CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 12,381 reviews matching the search
Interesting place to work!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 23, 2016
I began as a call center rep and was promoted to the resource planning team, then promoted to a second level resource coordinator before obtaining the supervisor position at CVS. It is a good place to work if you want the opportunity to advance within the company and free classes to advance your education and job knowledge. I learned so much at CVS and I am able to use those skills and experience in other career options.
Pros
job advancement, training, tuition reimbursement, and work/life balance
Cons
pay
Quiet, Productive, Team work Environment.
Specialty Pharmacy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Quiet work space that allows the ability to focus and get my work done with minimal interruptions.
Surrounded by great people that appreciate team work and always willing to help each other in order to meet our deadlines.
Overall great work experience and environment.

Hardest part is the long and hectic work schedule during Welcome Season, which lasts a couple of months.

The most enjoyable part of my job is our work from home days.
Pros
Work from Home Days
Cons
Welcome Season
worked as a contractor, and was treated always as a temporary worker.
Benefit Verification Specialist - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJanuary 19, 2017
Management was not willing to take the time to cross train. Training class was very general. When released to the real world, we were assigned teams with very specific drug therapies. I became very proficient while on this team and was asked to move to another team to assist, but the verification process was very different and I was expected to know things I has not experienced on the previous team and was not taught in class.
Pros
Nice amenities
Cons
Management not willing to assist temporary contractors and were not afraid to show it.
Great work area with chance of advancement in career
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day of work involves inputting prescription data, filling prescriptions, and providing customer service. You work in a room with the same people and have a very close relationship with the employees. Hardest part of the job would be when insurance companies don't cover a prescription and and that stresses the patient but you have to keep a professional attitude and provide comfort to them. Most enjoyable part of the job is creating a relationship with the patients.
Pros
Paid 15 min breaks
Cons
Sometimes angry customers
It did not care about the people at all just another big chain pharmacy concerned about making money.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 19, 2016
It was always busy and we were always under staff. I learned a lot from working there. Management sucked because the manger of the store was never there but she always had our back. I loved my co-workers but they had been there for ten to fifth teen years and I couldn't do it for that long. The hardest part of the job was getting cursed out even thought you were doing you job but the customer didn't like the rules and the way that you were doing your job. I just loved helping people.
Pros
The pharmacist would buy us lunch every day
Cons
We were over worked and under paid
during the holdidays is always good, we all do secret santa and bond with our employers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 5, 2017
I've learned a lot working at CVS that i hadn't learned before like the photo department, I learned how to be much more compassionate with people because it's a pharmacy, so its more likely to see customers who come in the store who are not feeling well, and its up to us as the employers to try and make their day a little brighter.
Pros
One of the best places to shop if your looking for great deals, have great sales most of the time.
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours for all the employers to go around
Everyday Life at CVS Health
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2017
The People I work with nice and the environment in which I work in is excellent. I get great joy with the ability to truly help people on a daily basis. The company and its care the people within is the issue.
They misrepresent themselves in training. After about 5 weeks still was not ready for the job. They have signs saying go home if your sick, but even with a doctors notice you are penalized for being sick.
They want a working robot and I only feel as a number to produce for them.
Pros
goood benefits and good people
Cons
lack of concern for the employee
not a great place to work
Pharmacy Manager/PIC (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2017
very busy rx dept with not enough help...they use a bogus schedule demand equation that doesnt work.... patient care and service is compromised ... they expect you to attend business meetings on your day off and not pay you... they have no feelings for you as an individual ... they only care about how fast you can work and how many rx's you can fill
Pros
very little
Cons
brutal expectations of outcome, metrics are very difficult to acheive, company doesnt care about the employess
Fast Pase
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 12, 2017
I would help customers, process shipping and receiving, help customers in pharmacy, do the daily price change report, set up displays and inventory control. I learned how to manage others and how to handle customer issues. My manager was wonderful. She showed me so much. My co-workers were great. They always had tasks that they would work on and they worked well as a team. The hardest part of my job was not having a consistent schedule. One day I would work the late shift and get off work around 11pm and the next day I would need to be back at work around 8am. I really enjoyed putting together displays and setting up planograms. I also enjoyed setting up new stores that had not opened yet.
Great for customer service but lacks in promotion
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 2, 2017
The days are always busy. The work is always coming. Makes the work day go by faster. However, understaffed, which allows for error and unsatisfied wait times. With the fast-paced environment, to be understaffed just makes the job less enjoyable. Schedules for 8 hours with chance of having to stay an extra hour or so with only one 30 minute break. On top of that, the break room is in the hallway of the public restroom so customers come in and start asking questions.
Not all CVS are made that way, but some are and it cuts into your little bit of down time.

