CVS Health

8.5K reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

pharmacy is ok
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 28, 2015
overall OK working environment. Sometimes it can be very busy and customers are hard to work with. Need to work well in a team, and have other who are team-workers as well. this can make the job good and horrible depending on team mates
Customer satisfaction is the goal
Pharmaceutical Technician (Current Employee), Southwick, MAAugust 28, 2015
The companies main focus is customer based. Their main priority is how we can improve to make their (the customer's) day better. Unfortunately, there are problems with the lower management that causes tension in the work place. Along with over-worked and under-paid employees. Overall; it was a decent experience because I learned a lot. however I am not fully pleased on how the company treats its staff..
Overall a decent part time position but with little oportunity for advancement or full time benefits and compensation.
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Princeton, WVAugust 28, 2015
Overall a decent part time position location but with little to no opportunity for advancement or full time benefits and compensation.
Great work environment, great challenge
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), New Bedford, MAAugust 28, 2015
I was lucky enough to work with a great boss and even greater co-workers. We all got along like family and had a great time, while being extremely productive. This position has allowed me to use my exceptional customer service skills and has taught me many things - mainly how to prioritize better and stay organized during stressful times. The most enjoyable part of this position was the challenge it presented on a daily basis; it keeps you on your toes.
CVS/Health, keeps growing and growing
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria on site
Cons: repetitive in daily task, also your patients without manners
Great company, friendly co workers though situations that were high stress. Not for those who don't like change to their daily work
N/A
Pharmaceutical Technician (Current Employee), reno,nvAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Fascinating knowledge
Cons: Low wage
N/A. Satisfying work experience. Amazing customers at the job place, but workers are not treated as well. Hardest part of our job is the time pressure that is put on the workers and Pharmacists. Co-workers are amazing, and all are hard workers, and have amazing work ethic.
easily adaptable environment
certified pharmacy technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2015
the best team I've had the pleasure to work with but not much room for advancement. overall a decent location to work at if you want to enter into the healthcare field.
CVS Health is a very interesting place to work for
cashier (Former Employee), Westminster, MDAugust 27, 2015
I have learned a lot throughout my few years with working for CVS. My co-workers have been very supportive and helpful at showing me how to properly perform all duties at my job and have allowed me to get to teach new hires how to as well. Whenever questions came about, I was never afraid to ask anything because I knew they'd be right by my side through it all. I love the management as well. They are strict if need be, but are also fun and make sure the days go by smoothly. I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for them. I appreciate all they have done for me. I really wouldn't say there is anything too hard about my job position. I think I am able to do everything I need to on a daily basis. My favorite part about working for this company would definitely be getting to communicate with all the customers and knowing I better their day by providing a quick and smooth service. They like coming in and out of the pharmacy so quickly. A lot of customers come in and greet me by name, that shows they care for me. I enjoy seeing all my regulars and when I greet them by name, they smile and appreciate my good memory. I truly can say that I love my job.
CVS was a nice Starter Job
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Spring, TXAugust 27, 2015
CVS was a job I got after college as a shift manager. The work wasn't difficult, but the amount of deadlines that were expected to be met with such a small staff was unrealistic. I enjoyed the job and the Store Manager was kind. The other workers were not as pleasant. I did not stay long and left for a job with less pay. I loved my coworkers there and it felt like a family.
Productive place to work
CASHIER (Former Employee), Clayton, NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Hour long lunch
Cons: Low pay
There was always something to do, whether it be cashiering, inventory, or stocking. But the management was horrible.Very lazy and unprofessional.
What you learned
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 27, 2015
Working at CVS over such a long period of time has made me understand who the customer truly is, what customer service is and what it means to be truly passionate about a place you work in. No matter how easy or hard a day was being a technician or even a cashier, I always remembered that I know I made a difference in someone else's day and that was a wonderful feeling.
Corporate job
Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee), Woonsocket, RIAugust 27, 2015
Pros: good bonus
Cons: strict hours
CVS is an excellent company which is doing very well in it's field. It is a mover and shake in it's industry and in the world.
good place to work
contractor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2015
coworkers were easy to get along with and work was easy. • Dual monitor configuration set up
• Input information into computer system
• Worked on average twenty faxes per hour
• Took inbound calls from patients and doctor offices
• Verified insurance plan, prescriptions, and ICD-9 codes
• Worked overtime on weekends based on business needs
• Used peoplesafe, CAS, AS400, and provider online systems
• Worked Medicaid/Medicare prior authorization for multiple states
• Made outbound calls to patients, insurance plans, and doctor offices
• Verified that information in the computer system was up-to-date and accurate
• Resolve patient prior authorization via telephone/fax in a timely and appropriate matter
Terrible company
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: wages, being robbed, work environment
Worst place I've ever worked with terrible wages. Pharmacist get paid an insane amount of money while techs do a majority of the work and get paid 8/hr. While working for CVS, my store was robbed 3 times and come to find out 90% of the CVS's in Indy have been robbed. They do nothing to prevent this from happening or protect their employees. This company only cares about the money and not their employees or patient care.
fun workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), wilmington caAugust 26, 2015
great coworks best part about working in CVS pharmacy is we help each other problems.Management is very helpful and full of knowledge
hard work, low pay
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Long Island, NYAugust 26, 2015
you work hard, and you get paid a little. they are mostly accommodating with you scheduling needs but hours vary. good for younger people with school needs.
Large Retail Chain with great benefits
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Clearwater, FlAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great Location, Excellent benefits, good people
Cons: short breaks, hectic pace
I felt like CVS was a great place to work. I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the patient population that I served. Upper management was very personable and helpful. The store I worked was extremely busy and at times became difficult to manage. Overall I enjoyed my experience there. I only left for advancement with Walgreens.
Average work, below average pay
Cashier (Current Employee), Georgetown, MAAugust 26, 2015
The company expects too much from the employees and doesn't compensate with pay. They care more about their customers than their employees.
It was always fun with a lot of work
Prescription Benefits Manager (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: distance to work
As a csr or Prescription benefits manager at CVS I had to be very self motivated and detailed oriented. Its a must to keep up on all plans and changes but if I got stuck there was always the senior team to assist. During our peak season there was always food, games and things to make those long days stress free.
Lighthearted, friendly work atmosphere
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great health insurance
Cons: Little opportunity for breaks
Safe and supportive work environment. Opportunities to advance and build customer relationships. Great place to learn about the basics of retail work and other tasks.
Headquarters