Cabela's Inc.

Cabela's Inc. Employer Reviews

Fun work environment with excellent managment
Cashier/ Footwear Sales (Former Employee), Dundee, MIDecember 17, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks an 8+ hours shift
A typical day at work was 5-8 hours, but never the same schedule
Cabela's
Marketing (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEDecember 10, 2014
Pros: work atmosphere, co-workers
Cons: pay
Great work atmosphere. Benefits were ok. Pay was terrible.
Its in your Nature
Firearm Salesman (Former Employee), Rogers, ARDecember 8, 2014
Work there if you only want part time work, if not its not worth it as the only way you can advance in the company is not through hard work but by kissing upper managements butt
Love the break times
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEDecember 5, 2014
Pros: you get your own cubicle
Cons: calling in takes way longer
I only worked there for 2 weeks but i liked the environment. They were really helpful.
Wonderful place to work - great people, great opportunity for advancement!
Department Lead (Current Employee), Lone Tree, CODecember 5, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement, free lunches, great employee discounts
Every day is like Christmas, here. I love the people I work with and I have made some great friends here. I also love the interaction with our customers, and knowing that my expertise and knowledge has helped someone to better enjoy their adventure in the outdoors.

The work can be hard and the hours long, and it can be difficult to plan events around the fluctuating schedule, but management is very accommodating if you need to change your schedule, or if you need time off for personal reasons.

Turn-over is high, but it is mostly with the younger employees who lack a strong work ethic. I work with military enlisted and officers, a medical doctor, an attorney, an architect, a Ph.D. and a few former business owners, all of whom are retired and who don't really "need" the money, but who love the outdoors and the opportunity to share their knowledge of the outdoors with our customers.
Great Place
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Praire du Chien WINovember 26, 2014
1st job I had but for the most part it is a very good job for a warehouse job.
New Store, inexpeience Management
Sales Counter Outfitter (Former Employee), Augusta, GANovember 22, 2014
Pros: close to home and enjoyed my position
Cons: badly mismanaged, low wages
Good company, however this store wasn't a full size cabela's. The management wasn't trained well.
Fun place to work. Great customer service
Special Order Firearms Manager (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MONovember 11, 2014
Pros: great employee discounts
Cons: retail is just a strange business
Cabela's is a top notch company. They wrote the book on taking care of customers
Innovative and rewarding
Associate (Former Employee), Prairie du Chien, WINovember 5, 2014
Working with the advertising at the retail store. This allowed me to use my creativity. Management allowed me to use my creativity in any way that I seen as acceptable per the company policy.
Tough Job
Asset Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Tulalip, WAOctober 31, 2014
lots of responsibilities but a lot of opportunity for development
Great place to work if you have an interest in the outdoors
outfitter (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COOctober 24, 2014
Great place to work if you have an interest in the outdoors. High turn over
Productive workplace selling outdoor fun
deli (Current Employee), Rapid City, SDOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short staffed
Prepping food, making fudge, and taking orders is usually what involves a typical day at work. I have learned more about the food industry and the do's and don'ts. The management is new and just getting into the swing of things, excited to see what's to come. The really is no hard part about the job. The most enjoyable part is going to work with people you get along with.
Productive company
Warehouse Lead Overnights (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSOctober 9, 2014
Pros: co-workers and pot luck
Cons: management
Pull stock, place stock on sales floor, make and re-arrange work schedules. Management skills. CO- Workers were amazing. Hardest part of job was telling someone that I was unable to give them the time off they requested. Breaks
Great place to work with outdoor passions
Sales Associate (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTOctober 7, 2014
Good place to work especially if you have passions for the outdoors, in which I certainly do. Diverse culture of employees and customers alike, there is always something new to learn. Best part of my job being that I am an Eagle scout, is helping the younger scouts when they come into the store. Good co-workers to work with and a lot to learn from and vice versa. There is always room for improvement in the store and everyone alike.
Lost the definition of a family company
Management (Current Employee), KansasOctober 7, 2014
Over the last few years the company has lost its identity due to wanting to become a big-box. No longer based on the CORE values it was established on and has lost its appreciation for the sales team. Has no concept of work/life. I understand big-box and would have more support to company if they did not keep denying true ideals instead of family/appreciation of team/work-life/etc.
I loved working at Cabela's
Firearms Inspector and Runner (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVOctober 5, 2014
I loved the disciplined and coordinated management teams of each department. I appreciated the extensive training I received in all areas that I expressed interest in. I loved the store and I loved the fun atmosphere. I had a great team of co-workers. The only reason I considered leaving was because it was a permanent part-time position.
Customer Service is the most important part of the job.
Deli Manager (Former Employee), Lehi, UTSeptember 30, 2014
Making sure our customers received the best customer service and the best quality of food.

To maintain a productive crew and make sure that everyone was working fast and efficient to insure that everything ran smoothly.

The crew I worked with were for the most part a joy to be around and were always willing to listen and learn new ways to accomplish our task.There were those that were not as eager to learn.

I loved helping customers and making sure they were happy when they left so that they would come back. The customer is the most important person and you should always be willing to make their experience the best you can.
Fun work enviroment, bit of scheduling issues
Cashier (Former Employee), Lewis Center, OHSeptember 29, 2014
I had a great time working for Cabela's, however when I did want to change my availability we did have some issues.
An interactive environment with opportunities to cross train with different departments.
Seasonal Laborer (Current Employee), Wheeling, WVSeptember 9, 2014
Being seasonal labor, learn what each department role and function is to process customers' orders. Benefit is being able to receive a discount at any Cabela's store. Opportunity to be hired full time with additional benefits.
It's a great place to work if you love the outdoor activities and communicating with like customers
Cashier (Current Employee), Hazelwood, MissouriSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: discounts on everything in the store, flexible hours
Cons: people run their mouths to much, drama, not professional
Cabela's is my first job. So i learned a lot. i learned cash-handling and also how to communicate with customers and how to handle customers that weren't that nice. i got along with most of my co-workers with no problem at all. the most enjoyable part of my job is just coming in and seeing my awesome co-workers and also knowing that i could be of assistance to a customer that was in need of something.

About Cabela's Inc.

Cabela’s Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is a leading specialty retailer, and the world’s largest – Read more

Cabela's Inc. Salaries