Cabela's Inc.

Cabela's Inc. Employer Reviews

Managment issues
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Rogers, ARAugust 31, 2014
Since the GM left the store all the managers went into disarray and you had no idea who to listen to and the lower employees were constantly heckled to meet certain standards that the managers themselves wouldn't try to meet.
Fun place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTAugust 22, 2014
Cabela's is an awesome place to work, they care about employees.
poor place to work
retail (Current Employee), Lonetree, COAugust 19, 2014
Cons: supervisor is hard to work for
Co-workers are very nice the supervisor in our department is not a easy person to work for. She is not well liked through the store.
Well run company, lots of happy customers
Clothing Outfitter (Former Employee), Tulalip, WAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: the discounts and ways to earn them.
Cons: at times, a difficult customer and sometimes it was physically exhausting.
This position was shift work and I learned many things about the retail culture including but not limited to helping and assisting both fun/happy and difficult/unhappy customers, stocking, creating displays, teaching customers about the outdoors - safety and survival first, fun second. I had wonderful, hard-working co-workers. This is a very well run – more... company. The hardest part of the job - not much was hard - during the holidays the long hours were taxing. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the happiness in both the customers and co-workers. – less
Ummm.... Don't work in Rogers MN
Lead (Former Employee), Rogers, MNAugust 11, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: management, gm, core values, outfitters not appreciated, shady place to work, disappointing
I am not going talk bad about Cabela's as a whole because I don't know about other stores but I do know Cabela's in Rogers Minnesota is the worst place I have ever worked for. I have worked for a few places and I have never see such bad management from every angle. The store manager is hardly there and has favorites and honestly looks down on outfitters. – more... I have seen him literally yell at people and have put them down, including myself. You have managers having relations and not approptiate with outfitters or each other, which is against policy. You have managers favoring outfitters that than don't have to work as hard but have the hard workers either get bad shifts or great treated like nothing. I was a lead and I seen a lot of things happen. I was there for three years and can honestly say it wore me down physically and mentally. The communication is horrific and than is blamed on you as a lead because you're under the manager. Managers hardly work and just hang out in their bullpen (cubical's). All they want is money, sales, and club cards. They focus on club cards way too much and customers get angry for being bothered in every department. There is a lot of standing around and talking instead of working. Since I've left the I've noticed the lack of staffing due to people quitting, including a lot of my friends. It's dirty and not organized at all from when I first started three years ago. Amy Wolfe was the GM when I started and she was amazing!!! I also had Corry for my corp manager and she was amazing as well. These new management is the worst and they have no heart into their job and just in it for a paycheck. I was taught when I started at cabelas I'm Rogers mn, that cabelas was a "family" oriented place and the passion was the core values, outdoor experience, and excellent customer service. That isn't there. Like I said, I was a lead and I worked so hard. I picked up slack from my team, worked more hours than I should have, and did my managers work while on vacation a lot for weeks at a time. I was let go for a bogus reason because I was straight forward, blunt, up front, and suck up to management. So I was picked on over other leads in the store. I am thankful for the experience and friendships I grew from that store. But disappointed in all the shady things that happen.
Again, I love Cabela's. But Rogers, MN store needs new management and employees for it to function and keep employees around. – less
Front End Cashier & Floor Assistant (Current Employee), Tulalip, WAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: have potential to earn comission, fun competitons, bbq's. lot's of events
Cons: no cons, sometimes it would be good to work some more hours here.
I love working here, it is a great part time job for me. The passion that flow's through here is amazing. Great team to work with. I could even see in the future when I do finally retire, I will still be here...
fun and hard
Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDAugust 8, 2014
Pros: free foods
Cons: short breaks and lunch
its fun working with coworkers but its sometimes hard because of the heavy product.
Great Company with a family first philosophy
Fork Lift Operator, Packing Associate (Current Employee), Tooele, UtahJuly 29, 2014
Pros: discount, 401k, benefits, family friendly company
Cons: low pay, schedule changes without advanced notice
Working for Cabela's was like working with family. Everyone was very close and worked well together to get the job done. I was always able to get time off to attend family functions as long as I gave advanced notice.
good
Customer Associate Representative (Former Employee), lincoln NEJuly 24, 2014
I liked my job a lot have to pass a test at the training but the test is not hard. I had 100% scores almost all the time. Never had bad score.
Great work environment, Friendly people
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Owatonna, MNJuly 22, 2014
Pros: onsite resturaunt, beautiful animal displays
Cons: low pay, long hours
1. Prep for the days work
2. Create signage that has been requested by the departments
3. Check over the store floor for needed signage
4. Speak with Corporate and work on suggested projects
Comfortable work environment.
Sales (Current Employee), Allen, TXJuly 21, 2014
Cons: lack of hours.
I like the job, the people I work with are very nice.
The reason I'm seeking another job is I am only working 20 hours a week. It started at 30 hours a week with a chance of more hours. Their business has slowed however and they have cut hours. I really need 40 hours a week.
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dundee, MIJuly 13, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: no cons
A typical day at Cabela's is great!! You never get bored listening to stories told by the customers and co-workers. I learned so much more about the out doors than what i already knew. My co-workers were great whenever I needed help they were always there to help. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the new product. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was knowing that I helped that customer with his/her needs. – less
Everybody works as a team
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJuly 7, 2014
Pros: fun and friendly work place
Cons: working there during black friday
Store is kept clean and tidy. All employees I've talked with were always friendly and very helpful if i got stuck on something.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2014
Pros: ability to make commission
Cons: inconsistant schedule
I love working with our customers and enjoy my coworkers. I have learned some new job skills.
Fun Company that gave me fantastic experience
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, ORJune 27, 2014
Cabela's was an experience I will never forget. I loved the people I worked with. The experience and adventures that I had there were invaluable!
Very poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Thornton, COJune 19, 2014
Pros: most coworkers are nice and friendly.
Cons: poor pay, short staffed, very poor management.
Cabela's is way too top heavy with management. You have to deal with too many bosses with differing ideas so you do not know who to listen to. They claim to care about their employees but never seem to deliver. The store is most always short staffed so you end up covering numerous departments.
The love of the outdoors is a must.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSJune 9, 2014
Pros: can hunt or fish anytime you want.
Cons: work on weekends and holidays.
Great people to work with. Typical day is 8-5. The hardest part of the job is working weekends and holidays. However, the best part is you talk about the outdoors everyday and sell fun.
Great work environment
Customer Service Outfitter (Current Employee), Rapid City, SDJune 7, 2014
Pros: lots of incentives and chances to earn extra money off commissions, great employee discounts on products
Cons: short manned
I love working for Cabela's! Not only are the customers amazing but so is management. I like how professional they are but very laid back at the same time. Never once have I had issues with any of my co-workers. Cabela's offers lots of incentives during a regular work day and if you are good at what you do, there are tons of ways to make extra money – more... off commissions when processing online orders for customers, selling product protection plans and signing customers up for the Cabela's Club Card. I really enjoy helping our customers find solutions to their (sometimes complex) issues and seeing a smile on their face when they leave the store. – less
Fun place to work
NICS - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rogers, MNJune 3, 2014
Pros: contests
Cons: low pay
It is a fun place to work.The hours are flexible.There is a lot of customer interaction which is interesting and makes the day go fast.
Big Box retail
Gun Library Manager (Former Employee), retail, usaMay 29, 2014
Pros: lots of work
Cons: more work
Excellent learning environment Q3&4 are busy and very tollling

About Cabela's Inc.

Cabela’s Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is a leading specialty retailer, and the world’s largest – Read more