CA Technologies Employee Reviews

Overall excellent experience and culture
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJune 15, 2017
A lot to learn and constant changing. Good experience but unfortunately the code is legacy products. Benefits are excellent and the salary is comparable with the market.
Pros
Culture is terrific and work/life balance is good, salary is comparable to market
Cons
Legacy products so software code, experience, and tools are legacy.
Best place to work
Analyst, Enterprise Data Mgmt (Customer) (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYJune 15, 2017
Best place to work, but Management system are very poor. They always make wrong decision and giving the job to India

Day care, gym and working hours are nice.
Pros
gym
productive and fun work environment with pool and ping pong table
Sr Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 15, 2017
Nice place to work. very positive culture. management is awesome. I do have a little problem with work load and family life balance as ther';s no possibility to work at least one day a week from home.
People you work with are great,but executive management is out of touch with people who do the real work.
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TexasJune 13, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping host monthly one team lunches with the entire center teams.
Worst part of the job was the annual layoffs that occurred.
Lower management (Directors and below) are very well engaged with the real business needs of both external and internal customers while executives (VP's and above) are so distanced from the day to day work that they make what appears to be very bad resourcing decisions. Too much knowledge walks out the door every year and they have a hard time retaining young talent because they see this pattern occurring all to often.
Pros
Good vacation policy
Cons
No one does your work while you are out so you it seems you did not get a vacation at times.
Where are we heading?
DevOps Build and Release Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 11, 2017
Upper management keeps changing initiatives too frequently. We finish a project just to dump it and move on. Nobody is listening or cares to hear from developers. Quality is a huge problem, and customer escalations are a common occurrence.

However, the engineers and team members are great to work with. We have fun together. There are some great minds working here, but a lot are being scared off by the way things are going.

Yearly layoffs are a thing.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management and lack of direction
No fluency within layers of the company, management or communication. Everyone is trying to slyly work around another.
API Management (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 10, 2017

I certainly learned a lot regarding my subject matter because I focussed and came in with a desire to learn.

I loved my teammates. Management is quite terrible. Lack of communication, and you are told to keep secrets
Challenging environment, great people
Escalation Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 9, 2017
CA's Corporate Escalation team is comprised of highly skilled people, most with great longevity with the company. Great satisfaction comes from being able to take a bad situation and turn it around resulting in a "delighted" customer. Customers are the most important part of CA's business. Maintaining those customers and their continued satisfaction is a priority.
Pros
Building relationships both internal and with our customers.
Cons
Sometimes, the hours can be crazy when you have an especially difficult customer situation.
They let me go
Senior Principal Consultant, Presales (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYJune 8, 2017
Not happy, I was told I was doing a good job and then this reorganization happens. However, given the opportunity I would gladly go back - I know the culture
Speed is Key
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 6, 2017
CA prides itself on being able to adapt and move quickly. Unfortunately this means that it is incredibly hard to keep up. Management piles on the work with not expectations and then rails on you when you don't deliver what they want.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Excellent Company
Presales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 2, 2017
A company on the move, with great leadership, great opportunities to expand, great culture and benefits.

There are many, many product sets, as well as opportunities within the product sets to find great, fulfilling job opportunities.

They promote from within and are loyal to alumni.
Pros
staying ahead of the curve, with career opportinities
Cons
remote jobs are not as desired as office based.
great culture but lacks committment to certain regions and/or BUs
SOLUTION STRATEGIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2017
Very collaborative place but the business is indecisive (and lacks) on GTM strategy as well as regional support (includes channel) for some regions and/or BUs in NA.
Pros
great culture, education and benefits
Cons
lacks regional/BU support in some cases, and no official vacation (between you and manager on if and when you can take time)
A great company filled with fantastic people
Sales Account Manager, Vice President (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 31, 2017
My career began as a software salesman at a small consulting firm. We grew that firm to become one of CA's top vendors. CA purchased us in 1997 and the transition was quick, painless and we had no turnover as a result.
CA = Change Always
Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2017
Management at CA was great and fairly consistent. I've had several managers during my time at CA.

The culture is great, everyone you work with is willing to help when possible. Met little to no resistance when asking for assistance or advice.

As a consultant, working from home was a huge perk.

Compensation is not as competitive as I would like. I was moved around a lot so getting promoted was also very difficult. Constant changes made things difficult.

Around the same time every year it becomes very stressful because of yearly lay-offs. Very stressful because your performance is heavily weighed on utilization which you have little to no control over.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Compensation, yearly lay-offs, constant changes
Good Company
Tech Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAMay 27, 2017
Computer associates is a good company with health and other benefits. Very good working environment. Managers are very fair with employees and helpful to them.
Layoff central. Need eyes in the back of your head.
Technical Writer/Information Architect/Manager (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJMay 26, 2017
CA = Change Always

Constant layoffs, constant reorganizations, constant watching your back to make sure you are well insulated by upper management above your management.

Even R&D cut-throat job survival.
Pros
Great peer-level coworkers, benefits
Cons
Constant layoffs, constant reorganizations, no job security, senior generation of leaders wary of younger leaders, protect your own culture, some managers not willing to let employees use hard-earned vacation time in agile scrum development
Challenging sales evironment - but left co in 2002
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYMay 22, 2017
CA was a challenging company when I was there. Well compensated sales team, but some products not competitive in market. All management has changed since I left, so things likely improved.
Pros
Free breakfast - good comp plan
Cons
Some products not competitive
Productive, solid work
Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 22, 2017
A typical day at CA involved early mornings, working across time-zones, and tons of flexibility while providing administrative support across the business unit.

I learned how to work independently and as part of a team.

Management is superb and always available for consultation, guidance, and support. Excellent benefits and a culture that promotes diversity, integrity, and personal development.

The hardest part of the job was not having direct influence on growth and revenue within the company but knowing it could impact your employment. Another hard part - tight salary increases, if any at all.

Overall, the most enjoyable part of the job was work/life balance and CA's focus on putting employees first.
Pros
Great benefits, professional development, etc.
Cons
Limited pay increases & frequent layoffs.
Unproductive and lack of direction at top level
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2017
Top leaders have no clue what works what doesn't. They just go by books which doesn't work in today's Agile world. They claim to be agile but their various VPs don't follow or believe in agile.

Overall they keep buying software but let go talented resources who built those software. It's a technology killer shop. Every product they buy goes on life support within next few years.
Pros
Cons
healthcare, leadership, culture, old resources with skills from 80s
Professional and productive place to work.
Senior Field Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 19, 2017
I would recommend CA as a place to work. The management was professional and promoted team building (which was very effective). It was a fast paced work environment.
Field marketing
Director of Field Marketing (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 16, 2017
The slogan goes - "CA" Change Always - ever growing organization with lots of opportunity and lots of change. Worked with the best group of women ever!
Pros
remote working environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CA Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.