CVS Health

8.2K reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Joneboro, Ga.July 26, 2015
Pros: You have a job.
Cons: Too much to deal with and not worth the pay.
The company had gotten bad about how they treat their employees and don't pay enough for what you have to put with. They also expect you to work miracles and expect way too much of their employees.
Management at this store was horrible
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Loganville, GAJuly 26, 2015
My other co-workers were great, we all got along great. However management treated us like little kids, we couldn't talk to one another or even use the restroom at times. If you need time off good luck with that, I had a medical emergency and the manager told me I had to reschedule because they were short handed.
A place where I can easily learn and become proficient
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Macomb, MIJuly 26, 2015
Fun fast paced work environment that allows for steady growth and valuable experience. Very engaged with customers and working to find solutions to benefit them
Productive and fun to work at
CVS Overnight Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: N/A
I have learned the CVS is very innovative and helps customers on the path to better health The management team is very helpful and informative. My co-workers are very hard-working. What I enjoy the most is seeing my customer happy and knowing I was the reason for it. I don't really have any hard days except for inventory time.
....
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), greenville,scJuly 25, 2015
moving up is not possible, no benefits to part time associates and hours being cut doesn't make it easy to provide the service we want to give
Fun, Productive, Welcoming
Cashier/Photo Lab Technician/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Peoria IlJuly 25, 2015
I loved working for CVS. It was the best work experience Ive had thus far. I had advancement within the company, from cashier to photo lab technician to shift supervisor.
Working With a great group of employees
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Collinsville, VAJuly 25, 2015
I experienced a Lot at CVS while working.We had a great leader to train us. I will thank him over again for his leadership.
I had a great team to work with me on my shift . They listen and done what they were expected to do. Nothing was hard to do there because everyone worked togeather. If time frame jobs were to be done most of the time it got done by everyone working .
The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers. They were delighted at the fact we offer help and greeted them when they came in the store.
Great Place to work
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2015
Coworker are great people. Its an excellent store. Had fun. One of the best jobs i had. Management was excellent. And the location was a plus.
Impossible to have a balanced life!!!
Store Manager (Current Employee), Queens , New YorkJuly 25, 2015
Pros: I can't think of anything!
Cons: Upper management with no values, integrity and respect for the hard-working Store Manager.
My typical day at work was absolutely crazy with no help and lots of customers complaining about long lines and not enough help on the sales floor to assist customers.
I have learned that CEOs, Area Managers, District Managers absolutely don't give a F*** about the Store Manager and that all they care about is more and more money in their pockets.
The hardest part of the job is to deal with personal problems from the staff such trying to make everyone happy with their schedules and customers wanting to get everything done right there and then.
And not to mention the inability to take breaks and leave the store to go to a decent place to sit down and eat because there is not enough people to run the store at your absence!
Not a single touch of exaggeration on the above-mentioned text.
The perfect profile of people to work here will be for people with no manners and no education, immigrants from India, Bangladesh and Pakistan. It's absolutely horrible how these stores are run. Staff don't speak English , hate this country and have absolutely no manners whatsoever!
No class whatsoever!
CVS is the perfect example of Corporate Greed at its best!
Great Place To Work AT
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILJuly 25, 2015
Unless you get bored of the same people same location. There is so much to do technically, cordial people to mingle with.
Poor leadership leads to poor results
Photo Lab Supervisor (Former Employee), Plant City, FLJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Interacting with the customers
Cons: Pay rate, hours, management, scheduling
My time at CVS would've been much better had the management team actually managed the store. The manager, who no longer works at this location, was very nice and welcoming when I first started there. By the time I left, he was acting like he could care less about the store. Issues and conflicts were being ignored until they finally boiled over into a blowout. I never bothered to complain or bring forward any issue I had simply because I knew he wouldn't do anything about it. Or he'd lie about not saying something and then backtrack when confronted with the truth. The assistant manager is the primary – more... reason for my disdain. This woman was completely unprofessional towards customers and employees, making both cry. She instigated most of the problems in the store. Whenever a customer needed help, she acted as if it were a huge inconvenience to her. She would take her time to answer you when you called for her. Most times I would be in the store alone because she would be outside on a smoke break, which would last up to an hour on most nights. And she would never even tell me when she was going out. She sits outside talking to random people or texting on her phone all night. She would leave the store while I was on lunch break, without telling me and without locking it up. She would cut side deals with certain customer and let them use extremely expired coupons. She would get into screaming matches with customers. The general reaction to every negative thing was to push it under the rug. We had to steer customers from calling the corporate line for complaints by giving them the district number. this was so that the whole issue could disappear and no one would get in trouble. I walked on eggshells the whole time I was there because I was afraid of having my hours cut. – less
Horrible company
Pharmacy Technician I (Current Employee), stony point,nyJuly 24, 2015
Pros: meeting awesome technicians, and pharmacists who teach you alot
Cons: every thing, its not even worth the pay check
You learn alot at a very fast rate, and my co-workers are amazing people. However this company is terrible, they dont value us as technicians, we have to do the work of 20 people with a staff of 5. Are pharmacists are treating like animals and not given the respect and professionalism that they deserve. I had a customer call me the n word to my face, and I was not even given the choice to press charges or have CVS protect me as an employee. At this point in my career I am looking to work somewhere else where I can continue to grow as a pharmacy technician and thrive. Not to be at a place where we are worked to death, under paid, under valued, not respected and stepped on by everyone. To the people who run CVS, what would they do if all of us pharmacy technicians, walked out, or rallied together, spoke out againist company that we slave for and never came back? There is no CVS Pharmacy without your most prized asset, the pharmacy technician.
Good Culture and Training
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJuly 24, 2015
Pros: good benefits, good culture, good training
Cons: short breaks, low pay
The Company, in general, is a good company. The benefits are great but the compensation and advancement is difficult.

They ensure their pharmacy staff is trained in uniform, with a specific person and stores who train technicians. Your skills learned here can open up many doors.
Pharmacy Technition
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDJuly 24, 2015
I really enjoyed being a Pharmacy Tech; but the environment in which I work was very unpleasant. And some of the employees were inconsiderate.
Not hectic whatsoever
Customer Service (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Not a heavy workload, the management is really nice
The job is not challenging and it tends to become pretty boring as less customers come in. Most of the day is spent on stocking/restocking merchandise when you are not on the cash register. It's a very repetitive job, which can be a pro and a con depending on your preference.
Okay
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAJuly 23, 2015
Pay is not good, but the job is fun. Haven't been working at the company long enough to give an accurate review, sorry. So far, management at my store suck and the employees suck to. Barely give me hours. I work 3 days in the next two weeks.
Productive.
Shift Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee), Owego, NYJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Loved my job, great people.
Cons: No benefits was partime.
Keyholder. Opening and closing store , working with under management, stocking shelves, ordering products, banking, setting up displays.
Work Day
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, easy going
Cons: Heathcare
A typical day in the warehouse its pretty much just like any other warehouse. Fast pace easy going a lot of machine moving around and trying to drive safe and efficient to get out product to the right trail so it can be loaded on the right truck. So, it can be sent to the sent to the store and so that it will get there on time for the customers.
There is no Job security
shift supervisor in training (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2015
Pros: great people, great customer service
Cons: short breaks, no job security
Barley any hours on the schedule and no job security.. Got a letter that said my health insurance has been revoked due to my termination although I still work there... Other than that great workers and great customer service
Hard to fit in becasue of cultural differences
Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee), Bartow, FLJuly 23, 2015
Busy place to work with, team member are not really nice because of the culture differences, however, I manage to handle it. They prefer Caucasian over any race.
Headquarters