CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 11,989 reviews matching the search
Great Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 20, 2016
Wonderful place to work. It has excellent benefits & great rewards! It's a great company that definitely promotes growth.
Productive fast pace workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCNovember 20, 2016
I enjoy helping people, I would like to have full time position with 40 hours per week. The fast pace makes the days go by quickly, and I love to remain busy with things to do.
Not a good place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newport, RINovember 20, 2016
Going into work everyday was dreadful. The manager had no experience and had no idea what she was doing (how she got the job i do not know). She consistently told employees to do things the wrong way instead of trying to figure out the correct way to do it. Cleaning up after the person who is above you everyday gets tiring.
Frustrated and Ill Management System
Release Deployment Lead (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RINovember 18, 2016
Frustrated and Ill Management System, get impacted from offshore companies and have ruined the culture, work environment, no transparency in promotional criteria, no transparency in getting improvement, very ill managed, do not know how to manage tasks, teams, ill management systems overall.
Cons
weekend works, late hours work, low compensations, low benefits, very high expectations
I loved working here
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 18, 2016
Working at CVS/Pharmacy was, for the most part, a pleasant experience for me. There was always enough crew to get the job done. Customer service was stellar and a main key point of the job. The only issue I had was that I was told they promoted from within and then they made it clear that, that wasn't the case. Overall, I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Breaks, Great Customers, Great Coworkers
Cons
Didn't promote from within
not what company used to be
Pharnacy Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNNovember 18, 2016
very busy, stressful and not customer focused anymore. numbers driven at any cost. demand of things out of employee control
Pros
employee discounts
I was a manager who took my job seriously
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Helotes, TXNovember 18, 2016
In the town of Helotes, they didn't and still don't have an HEB. So our business was booming. After a Wal Mart was built, we found special ways to get our customers coming back.
Could be better
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INNovember 17, 2016
Very fast pace not time to learn. Must be quick to pick up on computers. Overall very busy place makes time go by faster and is fun with some employees
okay
Pharmacy Technician - Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 17, 2016
The overall job isn't a problem. All the surverys and numbers that the corporate system keep coming up with make it hard to really focus on the important aspects of the job.
Pros
full time benefits, holiday pay, learn as you work
Cons
surveys, high customer expectation vs reality
It is a enjoyable place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GANovember 17, 2016
A typical day at this job, is a busy day. You will have the opportunity fill prescription, do inventory, insurance claims, retail sales and so much more. The management team is okay; the co-workers are okay as well. The hardest part of the job I believe would be filing the insurance claims.The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing the smile on a customers face when they are satisfied.
productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 17, 2016
When i was working there my fellow coworkers was very organized with there work and made sure my time working there was perfect. I enjoyed my time working there it was a good experience for a first job i would love to work at a place like there again my time there was wonderful.
Kenova store
Service Clerk, Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Kenova, WVNovember 17, 2016
Pick another store in WV OH or KY just not Kenova. The manager is horrible and will write you up with or with out a doctor excuse. The manager will not transfer you not matter how much you want to be transferred. but she will only give you 17 hours a week
Pros
Cons
Manager attitude
CVS Customer Service Agent
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RINovember 17, 2016
A typical day of work would start with incoming phone calls from the start to finish, almost no time in between calls to catch up a break. Calls are in regard password reset, orders that does not go thru, prescription information that does not shows up on profile, and many curbside orders that does not accept promo code or are not process yet. Customers could be very rude. Coworkers and supervisors are very nice to work with but you'll have very little interaction since you are always on the phone. Training time is minimal- you learn it you do it- little or no time to practice.
loved working here
Lead Pharmacy Tech, Cpht (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYNovember 17, 2016
had a long run in this job . Loved every minute of it until 1 Pharmacist, that I and others could not get along with. Guess techs were more expendable than 1 pharmacist.
Pros
patients
Cons
didn't have any until just before I quit
The job is physically demanding.
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, MANovember 16, 2016
I have worked for CVS for over nine years.Retail is not a job I would recommends a full job. The pay isn't great and it is physically demanding. I would recommend the job for younger people who are just starting out.
Pros
A good job to start with if you have no experience.
Cons
There is heavy lifting and bending throughout the shift.
CVS opinion
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CANovember 16, 2016
very dysfunctional management and poor communication skills from supervisors in pharmacy aspects. Overall pharmacy more concerned with meeting goals then actual compassion and patient care. All of wish I do not personally agree with so not the place where I would like to work or receive service.
Fast paced and high stress
Lead Pharmacy Technician, C.Ph.T (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 16, 2016
It is a corporation and you have to deal with trying to reach unrealistic numbers typically with insufficient help and minimal raises. But when you can help that one person with their prescription or understand something and the genuinely appreciate it, its definitely worth it. I have known of many worse jobs!
Job is very demanading with great rewards
Training Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2016
Job can be very stressful at times. Very limited staff, must have structure to be successful. I love the discounts that the company gives to the colleagues. Place a lot of work on a particular store.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Little to no staff, always open
Good work environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 16, 2016
Good store management kept everyone focused on cooperative goals. Each employee was valued and given room to grow. The clerks/cashiers were trained well, and the supervisors had the necessary authority to operate the shift without store manager and district manager involvement.
Hostile, high pressure, zero support from upper mgmt and poor pay
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 16, 2016
I was returning to work after a couple of years having been at home
taking care of an ailing parent. I was glad for the opportunity, but I
would not recommend it to anyone excepting those who are using
it as a stepping stone to something else. The pay is not competitive
and there are unreasonable expectations and a great deal of
pressure (put on all members of staff) for that level of compensation
/ benefits. Mgmt is more concerned with keeping the status quo
than handling problems, so if someone who is more experienced
is hostile to newcomers they will stand behind the more experienced
person because they cannot risk losing them. That gives them
carte blanche to be rude and inconsiderate and push people out
of certain areas (like production) when they feel threatened. If
someone doesn't WANT to work drive-thru or pickup bc all of the
conversation is at drop-off and production? It's an easy way of
ensuring they get their way.