CVS Health Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,555 reviews matching the search
Never enough tech hours - always more work
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Old Tappan, NJMay 4, 2016
Time always flies because there is always a million things to do. Taking care of customers is important but sometimes the hours were limited - so that there weren't enough employees on staff to get the job done as expected.
Nice techicians everyone is stressed out
CVS (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 4, 2016
No a good environment for people that want to help a company. No training is given by district managers. The schedulers do not tell you anything unless you ask. Good technicians
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No lunches or breaks
interesting experience
Medicare Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 4, 2016
pretty much typical call center experience.....consider yourself lucky if you get a knowledgeable supervisor... they,re "Big" on growth in the company however when interest is shown they blow it off....

very high turnaround once the seasons drops .....so does the employees (typically after welcome season for medicare).

the employee's (peers) are awesome they really make you feel like a family (while you're there)
Pros
positive work environment amongst other employees, good vision plan
Cons
low pay, medical and dental could be better.....overworked and no potential growth...
Very fast pace
Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Westwego, LAMay 4, 2016
really nice, fin place to work. Learned how to input insurance data. fellow team members very helpful. management was not very helpful in pharmacy, relied mostly on fellow teammates to teach me new things. most njoyable part of job was the ability to assist customers
Cons
minimal hours
Management was very friendly
Pharmacy Tech/ Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMay 4, 2016
management was very friendly conveniently located near my previous address, friendly customers and my fellow co workers were great to work with
Great way to gain managerial experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2016
Learned quickly how to manage time and people through intense training program. The program was an at your pace, at the time, program and taught all the skills needed to run a store
Fun and Productive place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXMay 4, 2016
As a daycare, that was the best job I had. The staff were friendly, the kids were fun and the hours were great. The management was by far the best I've been with and it was a very educational job.
Customer Service, Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 4, 2016
A typical day is busy but it has become less focused on customer interaction and more on business and sales. I would like for things to get back to the basics of the company.
Pros
Good Advancement Opportunity
Cons
Short Breaks
good company to work for
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 3, 2016
This company taught me a lot with management by showing me how to keep a clean work environment, training others hands on, coaching and counseling when needed, and many other thing like team work and what it takes to build as a company. The most enjoyable part of my job is how I make my customers feel as if their at home when they visit.
pharm tech
Registered Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLMay 3, 2016
assist in filling scripts answering phone calls customer service at registers handling insurance issues ordering medications inventory managment
Pros
compitent co workers
Cons
no leadership or motivation of pahrm mananger
Overall a good place to work. Changing everyday. Loyal customers!
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCMay 3, 2016
Everyday brings new people as well as the "regulars". You get to know them by name and hold conversations, asking about family, health, and current events. I really enjoy helping people and this job offers a great opportunity to do so. The industry is always evolving and with it, our everyday jobs are evolving. Store management does what it can to keep th everyday running of a store as smooth as they can. The hardest part of the job is dealing with corporate. I believe the folks up there are pretty much out of touch of what is going on the stores. Just not CVS, but corporate America in general.
Pros
The people you serve. Co-workers
Cons
Micro-managing, corporate offices
Nice work place
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 3, 2016
Good place to work, great store manager.
Typical day is very busy with customers as well as tasks for the store.
I love working with my co-workers as well as working with all the customers on a daily basis.
Challenging but rewarding
Assisting customers at checkout (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 3, 2016
Hardest part is dealing with a troubling customer, but it's a very good feeling dealing with that customer, and you guys come to a mutual understanding. I've learned that I have the skills of not cracking under pressure, ability to train people, and I can make the people around me perform better. The most enjoyable thing is conversing with people with positive attitudes.
job sucks no hours and lots of work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 3, 2016
when i worked here they cut my hours because he said fulltime people need there hours part time only worked weekends,barely every had hours to give us, only called us when they need someone to come in, extra bucks was really annoying, customer where greedy to, you also get in trouble for so much overrides when its not your fault
Pros
nothing
Cons
less hours, annoying customers
Great company.
Pharmacy Tech/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 2, 2016
CVS is a good company to work for but the pay could be a little better as well as the hours. Very easy job to do, and great place to work if you're a people person.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Could give more pay and hours
Lots of Promises
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2016
They lack in people development. They want the culture retail dreams of but only the field team gets to have this. Tight payroll no training but expected to know it all.
Pros
Basic job, Always on the go
Cons
TURNOVER, TURNOVER, TURNOVER
productive and fast-paced
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2016
There always something to do in the pharmacy. I get to learn new things everyday, whether it has to do with billing process or learning about drugs. The hardest part of the job is billing medication through insurances. And the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with new patients and learning about different drugs.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
very hectic
Very Productive
Clerk/Cashier/Front Store (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2016
I really enjoy working there, but it is not in the field i am going to school for. I love Interacting with customers on a daily basis and working here has prepared me for that in the future.
Fast-paced enviroment, high expectations, little help
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SC 29418May 2, 2016
At CVS Health, you are expected to meet and exceed high targets with minimum staff who are often under-trained and underpaid. Employee turnover is typically high, especially in high-volume stores. Field management often makes promises to help support you with your day-to-day tasks, but they are so busy as well that help is often not provided. CVS is all about making targets and everything is measured. If you enjoy a fast pace and achieving goals, then you will do well here. If you prefer a slower environment and the ability to self-manage, then I would not recommend a job with CVS. There is opportunity for advancement, but it requires extra work on your own time. Expect to work longer than your scheduled shift - it is rare that you leave on time (at least if you care about the store, the customers, and the staff).
Pros
competitve pay, opportunity for advancement, multiple locations
Cons
no breaks, a multitude of tasks to complete with low budget for payroll, high stress level
Cvs
Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Kearney, MOMay 2, 2016
CVS is a good place to work. Very demanding and fast paced. The turn-over rate is very quick due to long hours constantly on your feet.