This is an awarded contract.
CWU, Inc. is seeking full-time Pashto translators to provide language support to the U.S. Government (OCONUS). A successful candidate must be able to interpret and translate documents as well as verbal communication from Pashto to English and vice versa.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have at minimum (2) years experience of interpretation / translation
- Must be proficient in target language and English with the ability to score at minimum a 3 on the ILR scale in both the target language and English
- Must be able to conduct accurate translation, transcription and interpretation
- Must be able to provide accurate idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from English to the target language and vice versa
- Must be able to interpret / translate using colloquial / slang words/phrases
- Must have advanced knowledge of idioms and grammer
- Must be able to provide the cultural and ethnic context of translations / interpretations
- Must have document exploitation skills
- Must have in-depth geo-political knowledge
- Must be computer literate
* Must have at minimum an ACTIVE secret security clearance
- Must be able to meet all U.S. Government standards for deployment (OCONUS)
- Must be able to pass a polygraph and a CI Focus Interview
Applicants with an active security clearance AND a current CI Focus Interview / current Polygraph will be given priority
CWU, Inc. is an industry leader, providing professional services including but not limited to: training specialists, linguists and field subject matter experts, in addition to operational and training support customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, federal, civil and commercial sectors.
CWU, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required for these positions.