CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 16,208 reviews matching the search
betrayal
Senior Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandAugust 16, 2017
discrimination by managers and team..gc betrayal,they promised ,but they never started.so many other stories
HR sets few employees and supports their group of people
Production is easy and is fair for high school students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, TXAugust 16, 2017
The work place is easy they pay is fair for high school students who need something for the summer. They have good benefits its 40 hours a week 8 hours a day 9.00 dollars an hour
Good company for my career
Lead Clinical Pharmacist/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 16, 2017
Too many long hours at computer
Culture was very negative and drama-filled; highly competitive
Since I am very thorough, meeting the expectations of cases per hour was the hardest part of the job.
The most enjoyable part was working from home and working with Specialty Medications.
Pros
Working from home/ remotely
Cons
long hours, salaried and had to work overtime
CVS Workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALAugust 16, 2017
A typical day at work is busy making the time fly by which is a good thing. I learned a lot of things everyday from drug names, drug interactions, drug uses etc. One of the things I enjoyed the most was working with professionals because I am a curious individual that asks questions when they come to mind. The most enjoyable part of the job was excelling as a team and receiving good results. There was nothing particularly hard about the job, I just did my very best.
Pros
working every third weekend
Cons
no lunch breaks on the weekends
Place to just pass the time
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAAugust 16, 2017
This should not be anyones end all career move. Unless that is that you are just looking for something to fill your time. It is one of the most repetitive and mundane places i have ever worked.
Busy, Rewarding, & Crazy environment.
Pharmacy Technologist (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIAugust 16, 2017
I learn a lot more than I could have ever imaged by working at this company. It is a very high paced and stressful environment. You have a lot to do during your shift like answer phones, help out customers, fill and take prescription orders, stock the pharmacy, order supply and help teach interns. However, by having this job i learned how to manage my time and about good customer service.
Pros
The nice and understanding customers, CVS Brand discounts
Cons
Short or no lunch breaks, Being left alone in the Pharmacy
Fast pacedenvironment with great people as coworkers
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 16, 2017
A typical day was what you'd expect at a Fortune Top 10 corporation: a fast paced, change intensive environment. CVS Health is a Prescription Benefit Manager, with a "Who's Who" list of corporations as clients. Subsequently, there were daily client interactions, and support activities, including managing the resolution status of routine to complex requests, and with a focus on client/customer service, working with both internal and external partners. Great learning environment. Great people. Not so great pay.
Pros
People
Cons
Low pay
mail order pharmacy with call center environment.
PSR III (Former Employee) –  Lenexa kansasAugust 16, 2017
CVS specialty is part of a growing field related to mail-order medication. Depending on the skill level of a employee, they have the opportunity to obtain multiple skills and advances. This is a call center environment dealing with specialty medications with high profile clients. It can be very stressful, especially during enrollment dates. Knowledge of medicare is a big plus when working with these patients. A caring and friendly attitude is a must.
Pros
opportunity to improve your skill set is always available
Cons
high stress call center environment.
Long hours, stressfull days
Pharmacist-In-Charge (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 16, 2017
CVS is has a fast pace retail company with long hours and very little flexibility in schedule. The pay and benefits are excellent, however the workload appears a little unrealistic at times.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
long hours with little flexibility
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDAugust 16, 2017
would not let staff do anything about shoplifting and then you gauge our wages and treat us like criminals if we forget to pay for a bottle of water. i hope a real person reads this, it is jacked up. coupon fraud day in and day out, and the same jerk families returning stuff after they got extra bucks every single week. And after a year you gave me a 37 cent raise? I made more money as a day laborer than as a supervisor, CVS is terrible.
Horrible
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 16, 2017
horrible.. low pay, no benefits, work every weekend, all night shifts, very cliquey. I wouldnt recommend working here to my worst enemy. Terrible place.
Pay was good
Photo Tech Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 16, 2017
This is not a knock against the company but the experience I had within the company. The managers I had were just out for themselves and it was just a mess.
Okay for a start
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CA 95210August 16, 2017
Good job if you are starting off in a career in the medical field but not a reliable source for a comfortable living. Hate the management but it depends on the store.
Pros
Career starter
Cons
Stress of face pace, unruly customers
Understaffed, Underpaid, Overworked
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 16, 2017
They would much rather overwork the few employees they have than hire enough to keep up with the demands of the job. They might start at a "decent" wage, but you will get a 15 cent raise every year after that, which won't even keep up with cost of living increases. The longer you work here, the less you will make, relatively speaking.
Pros
Medical Insurance, I guess
Cons
Poor Pay Increases, Mandatory Overtime, Overworked, Thankless, Understaffing, etc etc
fast paced environment
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAAugust 15, 2017
Cvs is a fast paced working environment, they tend to get by with making us do more work and giving us less hours so the work portion and employee portion was off balance. They did treat me well when it came to pay and benefits but I do not agree with breaks and certain pharmacists.
Pros
pay
Cons
breaks
Productive and a great environment to work in
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
My day is fairly simple, I greet customers as soon as I clock in. Typical day for me used to start in the afternoon, short after the lunch rush but going into the evening rush. I learned a lot when I worked for CVS, I've never had experience with cashiers and handling money but the job orientations were great and provided me with great information to do my job as well as I could. I enjoyed it a lot.
Pros
Fun, Friendly environment
Cons
Short breaks
Customer oriented, with time management aspects
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLAugust 15, 2017
A typical day at work varies depending on the workload. Some days are generally easy, with repetitive monotonous tasks. While others have a much heavier workload. Balancing task management with customer service is a challenge at times, but you do build good connections with the work staff and customer base.
Pros
steady pay, flexible scheduling.
Cons
advancement only comes from position changes.
Too much chit chat
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCAugust 15, 2017
Management in pharmacy changing constantly without notice. Too many slackers and chit chat. They do give you all the hours you can work as so many do not want to show up.
Pros
A nationwide company with positions all over
Cons
Send you info on benefits you have but being part-time are not allowed
Energetic and fun workpalce
Loose picker (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 15, 2017
Work place were you can improve and learn new things to better your position in the company, Workers get the opportunity to express themselves and be themselves.
Pros
Heathcare
Cons
Shortbreaks
helping people
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  1199 vermont ave nw dcAugust 15, 2017
The best part of working at CVS as a pharmacy technician is the fact that I am able to help people. Our job is to make sure customers take care of their health which I enjoyed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval