CVS Health Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,513 reviews matching the search
Enjoy working with my co-workers
PART TIME PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Mount Carmel, ILApril 28, 2016
My co-workers are family and they like to help, teach and make the workplace fun on days that aren't so desirable or rough.
typical day
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 28, 2016
Every busy work places, have to learn lots of things. Have to be multitasking skills and knowledge of insurances and billing. Have to be very fast efficiency.
Good Place
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Ripley, MSApril 28, 2016
I initially enjoyed working there until management changed. I learned a lot about the pharmacy business and made a lot of friends out of my customers.
Stressful work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 27, 2016
I come into work and am immediately put into one spot instead of rotating. I have learned to multi task. Management doesn't take care of any issues they push them off. My co-workers are not willing to help cover open shifts. The hardest part is a language barrier with the Spanish.
Pros
Good vacation time CVS discount
Cons
Over worked short staff
overworked,under appreciated, short staffed,& under paid
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHApril 27, 2016
I can go work at Arby's or Home Depot standing at a register and make 10.00/hour where I have no influence over the health/patient safety of lives etc. Or you can work for this company receive no performance based raises, only set raises once a year that everyone receives. No 401K, your pension you have to work there 5 years before you can do anything with and if you quit before 5 years you lose everything in it. Always short staffed, hardly ever recognition for job well done however plenty of criticism on what's wrong or what else needs done. Lead Tech quit several months ago and I have been voluntarily doing her tasks for the last couple months with no recognition/compensation. Pharmacy Manager was supposed to discuss a raise for me with the DM over a month ago and he has been in our store weekly for the last 4 weeks and still no discussion of a raise. They know I am looking for a new job!
Pros
some discounts, but even then there's restrictions
Cons
too many to list
Good place to work at.
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 27, 2016
I liked my time at CVS, but it didn't provide me enough hours.The staff and manager was nice and easy to work with. The store was always clean when I worked there.
Good company
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJApril 27, 2016
Cvs is a great company to work for. They are very few of the companies that actually care about their employees. There is a lot of room to learn new things and move up on the list. I started as a Cashier, and moved all the way up to be Shift Supervisor.
i did not enjoy working for this company
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 27, 2016
I did not enjoy working for this company. I did not like the kind of job that I was doing. It was a lot of work for few pay and no benefits.
Cvs
CSR / Subject Matter Expert / Master Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 27, 2016
The job was actually cool. They have extended the hand out to me to come back and work but I haven't gotten back with them. But the fact that I was able to grow within the company was definitely a plus.
Worst work place to work on
Teradata DBA (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 27, 2016
Useless management
Worst work culture
Zero work balance
Heavy work load
Most of the employees working here are not satisfies with the management
Zero social communication
Working at CVS
Cashier/Front Store (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
The typical day for me at CVS consists of a lot of cleaning, talking and smiling. I learned that pursuing an education and working is super challenging. The management at CVS is better than most places i have been, but still have room to improve communication wise. All my co-workers are hard working and dedicated. I love working with them. The hardest part of my job was being on my feet the whole shift especially when I have school on the same day. The most enjoyable part is making the customers smile.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
short lunch breaks
My opinion
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 26, 2016
Every Tuesday is a good day for me. On that day we receive the weekly order from Cardinal. It is good because its a good chance to organize shelves. Also, because it is a big order, we have to do a lot of physical workout to finish it at the same day. Therefore, it is a good work out for me. We allow to wear jeans at that day too.

The hardest part of my job is when people come to pick up their prescriptions because I have to make sure we as a pharmacy team meet their expectation since it is the last contact with the patients and most remembered part of the rx filling process.
Hardest part of the job
Pharmacy Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Calera, AL 35040April 26, 2016
The hardest part of the job was trying to provide excellent customer service by having medications ready in a timely matter and claims blocked by rejection for corp. office third party dept.
Excellent Training for Pharmacy Technicians
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  North Fort Myers, FLApril 26, 2016
I did my internship here while I was attending school to be a pharmacy technician (which is why I didn't rate the salary, job security and job culture) and I felt very comfortable there.I wanted to work there after my internship but because it was my first time applying for a job so my profile ended up getting locked. All of the employees were extremely nice to me and I didn't really have any negative experiences.
I love the location that I work at but not other stores
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2016
One of the reasons why I love my job is because of my co-workers. They are all great. I've learned a lot about pharmacy and truly love the job. Dealing with patients is both the best and worst part of the job. Being a pharmacy technician is not only dealing with customer service & counting pills, but it is also an understanding of laws, regulations, and pharmaceuticals. You don't just count pills in this job, which is a wide misconception. This job is stressful. But, if you have the right team, you can make it work.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
no advancement
Productive and Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZApril 26, 2016
A typical day at work is giving the costumers the best costumer service they can receive from our part we always make sure to keep our costumers satisfied. I have learned a lot about many different ways on how to be flexible.
worst place to work in ever !!
Pharmacy manager (Former Employee) –  NJApril 26, 2016
Never got enough help, Non trained co-workers and huge corporate requirements include but not limited to, filling prescriptions that people never needed !! obligatory millions of phone calls to customers asking for refills , !! exaggerated co-pays and .....................
Good experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 26, 2016
Good management. Easy checkout system. Stocking easy and coworkers were able to work as a team to solve problems and get jobs done fast. Friendly and customer service was good.
No communication...don't waste your time.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colchester, VTApril 26, 2016
Do not work for this company. Management is only there to collect their paycheck while ordering their employees around. You are expected to know how to do everything without any training and if you make a mistake because you were not trained correctly you will be yelled at. Pay is horrible and so are the benefits. Having a day off means nothing as management will bombard you with texts about how something wasn't done correctly. You are expected to make CVS your life and if you don't you will be considered a bad employee. Word to the wise don't work for this company.
Pros
Nice coworkers.
Cons
Too many to list.
Valuable experience with customers and various healthcare aspects
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Fishkill, NYApril 25, 2016
I am able to help customers of various ages, backgrounds, and ailments on their path to better health and happiness. With my knowledge of customer service, pharmaceuticals, and insurance billing, I can bring exceptional advice and recommendations to customers and co-workers alike.
Pros
Healthcare knowledge, medicinal applications, and customer service expertise
Cons
Non- appreciative and disgruntal customers, low wages, and very little raise/ promotion opportunities