CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 14,825 reviews matching the search
no work life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 30, 2017
Upper management micro manages. as a manager, there is no quality of life. your are paid for 45 hrs/week; however, you end up doing 60+ in order to meet status quo
Find another job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 30, 2017
Over worked, underpaid, and understaff is what you will learn at CVS. And if your part time you get no benefits, no paid time off, no medical, dental, vision. you get a petty sum of 30 cents a year ( if your lucky) as a pay raise. if you want to learn what favoritism is, working at CVS the place to learn it, been there for 3 long years still get treated like a piece of trash. Rite-Aid, Walgreens, Wal-Mart all pay higher salaries then CVS. You would have a better career digging in dumpsters finding soda cans, and selling the cans to a recycling center for 5 cents each, than working here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
working here
Good working environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 30, 2017
I learned great customer service
Great management
Hardest part were order days
Most enjoyable part was working with all of my co workers
Over promised and under delivered
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 29, 2017
When I interviewed for my position I was told all these wonderful things about benefits and bonuses and potential for advancement. Upon taking the position I quickly learned that literally everything said was untrue. Pay was often late or missing, a very hostile environment. It was honestly deeply upsetting,
Enjoyed the Photo Lab
Photo Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2017
Great place to work... It's a nice place to excel and an relaxed set environment. Great career advancement opportunities and possibilities for growth within the company.
Pretty Great
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 29, 2017
You learn a lot from this job on how to take advantage of coupons. Costumers are typically friendly and are loyal to the location.

Management is dependent upon location and the people themselves. I am fortunate enough to have great management.

A lot of things, you do not learn until you encounter it with a customer. Your quality of life improves if you experiment with the cash register (such as figuring out at what point in the transaction can the cash register no longer accept a loyalty card etc.)
Pros
Pretty great starting wage ($10/hr)
Cons
customers LOVE their coupons.
Okay job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, VAMay 29, 2017
The pay was great. Typical work days were very busy but I did learn a lot of helpful things to advance my career in Pharmacy Technician!!!!! I learned a lot about the pharmacy business!!!1
it is ok to be your first job after pharmacy school
pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2017
It is a great place to start as your first job after pharmacy school. After being trained by CVS, every job after CVS will be an easy job. You learn to appreciate you job a lot more.
Pros
learning opportunities
Cons
overwork
Productive place to work.
Pharmacy Technician License # (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 29, 2017
CVS has a hands on policy; employees work and learn new things everyday. The workplace environment leads to advancement and success. The typical shift is 4 to 6 hours.
Pros
The people
Cons
The insurance issues
A lot of contradictions
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2017
great company if you want to develop your skills as a retail pharmacist. work life balance is not that great but is getting better. opportunities for growth.

Want to know more about CVS Health?

Ask a question
high expectation with little money
Sr. Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2017
Overall, I'm okay with working for this company, they allow me to work 12 hrs a day as I choose to which make me grow in the department of training an building myself . which something I pron myself on growth within the company. They see an drive advancement when is ask by the employee.
Pros
allow to work 12 hrs each day, unlimited overtime during peak season
Cons
always have to bid for an shift every 3 months
Great
Volunteer I.T Work (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 29, 2017
Recommended for anyone. Great work environment great co-workers. The manager is very understanding. He is 100% what a manager ahould and beyond. The work is light if you stay on top of things.
Busy and productive work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 29, 2017
I really enjoyed this job. It was a really fast pace job, because it was always busy. Employees had to work close to each other because it was a very small work place. Management had its ups and down, but it is a corporate company so that is expected. Sometimes it did get overwhelming and stressful but overall I did enjoy this job.
Productive and fun..
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 29, 2017
The company is great!! Stay away from penn center east building six location. Very high schoolish! The younger crowd can be a bit immature. If you are offered this location. Do not!! I mean do not take this location!!
Just another job
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32826May 29, 2017
Working here for me was just another job. The best part about the whole experience was that I was able to work with a boss who was truly enjoyable and a fun person to be around. As for the job overall I didn't see much opportunity for growth but at least I got a little management experience from it.
Cons
No true formalized training
Do yourself a favor and find another Job.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 29, 2017
Overworked and understaffed. CVS Pharmacy expects workers to do everything with limited help while expecting great customer service. I have seen petty theft on a scale of detergent to cosmetics and arm robbers. I have seen thieves take more than what I make in one scoop. New hires barely get proper training and majority of them quit within weeks of start date. Pharmacy is understaffed and the shift has to take on the complaint list pile. I can go on for Days about how terrible it is to work for CVS pharmacy.
Pros
Motivates you to want to get out and get more.
Cons
As a shift you can't take a break in piece, they offer break waivers because you won't be bale to break.
Terrible Place Always Short Staffed and Terrible Compensation
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 28, 2017
a typical day at work at cvs is terrible, it is always short staffed, the compensation is terrible for the work one is doing. Company will not stand up for you and will terminate you for the most irrelevant things. If you're nationally certified, dont work here.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
terrible compensation, strict, treats employees like trash
Alright company if you plan on moving in a few years.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 28, 2017
CVS is a typical company in that they expect you to work over your agreed upon hours, Managers are paid for 45 hours but you will work at least 50 and more likely 60 hours a week. It's not bad except when they cut your budget to the point where you are working at least two days a week by yourself for at least 4-5 hrs. The pay is fine for beginners Managers but once you're there or a few years you will discover that it just isn't worth the 1% raise they give you. They'll tell you how important a work/life balance is as long as your life is also work, forget about weekends off, they just changed the requirements for managers, you HAVE to work 2 nights a week and 4 weekend shifts a month, yes that means you have to work the whole weekend at least twice or 1 day on every weekend. And forget taking a holiday off, they moved 9 hrs in payroll into the holiday field but in reality you still will work at least 5 days that week.
Pros
good pay for beginner managers, will teach you how to be great at time management
Cons
pretty much just working here.
Great
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMay 28, 2017
Enjoying working here a lot of hard work good pay I like how they will pay for any training they want you to have I work seasonal tho a staffing company but great place to work
What I Have Learned
IT Security Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, RIMay 28, 2017
I have learned that although CVS is a great company to work for, I feel I can do more somewhere else. Whether it is with another corporation or government sector, my goal is to help make a difference

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.