CVS Health

9.3K reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 9,278 reviews matching the search
Always productive but boring
Up/Stocker-Cashier/Photo Center (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Typically a cashier faces the store and rings up customers. Also, assisting them with questions and answering phone calls.
I learned how to handle photo center related tasks and since it was my first retail job ringing customers, store recovery and stocking. I been to a lot of cvs's where management was lousy and treated you like their lesser. My coworkers were freindly and really nice to be around.
At cvs you learn to be very kind and respectful. Not much was hard about the job except correctly performing photo tasks and taking passport photos etc. I find simple conversation while ringing up some frequent customers most enjoyable. We call them regulars in the retail business.
Pros
free flu shots
Cons
very little pay for amount expected from you
What a typical work day was like.
(Cashier) (Overnight) (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYFebruary 8, 2016
I was the head cashier. I also worked restocking the selves and cleaning. Removal of trash. Also assisted in truck unloading. I also answered the phone and assisted any customers that had any questions.
Pros
Great work enviorment
Cons
CVS Health was a good fun experience
Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAFebruary 8, 2016
I always learned something new on the job whether it was looking up products in other stores or working faster on the register. The co-workers were very friendly and easy to get along with and at times very helpful.The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers that gave you a thank after you have helped them.
stable
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAFebruary 8, 2016
very busy and generally organized. no time for breaks. management is not very helpful. It is very stressful and I find that management is not good at helping the employees decrease there stress. You are not accurately compensated for job well done
Pros
location
Cons
low pay
Fair
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2016
It would be great if you were treated as an employee instead of a dollar sign. A lot of turn over in employees and management. Chaotic workplace as it seems no one knows what is going on from day to day.
Cvs
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 8, 2016
• Outbound calls to pharmacist
• Claims with billing departments for TDAPS shots
• Over 72 outbounds calls a day to do claims for medicines and vaccines
worklife balance is needed
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 7, 2016
Fast paced environment
work-life balance is very important and needed to succeed
co-workers great
what I have learned-to manage a team
Pros
training
Was once a great company
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2016
Beware when you reach a certain age and salary despite outstanding performance you will get tossed aside. The culture of caring for the employees and engaging them is reflected in the high turnover.
stressful work with good pay but no future
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MAFebruary 7, 2016
On feet for 12 hours shift, no lunch no break no time for restroom visit. This giant company is highly demanding and inhumane, the individuals do not matter. Will pay good but no respect for seniority. Will kick you out as soon as the new grads come in willing to do anything. Always short staffed in Tech help due to poor training and low pay, so the pharmacist has to pull it off under many stressful conditions
Work day nights weekends and holidays, one can never have a normal life.
Health insurance very expensive and high deductibles too.
A typical day at work
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Soon as I get into work, clock in, auto in to the phones and start pulling orders from the queue. throughout the day you get a max of 10 calls. during peek/welcome season you ca receive up to 20 calls or more while you are also making calls and pulling orders. new employees have to max 6 orders per hour. perms have to reach 13/hr and exceeding would be 15/hr .
Pros
two 15min breaks

Want to know more about CVS Health?

Ask a question
learning experience
Full time, supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAFebruary 7, 2016
learning experience, new career path options, good starting point for new person to be introduced to medical field, full knowledge and new learning curves
highly stressful with unrealistic management
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Meridianville, ALFebruary 7, 2016
I came into CVS as a certified pharmacy technician and still was underpaid because I had no experience. As it turns out, CVS offers the lowest pay for technicians. In addition to the high level of stress in general due to inpatient customers who feel 15 minutes is an unacceptable wait time, you have pharmacists fresh out of school who can't handle the stress either. As a result, technicians are blamed for anything and everything that goes wrong.

