Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,034 reviews matching the search
I do not wish to provide
Employee (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 20, 2017
I do not wish to provide this information. I am unable to provide given the nature of the business and my role in the organization. This is not applicable.
camo sales
SALES (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 19, 2017
great place to work but the hours and pay where not the best and the discount was just taxes but the stuff you could learn there was great the other departments always needed help and that when you learn more about the items sold there
Pros
work environment
Cons
hours pay
Very Good Enviroment
System Trainer (Former Employee) –  Union Gap, WAJune 19, 2017
I would love to discuss my experience and opinion of this job with a representative of your company face to face. thank you for your time and consideration.
Immediate supervisor was a bully
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lavista, NEJune 16, 2017
Cabela's was labor intensive. Hundreds of thousands of products to keep track of. It was male dominated and our immediate supervisor was constantly demeaning employees, all women. It was uncomfortable to listen to the harassment or to be on the receiving end of it. HR refused to address it. The building was a work of art and the food interesting.
Cabelas
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 15, 2017
This job involves working closly with customers to help them to find the right product for the activity they are looking to enjoy while outdoors. Coworkers were friendly and management was friendly.
Family environment with a team mentality
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 14, 2017
Very helpful coworkers; everyone is willing to help one another in order to keep the store running efficiently, even if it includes doing work outside their job description
I would work for the christmas holiday
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73114June 12, 2017
I love the training and the quality of the work environment. The flexibility of work hours was the hardest to adjust. Management had more freedom with hours than lower level employees. The work goal to force customers for club cards made the customers hostile and uncooperative with cashier
Pros
Big Discounts, rewards
Cons
work hours, card pushes, and work clothes
fun
Club Member (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 11, 2017
Good management overall fun people to work with. Not much flexibility with hours if you as going to school. Pay it good and the discounts are worth working there
Low pay, low hours, ran horribly.
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJune 8, 2017
Carpooled down to Wheeling to work, they'd only have us work 2 to 4 hours some days then ship us off. Had us sweeping constantly because they couldn't find things for us to do. Pay was low and they had a weekly "pay cap" for employees. I was promised multiple times that I would be moved to another area, but it never happened. One day I just woke up and decided I never wanted to go back.
Pros
Smoking area (It's outside in the cold though)
Cons
Low pay, low hours, people were rude constantly, no work ethic for a lot of employees, supervisors had no idea what they were doing.
Excellent coworkers/awful management
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 8, 2017
Managers cared too much for selling credit cards and for spending their free time in the break room getting drunk and watching tv. would not recommend
Pros
Fulltime benefits, Coworkers
Cons
Management, a few coworkers
Alright place to work
DOOR GREETER (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 8, 2017
The people were great, but some of the managers are sub par and have a tendency to play the favoritism card. They cut a lot of my hours which is why I had to leave.
Meh
FIREARM SALES OUTFITTER (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 8, 2017
Management is sub par. No progression unless you are buddy-buddy with management. Must be a "Yes" man and not question anything you're told. No incentive to go above and beyond with performance. Yearly review has little impact on pay raise. Above average performance will receive the same pay raise as average performance.
Fast-paste
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 7, 2017
A typical day at Cabelas is fast paste, customer orientated.
The work place environment if friendly and good to work in.
Most enjoyable is helping customers.
mixed feelings
ATF Admin (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 6, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Cabela's at first. Since being opened for the first year, the moral wentdown hill fast. Some management had a superiority complex. Some management was hard to deal with and work with. They do not like to pay overtime no matter how much is left to be done. They make you shave hours to avoid overtime. Was always left short staffed and couldn't get extra help. Since we were short staffed, the ones of us that were there were strectched very thin. I didn't mind helping at all but it got quite aggravating and frustrating. Sometimes you may have gotten a kudos for your hard work but most of the time you weren't. Too focused on club cards. Extra compensation for your hard work was not given even though you did extra tasks that weren't asked of you. I did enjoying helping others out and teaching them whenever they asked questions. I also enjoyed that everyday wasn't the same.
Pros
Discounts, health insurance
Cons
Sometimes couldn't get a lunch break
Boring
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 5, 2017
No free time and no work/life balance, management could care less about you or your personal life. No one takes time to get to know employees and its work or die
Fun and relaxed place to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNJune 5, 2017
Cabela's is a great company and a great place to work with lots of benefits. I only wished they paid better. The days can be rather long if the store is slow, and you are standing around a lot, but it does get very busy at times.
Pros
great managers, flexible work schedule.
Cons
no paid lunch break, too obsessed with Cabela's club cards.
Very nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dundee, MIJune 4, 2017
Everyone you work with is looking to advance their careers and they offer many many benefits for those willing to work for it. Management is always on top of everything and people remain professional.
hunting and fishing company
AP -Shared Services Senior Processor (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NEJune 2, 2017
i was there for over 10 years. wonderful people to work with. ggod job that taught me many AP skills. i enjoyed my work and was good at it. i started out in dropship, made my way to matcher and later became a problem solver.
Work that will keep you moving
Break Case Filler (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJune 1, 2017
The typical day is doing the required job and try to make rate, sometimes more difficult than expected. The work can be fast paced or even slow at times. I have learned patience, perseverance, team work, and working with difficult people. Some of the management are really helpful and will always be there; but some management cares more about their image in the company. The workplace culture promotes team work but there are always some employees that do not get along with many people. The hardest part of the job is keeping up the pace over an eight hour day. It is physical labor and peak season can be very long. The most enjoyable part of the job is enjoying talking with other coworkers. Most of my coworkers are very kind.
Pros
rewards for hard work
Cons
Use to be fun, now it's all about dollar signs.
Sales Coach (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 31, 2017
I started as an Outfitter, moved into a management position and now they only care about the bottom dollar. They evolve around the Club Visa, and put people's jobs on the line if 8 cards are not obtained in a month. Upper management will not train you, but expect you to know what to do. I use to love my job, not so much.
Pros
3 point 5 discounts
Cons
called off breaks and lunch to come back to the floor, cut hours to get theur monthly bonuses​

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabela's Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval