CVS Health Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,362 reviews matching the search
I loved the independence at this job.
Photo-lab Technician/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 23, 2016
I was technically a photo lab technician but did several other things at this job. Sometimes I would be on the floor setting up displays. Others I would be on the cash register. Others I would be in the back doing inventory. I really liked that I got to see most aspects of this job.
productivefun and work at ping pong table
Qlikview/Qliksense Developer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 23, 2016
a typical day at work
i learnt in which i felt like i lack
and the management was okay not bad
my co-workers were very supportive
Long hrs
Assistant Manager in training (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
Stressful when you have a store manager that does not do anything. I worked 45 HRS in two days because of inventory that should say iy all.
Pros
long hrs
Cons
bad company
This is not a good paying job for Pharm Techs. The {Pharmacist get paid the big bucks here.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYAugust 22, 2016
The Pharm. People are only interested in Interns. The Pharm. Techs make only $10 an hour when they do most of the work. Its no $ to support yourself!
Pros
Customers are nice compared to coworkers..
Cons
Hourly pay is terrible for Pharmacy Technicians.Your pay is more at McDonalds
Fair place
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 22, 2016
Every day is different. some times we need to prepare reports, complete trainings, work with the finances, work with the inventory. some days qe do receiving merchandise; updating pricess, re-stock the store, etc.
the ones that are bilingual provide translating services to our customers. We give advise on the medicine and its effects.

The fun part is working with the customers, because I love working with people.

The hardest part is when we receive new merchandise.
Stressful
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33145August 22, 2016
Very stressful job. You learned to be patience. Team work. Schedule change all the time. Poor salary. You have to be stand up for more than 8 hours.
very stressful workplace
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 22, 2016
the typical workday was very stressful. the outcome of your day was always dependent on the experience of your co-workers and the amount of help hours that ytou had for the day. Management was not caring at all and only cared about the numbers. The most enjoyable part of the job was caring for the customers.
Pros
compensation
Cons
stress
Great side job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHAugust 22, 2016
I love my customers, co workers and my boss. Its not much for advancement but for a side job it is great to be a cashier there.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere with lots to keep me busy
Cons
Honestly none
Friendly Company
Pharmacy Technician / Front Store Employee (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHAugust 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at this company. The supervisors were all very fair and understanding. This company supported promotions from within.
Good for internship only
Pharmacy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 22, 2016
I had a great Supervisor and District Manager but when you're no longer happy with your job because you have not gotten a pay raise, then it's time to go look for another place to work at. But overall, I loved working there, the Pharmacists and the other staff are very nice and accommodating according to your needs.
A Challenging but learning experience
Regional Learning Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDAugust 22, 2016
My opinion about this particular job was a good one. It was challenging because I had to complete the hire process for new employees as well as teach them, train them and provide a test towards the end of class. Dealing with this position, you tend to meet all kind of people who have some learning challenges and at times, class was longer bc some couldn't comprehend what was taught.. I had to prepare for class by printing books for every student and creating a folder for them which was tedious
Pros
Barely recieved a lunch break on some days
Cons
Stayed later than usual time
Family oriented enviorment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 21, 2016
Like most companies you go through highs and lows. Its a great company thats number one priority is to provide exceptional customer service and improving the health of its customers.
summary
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 21, 2016
I would never work for this company how they terminated me and wouldn't recommend anybody to work for the company honestly.
Cons
The job sucks
Cvs
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Avondale, PAAugust 21, 2016
The company is ok the workers were not very great to work with the pay not very great . The company did not give you medical you had to get your own.
Cvs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2016
This company does not pay its employees nearly enough. You must maintain at the very minimum 30 hours to even qualify for benefits. Corporate does not side with its employees about difficult customers but instead rewards abusive behavior with gift cards and apologies. There is not enough coverage on shifts. And your safety is not guaranteed.
20% discount on employee purchase.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2016
Very stable company to work for.Currently expanding in other market through the USA. Financially stable and focusing on customer service.
Pros
Extra Buck reward
Cons
Very productive place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 20, 2016
Excellent team work training.
This place add value to your knowledge and experience.
Very well prepared employees.
Good customer service.
Excellent opportunities for students.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Low salaries
Varies Store to Store
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 19, 2016
Store level is very stressful. Lack of hours, understaffed and underpaid for the work load expected. Seems like upper management (DM) and higher only really care about their bonuses and not what is needed at store levels to make a functional business. Customers are mostly happy but you will get ones that are not happy especially in the pharmacy, which is not their fault a lot of the time. reasons could be insurance issues to script failed to be called in. other times it could be due to under staffing to the workload is to much to make the deadlines and fill times. i would not recommend this company for long term employment unless you are determined to move up in the company and then you have to wait for that positions to open up.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
pay, workload, angry customers, upper managment
cvs is a good place to work
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2016
cvs is a good place to work. I strongly suggest this company. it is a good crowed to work with. very nice co workers. very busy work environment with a lot of prescriptions.
Fast paced, stressful environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Attica, INAugust 19, 2016
A typical day included data entry and filling prescriptions. There were always different issues to handle daily as they came up. I enjoyed helping customers either with their insurance or doctor issues, and being able to save them money on their prescriptions.

The Pharmacists that I worked with were very helpful with problems and with helping the Technician if they needed it. They were very good at explaining whatever we may have questions about and not talking down to the Techs. Good management at the store I worked at.
Pros
Flexibility with hours if we needed it, good teamwork, caring about patients and employees.
Cons
Sometimes short-staffed which made it very stressful. They stopped giving short breaks, lunch only, but breaks are needed when you're on your feet 8-9 hours daily.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.