Cabela's Inc.

Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

IT not very compatible with the Outdoors
Developer IV (Current Employee), Kearney, NEMay 19, 2015
The nature of MIS/IT is fundamentally incompatible with a love of the outdoors and the nature of a Cabela's employee. Must purpose to disconnect in order to enjoy that life.
Productive workplace environment with great people.
Backend outfitter (Current Employee), Rogers, MNMay 16, 2015
Pros: discount on great gear
Cons: transition of ownership
Days either begin with the unloading of a truck or backstocking product in the warehouse. Later in the day, product will be picked and brought to customers as needed. Forklift and picker operation are needed throughout the day as well. My co-workers and I quickly became a solid team and went through our daily tasks with ease. This was due to great leadership and management. The hardest and most tedious part of the day was the unloading of trucks but also when they were completed it was a good feeling of accomplishment.
OK Job
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee), Yakima, WAMay 16, 2015
Pros: Discounts, Hours.
Cons: Constant pressure to push Credit Cards on customers.
Its alright, not too hard, great discounts. Management was fun, no chance of promotion really. The fact that men have to tuck in their shirts but females do not, is kind of ridiculous.
Good place to learn the retail business
Customer Service Outfitter (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 15, 2015
Started as a seasonal cashier, went to customer service and really enjoyed it. Everyday was something new which kept the normal tasks easier to perform. Work environment was pleasant.
love the environment
warehouse employee (Former Employee), Lehi, UTMay 15, 2015
Was a great job, worked in the warehouse, drove the forklift, stocked shelves, and also ran inventory out to customers when the product was not found on the floor. Great environment, that is the hobby that I love, anything outdoors.
Fun work environment with great people.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cheektowaga, NYMay 12, 2015
Pros: Hour lunches.
Cons: No where to move up in the company, not paid lunches.
A typical day at work, since I was one of the people who worked full time, would be me starting off with unloading a truck of pallets, and then loading them into the warehouse before the store even opened. Then when the store opened, I was taking care of customers in the footwear department, running and getting sizes they needed and ordering online if needed.
great oppurtunities
Customer Service (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIMay 10, 2015
Pros: great incentives
Cons: hours not steady
Co-workesr and management are pretty amazing. Just wish there was more room for advancement in a "man:"based company. This company offers great incentives and opportunities to do different events in your community. Also allows great travel experience if one is able.
Cabela's
Sales Associate - part time (Former Employee), Rogers. mnMay 8, 2015
Co-workers were great. Management was average. The main problem I had with Cabela's is that did not want full time employees an have to pay for benefits.
A workplace rich in culture
Full Time Outfitter (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMay 7, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Management and College options
The culture at Cabelas was in every aspect of your day to day job. The people who work there are usually hard working knowledgeable people who love what they do. The management at the Anchorage Alaska branch however was terrible, distant and controlling are two ways to describe them. The fact that working Full Time at Cabelas eaves you with absolutely no options as to College lead me to leave the company. They will NOT give you two days off a week on the days of your choice so scheduled college classes are out.
Very good place to get a start
Gifts Outfitter (Current Employee), Charleston, WvMay 7, 2015
Very fun co-workers and a good job to get your feet wet starting out life. Loved working here and learning what all retail people have to go through on a daily bases.
Fast paced, but fun working environment.
Backroom Team Member (Current Employee), Garner, NCMay 6, 2015
A typical day at work consists of unloading the freight truck and afterwards taking all freight to the floor for replenishment. Once all shelves and hooks are filled all left over freight is taken to the backroom and assigned locations and back stocked. All co-workers are great and always there to help each other out.
Awesome store to work in!!
Sales Associate in men's clothing (Former Employee), Rogers, MNMay 6, 2015
Pros: Fun atmospher
Cons: Too large to walk some days!
Having a plethora of men's hunting and fishing clothes, it was really educational. All-weather, summer, fall and everything in between. A really great environment to work in.
Growing Retail Establishment - Fun, but it's a grinder
Pacific Northwest District Training Administrator (Former Employee), Lacey, WAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Free lunch on major holidays, advancement
Cons: Retail. It's not the easiest. I can't travel anymore. I hope you can.
My day was ever changing, which was awesome. Each moment presented it's own challenges. Growth potential is awesome if you are able to travel, or are able to relocate. I was not able to do either. My boss was awesome. I miss my boss and and my job. Not too many people can say that. The pay wasn't great, but it was made up with the discount.

If you want to work your butt off, travel, and have a lot of fun using great gear - CABELA'S IS FOR YOU!
fun, but would have loved more hours
Outfitter (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMay 1, 2015
a typical day at work was stocking shelves, helping customers, and working with my team
I learned great people skills
management was very professional my coworkers were all very nice and very helpful

the hardest part of my job would have to be the scheduling
the most enjoyable part would have to be working with my coworkers
Would be nice place to work if had better scheduling !!!!!
Deli outfitter (Current Employee), Thornton, COApril 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunches for deli outfitter
Cons: Not enough help when needed!
The hardest part of this job is always working by your self! But almost all co workers are nice ppl. I work in the Deli. And they have great food!
Cabelas
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Bowling Green KyApril 28, 2015
Working at Cabelas was a great experience i loved my co workers and advanced my knowledge in the outdoors. The most enjoyable part of my job at cabelas was the interaction with the customers and staff. i loved being able to answer question and help make there outdoor experience great.
LOVE!
Customer Service (Part-Time/Seasonal) (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 25, 2015
Pros: Compensations, Benefits, management
Cons: Long hours
Cabela's was a fun experience in my job experience. Pay was pretty descent. Love my cabela's team! Management was awesome. The only bad thing was long hours.
Great place for an outdoorsman to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamburg, PAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Caring, competent management. Meeting with new people.
Cons: Irregular scheduling of work hours- e.g. closing one night and having to open the next morning.
Overall, an excellent place to work, though the lack of a regular schedule could be trying. Management was extremely competent, and really cared about the workers. A fun place to have a job for an outdoorsman.
family oriented a great place to work
back end outfitter fulltime (Current Employee), christiana delaware #53April 14, 2015
Pros: i
I am a backend outfitter fulltime
at store#53 in christiana Delaware.
my store is amazing the people are great and the MGRS lead from the front and always willing to teach.
the relationship I have with my fellow outfitters exceeds a working
or even friend type bond its more like family!
they truly are my bros and sisters I love my job and the people I work with.
Great outdoor minded culture; strong team environment.
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee), Hamburg, PAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great team to work with; outdoor culture created a great environment to work in.
Cons: Work life balance was a challenge.
Work life balance is difficult due to business schedule/needs.

Teams throughout business are highly dedicated, and in my opinion are some of the best found in retail.

About Cabela's Inc.

Cabela’s Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is a leading specialty retailer, and the world’s largest – Read more

Cabela's Inc. Salaries