CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 15,379 reviews matching the search
Ok place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Davenport, FLJune 27, 2017
Typical day would be help ringing up the customers and answer any questions they may have, make sure the store is neat and organized. The workplace can be stressful and the training is not at all helpful.
Love working here
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 27, 2017
Great place to work, very informative and happy environment. If you need help with anything, everyone will help you. And you have the option to float to other stores if you'd like.
coworkers were pleasant,as well as the manager
CVS Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYJune 27, 2017
people in general were polite and helpful. I learned a lot about
customer service skills, merchandising products, pricing products
and maintaining the cleanliness and order of the store.
It is a good company to work for.
Pros
helpful management team
Cons
shortage of cashiers
One of the worst places to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAJune 27, 2017
my hours were cut 90% after the 1st month working there, People were rude and disrespectful, I did not receive 1 raise the entire time. I was told after i was Certified i would be full time with a raise and they didn't do anything they agreed to do.
Lovely Pharmacists!!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 27, 2017
Busy pharmacy with great staff!! Customers are very kind. Very understanding to what customers need and very knowledgeable about medications and side effects.
Pros
Lovely customers
Techs can make or break you.
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJune 27, 2017
It's a tough working environment, you always feel short staffed and you always feel like you are verifying a dangerous number of prescriptions way too quickly with very little support. The benefits are poor. The company is too big and not properly managed. Techs should be paid more, there should be a better structure for advancement for techs, and there should be a better way to train the staff quickly. Hiring is also difficult - pharmacy cannot hire their own staff (must come from front store) which doesn't always attract the right people to the position. Attendance policies are so loose the techs can call out sick numerous times without penalty. No structured lunch breaks for pharmacists. Pharmacists have to work with their team to make up a schedule so it depends on how well you work with your partners if your schedule is good or not.
Pros
salary
Cons
healthcare, management
Grest
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 27, 2017
Great place to work. Love the atmosphere, friendly people. I started while I was in school and I am working part time now. Good luck to anyone wishing to work h er e
A good palce to work
Project Manager, IT Operations and Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 27, 2017
A good place to work. The opportunity to learn and train with some highly talented and motivated people proved to be very rewarding and helpful. The pace of work was challenging and rewarding
A good environment to work in caring for patients.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, MIJune 27, 2017
Overall working at CVS has been a good experience in learning about billing, prescriptions, and medications that are new to the system. Good environment.
Heck, it was a summer job
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 27, 2017
I worked at CVS for a little while, maybe 5 months. It started as a summer job, but the pay was good and the environment was fun, so I decided to stick around.
Pros
Good pay, fun customers, fun coworkers
Cons
Some nasty customers, and some not-so-fun coworkers
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 26, 2017
Gained a lot of valuable experience as a new NP. Paid well. Clinics were new to the area, so it wasn't busy. I worked with great mentors. Schedule was great for work-life balance.
Social work
Investigator I (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 26, 2017
I love working with families. I love making families happy. Need to implement more structure for family unit to succeed not fail. I want more hands on with my passion for people.
Fairly simple job, if you just do your job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 26, 2017
It was a fairly slow CVS location, so it was never overly stressful. Simple enough tasks to do, just try to stay somewhat busy, and time passes quickly enough. Fairly nice management, as long as you don't slack off it's easy to get along with them. There are a few things I wish the management had done a bit better, but overall, they worked with my schedule pretty well.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Not a big staff, so you really can't miss much if something comes up last minute
Good Place to work
STORE MANAGER IN TRAINING (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2017
I love this place! I have a really good time with the people and I think they really take the mission of helping people on their path to better health!
Good position
Seasonal Stocker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 26, 2017
Steady stocking position and great staff that are willing to take time and teach you new skills. Very professional and clean store that i worked in and enjoyed it while the positiopn lasted
Nonstop work
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 26, 2017
The computer system helps with a lot of the work now.
Colleagues relationships are good. Nonstop work during the day with little break. Can be stressful and challenging.
Pros
stable job
Cons
nonstop work
corporate work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2017
Much of the time spent working in this pharmacy was at the phones making and receiving calls. Any downtime had to be filled with some sort of work such as order entry or clerical duties. If no work was available, employees were sent on breaks or home. This is a very numbers-driven business due to accountability to insurance companies.
Pros
thorough training, good discount
Cons
make numbers or go home
Productive workplace. There's always something to do.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAJune 26, 2017
Great culture and many opportunities to grow. There were always things to be done.It can be fast paced and also slow paced all depending on what day and or time of the month it is.
it was a good place to work at
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 26, 2017
it was a great place to work for it was great customer service and the employees there were very respectful they helped me out if i needed it. i worked for a month there it was really fun to have worked there.
Decent place to work for.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin Square, NYJune 26, 2017
My one and only complaint about working for CVS, is that I wish they cared more about their employees. Not saying all stores are the same, cause that would be unfair. But the certain one I worked for, didn't care for their employees, and it was degrading.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval