CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 15,846 reviews matching the search
Busy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 24, 2017
Any typical pharmacy. All the basics of medicine and dealing with many varieties of customers. Very busy environment but productive! Always something to do.
its okay
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
its a good first job although it can be demanding at times. I enjyed the hours. its really flexible and it can be very stressful at times though. Put your best foot forward and you will progress.
cvs
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 24, 2017
great place a typical day working here is very laid back chill and relaxed. I learned a lot of management skills, management was GREAT. the worst part was just the short breaks takes a bit to get use to. the best part for me was helping the customer's.
It's a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2017
The training was really good, I learned a lot working from them. At times the job can be unnecessarily stressful. It isn't a bad place to work, it's just not my cup of tea
Pros
Health insurance is AMAZING!!!
shift suprvisor
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 24, 2017
CVS is a very good place to work. They allow for a lot of opportunities to move up within your own store. The hours at times are not very flexible and can cause conflict.
Was always working and meeting great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 24, 2017
CVS was a great experience. I worked with the company for more than a year. Management was very difficult, they had to have things their way and no other way. A typical day was checking people out and stock shelves.
Productive and fun workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2017
Great place to get experience as a pharmacy technician. While there you receive paid training. The training consists of computer modules that show you the different pharmacy stations and how they operate.
Great job for highschool and college kids
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plaistow, NHJuly 24, 2017
This is a great job for someone still attending school and needs a flexible schedule. Corporate made it very difficult to advance in the company and did not properly compensate. Learned a ton about responsibility and dealing with the public. Co workers were great and supportive.
have a strong mind set for work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 24, 2017
Fast pace environment where employees very friendly but focus on the job.CVS a place where you enjoy meeting regular customer as much as new customers
Pros
Management rewarding employee's
Cons
not enough working hours
Stressful job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MAJuly 24, 2017
Low pay. Bad management.
Very little chance for advancement unless you plan on spending your life there.
In my time there, people came and left. The turnover rate was higher than most jobs i've held.
Relaxed Work Place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 24, 2017
The Job runs a great business. Also has great work setting. Managers helps learns about products. The best part of the
job was working with customers.
All depends on Management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALJuly 24, 2017
I worked for CVS Pharmacy for 3 1/2 years and at the beginning it was one of the best jobs I had ever had. After 2 and a half years in I got a new manager and everything changed. The new manager did not care about her employees and made sure we knew. You worked every night sometimes for just 4 hours and the manager did not care about your work availability. If you thought you were being treated poorly and tried to go over your managers head to the DM, he did not care either and would always take the manager side, no matter how many employees called to complain.
Pros
insurance, paid vacation
Cons
short breaks, worked random hours, manager did not care
Progression and Growth
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 24, 2017
This is an establish and well known company that has promotional opportunities. Depending on the area in which you would like to go into this company can be a great company to work for.
Relaxed
Sales associate/Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CA 90744July 24, 2017
the time I worked there it was alright not that many shopped there so it was slow some days and it a good thing also not that many people were cashier so the line would be long with only one person.
Pros
Not that busy
Cons
mean customers
Overall a good job.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2017
I've worked for CVS/Pharmacy for three years now. I started at the age of sixteen and worked my way up through the company. I'm a Shift Supervisor, now.

The job is great for a first job, which it was for me. The salary isn't enough to pay any bills but when you're a teenager, you don't really have any to begin with.

The store atmosphere in my particular branch was incredible for the longest time. It's true that your perception of your job depends on who you work with.

In a company which has a "one-strike-you're-out" policy, I think more could be done training wise to assist employees in knowing what to do in certain situations.

I loved my job until the favoritism got played up. I would have stayed with the company had there been equal treatment and better employees.
Pros
Easy job, good pay, lots of coworkers
Cons
VERY hard to get full time, easy to fall victim to favoritism
Flexible job if you are attending college
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lilburn, GAJuly 23, 2017
It is a good place to gain experience for newcomers. I was only there because they were flexible with my college schedule. Well, in 5 years I have had 6 different store managers, but none the less they were great to work with. They do not offer any benefits to part time employees, no pto, paid vacation, pay is not good, and do not offer any incentives to their employees that are in college such as tuition reimbursement (only for full time), and only hire externally for corporate positions, while there are many part time students that work for the company. I have been there 5 years and have not reached $10 as a cashier. High turnover rate in the company. Worry a lot more about customers than employee needs. Companies like Amazon and Walgreens, will put an end to CVS in the near future. Long term, not the best company to work for not unless you are a store manager or above.
Pros
Flexible schedule and always can get hours
Cons
Pay, No paid Vacation, No PTO, no benefits for part time employees
good customers
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hurley, MSJuly 23, 2017
I enjoyed working with my regulars. They mad the job enjoyable and pleasant. The overall atmosphere is good and it requires a diverse skill set to do the job correctly
In the Prior Authorization department it was a lot of work but fun
Prior Authorization Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 23, 2017
Did prior authorization took incoming calls from doctors nurses and pharmacy. Processed there request and approve or deny the request. People there where willing to help which included management
Pros
Great place to work there was a group f pharmacies ion which you could ask them questions
Cons
Some time they demanded overtime
Great Place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 23, 2017
Endless opportunities for advancements for the staff, customer services was great, clean and friendly people from the front of the store as soon as you enter all the way to the pharmacy and higher up.
Terrible Manager
Pharmacy Technician/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norton, OHJuly 23, 2017
Watch Office Space and that is what the store manager is like. You are expected to ring out customers and clean the whole store while making sure no one is stealing. As a pharmacy technician, you are not paid enough to deal with all of the angry customers.
Pros
Discount on full-price items
Cons
Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.