CWPS Inc.is currently searching for a Network Engineer to fill a long-term contract position and work in a team environment supporting the U.S. Coast Guard. Seeking a network engineer (CCNA level is preferred), with router/switch/network configuration, troubleshooting, resolution, and some implementation experience (desired). The candidate must be customer focused with good people, interpersonal, and communication skills. A basic knowledge of VoIP/Voice technology is desired.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Business-casual attire. U.S. Coast Guard headquarters is conveniently located and is within walking distance of the Washington Nationals stadium. A U.S. COAST GUARD shuttle provides convenient transportation between the L'Enfant metro station and U.S. COAST GUARD headquarters. Metered and monthly parking is also available on site.
On a daily basis, the incumbent may be responsible for:
- Perform hands-on technical supporting duties
- Monitor network usage and capacity
- Monitor all hardware components to ensure network communication facilities are operating at optimum levels
- Work closely with other groups within C4IT
- The network team is also responsible for the cabling in the LAN closets, and regular switch and VoIP phone installs/upgrades for network expansion and improvement
ASSOCIATE LEVEL: 4+ years
- Active secret clearance
- Experience with routers, Ethernet switches and related protocols.
- Experience with network monitoring/management and fault isolation/management tools.
- Experience with the operation and use of management tool set, including device, configuration, performance, and security tools.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task to achieve a high volume workload while independently managing time.
- Ability to understand and follow change management processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP - addressing, routing protocols, and transport protocols.
- Experience providing systems monitoring, reporting, incident handling and troubleshooting of complex technical environments.Excellent trouble-shooting skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong self-initiative, ownership of tasks, and follow-through attitude
- Customer-focused team-player with exceptional people and interpersonal skills
DESIRED EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATIONS
- CompTIA Network + desired
- CompTIA Security + desired
- CCNA strongly desired
- Former network monitoring, design and/or implementation experience desired
- VoIP expertise is strongly desired
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, all Federal holidays, paid sick leave
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance options
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401(K), plus matching and medical savings account available
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
ABOUT CWPS INC: Headquartered in Chantilly, VA, CWPS is one of the DC region's leading technology partners supporting full-service voice and data networks, storage and virtualization, IT upgrades and integration, and business communications. We support businesses and the Federal government as a trusted partner with a full range of products, turnkey solutions, and professional services.
**IF QUALIFIED AND INTERESTED PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME AND SALARY REQUIREMENT.
Indeed - 11 months ago