CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 12,391 reviews matching the search
same routine
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 18, 2017
Daily tasks cashiering, directing customers to product, doing returns. Don't learn much. Pretty cut in dry the same daily routine. Enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with coworkers and customers.
Pros
can advance quickly
Cons
dealing with difficult customers
Nice
Hadoop Developer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 18, 2017
It was really nice working there
people there are very friendly
I learned a lot while working there
Co-Workers are pretty freindly
I enjoy each and every moment
Management is very good
There was no typical day at work
Benefits
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2017
incredible benefits for FULL-TIME employees. For example, you have the options of life, health, eyes, etc insurance and once a year the company gives $500+ to an account
General Manager
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelby, MIJanuary 17, 2017
I worked salary position for 80 hours weekly and got paid for 44 hours for over 20 years. Upper management was not helpful and was not supportive.
Pros
Full Time
Cons
No family life
productive work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 17, 2017
working for CVS was no different then actually visiting a cvs.
i was a cashier, checking people out and making sure all the prices matched to the actual labels placed locations. after when the store was closed, i did returns, returns were items customers didnt want and had to be re stocked.
Fun Environment to work in but can be a heavy workload
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working at CVS because I liked the employees I worked with. Being a shift supervisor, it can be difficult while also attending school.
not enough time to finish any projects
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJanuary 17, 2017
over all good place to work not enough help,your day begins with opening store balancing all money doing deposits,ordering,price changes,the hardest part was employees not showing up for work the best part was getting everything done on time
Professional, productive workplace
Sr. Advisor Inventory Project Management (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJanuary 17, 2017
CVS is driven to be the best healthcare organization in the world. The workplace is professional and efficient. Most workgroups are smaller manageable teams that work cross functionally to complete tasks.
Pros
Teamwork, sharing of ideas.
Its a job, you will be just a number
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Poor managment alwaya understaff expect the unexpected as depending on your DM you might end up with someone who is underqualified and not allowed in other districts only got the job on frendship merit
Pros
Job, alot of extra hours
Cons
Low staffed, poor managment, feel like your back in high school managers are the cool kids your just there to make them look good
great learning experience
CVS Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 16, 2017
very busy and fast paced environment. learned a lot about medications and insurance. I learned how to be patient with frustrated customers
No Breaks
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Leesport, PAJanuary 16, 2017
At the CVS I work at we get no 15min or lunch break, so you better hope it's not busy. We get yelled at for things that are not in our control, like insurance not covering their medication. We get a score sheet called "Got heart"... No matter how good you do on it, you'll get nothing out of it, trust me I know.
Cons
No breaks, Long days, Stressfull
Fun work environment
Cashier/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 16, 2017
Great job for students in school, easy to pick up the everyday tasks needed, clean and calm atmosphere, when there is a slow time it is easy to find things that need to be done, such as stocking or straightening.
Pros
Great job for those who get bored easily and who enjoy printing photograph negatives
Cons
Limited hours for marketing classes
Workplace Summary
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 16, 2017
Great community, friendly customers and management is easy to get along with, but I would say the only flaw is that the place has little security during the daytime
Pros
20% employee discount on name brand items, and 30% discount on CVS brands
Had family picinics
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheraw, SCJanuary 16, 2017
Enjoyed working for CVS health. Management was great when training me for my
Position as assistant manager. I did not have a hard job at all I loved working with my co- workers and management team. Loved the customers without them I would not have a job but I love working with the public. I was on floor a lot ordering, stocking merchandise so customer service was very important.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
No cons
New Experience
CLERK/CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Union City, NJJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day at work consists of assisting customers find the proper healthcare, daily use, and/or food products for them and their family. Great coworkers eager to help others.
Unix/Linux System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJanuary 16, 2017
Productive and fun work place
Nice working Place.
Good People
Quality work.
Management is supportive.
Many thing to learn.
Fun activities are conducted.
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 16, 2017
assist members to a better health with their meds. A typical day is assisting members with their medication and ordering Medications as needed for them via pharmacy and mail order. I love helping others and really enjoy what i do.
Pros
helping others
Cons
n/a
Fake Opportunity
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXJanuary 16, 2017
I have applied 3 different times for a Pharmacy Tech position in a period of 1 yr. Every time I apply I have to take about an hour to do an assessment and all. After I apply I call to verify they got the application and I am always told they are not looking for anyone. Apparently the store manager has no idea why the website says there is an available position but there is none. Don't waste your time applying like I have.
I love working at CVS.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 16, 2017
The work culture, team spirit and motivating environment, makes me enjoy going to work each day.

I worked at a very busy store, but my coworkers and manager were very enthusiastic about improving the customer experience, which made work much more enjoyable.
Hard Work Pays Off
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHJanuary 16, 2017
The schedule varies each week. There is no set schedule each week. It is a fast-paced work environment and there is a lot of customer interaction. When training, it seems like there is a lot to learn, however, the pharmacists will work with you to ensure that you are properly trained before letting you do something you're not comfortable with. If you are looking to work part time, you will be over worked and under paid. The full time employees are the main priority here so they get to pick and choose their schedule and you will have to be able to work around it. The managers are very nice and you will quickly form a love/hate friendship with the pharmacists as well as your coworkers. The hardest part of the job is training. It is very difficult to try to learn everything because the company is constantly changing and expanding. However, it can be rewarding if you enjoy forming relationships with patients.
Pros
Coworkers become family
Cons
Short breaks, under paid, over worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.