It's also very youth oriented and workers older than 50 are discrimated against simply due to age..skills or ability do not matter. If you do not constantly apologize for anything that goes wrong...to either customers or management..you're seen as uncooperative .
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
have to beg for breaks and lunch
Fun and outgoing
Pharmacy Technician Prior Authorization (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 7, 2016
I think my co workers are fun and out going. My supervisor is very understandable. i enjoy working there. I think they are very appreciative go their employees.
Fun working as a team member
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2016
Had much fun working as a team member especially in the Pharmacy department. This company cared about my financial and physical health. The Bonus System was great for both single or married. The overall stability was great and employee got discounts although items were on sale which was great.
Pros
Good environmental work place.
Cons
Customers' complaints.
Great Work life balance
Inventory Specialist (Pharmacy) (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 6, 2016
This company has an extremely great work-life balance and you gain a lot of experience working in a fast-paced environment. Promotions (in the Pharmacy) are limited and are hard to come by. The hardest part of the job is the stress level, but with time and proper training you learn how to handle stressful situations. You get the chance to work with a wide variety of people and the chance to pick up more shifts at different stores. Overall, the job is pretty decent.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Little chance of promotion (in Pharmacy)
fortune 500 company
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  La Habra, CAFebruary 6, 2016
great driver unity, driver friendly, AT stores- management is good,we do two loads a day, maybe 2 to 4 stores average, best part is weekends off, hardest is waking up at 230 am .
Pros
job security/ hours/weekends off..
Cons
streesfull at times
Worst! Place! Ever!
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 6, 2016
I only worked at the company for about 6 weeks. I had to get out of there! Daily routine for this position would require you to show up for your shift. Put everything in your locker (pockets empty, no jackets, etc) go in and grab your tools. (box cutter, sleeve, glove) You would also have to grab a trash bin and get it to your designated location.

You HAVE to clock in on time and if you're past 1 minute late, they WILL write you up. You work all day (12 hour days minimum) in a warehouse. Imagine a navy ship or a long, long, hallway. Put your arms out in both directions and that is what room you have to work with, but imagine that going 300-400 yards. Shelving on one side and slots on the other. They'll bring you a pallet with product, you put some on your cart, scan it to your scanner, and it tells you where to put it. You then have to cut the box open PERFECTLY and mark it off from your scanner. When you are done, it will tell you how fast you did each cart. The company expects a 95% production efficiency or better within 6 weeks.

The managers there are unprofessional and WILL treat you like your just another part of a machine that can be replaced. I would ask for safety equipment and get told, "I don't have time". I would get disciplined for wearing gloves that were not provided to me, but when I asked for them, I would be told that one would be provided and never received it.

It's a job that WILL make you miserable, and hate life...I recommend this for NO ONE!
Pros
Cons
violation of breaks and lunch times, OSHA violations galore
Great place to work but no room for growth!!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAFebruary 6, 2016
This company is by far the worst company to work for. They don't care about their employees at all. There is absolutely no room for growth and the pay doesn't amount to you standing on your feet for 8 hours a day and all the other duties you have to do not to mention staying over some days. CVS is underpaying their employees. I asked my former pharmacist manager could I transfer to a store in my hometown because I drive back and forth for an hour round trip, and he specifically said "No". I even went to higher management and they did absolutely nothing about it. This is a job for college students not someone who are trying to get somewhere in life. The only good experience I had with this company were my fellow Co workers. They were a great team. I will definitely miss them but not the company, manager, or the pay!
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, bad management(pharmacist), etc.
cannot wait to get a new job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIFebruary 6, 2016
First off, if you like gossip this is the place to be. All the employees do is talk about everyone else. That's when they're not busy giving you an attitude. No one offers to cover shifts. If you do need to call out for an emergency, then you have to find your own coverage. Working 10 hours? Hope you only expect one half hour break. Standing for long periods of time, compensation is not worth the amount of work you have. Management is totally unapproachable. Not all the pharmacists, but most. Hired part time? Expect to work way over 30 hours a week but not accrue a single minute of sick time, vacation time or any other benefits. Expect favoritism. You'd like to work a morning shift once in a while but since other people conveniently complain and nag, you're stuck working all the late night shifts. You know, they're deserving to spend time with their families, but not you. Even after you've made several requests to have your hours cut or maybe stagger hours. Bottom line, I can't wait to find something new....soon.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
long hours, no appreciation and no room for advancement
• 9+years of professional experience in Data warehousing as a Data Architect,Modeler ,Analyst and Teradata Lead. • Comprehensive experience in Analysi
Data warehouse Architect/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2016
• Comprehensive experience in Analysis, design, development, implementation and support of software applications in Data Warehousing.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and experienced in working with senior level managers, business people and developers across multiple disciplines.
• Strong Experience in Business Process Management, Gathering Requirements from users to determine the Functional and Technical Design and creating design process and scheduling of tasks to the team.