CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 15,311 reviews matching the search
Can't complain
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 23, 2017
I love my job, my co workers are great it's a good company. My store was actually just recently remodeled and everything looks so new haha . I think the remodel definitely showed customers we care about them, some people really appreciate them and their service.
Fun place to work with cool folks
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJune 22, 2017
CVS was A very relaxing job with fun and easy to work with people. I wish I could've stayed but like I said, we had transportation difficulties .Over rall it was a pretty good job.
Productive and fun workplace
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2017
Cvs drives a culture in helping customers on the path to better health.

Customer service is another culture with greeting every customer along with asking if we can help them find anything.

Thank the customer at checkout and ask them to come back to see me (cashier).

You will develop relationships with most customers that will make your day
Pros
Value in Action points
Cons
no holidays off
Productive, Multi-tasking, fun enviroment
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 22, 2017
My day at CVS would be filing patient medication,insurance billing, answering inbound calls, making outbound calls to insurance company's and customer to let them know about the mediation for refills. Ordering medication and stocking the order as well as doing inventory. Making sure to try to take care of the customer the best of my ability and to make sure they got the medication they needed and on the correct fill date.
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJune 22, 2017
I worked there out of high school into college and I loved everything about the company and management. I was promoted with in four months of being hired and remained a supervisor until we parted ways. Hours were good for a student and flexible. Store manager was great with teaching the inner workings of the day to day management of the entire store. Loved this job, it was my first job!!!
Pros
Cons
Hours spent on your feet
Very opportunistic environment
Manager/Supervisor Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 22, 2017
I have learned a lot about insurance and prescription drugs in this company. I have added multiple skills on customer service from CVS. Added to my skills of financial functions. Opened and Closed a very important store to consumers on time.
Pros
Helpful team
Cons
N/a
Customer service focused
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
CVS is very focused on customer service. I learned that greeting a customer as soon as they walk into the building can have a very positive affect on the customers shopping experience and will determine if the customer will be a one time shopper or a frequent shopper. The management group was very fair and understanding. the most enjoyable part of working at CVS was talking with the customers. The hardest part was trying to promote to a upper position.
Stressful and Fast paced
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 22, 2017
I feel like more and more, big companies are treating pharmacists as licenses. Pharmacies I was at were probably some of the busier in the company, but I feel like they should be giving more help to these pharmacies.
Pros
pay
Cons
Stressful and fast paced
not the best place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 22, 2017
They overwork you. They are stingy with labor costs and expect the store to be clean and ran well with only two employees(outside of pharmacy) to run the store effectively.
Over all it was a good place to work
Customer Service/Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAJune 22, 2017
When I first starting working here it was Longs Drugs but eventually became CVS. Of course with new management comes changes, and although change can be difficult, I feel like I handled it well.

A typical day was not typical at all as I worked in many different departments.

Each department had it's own pros and cons. One pro was definitely learning new things. Skills that I never thought I would learn, such as printing photos in the Photo Dept., and learning about new products that would come in to the Cosmetics Dept.

Customers were definitely the most enjoyable part of my time here. After 17 years, there of course were regular customers that would come in often and I built a relationship with many of them.

Nice place to make new friends
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Perry, GA 31069June 22, 2017
I've only been working at CVS for almost a year now but I have had an extremely enjoyable time meeting new people daily. I really enjoy being recognized on doing a great job because not many jobs acknowledge how well an employee is doing. I would recommend this job to anyone who loves people.
A special work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 22, 2017
This company is all about making their money. I felt as many nice people worked there there were just as many that were not so nice. As long as you have a good attitude, you can excel at this job.
pay and compesation
Head Clerk/cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2017
they pay minimum wage and benefits are only for full time ,it takes long for one to be moved up to fulltime or get promoted .they will hire from outside instead of promoting within
stable work environment
Associate / Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 22, 2017
The wok=rk/life balance needs to be improved. This is a work-to =-finish enviroment. Your shift ends when all the work is completed. There is no set time that you leave at the end of the shift. You make have to work 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 + hrs a day. Each day is different.
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2017
Was fun to work as PE technician for over 8 years I learned a lot on the pharmacy campus, was a good place to learn and grow as pharmacy technician on two different departments.
Pros
Free lunches and lots of over time
Cons
short lunch time
Enjoyable working enviroment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAJune 22, 2017
Working in the pharmacy was quite a while ago. It was enjoyable working with staff and helping customers. It was a great learning experience and I have taken that knowledge to other jobs.
Pros
great hours
Waste of time
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  732 Allerton AveJune 22, 2017
I've been there for 12 years no progress or advancement. Great people I work with but I would not recommend working for this company. They will drain you and you get no praise for the amount of work you do for them.
Pros
Locations everywhere
Cons
Too demanding for little pay
healthcare
pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
CVS is a perfect place to work especially for a student in the healthcare field. All the work is time sensitive so there will be plenty opportunity to learn drugs or keep up with all the changes in the industry.
Do not work there if you have medical problems or family members with medical problems
Customer Care Representative I (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 21, 2017
It's one of the easiest jobs you could ever do. Good pay, great benefits. The kicker is if you have to ever get a reasonable accommodation or FMLA for medical problems for yourself or a family member the HR will look for any means necessary to terminate you. And if you think reaching out to the ethics committee will help, wrong. I done that. I think that's what got me fired actually. Retaliation. But this was just the Knoxville center. Other centers may be amazing. But I am not the only person this happened to at that site. I am one of five people that I know of that the same exact situation happened to. Oh, and you have to have a doctor's note to have extended potty breaks or extra potty breaks if you ever in the course of your career may need to go potty between your breaks or lunch. Because you're stuck on your phone until your break or lunch. You cannot get off your phone for anything other than breaks, lunches or fire drills.
Pros
easy job, great pay & benefits
Cons
shady Human Resources
Couldn't pay me to work there again.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CAJune 21, 2017
I worked in the pharmacy as a tech for 18 months and it was awful. Started out ok, but after the new year it got worse and worse. Someone transferred and she was never replaced. We had our hours cut due to low customer satisfaction (can't have happy customers when you don't have enough staff) so we had to do more with even less. I liked the people I worked with and they were the only thing keeping me going at the end. I got to a point where I could feel the lifeblood drain out of me by the time I got back to the pharmacy, I packed on 20 lbs because of the stress and I got sick constantly. They also took my ins because I didn't average 30 hours a week for the previous year (I'd been out for a month after knee surgery and and never got scheduled more than 18-20 hours in a week anyways. It was a nightmare and CVS doesn't care about their associates at all. They care about $$, that's it.
Pros
None really
Cons
Understaffed, overworked, scheduled too close to next week, low morale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval