CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 11,570 reviews matching the search
Great for starters
Swingreach driver, Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALFebruary 17, 2016
Short breaks and a fast pace work place. Decent staff and pay raises decided by your work effort. not a bad place to work if you have no experience and looking to get lots of over time.
Adequate workplace environment with caring and devoted people
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 4, 2016
This company strives to improve the health and wellness of its customers and employees. It has been a real learning experience working here. There are great benefits that help support personal needs and friendly people to assist on making the company better day by day.
Benefits
Cons
boing no one is motivated to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAMarch 15, 2016
laziest employees rule the work place, hardest working employees always get blamed and are assigned double the work to make up for the work other are not doing.
benefits
Cons
everything
Super Fast-Paced Joint
Pharmacy Manager & Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTOctober 20, 2015
From the moment you walk in the door to the moment you leave you are full throttle... which may or may not be a problem for some. There's a severe need to be able to multitask and think on your feet. If you can't do that don't even bother because that inability will result in mounting stress... not on just yourself but your teammates as well.

I can guarantee you'll never be bored. If you stay on task and get into a harmonious rhythm, then the patients and team members are a delight. When stress builds when you fall behind that's when things start to get a little rough.

I do think they need to spend more time training their help... last I knew it was terrible and in the end it turned out to be more "trial by fire" than anything else. Technician pay could be tweaked upwards too considering how hard you're working all day.
Pros
fast-paced, never bored workplace, friendly & understanding patients, excellent benefits
Cons
poor pay for technicians and raises for them are a joke, HEAVY stressors
Fun workplace with benefits to meet and greet with all sorts of people
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2016
During my duration at CVS I've learned lots of things such directing a team, product resets, california price audit and as well as california lotto audits.
Pros
Cons
Hours and Health Benefits
Fun work place
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIJanuary 27, 2016
Fun an homely work place. You grow a very strong bond with the customers that come in on a regular basis. Raises were not adequate enough for the work that was demanded. No room to move up after year. A lot of threat when working for CVS.
Pros
Good work staff
Cons
inadequate raises
Just horrible
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 31, 2015
To start your training will be rushed rushed rushed,I saw them fire people that were not "catching on"? It was the first week of training! You will have insanely hard to reach stats and zero time to get up to speed before they start with putting your job on the line. I was there a while and everyone that was or is still there only reached the stats in one way or another by cheating. You will always have a fear of losing your job. The first 6 months of every year be ready for hours upon hours of manditory overtime (say goodbye to your family for awhile). The pay and medical is horrible, yearly raises just forget about it. I had 3 straight years of no raise because the business had fallen off is what I was told but they pulled in 10-12 billion in profits every year? If you do get a raise its only 1-2% anyways which is next to zero. I honestly only stayed as long as I did b/c I had a great supervisor that would fight for you as much as she could. They left and so did I. I would honestly asvise looking elsewhere for employment. Starting pay sucks, medical sucks, the company overall is just horrible.
Pros
Cons
Pay medical entire management i mean the whole company
It's okay
customer care representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 18, 2015
Was rushed through training but expected to know how to use all the resources. Not good on time off, not family friendly, mandatory overtime during January and February with certain amount of hours you have to work on Mondays because it's the busiest. The pay and benefits are okay and some of the other employees are very nice. I don't think I would recommend this place to any of my friends.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Not family friendly, mandatory overtime can make for a long day.
l don't mind the atmosphere or any company since l work for retail which is fast and really busy environment
DSD Staff (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2015
in this company is hard to advance even though you are a hard work with a lot of experience. my co- workers and managers are graceful but they only do what they can. l don't have much complaints about the company that l work for but the benefits and salary are problems with this company. right now i'm looking for a good company that can bring me a good salary and great benefits
Pros
they don't bother when you have call out, they really respect that specially if its an emergency.
Cons
just benefits, and salary
Lots of opportunity, too much red tape
Product Management (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJanuary 5, 2016
Strong core business in pharmacy and pharmacy benefits.
Lots of potential to make changes in healthcare.
Unfortunately, processes and red tape make innovation slow.

Great co-workers
Top management has strong vision
Middle management is a mixed bag -- learn to appreciate the work of the teams!
Was once a great company
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2016
Beware when you reach a certain age and salary despite outstanding performance you will get tossed aside. The culture of caring for the employees and engaging them is reflected in the high turnover.
nice place to work.
Benefit Opportunity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOOctober 30, 2015
Management are really great they take the time to let you know what your performance is and how to improve it if need be. This company recognizes when employees are doing a great job.

In this job there is a lot of sitting and the metrics system is a bit confusing because no two jobs are alike but the metrics are the same for all.
Pros
good benefits, great management, advancement opportunity
Cons
strict metrics, to much sitting, doesn't offer gym membership for overall health of employees.
An awful work experience. Stay away!
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMarch 9, 2016
Pros
They are doing some really innovative things in the healthcare space. Most of the people you work with on projects are very smart, congenial and energetic.

Cons
Compensation is OK. Benefits (especially health and vacation) are terrible - the worst I've ever seen in a large successful company.
CVS corporate has no meaningful orientation, on-boarding or supports in place for new employees.
The atmosphere is isolating, lacking in any warmth or connection, and there is no accommodation for outside life events that may affect work.
Middle managers were for the most part poor - insecure, lacking in basic people skills, and threatened by seasoned, skilled professionals coming in from outside the organization.
Due to poor internal communications and organization as well as the aforementioned limitations of many middle managers rework, finger pointing, blaming, and harsh, unwarranted feedback were all part of daily life there.
At any given time many of my colleagues were actively looking for other jobs.
I was lucky enough to get out quickly myself.

Advice to Management
Some of the senior leaders seem quite admirable. Unfortunately, their values and behaviors have not trickled down to many areas and people below. Not all areas are equally toxic and dysfunctional. Replicate what is working. Reconfigure HR (tossing out many in that hierarchy) and insist on improvement especially those areas that are supposed to be focused on bringing in good people, helping them acclimate and then building a healthy work culture.
Pros
Doing some innovative things in healthcare
Cons
Terrible work culture
Productive and fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Nashville,TNOctober 2, 2015
The job is productive and if you like doing new thing daily, then this job is for you. You get to experience different things on each call, every situation is different.I learned how to calculate prescription and day supply.The co workers are very nice. The management is great they work with you if you want to move up in the company.The hardest part of the job is the different systems you have to access to perform your job. The enjoyable part of the job is the benefits, and helping patients receive there medications.
Pros
the benefits are great, the schedules, and they work with life situation (realistic)
Cons
You are performing a lot of work that you may not expected, the job descriptions may not hit all points of the job detail
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAFebruary 17, 2016
This was a good job but not something that would benefical to my future job prospect. The job setting was unfair as workers did not have much benefits and worked pharmacist duties with little pay. Still I learned a lot from the job
Company doesn't seem to care about employees
Pharmacy Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 19, 2016
The company expects more work to be done but keeps cutting employee hours. The district managers, supervisors, and regional managers only care about their numbers and not about the well being of those underneath them. Compensation to staff is unfair.
Fast Paced Busy Environment
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 16, 2015
Overall, CVS is a good company to work for. The managers I worked with work just as hard as they expect their employees to. They are also very friendly and they take the time to get to know everybody on a personal level and are super understanding of any personal situations that may come up. The workload never ends, so if you aren't willing to work hard during your shift from beginning to end then this company is not right for you. It is literally, hit the ground running. Compensation could be better especially for those who bust their butt in the pharmacy and raises should be given more frequently and indefinitely over a gradual time period for those who exceed the expectations. The main suggestion I would have for this company would be to be more flexible with the hours allowed to sustain great customer service to our customers during our busier times and especially when hiring a new team member to come on board so that they get the proper training deserved.
Pros
fast paced, always busy, great managers and co-workers, great computer system
Cons
not enough hours given to schedule enough employees, slow raise increase
Flixible schedule, lots of work, not enough pay
Shift Supervisor B (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 14, 2016
I've been at my store since late 2011 and have been promoted twice into management. The amount of work that needs to be done in such a short period of time is stressful and the amount of effort required to put forth in order to satisfy corporate and the customer base is ridiculous. The pay is mediocre for the amount of work being done. The main reason I have stayed at my store is because of the schedule flexibility, which has allowed me to work other small jobs. I'm not sure why, but we never seem to be able to keep cashiers, so we often end up having to work our reliable cashiers and myself 35-40 hours each week.
Basically, there's always plenty of work to be done, but the amount of pay is not worth it.
Pros
Flexible hours, always busy
Cons
Long shifts without breaks, unreliable coworkers, low pay
Good Company.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2016
Good company to work for, but due to budget cuts there is no room to grow and the health benefits got cut as well. Liked the 20 percent discount.
Great associates, great management, but company doesn't seem to care about employees.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GA 30024March 22, 2016
I usually worked the night shift, so I'd clock in from 3-10pm. A list of daily tasks are laid out, such as: Planograms (reworking of items on the shelves), out of dates (dairy, lotions, food, infant aisle), checking books/magazines in, working out overstock, price changes, scanning out damages/product withdrawals. That'd be a pretty busy day, but most of the time, the tasks are distributed between the morning and night shifts. I have to manage the front, which includes: Ringing customers up (check out), show customers to items, and look after the photo department (the duties were merged over time).

I learned a good amount of social skills, and learned how good it feels to do things not for yourself, but for others. The CVS crew is like family.

The store managers never pressure any employee to complete all of the tasks, even though, the pressure is always on them (through the district manager and the manager above the district manager). They want to get to know every employee, and we all have a tight bond.

My co-workers are driven, and they want to go places in life. CVS is just a way to make money on the side. They are weird bunch, and all have strong personalities.

The hardest part of the job is how stressful the multi-tasking between customers, especially rude customers, and the tasks listed above can be. I only make about 2% raises and CVS not a company that promotes the benefits of going up in the company, so I find it hard to stay motivated sometimes.

The most enjoyable part of the job is simply the employees. They're all great!
Pros
I can handle most situations on my own without supervision.
Cons
Going up in the company doesn't seem to be worth it.