CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 16,752 reviews matching the search
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kings Park, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Good experience working there. The staff was pleasant. Enjoyed dealing with the customers and helping them find the products that they needed. Atmosphere was always pleasant.
Pros
Hours
Awful company
Pharmacy Technician/Retail Manager Photo lab (Former Employee) –  Yucaipa, CASeptember 19, 2017
CVS has nothing to do with helping people, its cut throat, management is awful, at this location, and poor treatment of employees is rarely addressed. Do not Work For CVS!
stressful,unprofessional
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 19, 2017
Good place to work as an intern or if you have no job at all. No real growth potential in many of the positions. You may have to work out of different stores to find the environment that suits you.
Pros
401k, flextime
Cons
pay
quick paced and fun
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 19, 2017
Its relaxed you run into people that are loyal customers. They make the shopping experience pleasant. There's always something to do that keeps you very busy.
fast-paced, team-oriented place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MASeptember 19, 2017
you better be ready to hit the ground running. but that's a good thing, there are a series of opening (the pharmacy) tasks that need to get done right away. then you refer to the workstation board to see what your assignment for the day is. you will be continuously busy accommodating customers, typing up new Rxs, filling Rxs, etc.
Pros
team environment, structure to the day, who does what, 30-min break as a necessary breather
Cons
hardly a down moment, low pay, continuously being paired with metrics
workplace
Client Benefit Analyst Rep III (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 19, 2017
CVS Health needs better management. The pay is not worth the amount of time you put in to your job .I would recommend going to a company that appreciates your work ethics. And that is going to pay more.
Pros
work from home
Cons
pay is not that great, management is not good
Great managers Great Customers
Pharmacy Support (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2017
Great place to work and all my managers and co-workers were helpful and understanding. Patient interactions were formed into great relationships. Would recommend this company to anyone getting a start in pharmacy.
Learning Experience Along With a Little Stress
Pharmacy Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 18, 2017
A typical day working for CVS Health Specialty Pharmacy usually results in learning something new every day about a different drug or patient you come across. I've learned to become patient, more open, and also giving others the floor the speak as well. It was a okay work environment but, when it came to management it was very difficult to get assistance or understanding on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is the employees you're surrounded by and the loving energy you feel from people you can call friend.
Cons
Short lunch
Lack of training, but high expectations.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32809September 18, 2017
The management expected to work 12 - 16 hours per day, however the daily production mostly completed in 8 - 10 hours. The meeting are scheduled after hours that forces management members to stay longer hours what negatively impact the work - life balance.

The disciplinary actions for hourly employees are not effective that negatively impacts the other employees dedication who does the right thing and this cause extra burden on them, also it's really discouraging.

The training is poor, on management level it doesn't exist at all.
Pros
On management level good compensation. Great benefits, and outstanding health insurance with great dental and vision insurance.
Cons
Lack of training on every level, on manager level training doesn't exist.
Okay company but..
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 18, 2017
The particular location I work for is certainly not for everyone. It is the busiest pharmacy in the district and we are not only short staffed, but we also have call outs often. I constantly do the work of 2 or 3 people at once. The company is an okay company to work for but I wouldn't recommend my store in particular to anyone.
Pros
I love my coworkers
Cons
there aren't enough of them though.
great workplace
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 18, 2017
great place to work part time. management is accommodating. workplace culture is not too hectic. hardest part is the monotony most enjoyable part is working with great employees.
Okay place to work, busy.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 18, 2017
Depending on your manager it can be fun or crazy stressful and busy, or laid back and fun. You need to be very personable because you speak with a lot of different and demanding people all day.
Fast paced and fun
Pharmacy Extern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
A typical day at work is done filling prescriptions for people, inputting prescriptions into the system and some inventory also required. I learned how to do these jobs and much more while completing my externship.
quick pace work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tannersville, PASeptember 18, 2017
A typical day for me is to come into work make sure the store is clean and ready to b opened for business. Open the door and log on to my register of the day i then have to walk the floor facing or cleaning aisles and making sure there are no items in areas they should not be, at the same time i have to assist all customers and assist all register transactions. It is possible that i would have to help out in the pharmacy do to the fact i have been trained to work there too. The hardest part is no one does both departments not even the managers but i manage to be 2 people at once. The best part is the joy i see in the customers after doing my job.
Pharmacy tech
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 18, 2017
In California it is very fast moving and busy. On top of that the pay is not great and the taxes takes most of you take home money. If you are a pharmacy technician I would suggest working in a hospital where you get paid more.
CVS was a pretty god job.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 18, 2017
I would come n and immediately begin work after after speaking to y co-workers. We were pretty much busy all day. Sometimes we got crazy customers but most of them were nice. It was a new environment for me but I liked it for the most part. The hardest part of the job was learning how to do the insurance or billing part of the job,
Loved the retail pharmacy field, but not the job.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2017
I loved worked as a technician, but I would not return to CVS. They pay less, over work employees, no raises, and have poor management. The job itself helped me grow as a person and as a technician, but I hated being over-worked and having to do 2 peoples worth of tasks while others aren't doing anything on the side.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Poor managment, limited hours, over work you, low pay
Pharm Tech & Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73162September 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time and experience of working for CVS pharmacy. I learned how to improve my skills of communication and working as a team. I would recommend others.
poor management
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLSeptember 18, 2017
there were things that were more important that were set to the side and were not put as priority. I tried many times to do what was more important but the store manager did not approve. it seemed as if they didn't care
Wonderful job!
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLSeptember 18, 2017
My favorite job i have ever had! they are huge on customer service an training there employees to understand that. you can tell they really care about their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval