Assist the Practice Operations Administrator with the daily operations of the front desk at a multi-specialty, high volume medical practice. This working position will develop, implement and monitor processes and procedures aimed at ensuring efficient patient flow and high levels of customer and practitioner satisfaction.
Specific Job Duties:
1. Perform all administrative functions as may be necessary (check in, check out, phones, etc.)
2. Analyze the patient flow at the front desk; formulate and implement process changes as necessary to achieve improvement
3. Ensure that the daily reconciliation of billing- is completed in a timely manner; review the “missing charges report” and investigate any outstanding bills; conduct a root cause analysis to identify reasons for missed billing and take appropriate corrective action to address systemic issues.
4. Mentor, train and otherwise ensure that all staff members deliver excellent customer service to patients and their families.
5. Ensure that the patient responsibility payment (copays, deductibles, etc.) procedure is followed at all times. Suggest changes in the process to the Practice Operations Administrator as may be needed from time-to-time.
6. Assist the Practice Operations Administrator with scheduling and staffing matters to ensure adequate coverage of the site at all times.
7. Monitor staff lunch schedule; adjust as needed to ensure appropriate coverage and maintenance of high-quality customer service
8. Monitor personal phone/computer usage and non-work related behavior at the front desk
9. Implement and monitor processes to ensure that all patients and families in the waiting room have been checked in and are otherwise without needs.
10. Maintain cleanliness of office work with housekeeping
11. Arrange for daily mail pick up
12. Mediate employee issues
13. Work with Practice Operations Administrator to improve staff morale
14. Assist non-English speaking patients at the front desk and in the treatment areas, as may be requested.
15. Maintains the strictest confidentiality of patient records in accordance with CWPW policy and HIPAA regulations.
16. Performs other duties not necessarily specified in order to ensure the smooth functioning of the office at all times.
JOB SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
2. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a medical office setting.
3. PC experience, Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
4. Excellent verbal and written communications skills - ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff; political and people skills to effectively manage change.
5. Bilingual in English and Spanish language.
6. Detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
7. Business acumen and insight into process evaluation and change management.
8. Ability to apply project management skills to meet goals and objectives.
9. Ability to hold team members accountable for meeting stated goals.
10. Although limited, must be able to travel for occasional meetings or training sessions.