CA Technologies Employee Reviews

Great if you can last
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYJuly 17, 2017
great place to make money, very tough enviornement. You will be reviewed every quarter and will need to produce consistantly. you can make alot of money in sales.
Big company with constant layoffs but attracts great people
Director of Software Engineering (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 16, 2017
It is amazing how good a talent pool that CA acquires, yet constantly has regular layoffs.

They do believe in investing in their employees and offer good training for management to new hires.
Pros
great people
Cons
constant layoffs
No company direction. Employees are guided by fear (layoffs happen twice a year without warning) and hinders team collaboration.
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 14, 2017
It's where old technology goes to die. Unfortunately, Management is constantly in a power struggle with one another. Managements has no real sense of direction and this causes smart and talented individuals to seek a career elsewhere after a year or two.
Pros
Some great people work here.
Cons
frequent layoffs, poor management, no real sense of direction.
Great People
Director of Software Engineering (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 11, 2017
Great people, too many layoffs , and great people let go too often, put many years in, discarded for really no good reason, Management could never make up their minds on direction of certain product lines
Pros
People
Cons
Layoffs
Worked there eight years and was laid off
Software Engineer Enterprise Access Group (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 6, 2017
I worked for CA for eight years. The laid me off in 2005.

I was just a cog in the giant wheel of CA.

I did have good pay advancement during the dot com boom era.
Pros
Good pay advancement
Cons
Harsh environment.
Dedicated People
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYJune 29, 2017
Collectively, CA employees are the most dedicated group I have experienced in my career. Although there's occasional functional parochialism, for the most part the departments work very collaboratively.
Poor long term prospects
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 22, 2017
Top management is completely unqualified to lead such a diverse company. They are not willing to listen to middle and lower management about how to best service their client base. As a result, constant changes in direction and annual layoffs to make fiscal targets. Good place to learn and move on ASAP.
Pros
Great compensation package
Cons
Clueless top management, spineless middle managers
Great place to work for.
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYJune 19, 2017
Great place to work, management was good, casual dress code. I really liked it there, I knew everyone, I was there 25 years. I thought I would have retired there.
Pros
Great place to work, management and . co-workers are friendly
Cons
layed off not so good
Overall excellent experience and culture
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJune 15, 2017
A lot to learn and constant changing. Good experience but unfortunately the code is legacy products. Benefits are excellent and the salary is comparable with the market.
Pros
Culture is terrific and work/life balance is good, salary is comparable to market
Cons
Legacy products so software code, experience, and tools are legacy.
Best place to work
Analyst, Enterprise Data Mgmt (Customer) (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYJune 15, 2017
Best place to work, but Management system are very poor. They always make wrong decision and giving the job to India

Day care, gym and working hours are nice.
Pros
gym
productive and fun work environment with pool and ping pong table
Sr Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 15, 2017
Nice place to work. very positive culture. management is awesome. I do have a little problem with work load and family life balance as ther';s no possibility to work at least one day a week from home.
People you work with are great,but executive management is out of touch with people who do the real work.
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TexasJune 13, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping host monthly one team lunches with the entire center teams.
Worst part of the job was the annual layoffs that occurred.
Lower management (Directors and below) are very well engaged with the real business needs of both external and internal customers while executives (VP's and above) are so distanced from the day to day work that they make what appears to be very bad resourcing decisions. Too much knowledge walks out the door every year and they have a hard time retaining young talent because they see this pattern occurring all to often.
Pros
Good vacation policy
Cons
No one does your work while you are out so you it seems you did not get a vacation at times.
Where are we heading?
DevOps Build and Release Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 11, 2017
Upper management keeps changing initiatives too frequently. We finish a project just to dump it and move on. Nobody is listening or cares to hear from developers. Quality is a huge problem, and customer escalations are a common occurrence.

However, the engineers and team members are great to work with. We have fun together. There are some great minds working here, but a lot are being scared off by the way things are going.

Yearly layoffs are a thing.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management and lack of direction
No fluency within layers of the company, management or communication. Everyone is trying to slyly work around another.
API Management (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 10, 2017

I certainly learned a lot regarding my subject matter because I focussed and came in with a desire to learn.

I loved my teammates. Management is quite terrible. Lack of communication, and you are told to keep secrets
Challenging environment, great people
Escalation Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 9, 2017
CA's Corporate Escalation team is comprised of highly skilled people, most with great longevity with the company. Great satisfaction comes from being able to take a bad situation and turn it around resulting in a "delighted" customer. Customers are the most important part of CA's business. Maintaining those customers and their continued satisfaction is a priority.
Pros
Building relationships both internal and with our customers.
Cons
Sometimes, the hours can be crazy when you have an especially difficult customer situation.
They let me go
Senior Principal Consultant, Presales (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYJune 8, 2017
Not happy, I was told I was doing a good job and then this reorganization happens. However, given the opportunity I would gladly go back - I know the culture
Speed is Key
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 6, 2017
CA prides itself on being able to adapt and move quickly. Unfortunately this means that it is incredibly hard to keep up. Management piles on the work with not expectations and then rails on you when you don't deliver what they want.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Excellent Company
Presales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 2, 2017
A company on the move, with great leadership, great opportunities to expand, great culture and benefits.

There are many, many product sets, as well as opportunities within the product sets to find great, fulfilling job opportunities.

They promote from within and are loyal to alumni.
Pros
staying ahead of the curve, with career opportinities
Cons
remote jobs are not as desired as office based.
great culture but lacks committment to certain regions and/or BUs
SOLUTION STRATEGIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2017
Very collaborative place but the business is indecisive (and lacks) on GTM strategy as well as regional support (includes channel) for some regions and/or BUs in NA.
Pros
great culture, education and benefits
Cons
lacks regional/BU support in some cases, and no official vacation (between you and manager on if and when you can take time)
A great company filled with fantastic people
Sales Account Manager, Vice President (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 31, 2017
My career began as a software salesman at a small consulting firm. We grew that firm to become one of CA's top vendors. CA purchased us in 1997 and the transition was quick, painless and we had no turnover as a result.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CA Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval