CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 13,228 reviews matching the search
Demanding job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2017
As is most retail, CVS is very demanding of their Store Managers. They provide everyone with all of the necessary tools to be successful as you utilize them properly. The skies are the limit as long as you will do things that other will not. Unfortunately there is poor work/life balance.
Pros
Collaboration and quick advancement
Cons
work/life balance
Productive and fun and environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 26, 2017
I'm a very hard work or and I can multitask very well , I did everything from truck to lifting to putting up signs to counting registers to helping customers to going to other stores to fill-in
Hard work for little pay for whats expected and done for the company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2017
NIce people to work with and the customers are great. Work hours are more than I originally signed on for but they cant keep help. Pay sucks for the work load and store expectations. Its stressful there more times than not. I love the business however and a work day usually goes quickly. No third shift hours and most holidays the pharmacy is closed.
Pros
Nice people in the store to share work hours with
Cons
Doesn't pay enough for the work expectations
Productive, always kept busy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 26, 2017
Learned all the medications in the pharmacy, what they're used for, wrote in data for patients, collected scripts, called insurance offices and doctor offices
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2017
I enjoy helping people by giving great customer service and making sure their satisfied. I have learned by giving great customer service the customer will always be happy
Good place for entry level or temporary experience.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 25, 2017
Due to the nature of retail and it's demands for speed with efficacy, Cvs fails to provide new recruits with any system of practical training once an official member of the pharmacy staff. It could be several months before a new technician will see any area of the pharmacy besides the register and are ill prepared to handle more advanced tasks for too long.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
poor training system
Proffesional and Friendly work enviornment
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 25, 2017
Working with CVS Health we strive to promote better health and greet every customer walking into the store with a welcoming smile and attitude in both the Pharmacy and the front store. Management is always there to make sure you're doing your job right whether its a task they give you or asking if the customers need help. They always try and make the work environment as inviting and friendly as possible. A typical day at work is always busy with multiple people coming in and out and multiple tasks to complete. What I learned from working here is to take on multiple tasks, while having a great attitude making sure the customers have everything they need.
Pros
Lunch, Break
Cons
Not always getting a break
n/a
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 25, 2017
job wasn't difficult, had many good times working there the customers where fine the only problem seemed to be the low pay rate towards the end which was a disappointment
Great co-workers moderate employer
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 25, 2017
co-workers and regular customers made this job fun everybody was family not many advancements for techs but they try to keep those that are good at their jobs happy insurance package for families left something to be desired
fun workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCMarch 25, 2017
do data entry into the computer,fill and count drugs put into amber vails,run cash register,did inventory clean around pharmacy,took phone calls from customers and doctors
Pros
close to home
Cons
short breaks
Unproductive and low-energy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Unionville, CTMarch 25, 2017
Only experience with one store but very little communication, poor management and scheduling, poor support for employees, and low work ethic. There's no motivation to better the store or complete all of your assigned tasks to the best of your ability so more often than not, I felt responsible for picking up the slack of other employees.
Pros
Overall friendly staff
Cons
Inadequate pay
Good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 24, 2017
As far as first jobs go, this was a pretty good fit for me, at that moment in my life. The management were pretty helpful, albeit stern, and they did a good job of laying out exactly what the cashier/customer service representative job entails. Pretty boring, as there were frequently empty periods where nobody was in the store. However, I found this time useful, as I used it straighten shelves so that I wouldn't have to do it at a later time during my shift.
A day in the life of a PharmacyTechnician
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 24, 2017
A typical day, is reviewing overall scores in customer service, and making it a goal towards improving our weak points throughout the day. Generating prescriptions and filling them promptly. Entering and billing insurances, calling on insurance claims,workers compensation billing, no-fault billing.Prior to working for CVS, i had no experience in insurance as a whole, or medications. I have learned so much in those two areas, knowing how insurance works and learning brands from generics and what medication is for a specific treatment. Our workplace is very diverse, we take pride in working with a good attitude while dealing with a lot of different personalities, in which can provide some tough situations when a customer is dissatisfied with some of corporates features in customer service. The most enjoyable part about my job is the people that i work with, we all work as a team and we help each other throughout the day.
Pros
the team i work with
Cons
the pay does not reflect the work
not so good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 24, 2017
the company doesnt care about its employees. theyre constantly cutting hours and making it extremely difficult to do daily tasks every day when we are under staffed.
Cvs
Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 24, 2017
Very fast paced work environment, demanding but rewarding. This job requires compassion, focus, detail oriented and ability to handle high stress. The staffing is rather tight so we often have patients who are upset that they have to wait longer or hold on the phone longer. CVS is making progress on it's technology which is very helpful and makes the job flow better.
Great Place, great people good company
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMarch 24, 2017
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
my review
Pharmacy Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 24, 2017
i liked the job but i had to relocate a typical day at work i dealt with customer and expedited prescriptions it was a specialty pharmacy and we dealt with specialty drugs
simple work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chippewa, PAMarch 24, 2017
Easy work but not enough employees so had to stay extra the time then usual. Poor at showing what to do on first day the girl wasnt helpful
manager would never be out in store when I called him for help I had to solve by myself
great peopl to work for
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCMarch 24, 2017
CVS helped grow and develop my skills in retail. I learned how to merchandise and reset areas of the store, which i grew to love. The company is great to work for.
Retail sucks..
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, KYMarch 24, 2017
I hated working here. Management doesn't work with you at all on school or any of your personal life. Patients in the pharmacy are hateful and very few are understanding of the pharmacy laws.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.