardest part of the job was pleasing the minority customers who were difficult to satisfy. Best part of the job, conversing with my co workers and most of my customers. I also loved it when my instincts were right.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health. We’re – Read more

CVS Health Salaries