Want to know more about CVS Health?

Ask a question
Demanding job, minimal reward
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 4, 2017
Very physically demanding. A lot of micromanaging. Minimal training.
Pros- you create your environment and team. Working with people and helping people.
Cons- pros are difficult to achieve with excessive micromanaging from upper management, excessive annual payroll cuts, unrealistic amount of tasks. Unrealistic expectations and targets.
Difficult to manage work/life balance.
Pros
Working with people. When you can seperate yourself from upper Management the job is great.
Cons
unrealistic goals/targets. Insentive based bonus's are mostly depending on location.
Revenue Based Culture
IT Portfolio & Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJanuary 15, 2017
The culture at CVS Health is budget based and resources are not valued until they pass the contractor role phase. Resources are looked as numbers and the company culture allows the hiring and laying off of contractors to make revenue constraints. This leads to lack of loyalty by contractors and no real ownership to getting work done.
Pros
good pay, collaborative management environment
Cons
lack of loyalty due to the amount of contractors
Fast-Paced Environment
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 18, 2016
On the job training is provided and you have to opportunity to learn a lot about the pharmacy industry. You are expected to stand on your feet for extended periods of time and be able to multitask. The hardest part of the job is having to attend to customers, drop offs, phone calls, drive thru, filling prescriptions, and organizing all at once with the limited amount of people in the pharmacy especially during busy hours. The rewarding part about the job is noticing the satisfaction of the customers and knowing they will come back again.
AWFUL management and hostile environment
Supervisor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Started off as a clerk and had absolutely no training. Management was awful and inappropriate. Was promoted to supervisor trainee position and left in that position (with all the managerial responsibility and never promoted to actual supervisor) for four months with ridiculous pay for the amount of work that had to be done daily. Eventually quit because you are required to do EVERYTHING within a short amount of time and no back up. Avoid working here.
Pros
learned how to deal with constant interruptions
Cons
management, pay, hours, staffing
If you like challenges, CVS is the place to hone your skills.
Store Team Leader (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 15, 2017
You'll never will be bored and never have something to do. You learn a lot about yourself, your skills and your work ethic. You learn to network with your fellow managers, expand your learning experiences and share them. You will learn about your co-workers and treat them as individuals with distinct personalities. The best part of my position is using the skills that I have developed to make the best presentation. And the hardest part is the staffing issues.
Pros
Able to use my experiences and skills.
Cons
Hiring process.
Reliable and punctual Sales Associate who possesses an excellent work ethic and more than two years in retail. Areas of expertise include inventory, c
Clerk/ customer service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2017
Met monthly sales goals for six months straight. Received Maintained visually appealing and effective displays for the entire store.Helped customers select products that best fit their personal needs. Kept the showroom clean and maintained neat, orderly product displays. Completed floor replenishment to guarantee size availability and promote customer satisfactionfour “exceeds expectations” ratings on performance reviews.
Benefit Analyst
Advisor, Client Benefits (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJanuary 19, 2017
The majority of my day is working out of a queue. My team reviews potential member issues and tries to figure out if this is a set up issue or if this is just a input error. My job entails a lot of research and problem solving. I also work on new business for the company. This part of my job entails client facing and populating documentation. I also have to review the ask of the new business and make sure that our system can support the intended set up.
Pros
I am always learning
Cons
I have no work/life balance
High traffic environment with demanding customers
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 2, 2017
Overall it's only enjoyable to work in the pharmacy because of my teammates. The management we work with at this location every day are wonderful and really try to make it a good place to work, bu they also understand that we aren't exactly compensated for our hard work. Daily issues range from needing to call patients and inform them we don't have their required drug in stock to insurance issues that require the tech to call the company and try to resolve the issue.
Pros
Hard-working coworkers
Cons
Difficult customers and stressful situations
Great people to work with - full time requirements not great to work with
Management Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dracut, MAJanuary 9, 2017
I have loved working at CVS pharmacy. I began working there while I was in college and it provided a sustainable income for your average college student. Now that I have graduated, I was looking to become full time so I would be able to receive vacation time and other insurance benefits. The CVS policy stated though, if you were hired as a part time employee, then in order to become full time you must work at least 30 hours per week for a FULL year before you can become eligible for full time benefits. This is the main reason I am looking to leave the company.
Very Organized, Great Colleagues
CVS Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 31, 2016
I started working for CVS in 2015. I absolutely loved it, very unique retail job. I had done photo lab and helped out pharmacy register which is different but also fun! Costumer were great and friendly especially the regulars. Its a great job to start with when you're beinging to work. Also great opportunities and benefits. It also depends which store you work for.
Pros
Great Environment, fun work day, very busy holidays
Cons
Don't get credit enough for the good work employees do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.