CA Technologies Employee Reviews

Nice workplace. They pay very well
Sr. Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 29, 2015
If you work in software development there are many jobs available. They also have many sales positions available. There are many locations all over the US and worldwide.
Excellent people focused Company
Laurel, MD and Virginia (Current Employee), Laurel, MDApril 29, 2015
Organizing the daily activities, prioritizing and implementing
Working with good people is a plus and rewarding
Most difficult part of job is not being able to complete a task within time frame
Most rewarding is completing Projects correctly ina timely manner
Great place to work!
Director, Inside Sales (Current Employee), Plano, TXApril 27, 2015
Great people, good technology. Lots of work being done to make the company relevant to new target markets. Just about everyone is focused on making an impact, growing the business and continuing the conquest of the company.
CA Technologies
Services Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2015
Management always changing internally. Seems like the company is unsure of what direction they want to proceed. I would return in working for CA under the right circumstances.
Focused and Productive place to work
Client Retention and Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 10, 2015
Working in the Arcserve division of CA-Technologies and then for Arcserve once it became an independent company was a pleasure. Work life and social life are easy to balance while the management is easy to work with and helpful throughout not only the training process but also during the duration of your time with the company. Co-Workers are primarily a pleasure to work with and the job itself truly helps you improve your communication skills as well as help you develop a better understanding of Data Back-up and Management.
Pleasant working environment
Senior Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Herndon VAApril 8, 2015
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: sorry my position was no longer needed in US
I enjoyed working at CA and the people I work with. The people and the environment was an extension of my family, and everyone helps each other.
Overall a good place to work.
Support Engineer (Former Employee), Plano,TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Work Life balance
Cons: Middle management
The work/life balance greatly outweighs any career advancement. Direct management is good, however middle management is very political and divisive. Raises and promotions are few and far between.
Stable enterpirse software company
Senior Director (Former Employee), Islandia, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great benefit
Cons: political management
CA Technologies has a fun, diverse and fast-paced corporate culture that has put us on the map as one of the best employers in the industry, and pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators.
Good Company
Principal Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2015
Work is enjoyable. Good work/life balance. Co-workers are easy to work with. Lots of good people and there's lot of interesting work to done.
Great company
Support Engineer (Current Employee), FraminghamMarch 8, 2015
• Support Engineer: eHealth and Eco Meter Network Management and Energy Management Support tool,
That uses SNMP v1, SNMP v2c, and SNMP v3 to send request to gather results from the reports that are generate by the software.
• eHealth uses Oracle as Database to store the reports and all the user and password for each users.
• Remote Support used: Cisco Webex, Live Meeting.
• Build Script’s and software updates
• Design, develop, deploy and maintain several of CA's Products.
• Work with cross-functional development teams to roll out new software releases using continuous integration.
• Provides maintenance on existing code for products in the CA suite of applications. This includes minor product changes and defect repairs.
• Contributes in design and code reviews for products throughout the CA suite of applications.
• Partakes in creating and maintaining department standards for software development best practices.
• Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
good
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 5, 2015
Have working experience withe tools like : HP Application Lifecycle Management(ALM) and Quality Center, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Studio, Test Manager, Atlassian Jira, Bugzilla
Productive and great place to start your career
Solution Account Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: products and the people
Cons: politics
A typical day would be very fast pace, lots of freedom and fantastic team focused on making things happen! Great compensation and very competitive benefits program.
Good company
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Herndon, VAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: n/a
CA Technologies can be a good company to work for, but your experience will vary depending on the group you are in and your immediate management. Personal flexibility is an important factor for success at this company.
productive and fun.
Montessori Teacher (Former Employee), August, CAMarch 1, 2015
I would have to take care of the children ensuring they had activities each day and developed and progressed as well as having fun. I would make sure that the children were fed and ensure that they had clean clothes and change their nappies. I would make sure I planned children`s next steps to potentially reach EYFS learning goal by the end.
I learnt how to organise my time to make sure everything was done on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was to plan for the children`s learning and then be apart of their journey to progress.
Great co-workers and team environment
Sr. Information Services Engineer (Former Employee), FloridaFebruary 26, 2015
CA technologies provided me with many opportunities to expand my knowledge in the technical field. The work environment is team-based and managed on an agile schedule. I had the opportunity to work with extremely intelligent people from Prague, India, and multiple cities within the United States and I enjoyed every minute of my working day. CA technologies cares about the customers, provides quality products, and provides excellent benefits and opportunities to its employees. It is a good place to work.
Great Company to work for if you have a family
Senior Facilities Service Analyst (Former Employee), Islandia, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: day care for working moms, summer camp program etc
Cons: stressfull quater and year ends.
Great working environment. You get to learn all aspects of the company. Great environment for developing you in your career and many opportunities t move around in the company.
Great Place to work
Territory Account Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great compensation
Cons: a lot of management turnover
Strong Leadership with big rewards! Management will cover your tracks, support your efforts, and not micromanage you're daily activities. Quotas are attainable, hard work at CA pays off with in benefits and rewards.
No chance for advancement, awful management
Software Support Engineer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, a pay check
Cons: awful management. dead-end career.
On call for over 7 years!
No room for advancement.
Management not qualified to manage the group under them.
0 work/life balance
Fast paced work
Customer Experience Rep (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Its a fast paced job and management is not hands on. I have to be able to come in daily and do my job without being told. My immediate manager is in the UK. The hardest part of my job is remembering names.
Fun place to work with an onsite fitness center.
Administrative Assistant to Senior Vice President (Former Employee), Islandia, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free gym
Cons: job security
Manage multiple calendars
Prepare travel arrangements for business and family trips
Schedule and attend personal appointments
Coordinate any catering needs
Responsible for department communications
Support Executive Assistant to the CFO on department events
Assist team members with various projects
Headquarters