CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 14,785 reviews matching the search
Working here was like high school all over again.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIMay 26, 2017
Working here you deal with alot of drama and unneeded stress. Co-workers are sometimes difficult to deal with. Management is good and understanding when it comes to problems or concerns.
Pros
fast paced work environment
Cons
short breaks and alot of drama
fast paced environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New Milford, NJMay 26, 2017
Genuinely a good job to have whether part time or a career choice. Salary can be a bit higher but still enough. Always busy so shifts fly by. Must be able to adapt to changes in state laws regarding certain medications.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
never ending during shifts; very busy at all times
This compay expects more and more from their employees with little compensation.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Bargersville, INMay 26, 2017
Work days are stressful, and management sucks! Company doesn't care for their employees. Just really an awful place to work. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy
Pros
somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
terrible pay, and management just cares about fattening their wallets
Rocky
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 26, 2017
You don't get paid decently. In fact don't become a shift supervisor, because you will never get paid what a manager would for the job that you are doing which is acting as a manager while you are the shift supervisor. Only you and a cashier will work the evening shift especially if the pharmacy closes at 6pm on the weekends. And even the security leaves at 6pm has well. Doesn't make sense to have to ladies on a night shift alone in the store.
Pros
Cons
low pay, more work for less incentive, management doesn't back you up
just did my part and moved on
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 26, 2017
I don't like the system at the pharmacy. We break more HIPAA laws checking a customer out than we do when we access the computer system. CVS, in my opinion, doesn't show "value" to its employees in the pharmacies. The Pharmacists usually work open to close with no lunch break during the week. This can end up being a 13-15 hour shift.
Horrible
Benefit Opportunity specialist (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMay 26, 2017
If you like to get verbally abused 98 % of the day this job is for you. When needing help the supervisors are either at a lunch in or flirting with other supervisors. Even though this is a fortune 500 company with good intentions, in order to advance you must know someone personally to get you in or they will find some reason not to promote you. They time you in getting bathroom breaks, giving you 10 minutes. If you go over you get wrote up. If you have a mental condition they treat you very unprofessionally. The only good thing is about this job is sitting while getting paid but that also takes a toll on your body since your inactive for the most part. In conclusion unless you are desperate for a job do not work here, look somewhere else.
Pros
Pto, Medical and preventative drug list for medications
Cons
Everything else.
nice enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2017
nice environment friendly people with great benefits, but the policies are not so great. Not flexible at all, so not a great job for full time mother and student.
Excellent
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 26, 2017
Working at CVS Health was sometimes a challenge but it was also very rewarding. Learning the computer system in the pharmacy took some time but overall it was fairly easy to understand.
It's a decent job with some good people
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYMay 26, 2017
It's life draining when you have unfair or power hungry managers and lazy workers, but you do find some employees there that work hard and try to make the best out of the situation. The customers can become extremely annoying but as long as you are patient with them and you listen to them then they are not so bad.
Pros
People can grow a liking to you quickly if they sense that you are a good worker
Cons
The company doesn't stand by their policy if a customer calls and complains
Get in to the business at a yiung age.
Shift Manager Duties (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers Beach, FLMay 26, 2017
CVS is a company in an industry that requires uncertain work hours and dealing with the public extensively. There are advancements, good retirement plan and will offer more than normal job security.

Its hard to have a personal life when your schedule bounces all over the calendar and shift times. If this is something that you would consider doing, then go on their website and apply.
not bad
Front Store Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PAMay 26, 2017
I enjoyed the job itself, but not my boss. She should have been fired from day one. It wasn't hard, stocking gum and cigarettes and checking for expired stuff on the shelves.
Pros
talking to customers
Cons
management
Pharmacy Technician
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 25, 2017
Working as a pharmacy technician in a retail pharmacy is a very rewarding job, but it is a very fast paced and stressful environment and requires a patient and caring individual to adequately preform daily duties. I love being a pharmacy technician but I do not feel there is much room for growth in a retail pharmacy, and am ready to move on and learn different skills in a different environment.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAMay 25, 2017
I enjoy the working with the staff and the job coaches. the managers treat me with respect and I like that because people see my disability but not my skills.
Pros
inviroment is friendly
Cons
I dont if they will hire me
Good Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 25, 2017
CVS is a good company to work for. Benefits and 401k were awesome. They're concerned about their employees health Pay is competitive and many opportunities for advancement.
meh
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 25, 2017
The quality of the job greatly depends on the store. Some pharmacists/ managers are much more fun than others. Script volume also widely varies, but some people prefer different work paces. Corporate micro-manages but doesn't seem to have a clue what happens day to day.
they do not appreciate their employees
CVS Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 25, 2017
I enjoy helping my patients and doing anything i can for them however cvs steps-in most of the time to play big brother and makes it harder for me to do my job and help the person you needs it the most, the patient. Instead they have multiple lil task which consumes a lot of time that id have to help the people you want as returning customers and inventory things such as the cycle counts somehow never being right
Pros
i enjoy helping my patients
Cons
not being appreciated and taken advantage of
great organization to work wih
Pharmacy Tech Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 25, 2017
office management.
attending council meeting
preparing training martials
organizing meetings and events for customers
giving training courses for city council members
Pros
hours. team work. great things i learned
Cons
nothing
Loved The Company
Certified Pharmacy Technician Customers (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 25, 2017
My typical day was pleasant. Management was fantastic. Filling more than 250 scripts daily was a lot but having the help made the day better. Due to my husband being military we had to PCS. No CVS in Germany.
Everyday is different from the next. If you like versatility in a job and like working with fun staff, you'll like CVS.
Management was extremely flexible when it came to requesting certain days off. Co-workers were great! Sometimes it can be repetitive and get boring.
But the most enjoyable part of the job was learning to adapt to my surroundings and meet new clientele.
Pros
Fantastic Workplace
Cons
Leaving due to PCS
Very productive
communication skills needed
insurance
very busy
learn about medications
Productive and fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEMay 25, 2017
CVS is a great place to work. The people I work with are nice and willing to help new members to the team. There's opportunities for advancement and for getting more hours and there's always something to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.