CVS Health

9.3K reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 9,299 reviews matching the search
Top Company, retail side has opportunities
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was my customers and dealing with multiple cultures. I got an opportunity to be immersed in Spanish and learned how crucial it is for the customers to feel inclusion.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Inexperienced District Manager
They might seem nice...
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 12, 2016
They will tell you that accuracy is more important than speed but "performance" seems to be measured in cases per hour. Don't expect real feedback on performance. The feedback you do receive is for really important things like punctuation. Follow the instruction to "dig deep" for information in order to decide a case and you won't last. Apparently, it is better to ignore the requesting physician's forty pages of office notes and fax a questionnaire to his office. Then you will appear to work faster.
Pros
Quiet environment
Cons
Trust no one.
warehouse
wharehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALFebruary 11, 2016
being a senior employment means they can threaten you with your job and talk to you anyway they wont too. And when you talk to management about the problem they don't want to hear it or they don't care one of the too. And when it come to your rise its a 20 cents if your lucky, and then they act like they just gave that to you.But when they get there nice bonus off the work you did. The thing is corporate cant figure why we have a high turn over rate maybe they need to ask senior employees what the problem is and not management there ready too fire you because that makes them look bad.
Pros
its a job
Cons
the time you clock in
Overall a good place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 11, 2016
A typical day starts with a quick meeting and a store walk with the overnight supervisor to review what was accomplished during their shift. During this period I would make notes of any opportunities on the sales floor and the back room.
I would then visit the pharmacy just to say hello to the team and review their coverage for the day.

I would then spend about 45 minutes to an hour in the office processing the deposit for the previous day's sales,reviewing sales reports and exception reports, (making notes of issues that needed to be addressed) checking email,reviewing payroll reports, and workload management tasks assigned by the company.

Depending on the day of the week there are replenishment reports that are delegated to team members which I review when they are completed.
We had deliveries constantly during the course of the day. These deliveries have to be checked in and merchandised to the sales floor or placed in the back room.

I spend a lot of time walking the sales floor greeting customers, trying to help them find what they are looking for.
There are times when I have to ring on a register which gives me the opportunity to interact more with the customers.

I try to have quick meetings during shift changes to communicate where we are in sales,our goal,customers service scores, and the tasks to be completed for the rest of the day.

I also look at upcoming resets and merchandise relocation. Because the store was small in size but the highest volume in the district I had to be always thinking on my feet.

Overall I would say that the employees were
  more... dedicated and worked very hard for me.There were those who had issues with attendance but came in line after a few conversations.

The hardest part of my job was to get people hired.

The most enjoyable part of my job was merchandising, and driving sales. I loved it when I could meet with may assistant and supervisors and tell that that we are beating the sales budget and our customer service scores are above target.
Pros
You get meet different people. You getgood discount on merchandise.
Cons
Long work hours. Hard to hire people in that area.
Strictly business, No room for employee respect
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCFebruary 11, 2016
I worked for CVS Pharmacy for 11 years. During that time I had 7 different store managers and 3 different lead Pharmacists. The turn over for CVS is very high both in management and in lower levels of enjoyment. This is probably why you are constantly being assigned "work modules" to complete, sometimes without compensation.

The scheduling in the pharmacy is based on a "on demand" system that predicts what the business volume will be and schedule employees accordingly. Therefor, you WILL NEVER have a regular schedule. The management is not interesting in working with their employees in creating a regular schedule to allow their employees some predictability in their schedule and, thus, in their lives.

When I tried to gain a promotion management became more critical of factors that I could not control and ultimately held me responsible for these factors and terminated my employment. If I had been a snarky a** hole I would have had more success in gaining a higher level of pay and responsibly from this company. Being a caring, kind, and dedicated employee means nothing to these people.
Pros
routine in workflow, ability to develop relationships with customers
Cons
no regular schedule, no support from management, values $ more than values
Productive and Fun
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Santee, SCFebruary 11, 2016
A lot of experience gained and learned a lot about certain medication that I have never even heard of. This job makes me feel like I accomplished my back up plan if I fall short in my chosen career
Pros
working with great people
Cons
long hours of standing
Needs better management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bedford Hills,NYFebruary 11, 2016
Worked as a Pharmacy Tech for 2 years. Pharmacy was incredibly busy, and we never had enough techs to handle the workload (drive thru!!) Upper management kept cutting hours, manager was uncommunicative. Customers for the most part were nice. Left to work for a competitor - so much better.
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
everything
fun place to work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2016
typical day is coming in store report to manager.the second thing to do is roam the store to see what needs to be restocked and restock the shelves clean the front and back of stockroom.the most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team to get the job done.the hardest part of the job is dealing with guest that are very unhappy but it your job to fix the conflict.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Dealing with customers all day with entering prescriptions, filling prescription vials, calling customers, and being cashier.
Not pleased
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZFebruary 10, 2016
My days usually consist of running around doing pointless busy work and making sure other staff get their pointless busy work done.

For me the best part of my job are my regulars who come in and say hi. The hardest part of my job is that corporate seems to think we need next to nobody to run an entire store. We are always understaffed to a point where I don't always have enough people and you can't even call in sick.
Pros
co workers and regular customers
Cons
Work life balance
its a great workplace to meet ne people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 10, 2016
What I like about working at CVS Health on canal is very interesting you get to meet new people form around the world
I always have a great time with my coworkers as well we get along great
The hardest part of the job is trying to please every customer that walks through the door because we might not have a specific item they're looking for
Miss direction of the pharmacy business
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Bay City, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Patient care is no longer the focus of the business rather the company pays more attention to metrics that is not a measurement of quality assurance. Pharmacist makes so much mistake because of too many task as regards to the metrics KPM system the company runs.
Pros
competative pay
Cons
No break, RPh works more than 10 hrs w/o break or food still not enough
Friendly Environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 10, 2016
With the exception of one, I have never had a problem with anyone I worked under or with. The environment is hectic at times, but manageable.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Very busy most days. Multi-tasking needed.
Horrible
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCFebruary 10, 2016
They Just don't care. Point blank. They want you to do more than you can handle and hate compensating you for it. Don't work here if you don't have to.
Workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Drexel Hill, PAFebruary 10, 2016
This a excellent place to work, it allows you to interact with customer and use your Pharmacy technician skills.
Management is willing to work with you to ensure you reach your training goals. Training is in small groups to ensure that you understand and retain all your learning.
productive and very busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJFebruary 9, 2016
Answered any and all questions that customers had regarding products, coupons, etc.Handled the cash register to process transaction. Went out on the floor to ensure customer satisfaction and address any questions or complaints. all customers health matters. great place to work managers are awesome and so as the coworkers.I love working in fast paced environment.
Pros
mangers can work around your schedule if needed.
Cons
mostly hire part time
Amazing Experience
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTFebruary 9, 2016
Loved my job and coworkers never had a problem only had issues with difficult patients from time to time but the company teaches you how to handle those tough situations.
Pros
Manager was great
Cons
Customers time to time
Shift Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 9, 2016
Pretty good, very productive and nice employees. Management teaches very well and i got promoted because of my hard work.
One and a Half Thumbs Up
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA 18706February 9, 2016
Mandatory overtime is excessive, but if that's what you like, then this is the job for you.
Advancement is up to you. Must be a go getter. Too many socialites there, so if you are a hard charger, you WILL pick up the slack.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
I repeat --- Mandatory Overtime, although they can't call it that.
Unprofessional
Director Enterprise Digital (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILFebruary 9, 2016
Medco got bought and kicked all them out in NJ. Being sweared at in meetings is very common and you better have thick skin. They all found a home in CVS and hired each other qualified or not. The work life balance is not there and there is no investment or IT only projects for the business. If you are not on the East Coast you there is little chance to advance.
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Unprofessional