CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 11,563 reviews matching the search
Always something to do, always busy.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2016
Usually when I went to work it was at a reasonable time but I can't complain because I was coming from Queens to Manhattan. On a typical day I would ring customers and face items on shelves. On shipment days (2 days a week) I would help pack new items on shelves. There is plenty of things to do when there are no customers so your rarely bored. I learned the basic skills of working in a customer service environment and it was very enjoyable to me. There was no hard part for me.
Pros
Always something to do, room for promotion, 45 min breaks
Love about half of my co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 18, 2016
It's a great place as a starting job but going into this I went school for 8 months for pharmacy tech and have over 15k in student loans and they give you the run down techs start at 11-12 dollars/hr and Cvs started me at $8.75 that's not right for Cvs to under pay Pharmacy Techs I'm still a tech but looking into finding another job because as a tech I feel like I deal with way too much and is still under payed and I'm going on my 5 year as a employee! I was very let down when I start with my pay
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Pay and under staff
Wonderful managment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Harvest, ALSeptember 20, 2016
While working at CVS Pharmacy I was always busy and really enjoyed the people I worked with. I learned so much about retail and how businesses work, including how to work cash registers, how to approach customers to ensure top satisfaction without being overbearing and how to "face" certain items on the shelves at certain times to help promote sales and peek the interest of our valued customers.
Pros
Wonderful managment and great work enviroment
Cons
Delivering customer service at a fast-paced retail pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician/Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJSeptember 21, 2016
•Abide to HIPPA practices in communication with patients
•Bill insurance companies and troubleshoot insurance rejections for medication that is not covered
•Effectively collaborate with doctors’ offices to obtain prescription refills
•Manage inventory through regular counting of stock bottles and organization of shelved medication; order out-of-stock medications through a company vendor
•Ensure prescriptions are complete with correct dosage, route, and, quantity and seek clarification with the prescriber when needed
A Challenging but learning experience
Regional Learning Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDAugust 22, 2016
My opinion about this particular job was a good one. It was challenging because I had to complete the hire process for new employees as well as teach them, train them and provide a test towards the end of class. Dealing with this position, you tend to meet all kind of people who have some learning challenges and at times, class was longer bc some couldn't comprehend what was taught.. I had to prepare for class by printing books for every student and creating a folder for them which was tedious
Pros
Barely recieved a lunch break on some days
Cons
Stayed later than usual time
Fair place
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 22, 2016
Every day is different. some times we need to prepare reports, complete trainings, work with the finances, work with the inventory. some days qe do receiving merchandise; updating pricess, re-stock the store, etc.
the ones that are bilingual provide translating services to our customers. We give advise on the medicine and its effects.

The fun part is working with the customers, because I love working with people.

The hardest part is when we receive new merchandise.
Most enjoyable part of my job
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 18, 2016
I have loved getting to know my customers. Not just remembering their names and maybe their birthdays but getting to know their lives and creating a personal relationship with them. I love being able to contact their doctor, insurance, another pharmacy, etc. and resolving any issues that may occur. I like knowing they can rely on me to get things straightened out.
Pros
Customer interaction, co-workers and management
Cons
short lunches and no paid breaks given
customer service taking vital signs,office manager, call insurance for prior authorizations, billing,making appointments,
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2016
cvs
was a really good pleasant job, We have busy days, seeing patients, work together to get the work done. The Pharmacist do not like to deal with there customers, they like talking on there phones through the business hours. HIgher managment do not know how to run there stores, nor talk to the employees correctly.
Pros
excellent team players
Cons
head managers did not know how to deal with the employees, and lead pharmacists do not know how to respect there employees, nor like to help there customer at the front end.
A great start into Pharmacy!
Pharmacy Technician/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 17, 2016
Cvs pharmacy is a wonderful place to work at and a great place to start if you have a knack for Pharmacy. Reason is sometimes you start at the bottom but there is opportunities that CVS gives to their employees. For example I started as a cashier and further on I became a Pharmacy Tech. Also I have the best co-workers!!! They're all hardworking and we all communicate with one another to help both in the pharmacy area and store.
Cons
small raises
Work life Balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 16, 2016
CVS is a great place to work. no issues of being laid off. Benefits are there and the salary is there. The only downfall is that CVS does not have enough work life balance. You will get paid to work 45 hrs and then frequently have to work upwards of 70 to get the job done correctly.The turn over rate is insane,because of the actual time you have to spend at work due to the budgets you are given to meet. Be prepared for working every time someone calls off and be prepared to work all holidays and weekends as well as nights.
Pros
Fun group of Management
Cons
No work personal life balance
Good Company
ProCare Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2016
Managed several stores with increasing business. Managed the Harbison Ave store, #1 pharmacy in the company during my term as manager,
I have learned many different aspects of the pharmacy business by taking on projects for supervisors.
I also was a district supervisor for 28 stores which enable for me to supervise a staff of about 70 pharmacists.
Pros
tremendous growth, formed relationships with supervisors
Cons
no breaks, 14 hour days, short staffed
good
Cashier Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXAugust 16, 2016
I loved working for this company. The staff I worked with were very friendly and mindful of each other. I also enjoyed the company of our regular customers that visited the store very often. I worked VERY hard. I worked overnights mostly. For a complete year I worked 6 nights out of the week. Making sure the store was completely stocked and making sure the store was nice, neat and presentable to every customer. I always felt very satisfied when leaving the store after every shift which was my goal.
average day at cvs
Split Case Picker (Current Employee) –  Beech Island, SCAugust 16, 2016
I start my day by cleaning up any mess that is left from the other shift. the I log in my first assignment and begin to pick it. for instance. 401 1-d which is scope large size green bottle. my paper says that I need two in the tote. I get two and go onto the next item. the hardest part of the job is trying to keep everyone on the same number of work. that way no one is behind and no one is ahead. to make sure that everything can go out at the same time. the best part of the day is when everything is going right and there is no kinks in our day. if everyone works together and makes it a easy day
Pros
recognition for bein above the pick rate for a month. the pick rate is 95 0/0
Cons
our breaks are too short.
stressful most of the time but at can be fun based on management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2016
CVS is a stressful place to work there is only two people per shift your're always doing more than expected,management can be a hassle as well when you have problem your better off solving it yourself but the customers are what makes the job most difficult because CVS is healthcare environment, which means customers rely on CVS to get their health issues resolved when we do not meet their expectations they will express their frustrations constantly either kindly or rudely your lucky through out your shift if nothing expected go wrong.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
only two people per shift
Change
Admissions Representative/Sr Assistant -ACO (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 15, 2016
I worked for this company for this for a few years and it was a great enviroment. We were bought out by a bigger party and the moral and safety of your job was determined more on race, back stabbing and tremendous amounts of drama. I liked the work I did, working with another state and helping with the care of sick patients. I learned a great deal about customer service, Clinical managment and a numerous amounts of other skills. I was happy I had the opportunitly to work there.
Pros
Knowledge, working with patients
Cons
Job security, Stress, turn over rate was high
Great workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CA 91911August 14, 2016
A typical day at work is unpredictable. Some days it's busier than others but it's always a productive day at work and time flies.

Insurance is the most complex thing about this job but you learn new things about it everyday. You are constantly learning ways to process a claim.

Management is great and all but they want to get away with paying you as minimal as possible.

Hardest part of the job is insurance. Mainly because it is always going to be trial and error.

Most enjoyable part of my job is when you create a relationship with the patients and they acknowledge you every time they come in.
Pros
breaks when you need it and flexible hours
Cons
becoming a union
Tough job with huge responsibility
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 14, 2016
Impossible standards and lack of help make for a dangerous work enviornment. A company that markets customer service above all else, but goes about it in the worst possible way by making the employees feel worthless and dispensable. An environment that treats the pharmacist with respect and offers the resources to provide success to the patients is the key to customer satisfaction, but CVS has the lock kept behind a safe of pure corporate greed.
Pros
Cons
Understaffed, Underappreciated, Underpaid
Productive and fun work place
Clerk Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 14, 2016
A typical day on the job included running the cash register, organizing hall mark cards, changing sale signs and organizing items. I learned more about group work. Managers are very helpful and understanding. Co-workers are helpful when I was confused or didn't know what I was doing. They took time to explain things to me. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with unhappy or upset customers. The enjoyable part is just knowing that you are a part of a team and are contributing to the company for the greater good.
Pros
Discount on CVS items
Cons
Short beaks
Pharmacy Technician Duties
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Garden City, GAAugust 11, 2016
• Deliver results while balancing quality and efficiency in all tasks; maintain accuracy while consistently meeting work flow and inventory management goals.
• Effectively follows workflow procedures with an in-depth understanding for day-to-day coordination and processing of patient medication orders.
• Understands and follows federal and state laws (HIPAA, OSHA), regulations, professional standards, and ethical procedures.
• Accurately prepares medications under the direction of a staff pharmacist.
Great environment to work for and you will learn plenty of useful information
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2016
It is interesting to learn about several medications and interactions
Working helps you understand the healthcare systems, insurance, and consumer needs
Must be efficient in Pick up, Drop Off and Production
Must help to maintain accurate inventory of medications
Must be able to multi task and handle several situations at the same time
Hard part- A lot of running around and at times customers may be a handful
Enjoyable part- Great Co-workers who help you get through the day
Pros
Management is willing to work around your schedule, great coworkers
Cons
Short Breaks, Not much benefits