CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 12,008 reviews matching the search
Good place if you are willing to work hard
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 6, 2016
If you want a job that acts like they care but really don't great place to work good money but very very poor management and not much room to advance unless you play there game and only care about yourself.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Bad health benifits
Relatively simple job with a focus on customer service and front store etiquette
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLDecember 6, 2016
Good job with a focus on customer service and front store etiquette. Positive work environment with managerial staff that focuses on the employees needs and tries to facilitate a happy and productive environment for work
employment
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 6, 2016
Thankful to have a job in this economy. Satisfaction helping people obtain better-health outcomes. Thankful that I didn't have to buy groceries with my credit card for awhile.
Pros
Had a job.
Cons
Contract position.
Company work policy needs improvement.
Commercial Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85224December 6, 2016
The company itself could use allot more improvement. It needs to listen and honor its members emotional and physical needs. While there are reasonable accommodation, the company does fall short on providing adequate care for their employees.
Pros
Great staff to work with.
Cons
Everything has some sort of competition to it.
no productive areas
PSR/BENEFITS VERIFICATION (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2016
Stressful work area co-worker are nice benefits are good needs some change it seems as is more of quantity instead of quality when it comes to the working with this company employees are promised one position of work and end up
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
great benefits
Good people to work with
Loader (Current Employee) –  Waverly, NYDecember 6, 2016
Good people to with in shipping will cross train if willing to safety is a big problem there long hours during holidays beg to get 40 hours during summer
Pros
Cross training
Cons
Pay
Good Company
Graduate Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MADecember 5, 2016
It was fun working at the Auburn location. The team members were great. This was a fairly busy store, but we as a team pulled it together to give the customers/patients exceptional experiences.
Productive fun place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 5, 2016
Management was great to work for. The co workers was great as well. A typical day of work was always wonderful. I learned great attributes from the management team
Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 5, 2016
Good place to work. Good people, Fortune 13 company.
Good co workers long days plenty of positions flexible hours multiple shifts, multiple departments and avenues to work such as pharmacy or operations
Great Job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALDecember 5, 2016
I have worked at cvs for over 2 years. It was a fantastic first job and it creates many opportunities to move up and promotion. I would recommend this job!
becomes repetitive, fun place to start
Pharmacy Technician I (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2016
Everyday you process refills and new prescriptions. Depending on location some retail pharmacies are much busier than this location, but there is a steady flow.
Pros
good experience for someone who is a people person
Cons
customers are not always polite
High Theft Store
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 5, 2016
It was a high theft store and was getting worse so I could not stay there. The staff was friendly and we all got along well. It was a clean and neat store.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
High Theft
I like it
Cashier/Overnight Stock (Current Employee) –  Woodside, NYDecember 5, 2016
its a nice job, a lot of nice customers. Helps me learn how to multitask. Learned how to handle many different personalities
The job gives mixed emotions
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 5, 2016
This job can be rewarding at times because you get to help people but if your co-workers are incompetent then it will be really stressful. The workload is fairly intense depending on the pharmacy's prescription volume. Many pharmacist tend to be arrogant and don't problem solve very well and the customers are entitled for some reason or another. Nevertheless you can learn a lot here and can use what you learned in other fields of medicine.
customer service for this pharmacy benefit manager
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 3, 2016
taking call after call after call from patients, pharmacies, and doctors offices regarding prescription plans. I learned a lot about medications and what they are prescribed for. Some team leads were easier to work for than others. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry patients
Just Okay... Perks have decreased & Profit what's most important.. even if over safety
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  New York StateDecember 3, 2016
You'd think working for a health care company, let alone one of the largest, would get you the best benefits. Nope. On my wife's insurance because ours is poor. Other benefits have deceased one the years, such as how overtime and holiday pay is applied. Profits are paramount importance, being placed over pt care and pharmacist well being. The only time pt care is placed first is if it increases profit. Management gripes about technicians hours going over an a few hours a week (on a $10/hr salary... nothing compared to the money pulled in) while the CEO's and upper management make millions in bonuses, but that's coming down from above, our immediate managers getting slack from their bosses and so forth. Generally speaking my immediate supervisors have been great people though.
Good compensation, work conditions and great coworkers.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 3, 2016
I enjoyed working for CVS for 10 years. I was encouraged to continue my education and was compensated by CVS for eligible classes at University.
Pros
Continuing education programs
Cons
Store to store travel for shift coverage
Fun place and productive place to work
Prior Authorization Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 3, 2016
I love working for this company. They are caring and concerned for their patients as well as for their employees. It is a great place to work. I am planning a move to South Dakota in March or April and that is the only reason I wujld leave the company. I have learned alot in the short time that I have been there. The hardest part of my job is having to tell someone their medication isnt approved. The most enjoyable is being able to help someone get the medication they need to sustain a happy and healthy life
Pros
Caring, considerate
Cons
A productive and caring workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Shelby, MIDecember 3, 2016
I loved working for CVS. They had great practices in place, the dedication and care given to our customers was honest and earnest, and my pharmacist and other coworkers were supportive caring and hardworking.
Very educational
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2016
Very respected company in the eyes of the employees. Very diverse and welcoming environment with no negective feedback heard during my time working. Teaches you tips and medical terminology before putting you on phones. Hiring process only took two weeks and gave feedback on what I could approve on. Gave me a timeline of hiring process.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.